Authoritarianism is beginning

The Frankfurt School Knew Trump Was Coming

This country is ripe for an Authoritarian Regime. The Justice system is under attack. The First Amendment us under attack.

The Comrade is on the verge of making the Justice Department his person defense and making FOX News the official state media.

Welcome to Authoritarianism. Putin wins.

You know your'e dumb when nobama did this for authoritarianism...

president-obama-cuba-visit-human-rights-r.jpg

Last edited:

This country is ripe for an Authoritarian Regime. The Justice system is under attack. The First Amendment us under attack.

The Comrade is on the verge of making the Justice Department his person defense and making FOX News the official state media.

The obummer admin was the one setting us up for an authoritarian dictatorship. Trump derailed those plans.

that's really funny, albeit false.

and that would be President Obama. you know, the guy who got 52% of the vote twice and whose approval rating still kicks Donald's butt.

Yeah? Mugabe got better than that. He was still a dictator though, wasn't he....

Trump supporters love their strong Orange Jesus!

If I asked you what most defines Donald Trump supporters, what would you say? They’re white? They’re poor? They’re uneducated? You’d be wrong. In fact, I’ve found a single statistically significant variable predicts whether a voter supports Trump—and it’s not race, income or education levels: It’s authoritarianism.

My finding is the result of a national poll I conducted in the last five days of December under the auspices of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, sampling 1,800 registered voters across the country and the political spectrum. Running a standard statistical analysis, I found that education, income, gender, age, ideology and religiosity had no significant bearing on a Republican voter’s preferred candidate. Only two of the variables I looked at were statistically significant: authoritarianism, followed by fear of terrorism, though the former was far more significant than the latter.​

The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter
And they respond aggressively to outsiders, especially when they feel threatened. From pledging to “make America great again” by building a wall on the border to promising to close mosques and ban Muslims from visiting the United States, Trump is playing directly to authoritarian inclinations.

From your source^^^
That is a lie, probably a good idea, but a lie nonetheless. Our laws are made to be obeyed. They always have been.

The purpose of this whole activity is to discredit the FBI and in turn discredit Robert Mueller. If Nunes, the Trump hack can do that, all the evidence and indictments and guilty pleads against anyone in the Trump campaign will go away. That is where the House Repubs are going with this.

This was cooked up by the WH attorneys for Trump in order to prevent him from firing Mueller. The effort began after Trump ordered Mueller fired in June. He was so mad that his WH lawyer refused to go along with it, that he had his legal team come up with another idea to get rid of the SC without him firing him. They got the hack Nunes to come up with this "memo" and now he will begin a long term campaign to put doubt in anything that Mueller has come up with.

Although he might get rid of Rosenstein and therefore he can get Mueller. It all might be too late. Mueller may already have enough evidence to indict Trump. Trump is what we thought he was.....a slug.

LOL, it is coming, but it isn't because of Trump. He's just a pawn in the game. You lost most of your freedom the day Bush signed the Patriot Act into law.

I like the Patriot act

I would to if it wasn't abused.

was it abused? you got a citation?

If they don't they will make one up. Donald is making his "alternative facts" a mantra for the Justice Department.

The purpose of this whole activity is to discredit the FBI and in turn discredit Robert Mueller. If Nunes, the Trump hack can do that, all the evidence and indictments and guilty pleads against anyone in the Trump campaign will go away. That is where the House Repubs are going with this.

This was cooked up by the WH attorneys for Trump in order to prevent him from firing Mueller. The effort began after Trump ordered Mueller fired in June. He was so mad that his WH lawyer refused to go along with it, that he had his legal team come up with another idea to get rid of the SC without him firing him. They got the hack Nunes to come up with this "memo" and now he will begin a long term campaign to put doubt in anything that Mueller has come up with.

Although he might get rid of Rosenstein and therefore he can get Mueller. It all might be too late. Mueller may already have enough evidence to indict Trump. Trump is what we thought he was.....a slug.
They have already discredited themselves. Game over.

