Ban all air shows!

First time I have seen this video .So it is the smaller plane that hit the larger one and looked like almost on purpose. I do not agree with banning air shows but they need to evaluate what caused this and take action.

Car crashes happen a lot too. Let’s ban cars.
This is just your lack of logic and critical thinking skills talking. If there were stunt car demonstrations frequently around the country where there were often horrible car crashes resulting in death, I would call for them to be banned too. Notice that I didn't say that we should ban airplanes or air travel. You should really grow a brain when you get a minute.

This is just your lack of logic and critical thinking skills talking. If there were stunt car demonstrations frequently around the country where there were often horrible car crashes resulting in death,

How often does this happen?

There are some 60 or so air shows in the US alone each year.

Yet it does not even happen once a year

I live in a city that's next to a large military base.
Once a year we have a huge 3 day air show that is attended by hundreds of thousands of people.
The air show features every type of militaty and civilian aircraft. From modern jets to antique warbirds.
The air show has been an annual event since 1946 and as far as I know. There has never been a plane crash or fatality.

I live in a city that's next to a large military base.
Once a year we have a huge 3 day air show that is attended by hundreds of thousands of people.
The air show features every type of militaty and civilian aircraft. From modern jets to antique warbirds.
The air show has been an anual event since 1946 and as far as I know. There has never been a plane crash or fatality.
San Diego?

First time I have seen this video .So it is the smaller plane that hit the larger one and looked like almost on purpose. I do not agree with banning air shows but they need to evaluate what caused this and take action.

At a guess, the pilot of the fighter (P-63 King Cobra) did not see the B-17. The P-63 has a very long nose and extremely poor visibility ahead and below.

These crashes happen way too often. There's no benefit to these things.

Au contraire. They generate millions in ticket revenues alone. They act as aviation industry trade shows and generate much good will for armed forces.

I don't know how you quantify the value of "way too many" which could, depending on your perspective, be any positive integer.

Can you provide the data of air show fatalities vs both general and commercial aviation. How do those number compare to other exhibitions of vehicles such as road races or bicycle races?

These crashes happen way too often. There's no benefit to these things.

They used to have demolition derbies when I grew up. Until one day someone asked why they were doing this. Nobody could come up with a good reason.

Nothing says worthless like seeing a state of the art plane or restored vintage aircraft....from 15,000 feet away!!!! I'm not sure about a ban. But someone should be asking "why".

Forum List

Back