Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United

I am full agreement that the liberalism of the far right and the reactionaries of the far right are mentally ill.

That is why the GOP is moving solidly into the mainstream and reaching out honestly to women, Hispanics, gays, and other minorities. The old days of hatred from the far right are no longer negotiable in the party.

The TN TPM has to move to the mainstream GOP because the other will not accept the TPM if it does not.

The GOP is no more. The party is comprised of folks like yourself who have made it irrelevant. You are being left behind by the better good.

-Geaux

Thank you, Matthew: TPM primary win too often ends in Dem victory.

The far right have cost us the Senate we should have had fully in control by no later than 2010. And here it is 2013.

And they have led to losses in the GOP side of the House.
That’s correct, the right (definitely not ‘far right’) did cost you and those like you the senate mostly because you don’t deserve the senate. You keep pounding that asinine drum because those like you seem to think that they are ENTITLED to the vote of conservatives even though your candidates don’t represent conservatives in any way shape or form. It was not the tea party that took the senate away from the corrupt and maligned GOP; the canidates that were put up did that themselves. Those like you whining like it is the tea parties fault highlights the pathetic attempt of those politicians to garner votes from those that they do not represent.

What is happening is that the candidates no longer represent those people and they will no longer vote for them, period. It is not them who need to change, that is asinine. The politicians need to adapt to represent the entire constituency (or at least a plurality of it) or they will simply fail to win elections. Simple as that. You can continue to blame the voters that reject politicians that do not deserve their vote until your entire position is irrelevant but that is not going to save you or the old and corrupt GOP. Geaux is right, your days are numbered and they are running out fast.

There is no reason for a conservative to vote for the GOP candidates anymore. this is so apparent that they are running anywhere to get away from them. More and more, people are realizing that a dem is actually preferable to a republican that acts like a dem. At least the former allows for internal reform rather than the same old shit that we get when we elect the latter.

Hush...don't let them know.

That only works IF the so called tea party candidate is a nutcase. The blanket assertion that is the case is absolutely inane and sad.

It is what they do. The Tea Party candidates have won most of their elections. It is the person not the endorsement that wins. These liberals are just not very happy people and tearing down others seem to be their political methodology. Think about it, what is the worse thing Tea Parties ask for, government accountability and the liberals have a problem with that view. But Obama taking a recession which should have had a strong recovery and making it the weakest and longest in history doesn't phase them one bit. The ME being in flames doesn't bother them. The worker participation rate doesn't bother them. They are more scared of little old ladies with tea bags hanging on their hats. Laughable if it were not so sad.

So don't listen to their made up BS stories it is what they do and they will repeat a lie until I think they believe it to be true.

Very true. No one ever talks about a tea party candidate that makes it. That does not fit the narrative of hate and oppression that both parties seem to want to use against new movements. The left to demonize their opponent and the right to… demonize their opponent.

The funny part is that the GOP does not seem able to understand that these voters are breaking away because they are no longer represented in the GOP’s agenda. They are not going to get them back either. That ship has sailed until they begin to bother actually representing their interests. More entitlement. That is the only way to phrase it (and thanks to the poster that pointed that out to me). The GOP feels entitled to the vote of the right without working ofr it. Now they are in shell shock about what to do since they are loosing it.

The TEA Party has the RINOs in their crosshairs:

Bad News for Lamar: Tea Partiers Vow to Stand United | Pith in the Wind

The tea party settled one question this afternoon at a meeting to audition candidates to challenge Sen. Lamar Alexander in next year’s GOP primary. Both Joe Carr and Kevin Kookogey promised they'll drop out of the picture if tea partiers are rallying behind the other guy.

Carr, a three-term state representative from Murfreesboro, took the pledge in his opening statement to the crowd of roughly 300 at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. It was the first of five meetings to vet potential challengers to Alexander and to conduct secret straw polls. At the end of September, tea partiers will add up the votes and decide which candidate to back. Carr said if it’s not him, he’s out.

