🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Australia more violent than the U.S...and they can't have guns....

And now the truth, from WaPo.....

imrs.php
take gun violence by the gangs out of there and the US is one of the safer Countries on the planet....
Ya and just think if we ban firearms all those gangs will just turn in all their weapons and we will be safe. Honest, by the way, did I mention I have a bridge to sell cheap?
am i talking about banning guns?.....learn to understand what people are talking about Sarge ....otherwise go back to your bowl of pablum....now what i said,was it true?....
One assumes that given enough information another poster is smart enough to recognize when another poster is being facetious, I even include the selling a bridge to give you a hint. So instead of using critical thinking skills you assumed I was attacking your post when in fact i was supporting it by claiming something that we all know won't happen if one bans firearms.
sorry Sarge.....it seemed from my end you were saying i was full of shit.....ill take the Pablum for that....

Since you were just here saigon...how about answering a simple question for me....say a woman is being stalked by an ex boyfriend, who over the period of a year has threatened to kill her, has threatened various members of her family and broken her ribs and stuck a gun in her mouth....the police have failed to help her, though her family works for the police, and restraining orders do not stop these kinds of stalkers.....

As an anti gunner, one who doesn't think innocent law abiding citizens should be able to carry guns for self defense....

What would you do to help this woman in this situation....not one of you anti gunners have been willing to answer that question....

Bro........you cant go the logic route with a mental case.:dunno::eusa_dance: I haven't asked a single question of any of these mental cases on here since I joined this board about 50 years ago. People have pronounced connect the dots issues. IDK.....I just use analogies, satire and sarchasm to try and paint a picture to those in here looking to get a baraometer on the real world and highlight the makey-uppey world of the progressive nutty-asses.

Bro........you cant go the logic route with a mental case.:dunno::eusa_dance: I haven't asked a single question of any of these mental cases on here since I joined this board about 50 years ago. People have pronounced connect the dots issues. IDK.....I just use analogies, satire and sarchasm to try and paint a picture to those in here looking to get a baraometer on the real world and highlight the makey-uppey world of the progressive nutty-asses.

I know...this question is more for the casual reader than for them....the anti gun nuts have no rational answer to help these women...other than to simply allow the attack to happen and hope the women survive...somehow....

Seems that adding guns to the equation gives us our obscene murder rate

They have more violence but less murder...go figure

Seen this sort of thing prop up on another forum. So will just say per capita figures can be pretty crap when comparing countries or states i.e. a country could have 100 murders a year, but most of them could just be in a few cities or just one city.

For Maryland, Baltimore has a high rate of violent crime, which would increase the per capita crime stats - even though more than half the state doesn't live there.

I have never seen crime in America, New Zealand or Australia, besides in the news, and I am in my twenties by now. So I call BS on Australia being a 'more violent country' based on per capita.

Does per capita gun deaths mean that America is a war zone, are the streets swarming with crazed mobs in every city? Because that is how inaccurate a picture per capita stats can make.

imrs.php
take gun violence by the gangs out of there and the US is one of the safer Countries on the planet....
Ya and just think if we ban firearms all those gangs will just turn in all their weapons and we will be safe. Honest, by the way, did I mention I have a bridge to sell cheap?

Strangely enough - if there are limitations placed on the purchase of guns, those limitations apply to bad guys as well.

You don't have to like safety-based gun laws, but look at the graph and tell me Australia isn't a safer place to live.

imrs.php

I disagree.

It's very convenient to blame blacks for everything, or blame gangs for everything, but the death rates even in states with relatively few of either are not comparable with the numbers in a country like Australia. Also, keep in mind that there are plenty of gangs in France, Germany, and the UK.

The US is NOT a safe country - regardless of which communities one excludes.

As long as you are only brutally raped, beaten, stabbed and shot without being killed and your stuff is taken at will by robbers...everything is okay....

I prefer stopping those sorts of things....but to each his own....

You really don't read well do you, Bill?

More people are shot in the US than almost every other western country combined - and stats on the other crimes are generally quite close.

imrs.php

Strangely enough - if there are limitations placed on the purchase of guns, those limitations apply to bad guys as well.

You don't have to like safety-based gun laws, but look at the graph and tell me Australia isn't a safer place to live.
Parts of Australia are safer to live in than parts of America. I wouldn't want to live in Sydney or New York City.*

*Though NYC already represents the worst of American capitalism and police brutality, in one city.

