Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United

Lamar will be tough to unseat. He is a fixture in TN. He has one of the best resumes of anyone in gov't: governor,senator, cabinet member. And he's mostly conservative.
But he is sort of Rino-ish and in the current environment that doesnt play well. I'ev been supporting Sen Stacy Campfield but I'll likely support whomever he likes.
And yeah, anyone who thinks a Democrat will pick up that seat has his head up his ass.

Al Gore didn't carry the State for crying out loud.

If he had, he'd have been President. I never get tired of pointing that out.

More people voted for Gore than Bush. And I never get tired of pointing THAT out.

How many just said Fuck It and stayed home?

The TN TPM must concentrate on somebody unlike Christine, or Sharron, or any of a half dozen candidates who cost the GOP the control of the US Senate. If the TPM in TN selects a loon for a candidate, then the Dems will be delighted.

So sayeth Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement.

There are no credible Dem candidates. The race will be decided in the primary

Because you say so? :lol: Tennessee rocks with laughter. A TPM candidate will ensure whatever Dem candidate emerges becomes a viable candidate.

I'd rather see a Tea Party Candidate than two Statist Progressives running. :):):)

I know you do not like statism, but the type of small government you envision I believe is untenable in the modern global economy of the 21st century. And I believe the great majority of Americans in both parties as well as independents believe that as well.

I know you do not like statism, but the type of small government you envision I believe is untenable in the modern global economy of the 21st century. And I believe the great majority of Americans in both parties as well as independents believe that as well.

What economy?

-Geaux

Democrats never run nutcases. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Bob Filner area all republicans.

Unsurprisingly, you don’t understand.

GOP candidates are nutcases predicated on the idiotic and bizarre policies they advocate, such as Second Amendment solutions, legitimate rape, and pregnancy from rape being ‘god’s will.’

The democratic politicians you note have issues with regard to their personal lives, having nothing to do with the public policies they advocate, which, unlike TPM candidates, are rational examples of good governance.

You may disagree with the policies democratic politicians support, but that’s solely for partisan reasons, not because their policy positions are irresponsible insanity.

The TEA Party has the RINOs in their crosshairs:

Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United | Pith in the Wind

The tea party settled one question this afternoon at a meeting to audition candidates to challenge Sen. Lamar Alexander in next year’s GOP primary. Both Joe Carr and Kevin Kookogey promised they'll drop out of the picture if tea partiers are rallying behind the other guy.

Carr, a three-term state representative from Murfreesboro, took the pledge in his opening statement to the crowd of roughly 300 at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. It was the first of five meetings to vet potential challengers to Alexander and to conduct secret straw polls. At the end of September, tea partiers will add up the votes and decide which candidate to back. Carr said if it’s not him, he’s out.

We’re all here for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to beat Lamar Alexander for the United States Senate. Before I go any further, I’m going to tell you that this process is so important that we’ve got to unite around one candidate. However this process works out, I pledge to you that I will support that candidate because it’s that important. We as principled constitutional conservatives can no longer allow ourselves to be divided. We need one candidate who can run against Lamar who can win this election and carry the banner of constitutional conservatism to the United States Senate.​

It is this simple. The tea party is hurting the right.

PLEASE CONTINUE. :eusa_whistle:

the GOP mainstream as a matter of fact is using its national power and money to isolate the reactionary extremists and defeat them in the primaries.

Thank you, Matthew: TPM primary win too often ends in Dem victory.

The far right have cost us the Senate we should have had fully in control by no later than 2010. And here it is 2013.

And they have led to losses in the GOP side of the House.

The far right have cost us the Senate we should have had fully in control by no later than 2010. And here it is 2013.

Like all other progressives, Jake ignores the 2010 shellacking

Like all other right wing morons, Frank ignores the 2012 across the board shellacking, especially to the teabaggers.

We’re all here for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to beat Lamar Alexander for the United States Senate. Before I go any further, I’m going to tell you that this process is so important that we’ve got to unite around one candidate. However this process works out, I pledge to you that I will support that candidate because it’s that important. We as principled constitutional conservatives can no longer allow ourselves to be divided. We need one candidate who can run against Lamar who can win this election and carry the banner of constitutional conservatism to the United States Senate.

There is no such thing as a ‘constitutional conservative,’ there is only the Constitution and its case law, where the Constitution exists only in the context of that case law.

It’s this sort of ignorance and naïveté that render TPM candidates unfit to serve in elected office, particularly at the National level.

Like all other right wing morons, Frank ignores the 2012 across the board shellacking, especially to the teabaggers.

Apparently, that wasn't a shellacking. The House and Senate remained the same as they were in 2010, when there was an actual "across the board shellacking" of incumbents and Democrats alike, for which you seem to ignore.

Why can't you stay on OP. Coming from the mainstream GOP who has flatly told you no more Perry, Cain, Ryan, Palin, Bachmann, Trump, and other such stupidities.

You will toe the line with the mainstream GOP in TN, or you will be set on the road with your knapsack.

More idiotic drivel.

-Geaux

Forum List

Back