Australia calls for US boycott over senseless killing

Can't blame Australia for wanting to keep their citizens safe from the constant gun violence of the US.

Seriously, just as we have the right to own guns, they have the right to keep the gun deaths out of their country.

I'm surprised you lovers of free choice aren't defending that.

Australia banned from further semi-auto, auto, pump-action shotgun weapons a while ago...there was one too many a massacre.
Also banned ownership of such weapons.

'The Hoddle Street massacre'.
'The Strathfield massacre'.
And the biggest horror of them all, 'The Porth Arthur massacre'...it was the final straw.
Prime Minister Howard [awarded the US Medal of Freedom by President George W Bush] acted, banned the weapons [handguns were already illegal]...and had a 'buyback'...'cash for the above listed weapons.
It worked...and the weapons were banned from further sale.
Get caught with one after the buyback/amnesty deadline...then you would be in BIG trouble.

Aussie boys [and girls] in pubs in Australia at closing time, armed with six guns?
NOOOOO!
Gotta have plastic cups after midnight or so now...so they can't 'glass' each other in the face.

There are more than 3 million guns owned by civilians in Australia.
Bolt-action rifles and non-pump-action shotguns mostly, nearly all in rural and semi rural areas.
Home invaders have illegal guns...and have killed people.
Usually they just use the guns to threaten.
They usually carry axes, knives etc as well.
Most home invasions seem to be targeted attacks.

America's culture is completely different.
Americans have the right to arms themselves and shoot home invaders etc to save their own lives.
A great idea, for the good people to be able to carry guns to defend themselves against the bad people.

It's all a trade-off....everyone to carry guns or not.

Last edited:
Can't blame Australia for wanting to keep their citizens safe from the constant gun violence of the US.

Seriously, just as we have the right to own guns, they have the right to keep the gun deaths out of their country.

I'm surprised you lovers of free choice aren't defending that.

No one said they didn't have the "right" to ban guns in their country, or boycott America.
I personally could care less.

Forum List

Back