Baltimore Is A Democrat Mess They're Trying To Blame On The Cops

I curious, why do you keep saying "resisted arrest" when the cops say the opposite?

Are you just making up excuses?

And the OP classically is confusing one argument with another. Blame the cops? Yeah, for killing that guy, harrassing blacks, propping up the city budget on the backs of the poor, illegal arrests etc.

No one is blaming the cops for the lack of jobs and shit. Thats stupid
Where's the link that supports your Bullshit argument that cops are saying otherwise?

The account is provided in charging documents filed in District Court, where officer Garrett Miller wrote that Gray was stopped because he "fled unprovoked upon noticing police presence." When Gray, 25, was stopped, they found a knife clipped to the inside of his front pants pocket and placed him under arrest.

"The defendant was arrested without force or incident," Miller wrote. "During transport to Western District via wagon transport the defendant suffered a medical emergency and was immediately transported to Shock Trauma via medic."

Freddie Gray repeatedly asked for medical care police said at Monday conference - Baltimore Sun

now who do you believe and why?

Explain to me why they had to drag his ass to the van.

First, why do you keep saying he resisted arrest when its not true?

When somebody runs, if they had to tackle him to keep him from evading or the fact he was being drug rather than walked to the police van meant he didn't go willingly.

Well, take it up with the cops because they disagree with you. Sorry, not sorry

Is that what you call a white riot? A Celebration?

Thats clever
It's not a white riot. It's a sports celebration by a bunch of entitled college fucks. The idiots next door to me at the U of MD set the trend.

Thats cute...and part of the problem.

Doesnt that indicate a lack of good parenting? Culture of violence? Or does all those assumptions go out the window when you change the skin color of the rioter?
No, the dynamic is completely different. One is anomalous while the other is the standard.

Thats what I'm saying white people riot all the dam time...sorry I meant...White people celebrate by destroying property and attacking police all the time yet no questions about upbringing? Single moms? Lack of respect? Destroying your own community?
Where do you see white people rioting in the name of white people 'all the time'?

Wait, is it only a riot when its "in the name of white people"?

Because Webster would really need to be updated if so. But if we are going with the definition of today (before you inform the world they are wrong) its a riot and white people riot all the time.

It's not a white riot. It's a sports celebration by a bunch of entitled college fucks. The idiots next door to me at the U of MD set the trend.

Doesnt that indicate a lack of good parenting? Culture of violence? Or does all those assumptions go out the window when you change the skin color of the rioter?
No, the dynamic is completely different. One is anomalous while the other is the standard.

Thats what I'm saying white people riot all the dam time...sorry I meant...White people celebrate by destroying property and attacking police all the time yet no questions about upbringing? Single moms? Lack of respect? Destroying your own community?
Where do you see white people rioting in the name of white people 'all the time'?

Because Webster would really need to be updated if so. But if we are going with the definition of today (before you inform the world they are wrong) its a riot and white people riot all the time.
If you are staying within the race impetus that is the context of the Baltimore riots then rioting in the name of whiteness is necessary for the discussion.

If you are staying within the race impetus that is the context of the Baltimore riots then rioting in the name of whiteness is necessary for the discussion.

Is it?

Sez who?

Is it?

Sez who?

His justification of course. When it's white people riots become "celebrations" except when they riot when they lose a game then...IDK...does he have a fancy euphemism for that?

"Blowing off steam" maybe lol

When whites burn cars I bet he'll say they are just changing the functionality and updating it's look. Destroying?? No way!

That is not racism. Cops do that to everyone no matter what color they are when the resist arrest.
That will be clarified at the trial.
What is evidence of cops wrong doing, is they ignored his request for medical help 2 times.

I curious, why do you keep saying "resisted arrest" when the cops say the opposite?

Are you just making up excuses?

And the OP classically is confusing one argument with another. Blame the cops? Yeah, for killing that guy, harrassing blacks, propping up the city budget on the backs of the poor, illegal arrests etc.

No one is blaming the cops for the lack of jobs and shit. Thats stupid
Where's the link that supports your Bullshit argument that cops are saying otherwise?

The account is provided in charging documents filed in District Court, where officer Garrett Miller wrote that Gray was stopped because he "fled unprovoked upon noticing police presence." When Gray, 25, was stopped, they found a knife clipped to the inside of his front pants pocket and placed him under arrest.

