Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!

Now we have the Washington Post story that Freddie Gray (according to a prisoner in the van with Gray) “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” Interesting. Very interesting. Looks like another rush to judgement against police, without investigation or having all the facts. What will police be blamed for next ? Global warming ?

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself document says - The Washington Post

First you don't want to discuss the specifics of the case because the investigation is not finished. One jailbird talks to the press, and suddenly we should discuss the case?

I'm sure the prisoner broke his own back. Yeah, that is a good answer.
Now we have the Washington Post story that Freddie Gray (according to a prisoner in the van with Gray) “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” Interesting. Very interesting. Looks like another rush to judgement against police, without investigation or having all the facts. What will police be blamed for next ? Global warming ?

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself document says - The Washington Post

First you don't want to discuss the specifics of the case because the investigation is not finished. One jailbird talks to the press, and suddenly we should discuss the case?

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. What are you referring to (Post #) ?

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images

I agree and store owners should have been armed and in their stores defending their property.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images

I agree and store owners should have been armed and in their stores defending their property.

That works for me. However, Maryland isn't an easy place to get a gun.

I know and I'm sure many people in Maryland also own guns. Any store owner with a modicum of brains should have a gun in their store or on their person.

Hell I still remember the LA riots and those Koreans on the roofs of their businesses shooting anyone who came near.

They protected what was theirs and so should have all those store owners in Baltimore.

Kill a few of the assholes and the rest will decide they should be somewhere else. Definetly not at your store.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
A suspect can reach into his pocket and you don't want a cop to react? It's obvious you want cops killed.

Over $5.7 million has been paid out by Baltimore since 2011 in over 100 police brutality lawsuits. Victims of severe police brutality were mostly people of color and included a pregnant woman, a 65 year old church deacon, children, and an 87 year old grandmother.

Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun
Visualize this steroid swollen Gorilla goon
pounding away at an 87 year old Black grandmother

images
You do realize that is a very small number compared to other cities... As for pot busts....ask the black police chief why he is so racist
its the system not the police chief's color.....Think
. Spend their time patrolling the crimeless suburbs and not the crime ridden urban ghetto? That's the "system" needing change? Libs have shit for brains!

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
A suspect can reach into his pocket and you don't want a cop to react? It's obvious you want cops killed.
Really ???? ..... Pleeeease !!!!! ............ have another cup of coffee and wake up ........... It always amazes me how people can read something, twist it around to mean something entirely different from original intent, and pose it as a question. ... What's obvious, is the fact that your reading comprehension needs honing a little, if not a lot.

Post #114 “PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.”

Post #131 “Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ? I know of no such evidence, and investigations are still underway.”

Post #155 “Sure they are conjecture, because without any evidence (as you don't have) there is nothing else able to be done at this point, while investigations are still underway. But at least I am not jumping to reckless conclusions, based on nothing, like you're doing.”

Yeah, the Kent State events were certainly well managed.

And the police action and National Guard actions were so effective in the Watts riots, weren't they?

Once it devolves to rioting, attacking the rioters is just going to escalate the problems.

In both of those cases, the riots, looting, burning, (and the beating of random motorists through the area in the case of Watts) had begun BEFORE the police were called in. Are you really trying to argue that if the police and national guard had NOT gone in the rioting, looting, burning, and random beating of innocents wouldn't have happened "as much" or something?

What is the purpose of the police force if I might ask?

I made no such claim. But the riots lasted 6 days. Police were there the whole time, and the national guard were there most of it.

I am making no claims that it would have been less if the cops had not been there. But sending in force and "kicking ass" has obviously not worked in large riots in the past. To think that is the only answer is to ignore history and the facts.
YOU are who is ignoring history and the facts, probably because you weren't at these riots, and know little about them.

I know enough not to claim that the looting and burning in Watts happened before the cops and national guard were called in.

I know enough not to claim there was no looting or burning in the Harlem or Chicago riots.
Are you talking about the '68 riots after MLK was assassinated? There was certainly looting and arson in Chicago, it pretty much destroyed the West Side of the city.

Post #114 “PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.”

Post #131 “Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ? I know of no such evidence, and investigations are still underway.”

Post #155 “Sure they are conjecture, because without any evidence (as you don't have) there is nothing else able to be done at this point, while investigations are still underway. But at least I am not jumping to reckless conclusions, based on nothing, like you're doing.”
Yeah. So what about these posts ? What's your point ? You can talk about something without making final conclusions (street protesting) about it. We don't have a gag order.

Last edited:

And the police action and National Guard actions were so effective in the Watts riots, weren't they?

Once it devolves to rioting, attacking the rioters is just going to escalate the problems.

In both of those cases, the riots, looting, burning, (and the beating of random motorists through the area in the case of Watts) had begun BEFORE the police were called in. Are you really trying to argue that if the police and national guard had NOT gone in the rioting, looting, burning, and random beating of innocents wouldn't have happened "as much" or something?