We’re all here for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to beat Lamar Alexander for the United States Senate. Before I go any further, I’m going to tell you that this process is so important that we’ve got to unite around one candidate. However this process works out, I pledge to you that I will support that candidate because it’s that important. We as principled constitutional conservatives can no longer allow ourselves to be divided. We need one candidate who can run against Lamar who can win this election and carry the banner of constitutional conservatism to the United States Senate.​

It is this simple. The tea party is hurting the right.

PLEASE CONTINUE. :eusa_whistle:

They will and they certainly don’t need the left to encourage it. They are going to try and reform the party to something that they can support. That is going to be a serious danger to the left if they can succeed.

That only works IF the so called tea party candidate is a nutcase. The blanket assertion that is the case is absolutely inane and sad.

It is what they do. The Tea Party candidates have won most of their elections. It is the person not the endorsement that wins. These liberals are just not very happy people and tearing down others seem to be their political methodology. Think about it, what is the worse thing Tea Parties ask for, government accountability and the liberals have a problem with that view. But Obama taking a recession which should have had a strong recovery and making it the weakest and longest in history doesn't phase them one bit. The ME being in flames doesn't bother them. The worker participation rate doesn't bother them. They are more scared of little old ladies with tea bags hanging on their hats. Laughable if it were not so sad.

So don't listen to their made up BS stories it is what they do and they will repeat a lie until I think they believe it to be true.

Very true. No one ever talks about a tea party candidate that makes it. That does not fit the narrative of hate and oppression that both parties seem to want to use against new movements. The left to demonize their opponent and the right to… demonize their opponent.

The funny part is that the GOP does not seem able to understand that these voters are breaking away because they are no longer represented in the GOP’s agenda. They are not going to get them back either. That ship has sailed until they begin to bother actually representing their interests. More entitlement. That is the only way to phrase it (and thanks to the poster that pointed that out to me). The GOP feels entitled to the vote of the right without working ofr it. Now they are in shell shock about what to do since they are loosing it.

You must also consider that Romney was right about the 43 or so percent that won't vote against a democrat no matter what. That leaves very little room for error for Republicans. Republicans may take conservatives for granted mostly because where else are we to go? The Tea Party really isn't a party and being an independent really only means there usually isn't anyone to vote for in the primary. On the other hand the Democrat have the 43 percent regardless of what the Democrats have done to them. They have them because they lie about Republicans and Republicans don't seem to know how to get across the truth about the lies. Republicans need to realize that those 43 percent are going to be hard to win over if not impossible considering the MSM. They need to go after the 47 percent and need to do a better job. Considering the state of the Union under democrat rule since 2006 it should not be hard.

FA_Q2 talks dumb stuff.

If we had run GOP mainstream candidates we would have the Senate, and we would have the Senate back, and we would have larger leads in the House.

Any other conclusion does not fit the facts.

FA, it is what it is, not what you hope.

FA_Q2 talks dumb stuff.

If we had run GOP mainstream candidates we would have the Senate, and we would have the Senate back, and we would have larger leads in the House.

Jake the Fake parrots the reactionary Progressive lies

Amazing they're still lying about things so obvious but its in their DNA

We ran a Soros backed Moderate in 2008 and lost

Tea Party ran better candidates and shellacked the Obama/ Starkey Axis of Evil

We ran a New England Moderate in 2012 and lost an election we should have won like Reagan in 84

CrusaderFrank parrots the reactionary far right lines.

We ran the best candidates we had in 2008 and 2012.

The TPM threw away the victory of 2010, and in that year and 2012 gave the Senate to the Dems for good.

The mainstream GOP will not let the TPM or reactionary right jeopardize 2014 and 2016, so the far right will be denied money and their candidates will be primaried out.

CrusaderFrank is merely a reactionary image of Huggy.

FA_Q2 talks dumb stuff.

Actually, if you want more collusion between the parties, I suppose we could keep running mainstream GOP candidates. Or we could stand up and win the argument instead of enabling the status quo for so many years. Remember, Hope is what has Liberals in a colossal quandary right now, the man who promised it to them, the man they elected to end war, is now on the verge of starting one.

I don't care for the mainstream like I used to, since like an actual river, it flows on the same course, aeon upon aeon, never changing never forgiving, never relenting. People like myself are people who want to divert the flow, make the river rush less recklessly, down a safer path.