"The defendant was arrested without force or incident," Miller wrote. "During transport to Western District via wagon transport the defendant suffered a medical emergency and was immediately transported to Shock Trauma via medic."

Freddie Gray repeatedly asked for medical care police said at Monday conference - Baltimore Sun

First, why do you keep saying he resisted arrest when its not true?

Dude, when you run from the Police it's the epitome of "resisting arrest".

It's rather clear that education IS better when Charter Schools and private school vouchers are allowed and yet at the behest of the teacher's unions, Democratic politicians vote against those things. Why?

Appeal to Common Sense fallacy. "It seems right to me, therefore it is".

:eusa_hand:

So now you're claiming that Charter schools aren't superior to the average Public School? You live in a little liberal fantasy world...don't you, Pogo? If somethings "inconvenient" to what you believe...you simply declare that it's a "fallacy" or a "straw man" and refuse to address it.

Again...would you like to explain why liberal Democrats vote against Charter Schools and school vouchers?

Is it?

Sez who?
I'm explaining the logic of the discussion.

Is it?

Sez who?

His justification of course. When it's white people riots become "celebrations" except when they riot when they lose a game then...IDK...does he have a fancy euphemism for that?

"Blowing off steam" maybe lol
What part did you not understand about race being the impetus of the riot as opposed to an ancillary element of the riot?

Baltimore-Riots-3.png.cf.jpg

The mess in Baltimore is top to bottom a Democrat invention they're trying to pawn off on the police.

Riot-Plagued Baltimore Is a Catastrophe Entirely of the Democratic Party s Own Making National Review Online

"Democrats rule urban cesspools and have for decades.

No Republican, and certainly no conservative, has left so much as a thumbprint on the public institutions of Baltimore in a generation. Baltimore’s police department is, like Detroit’s economy and Atlanta’s schools, the product of the progressive wing of the Democratic party enabled in no small part by black identity politics. This is entirely a left-wing project, and a Democratic-party project.”

The Real Freddie Gray

"Freddie Gray had an extensive criminal record, and this was well known to police officers in the community. He was, in short, known to engage in unlawful criminal activity with a frequency that would in any other context be considered evidence of a notable work ethic. He had at least 18 arrests in the ~8 years between 2007 and his death in 2015 -- and it is worth keeping in mind that the only reason his arrest record here begins in only in 2007 is that prior arrests would be sealed as juvenile records.

It is also notable that although Gray’s early arrests were apparently confined to drug offenses, in later years he began to be charged with acts of violence, including several charges on differing dates of second-degree assault, as well as burglary.

In addition, the neighborhood where the arrest occurred is known more generally for being a high-crime area, and so the police would be expected to be particularly attuned for indications of criminal conduct.

In this context the police observe well-known criminal Gray acting in a manner that they perceive as noteworthy. The police begin to approach Gray, a form of police conduct that requires no particular legal justification at least until an actual interaction has begun. Observing the police approach, Gray substantially increases the suspiciousness of his conduct by fleeing the officers."
Articles The Great American Traveling Riot Circus
What we're seeing in Baltimore was an example of urban decay from decades of liberal progressive policies.

The police killed Freddie Gray all on their own.

and we support the cops. FIRE !!!

You support a police state where the cops are above the law.

You've already convicted them before they've been tried or before you even know the evidence. So who is supporting the police state?

It's rather clear that education IS better when Charter Schools and private school vouchers are allowed and yet at the behest of the teacher's unions, Democratic politicians vote against those things. Why?

Appeal to Common Sense fallacy. "It seems right to me, therefore it is".

:eusa_hand:

So now you're claiming that Charter schools aren't superior to the average Public School? You live in a little liberal fantasy world...don't you, Pogo? If somethings "inconvenient" to what you believe...you simply declare that it's a "fallacy" or a "straw man" and refuse to address it.

Again...would you like to explain why liberal Democrats vote against Charter Schools and school vouchers?

Dood. I didn't say squat about any kind of "schools". You did. I just pointed out that you have no basis.

Is it?

Sez who?

Not accurately methinks. We'd have to have word from the street to make such a conclusion but everything I've heard points to police overreach being the impetus. And IIRC three of the officers charged by the DA are black.