I made no such claim. But the riots lasted 6 days. Police were there the whole time, and the national guard were there most of it.

I am making no claims that it would have been less if the cops had not been there. But sending in force and "kicking ass" has obviously not worked in large riots in the past. To think that is the only answer is to ignore history and the facts.
YOU are who is ignoring history and the facts, probably because you weren't at these riots, and know little about them.

I know enough not to claim that the looting and burning in Watts happened before the cops and national guard were called in.

I know enough not to claim there was no looting or burning in the Harlem or Chicago riots.
I said there was looting and burning in these riots before the police and Guard got involved, and restored order. You and I are not disagreeing here, but you seem to make it seem like we are, simply because you are a troll who just wants to argue. Go away, pest. And I don't want to hear any more of your crap about what I said. If you have point to make about the TOPIC (proper level of force in current/future riots), state it. Otherwise, get lost.

Are you talking about the '68 riots after MLK was assassinated? There was certainly looting and arson in Chicago, it pretty much destroyed the West Side of the city.
That was before LEOs restored order. And the 1968 Chicago riots I was refrerring to, was pertaining to the Democratic National Convention.

I think it's a good the thing the cops held back. Any white cops would have been putting their careers at risk if they had moved a muscle.

Hey, a few buildings burn, fuck it. Stay out of the way or the PC Police will be all over you.

Good move.

NO. Not a good move. A STUPID move. An innocent woman was burned over 90% of her body, in her own home. She is in critical condition, last I heard. You want to go to her hospital bed right now, and tell her it was a "good move" for the cops to stand down as they did ? (if she's still alive). The PCers can go F themselves. The people of Baltimore are who should be cared for, not some PC loons.

I said there was looting and burning in these riots before the police and Guard got involved, and restored order. You and I are not disagreeing here, but you seem to make it seem like we are, simply because you are a troll who just wants to argue. Go away, pest. And I don't want to hear any more of your crap about what I said. If you have point to make about the TOPIC (proper level of force in current/future riots), state it. Otherwise, get lost.

No, you said there was no looting and burning. Then changed your story when it was pointed out that there WAS, in fact, looting and burning.

And the involvement of the cops and national guard did not stop the looting and burning for several days.

No. Sorry. I respond as I see fit and according to the posts made. You can start a thread. But you cannot control all of the comments made within it.

I think it's a good the thing the cops held back. Any white cops would have been putting their careers at risk if they had moved a muscle.

Hey, a few buildings burn, fuck it. Stay out of the way or the PC Police will be all over you.

Good move.

NO. Not a good move. A STUPID move. An innocent woman was burned over 90% of her body, in her own home. She is in critical condition, last I heard. You want to go to her hospital bed right now, and tell her it was a "good move" for the cops to stand down as they did ? (if she's still alive). The PCers can go F themselves. The people of Baltimore are who should be cared for, not some PC loons.
I hadn't seen that in the news. Do you have a link?

That was before LEOs restored order. And the 1968 Chicago riots I was refrerring to, was pertaining to the Democratic National Convention.
Got it. The '68 convention "riots" weren't really riots, it was the cops beating on people.

Got it. The '68 convention "riots" weren't really riots, it was the cops beating on people.

Dan Rather reported that he was assaulted inside the Democratic Convention. Mike Wallace said he was roughed up as well.

The riots for that debacle were started by the police. One detail that shows how heavy handed the police were is that they used so much tear gas on the protesters that it bothered Hubert Humphries in his shower in the Hilton Hotel.

Here is an excerpt from a report by Daniel Walker, director of the Chicago Study Team, to the National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence. (Dan Walker would later serve as Gov. of Illinois)

Rights in Conflict Chicago 1968 Democratic National Convention Summary
"That violence was made all the more shocking by the fact that it was often inflicted upon persons who had broken no law, disobeyed no order, made no threat. These included peaceful demonstrators, onlookers, and large numbers of residents who were simply passing through, or happened to live in, the areas where confrontations were occurring.

Newsmen and photographers were singled out for assault, and their equipment deliberately damaged. Fundamental police training was ignored; and officers, when on the scene, were often unable to control their men. As on police officer put it: "What happened didn't have anything to do with police work.""

Is this what has been suggested be used in Baltimore?

police riot - History of the Federal Judiciary

Walker Report summary
On September 4, 1968, Milton Eisenhower, chair of the National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence, announced that the commission would investigate the violence at the Chicago convention and report its findings to President Lyndon Johnson. A Chicago lawyer, Daniel Walker, headed the team of over 200 members, who interviewed more than 1,400 witnesses to the events and studied FBI reports and film of the confrontations. The report released on December 1, 1968, characterized the convention violence as a “police riot” and recommended prosecution of police who used indiscriminate violence.

Forum List

Back