Last edited:
FA_Q2 talks dumb stuff.

Except that they DON’T have the senate so it is clearly YOU that cant face the facts. AGAIN, the tea party and libertarians out there that you rail against because they do not fit in your ‘mainstream’ agenda don’t give a shit if the GOP could have had the senate. You completely missed the point that I handed you in the last post and then claim I say dumb stuff. I am not surprised as you have never shown the intelligence to grasp the simple concept but I will reiterate it again.

If the GOP won the senate the tea party people WOULD STILL HAVE LOST. They would have sold their vote to a party that DOES NOT REPRESENT THEM. Why then would they care if the GOP ‘won’ anything? They lose either way. You want them to continue electing the absolute trash that you attempt to fprce down their throats. That is over. Just because you continually cry about what ‘could’ have happened if everyone would just trash their values and vote for the guy that you want does not make it so.

Jake, that is what you hope, not me. I am actually dealing in reality here where your candidates are LOSING because they cannot garner the votes from the people that they are supposed to be representing. That is a fact and is reflected in the losses in the national government.

You must also consider that Romney was right about the 43 or so percent that won't vote against a democrat no matter what. That leaves very little room for error for Republicans. Republicans may take conservatives for granted mostly because where else are we to go? The Tea Party really isn't a party and being an independent really only means there usually isn't anyone to vote for in the primary. On the other hand the Democrat have the 43 percent regardless of what the Democrats have done to them. They have them because they lie about Republicans and Republicans don't seem to know how to get across the truth about the lies. Republicans need to realize that those 43 percent are going to be hard to win over if not impossible considering the MSM. They need to go after the 47 percent and need to do a better job. Considering the state of the Union under democrat rule since 2006 it should not be hard.

43 percent is too high. That number also includes people that are on SS and military – 2 pretty conservative groups. I think the right has a LOT of room here but the problem is that there are 2 very opposed groups within the right – the social big government and the small government types. They are at odds. I cannot side with the social conservatives whose largest issues center around gay marriage and abortion. Brining those two groups together seems an impossible task and should the right succeed, they will have comfortable leads all over the place.

Jake the fake idea of a moderate Republican obviously is a democrat considering I have yet to read Jake the fake post one remark against Democrats.

Jake the fake idea of a moderate Republican obviously is a democrat considering I have yet to read Jake the fake post one remark against Democrats.

I agree- Plus he runs to the mods every chance he get's after getting smoked in debate. Which seems to be quite common. :lol:

-Geaux

CrusaderFrank parrots the reactionary far right lines.

We ran the best candidates we had in 2008 and 2012.

The TPM threw away the victory of 2010, and in that year and 2012 gave the Senate to the Dems for good.

The mainstream GOP will not let the TPM or reactionary right jeopardize 2014 and 2016, so the far right will be denied money and their candidates will be primaried out.

CrusaderFrank is merely a reactionary image of Huggy.

Jake the Rodeo Clown Reactionary parroting the Progressive Talking Points

I agree- Plus he runs to the mods every chance he get's after getting smoked in debate. Which seems to be quite common. :lol:

-Geaux

It's because he;s "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement". Every post is a magisterial proclamation not based on anything but his own gut. Of course they fall apart when examined against actual evidence.

I agree- Plus he runs to the mods every chance he get's after getting smoked in debate. Which seems to be quite common. :lol: -Geaux

You got a pass, young Geaux. Follow the rules instead of running your mouth.

We in the mainstream GOP will not allow the far right reactionaries dictate party politics any longer.

That's over.

Stay on track on the OP.

I have criticized the other side quite a bit, but I am far more concerned with your folks to the far right that corrupt the GOP.

Those days are almost over.

Jake is funny. He thinks he's convincing.

obama-rodeo-clown-mask-600.jpg

I agree- Plus he runs to the mods every chance he get's after getting smoked in debate. Which seems to be quite common. :lol: -Geaux

You got a pass, young Geaux. Follow the rules instead of running your mouth.

We in the mainstream GOP will not allow the far right reactionaries dictate party politics any longer.

That's over.

And so is the GOP, way to geaux.... :eusa_boohoo:

-Geaux

Forum List

Back