Is it?

Sez who?

Not accurately methinks. We'd have to have word from the street to make such a conclusion but everything I've heard points to police overreach being the impetus. And IIRC three of the officers charged by the DA are black.
No, the impetus is race. They aren't protesting cops profiling and allegedly abusing whites. So these riots are about blackness while the sports riots are done mostly by people who happen to be white and not in the name of whiteness. Kinda like a Charlie the Tuna misinterpretation.
As for three cops being black, that will be problematic for the demagogues in office who foment and perpetuate the race problem.

Is it?

Sez who?

No, the impetus is race. They aren't protesting cops profiling and allegedly abusing whites. So these riots are about blackness while the sports riots are done mostly by people who happen to be white and not in the name of whiteness. Kinda like a Charlie the Tuna misinterpretation.
As for three cops being black, that will be problematic for the demagogues in office who foment and perpetuate the race problem.

Uhhhhmmm..... if the perceived problem is that cops are beating up on blacks, then the actor in that scene is police. The active party. Not the recipient.

Just as if the topic were men beating up women, the impetus would be from men -- the perps. Not the victims.

If the citizens in Baltimore were law abiding and well behaved there would be no problems in Baltimore.

Well duh, that would be the case in any state, city etc

First it was "what political party runs a city"..... that fell into the swamp.

then it was, "well, how BIG is the city...." and "what are the demographics". Those fell into the swamp.

Then it was "my city has no riots" -- and turns out to be Democrat-run. That burned over and then fell into the swamp.

Now it's "yabbut they live downtown and there's homos there"....

emot-munch.gif

Are you actually so naively stupid that you don't believe that the city policies contributed to the conditions in the city today? Do you actually not believe that the political penchants of the city manager or mayor, or police chief, or the school boards, have no impact on the city? Where the hell do the problems come from, then?

How can you possibly say that with a straight face?

If the citizens in Baltimore were law abiding and well behaved there would be no problems in Baltimore.

then it was, "well, how BIG is the city...." and "what are the demographics". Those fell into the swamp.

Then it was "my city has no riots" -- and turns out to be Democrat-run. That burned over and then fell into the swamp.

emot-munch.gif

Are you actually so naively stupid that you don't believe that the city policies contributed to the conditions in the city today? Do you actually not believe that the political penchants of the city manager or mayor, or police chief, or the school boards, have no impact on the city? Where the hell do the problems come from, then?

Argument from incredulity now? :rofl:

Baltimore's no different from any city in the rest of the country. Whatever dyamics spin into problems like last week, they're universal. They have jack shit to do with what the political affiliation of the city gummint is, there or anywhere else.

But the assertion of its existence (and therefore burden of proof) is not mine; I invited one and all whose assertion it was, to demonstrate how that would work. No one could, either in this thread or past ones. I'm afraid stunned looks don't count.

Sorry but parroting memes from Lush Rimjob ain't gonna fly. They're going to get what they never get on Limblob's airwaves --- challenged.

Is it?

Sez who?

Uhhhhmmm..... if the perceived problem is that cops are beating up on blacks, then the actor in that scene is police. The active party. Not the recipient.

Just as if the topic were men beating up women, the impetus would be from men -- the perps. Not the victims.

Wow! We just crossed the line clear over to stupid ----- it's a real simple thought process (I'll try to use lots of small words, so you can keep up). For every action, there is a reaction. If you take a swing at your neighbor, he's going to swing back. The same applies to the police. The onus is on the citizen to remain civil - if they get out of line, it is the responsibility of the officer to establish situational control.

If you are familiar with the continuum of force (a method of determining the proper level of force to be used by police and military), you would be aware that police MUST go to level greater than the level exhibited by the citizen. They MUST have control of the situation - there is no such thing as an equal exchange between a police officer and a citizen. In ALL cases, the police MUST establish control.

That control may be subtle (you recognize the authority of my position) to one level higher than the level exhibited by the citizen. If the citizen acts combative, the police must establish physical control. If the citizen pulls a knife, the police MUST pull a gun. If the citizen attempts to evade inquiry by the police by running, the police have the responsibility - not just the right - to detain the citizen and determine the reason for flight.

Don't like it? Put on the uniform and do it yourself ....