LOL, it is coming, but it isn't because of Trump. He's just a pawn in the game. You lost most of your freedom the day Bush signed the Patriot Act into law.

I like the Patriot act

If they don't they will make one up. Donald is making his "alternative facts" a mantra for the Justice Department.

So you're for the Patriot act?

I like the Patriot act

Yup

You know your'e dumb when nobama did this for authoritarianism...

president-obama-cuba-visit-human-rights-r.jpg

Standing in front of a mural as opposed to boldly attacking the free media, the justice department, and all political opponents...GET REAL!

He is a White Nationalist who is allowing Germany to replace the US as the world's greatest Democracy. He is attacking and supplanting American Institutions of Democracy. The Regime will take total control soon. Media outlets will be shut down...opponents will be jailed. Anyone objecting to the changes will suffer.
Do you really believe this stuff?
Jim is a dolt... he can’t help it.

Trump supporters love their strong Orange Jesus!

If I asked you what most defines Donald Trump supporters, what would you say? They’re white? They’re poor? They’re uneducated? You’d be wrong. In fact, I’ve found a single statistically significant variable predicts whether a voter supports Trump—and it’s not race, income or education levels: It’s authoritarianism.

My finding is the result of a national poll I conducted in the last five days of December under the auspices of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, sampling 1,800 registered voters across the country and the political spectrum. Running a standard statistical analysis, I found that education, income, gender, age, ideology and religiosity had no significant bearing on a Republican voter’s preferred candidate. Only two of the variables I looked at were statistically significant: authoritarianism, followed by fear of terrorism, though the former was far more significant than the latter.​

The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter
There would be no trump of there was no obama, karma is a bitch. Lol

He is a White Nationalist who is allowing Germany to replace the US as the world's greatest Democracy. He is attacking and supplanting American Institutions of Democracy. The Regime will take total control soon. Media outlets will be shut down...opponents will be jailed. Anyone objecting to the changes will suffer.
Do you really believe this stuff?
Jim is a dolt... he can’t help it.
When it comes to politics, I never know what to believe. Maybe this is a serious post.

We've been seeing authoritarianism since the Regressives took over the Democratic Party.

Illiberal Leftist Authoritarianism.

Trump can be voted out. What the Regressives are doing has infected our entire culture.

Yes, Poor Mac might actually get called on his dirty jokes in the office!

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooommmmm

Hey, guy, we ran the candidate you wanted and she lost.

I like the Patriot act

Yup
Regressives like Jimbo love authoritarianism, but only if done by a D.

W passed it...Jimbo hated it.

BO hardened it...Jimbo loved it.

Regressives...ugh!

We've been seeing authoritarianism since the Regressives took over the Democratic Party.

Illiberal Leftist Authoritarianism.

Trump can be voted out. What the Regressives are doing has infected our entire culture.
Yes...thanks to the left, our culture has declined. Before the Left got control of so many of our institutions, we had a culture that refrained from divorce, children out of wedlock, crime, drugs, and valued education. Merely claiming the America of the 40s-60s was a great place, gets you branded a racist, sexist, and homophobic.

This article spells it out rather well...and the authors have been ruthlessly attacked by the Left, since it was published last summer.

Paying the price for breakdown of the country's bourgeois culture
That culture laid out the script we all were supposed to follow: Get married before you have children and strive to stay married for their sake. Get the education you need for gainful employment, work hard, and avoid idleness. Go the extra mile for your employer or client. Be a patriot, ready to serve the country. Be neighborly, civic-minded, and charitable. Avoid coarse language in public. Be respectful of authority. Eschew substance abuse and crime.

These basic cultural precepts reigned from the late 1940s to the mid-1960s. They could be followed by people of all backgrounds and abilities, especially when backed up by almost universal endorsement. Adherence was a major contributor to the productivity, educational gains, and social coherence of that period.