Last edited:
Hipeter -

Sydney isn't bad at all. There are some suburbs, particularly in the west, that aren't great areas to live in, but in general I think it's a fairly safe city to live in. Most people walk around without worrying. It's not the kind of city where you get off at the wrong train station and find you're in hell, anyway.

If you look at the overall numbers, Australia is by far more violent than the U.S...we have more murders per 100,000 but they have far more of everything else.....they really do have a rape problem....which would be a long way to being solved if they didn't disarm their women...

and if you don't like the way the numbers were computed...take it to extranosalley....

2013 Crime Rates US vs Australia Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Several people came by searching for some variant of “2013 crime rates us vs australia.

Like England, Oz makes searching their crime statistics frustrating in that the data is exquisitely detailed, poorly annotated, and missing key data.

In particular, the overall crime and homicide rate data is “sketchy.” Neither agrees with either media reports, nor with observers on the ground. From observers reports, it appears Oz’ murder rate is at least as high as the United States, and rising. However, the official number is the number I will go with.

That said, data on Australian crime rates are calculated from official data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and estimated population numbers from Wikipedia.

United States data is taken from the FBI Uniform Crime Report for 2013.

And with that, and with the caution that the age discrepancies should be kept in mind; here is the data:

Obviously, by the Australian own numbers, disarmed Oz is a very violent country compared to the heavily armed United States. Yet less than 20 years ago, Australia was much less violent than the United States.

Strict gun laws have driven violent crime rates up – while relaxed laws have driven the American violent crime rates down. Far down.

Demonstrating once again that you can have any violent crime rate you want with appropriate gun laws. The more restrictive, the higher the rates.
Even if your numbers are right(which I will check) In Australia EVERY MINUTE CRIMINAL ACT is reported......New Zealand is the only other country that has such accurate accounting.

For you to say Australia is more Violent than the USA is just inane......to say the least.....your American figures are totally in doubt.....to say a population of 22 odd million who all relatively well off and happy.......are more violent,most that live slightly above the poverty line but the biggest, below...is totally ridiculous

If you look at the overall numbers, Australia is by far more violent than the U.S...we have more murders per 100,000 but they have far more of everything else.....they really do have a rape problem....which would be a long way to being solved if they didn't disarm their women...

and if you don't like the way the numbers were computed...take it to extranosalley....

Several people came by searching for some variant of “2013 crime rates us vs australia.

Like England, Oz makes searching their crime statistics frustrating in that the data is exquisitely detailed, poorly annotated, and missing key data.

In particular, the overall crime and homicide rate data is “sketchy.” Neither agrees with either media reports, nor with observers on the ground. From observers reports, it appears Oz’ murder rate is at least as high as the United States, and rising. However, the official number is the number I will go with.

That said, data on Australian crime rates are calculated from official data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and estimated population numbers from Wikipedia.

And with that, and with the caution that the age discrepancies should be kept in mind; here is the data:

Obviously, by the Australian own numbers, disarmed Oz is a very violent country compared to the heavily armed United States. Yet less than 20 years ago, Australia was much less violent than the United States.

Strict gun laws have driven violent crime rates up – while relaxed laws have driven the American violent crime rates down. Far down.

Demonstrating once again that you can have any violent crime rate you want with appropriate gun laws. The more restrictive, the higher the rates.
yep

yep
Australia has over 75% home ownership,US appox 57%............One if not the highest in the world,a guide that the population are community minded,this is very true for Australia.....Very little slum areas........just google earth to Mullaloo Western Australia where I live and nearly every home is 250+ sq mtre and most have swimming pools....but were have a safe life..steve

Bill -

Can you please change the thread title to something honest?

Thanks.

While there is not an outright ban on guns in Australia, it is far more difficult to legally obtain one as compared to the U.S.
Which means of course, people who are not law abiding can always go the illegal route.

If you want a gun to protect yourself and your family, it's not so easy to obtain one legally.

If you want one to use to rob a store, or use as a means to murder someone, you'll have no reason to follow the law to obtain one since you're a crook to begin with.

While there is not an outright ban on guns in Australia, it is far more difficult to legally obtain one as compared to the U.S.
Which means of course, people who are not law abiding can always go the illegal route.

If you want a gun to protect yourself and your family, it's not so easy to obtain one legally.

If you want one to use to rob a store, or use as a means to murder someone, you'll have no reason to follow the law to obtain one since you're a crook to begin with.
In which country is it easier for a bad guy to obtain a gun? U.S. or Australia?

Forum List

Back