Is it?

Sez who?

Wow! We just crossed the line clear over to stupid ----- it's a real simple thought process (I'll try to use lots of small words, so you can keep up). For every action, there is a reaction. If you take a swing at your neighbor, he's going to swing back. The same applies to the police. The onus is on the citizen to remain civil - if they get out of line, it is the responsibility of the officer to establish situational control.

If you are familiar with the continuum of force (a method of determining the proper level of force to be used by police and military), you would be aware that police MUST go to level greater than the level exhibited by the citizen. They MUST have control of the situation - there is no such thing as an equal exchange between a police officer and a citizen. In ALL cases, the police MUST establish control.

That control may be subtle (you recognize the authority of my position) to one level higher than the level exhibited by the citizen. If the citizen acts combative, the police must establish physical control. If the citizen pulls a knife, the police MUST pull a gun. If the citizen attempts to evade inquiry by the police by running, the police have the responsibility - not just the right - to detain the citizen and determine the reason for flight.

Don't like it? Put on the uniform and do it yourself ....

OK that's got jack squat to do with anything I posted but enjoy your self-wallowing misery, loser.

emot-munch.gif

Argument from incredulity now? :rofl:

Baltimore's no different from any city in the rest of the country. Whatever dyamics spin into problems like last week, they're universal. They have jack shit to do with what the political affiliation of the city gummint is, there or anywhere else.

But the assertion of its existence (and therefore burden of proof) is not mine; I invited one and all whose assertion it was, to demonstrate how that would work. No one could, either in this thread or past ones. I'm afraid stunned looks don't count.

Sorry but parroting memes from Lush Rimjob ain't gonna fly. They're going to get what they never get on Limblob's airwaves --- challenged.

Your argument holds no water - if it were true, then we would have riots in every city.

I note that you whine - but you offer no counter-truth. Oh, I know - it's not your job. You just lob grenades and claim no responsibility.

But, let's talk about the policies in Baltimore. Do you believe that the relationship between the Democratic leadership and the teacher's unions has had an appropriately positive impact on the quality of education?

What about the Hilton?

"The city-owned Hilton Baltimore convention center hotel lost $5.6 million last year — a worse performance than 2013 despite its close location to Camden Yards and the Orioles' playoff run.

It was the seventh consecutive year that the hotel has underperformed financially, according to an audit of financial statements presented Wednesday to the city's Board of Estimates. Under the deal's initial projections, the hotel was supposed to be making $7 million in profit by now — pumping that money into the city's budget."

"Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, in the wake of rioters destroying a local drug store,lamented "how hard we fought to get a CVS to invest into this neighborhood." While the mayor's grief and frustration in a very difficult situation is more than understandable, the underlying policy is not. City halls shouldn’t be fighting to get individual stores built; they should be creating the conditions in which many stores get built, andmany people want to live, rather than flee. "

Every dollar, every ounce of managerial effort wasted on these boondoggles is an energy unit not expended covering the basics—public safety, protecting citizens’ rights, a clear and hopefully low-hassle regulatory and tax climate that allows individuals and businesses to create their own success, and so on.

Are you going to pretend that local Democratic leadership had nothing to do with this?

"The Baltimore school system ranked second among the nation's 100 largest school districts in how much it spent per pupil in fiscal year 2011, according to data released Tuesday by the U.S. Census Bureau.

The city's $15,483 per-pupil expenditure was second to New York City's $19,770. Rounding out the top five were Montgomery County, which spent $15,421; Milwaukee public schools at $14,244; and Prince George's County public schools, which spent $13,775." - Baltimore Sun, May 21, 2013.

But, yet, when we look at the the city's own education report in 2010, we see that the students of Baltimore are performing 12% worse than the Maryland average in reading, and 25% worse in math. Keep in mind these are the Baltimore's numbers - they have been largely discredited as being slanted. The problem was so bad that they couldn't even lie it away.

Are you going to pretend that local Democratic leadership had nothing to do with this?

The local Democratic leadership told the police to stand down, and to not arrest rioters for destruction of property or 'minor' crimes like theft.

Are you going to pretend that this qualifies as responsible leadership?

IF there is a problem with the police force - and that is still unproven - are you going to pretend that the Democratic leadership doesn't influence this?

Forum List

Back