Was everything perfect during the period of bourgeois cultural hegemony? Of course not. There was racial discrimination, limited sex roles, and pockets of anti-Semitism. However, steady improvements for women and minorities were underway even when bourgeois norms reigned. Banishing discrimination and expanding opportunity does not require the demise of bourgeois culture. Quite the opposite: The loss of bourgeois habits seriously impeded the progress of disadvantaged groups. That trend also accelerated the destructive consequences of the growing welfare state, which, by taking over financial support of families, reduced the need for two parents. A strong pro-marriage norm might have blunted this effect. Instead, the number of single parents grew astronomically, producing children more prone to academic failure, addiction, idleness, crime, and poverty.

This cultural script began to break down in the late 1960s. A combination of factors — prosperity, the Pill, the expansion of higher education, and the doubts surrounding the Vietnam War — encouraged an antiauthoritarian, adolescent, wish-fulfillment ideal — sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll — that was unworthy of, and unworkable for, a mature, prosperous adult society. This era saw the beginnings of an identity politics that inverted the color-blind aspirations of civil rights leaders like the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. into an obsession with race, ethnicity, gender, and now sexual preference.
Paying the price for breakdown of the country's bourgeois culture

Yes...thanks to the left, our culture has declined. Before the Left got control of so many of our institutions, we had a culture that refrained from divorce, children out of wedlock, crime, drugs, and valued education. Merely claiming the America of the 40s-60s was a great place, gets you branded a racist, sexist, and homophobic.

Yes, people should totally stay in unhappy marriages because divorce wasn't invented until the 1970's.

Hans_Holbein%2C_the_Younger%2C_Around_1497-1543_-_Portrait_of_Henry_VIII_of_England_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Forget the Alimony! I've got a better idea!

hat culture laid out the script we all were supposed to follow: Get married before you have children and strive to stay married for their sake. Get the education you need for gainful employment, work hard, and avoid idleness. Go the extra mile for your employer or client. Be a patriot, ready to serve the country. Be neighborly, civic-minded, and charitable. Avoid coarse language in public. Be respectful of authority. Eschew substance abuse and crime.

Okay, but you left out some parts of that script. The parts where the rich paid their fair share in taxes and the middle class brought home a fair wage because they belonged to a union. Those were a little more important than 'not cussing"

You bemoan the loss of community, but ignore the reason why a lot of us don't know our neighbors is that we are all too busy working two jobs to make ends meet.

This cultural script began to break down in the late 1960s. A combination of factors — prosperity, the Pill, the expansion of higher education, and the doubts surrounding the Vietnam War — encouraged an antiauthoritarian, adolescent, wish-fulfillment ideal — sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll — that was unworthy of, and unworkable for, a mature, prosperous adult society. This era saw the beginnings of an identity politics that inverted the color-blind aspirations of civil rights leaders like the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. into an obsession with race, ethnicity, gender, and now sexual preference.

Again, the real problem was the convervatives contribution to this decline. You seem to want to forget that since 1968, republicans controlled the WH for 29 of those 50 years.

Republicans busted up the unions that made it possible for Dad to bring home a living wage so mom could stay with the kids.

Republicans were the ones who started "identity politics" by convincing white people that they were under attack from Nixon's Southern Strategy to Reagan's Welfare Queens to Bush's Willie Horton ads.

The part where we cut out a lot of the infrastructure and education spending to make sure the rich got their tax cuts.

Your president has been under attack from day one by what has become the American version of the KGB.

He is a White Nationalist who is allowing Germany to replace the US as the world's greatest Democracy.

He is attacking and supplanting American Institutions of Democracy. The Regime will take total control soon. Media outlets will be shut down...opponents will be jailed. Anyone objecting to the changes will suffer.

Germany doesn't even have freedom of speech, you dumbass bootlicking moron.

The obummer admin was the one setting us up for an authoritarian dictatorship. Trump derailed those plans.

The snowflakes are all crying because they got caught.

The snowflakes are all crying because they got caught.

You and Putin elected a Dictator....

Forum List

Back