Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

should be NO Problem , don't like the name then don't show up for the show Toronado . Seem to me that some people need explaining of what Free Speech IS and that fact all by itself is very worrisome Toronado .

should be NO Problem , don't like the name then don't show up for the show Toronado . Seem to me that some people need explaining of what Free Speech IS and that fact all by itself is very worrisome Toronado .

Essentially I agree. I just think if you pick a name like, "Honoring Separatists" you should explain that you should expect some push back.

and the I think that the Confederate Air Force was shut down as far as the name goes by YOU POLICALLY Correct people Toronado . Just a comment for now .

pushback , heck , let them cry and whine and that's all the better . But I think that the issue is shutting down a Band because of its name and it was done by a 'government agency' I think Toronado .

and the I think that the Confederate Air Force was shut down as far as the name goes by YOU POLICALLY Correct people Toronado . Just a comment for now .

Far as I know they just changed their name. Commemorative Air Force

They still have shows scheduled. Its been awhile since I've seen one. I think it was their Tora Tora Tora show I went to and it was great.

Far as I know they just changed their name. Commemorative Air Force

They still have shows scheduled. Its been awhile since I've seen one. I think it was their Tora Tora Tora show I went to and it was great.
-------------------------------- yeah thanks , they changed it due to PC though is my bet . As far as Shows . I wouldn't pay money to a bunch of PC people Toronado .

Last edited:
Government can't make decisions on content with regards to speech in general, unless there is another compelling interest.

They can. The state apparently is concerned that the rebel flag is a symbol of hate and slavery. Since many of the states citizens are black and the purpose is to entertain their citizens I think they have a point in dis inviting them. They still get paid.

The State was wrong to invite and disinvite over the name of the band, and one journalist being a snarky asshole.

Sure, the state screwed up, I agree with that. They should have never invited them and put a little extra scrutiny in who they originally booked. Or, if they don't care about the rebel flag then just let them play. It looks clumsy, no doubt.

Again, if we go by that Standard, you should change your avatar because it offends me.

Last I checked the government isn't telling anyone on this board what avatar they can use. Odd argument on your part.

For some it is. Sorry, but the world is not run by the most easily offended.

Apparently enough to earn a dis invite.

It's the entire concept of using offense as a weapon. Figures you either aren't grasping it, or refuse to admit it.

Your offense isn't a weapon, it's an admission.

One journalist talked about it, and the guy at the State disinvited them. We have no count of the number offended at all.

I have no idea how many people have an opinion one way or another.

That's part of the problem. Society should not be based on the most easily offended, or more in reality those who fake offense for political gain.

They can. The state apparently is concerned that the rebel flag is a symbol of hate and slavery. Since many of the states citizens are black and the purpose is to entertain their citizens I think they have a point in dis inviting them. They still get paid.

Sure, the state screwed up, I agree with that. They should have never invited them and put a little extra scrutiny in who they originally booked. Or, if they don't care about the rebel flag then just let them play. It looks clumsy, no doubt.

Last I checked the government isn't telling anyone on this board what avatar they can use. Odd argument on your part.

It's the entire concept of using offense as a weapon. Figures you either aren't grasping it, or refuse to admit it.

So if you are offended by the bands name, it's an admission you are wrong.

Nice job

How about southern radio stations banning the Dixie Chicks because they spoke out against GWB?
Are we now going to bring up every other bit of stupid out there?

Ah, Tue Quo Que, the primordial ooze of message board debates.

So if you are offended by the bands name, it's an admission you are wrong.

Nice job

How about southern radio stations banning the Dixie Chicks because they spoke out against GWB?
Are we now going to bring up every other bit of stupid out there?

What about southern christians burning Beatles records because they joked about being greater than god...

The must be kicking themselves now because those albums are worth $$.

And more Tu Quo Que. Try harder.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.

This will take a few sentences to round about to my point:

The Confederate imagery stuff is touchy. I figure any symbols of a country which was formed to continue enslaving others is going to be ridiculed. The Stars & Bars are a sign of the mentality of the Confederate elite.

I'm not totally crazy though with the band names and the old confederate air force name. Heck, I even rather like this song despite its "take your rebel heart" line. Girl at least makes videos with black guys so I'm gonna assume "rebel heart" isn't a reference to honor the slave owners of the old south.

To the point,

-if the Confederate Railroad guys can stand up and mention, "Hey, we donate our time to this that and this 'black' cause and Jim-bo here has a black wife, we're obviously not racists" or whatever then the state screwed up.

-if your new band, "NAZI Panzer Revolution" or "Stalin Purge" got turned down from playing at the state fair then you just might have to show how you aren't a NAZI or Commie or something.....

---------------------------- you just want the Band to do some Proper kowtowing and azz kissing eh Toronado ??

Yeah, if I name my band "Pol Pot's Henchmen" I should probably expect to explain myself a bit. Same with these Confederate fellows. Notice I didn't say they were racist pigs or anything. Just that some things need explaining.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't find something like that in the underground scene.

Sorry, but being slave owners in the mid 1800's does not equate with killing of 3 million or so of your own people to prove an economic and social point.

The other side doesn't want an explanation, they want us to shut up.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.

This will take a few sentences to round about to my point:

The Confederate imagery stuff is touchy. I figure any symbols of a country which was formed to continue enslaving others is going to be ridiculed. The Stars & Bars are a sign of the mentality of the Confederate elite.

I'm not totally crazy though with the band names and the old confederate air force name. Heck, I even rather like this song despite its "take your rebel heart" line. Girl at least makes videos with black guys so I'm gonna assume "rebel heart" isn't a reference to honor the slave owners of the old south.

To the point,

-if the Confederate Railroad guys can stand up and mention, "Hey, we donate our time to this that and this 'black' cause and Jim-bo here has a black wife, we're obviously not racists" or whatever then the state screwed up.

-if your new band, "NAZI Panzer Revolution" or "Stalin Purge" got turned down from playing at the state fair then you just might have to show how you aren't a NAZI or Commie or something.....

It's only touchy for people who WANT it to be touchy, who want to use it to shape the culture while crushing those they disagree with politically.

They could have played the fair and probably 99% of the people would not have had an issue with it.

The problem we have is not only are we catering to the 1% who do have an issue, we are only catering to the 1% that has the "right" politics.

See, HappyJoy? I can be reasonable when dealing with a reasonable person.

I hear you. Hopefully I don't sound mad upset crazy. Heck, I went to a Confederate Air Force show back when that was their name. I'll admit I wondered about the confederate part but I didn't see any signs the guys were unpatriotic separatists or slave owners besides the occasional stars n bars (obviously) so I enjoyed the show.

What's the correct response for folks with.....interesting....group names like this?

Why limit it to band names?

Have ever listed to lyrics of a GG Alin song?

I wonder if people like this realize they're just fueling the fire.

Maybe they don't care.

The state government of Illinois is the most backward and corrupt in the nation. This is the state where the capital city passed a law that no building can be taller than the Capital building because they did not want to become like Indy or Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Illinois? That's Obamy country! People getting killed by the handfuls in Chicago like everyday right. But you can't play a public govt sponsored event if your band name offends someone. The music may affect how someone feels about racism? I doubt it. Change you stage name and play on. Call yourselves the "Rainbow Railroad" and see how many people show up you'll pack the fn place. Who cares as a long as they pay the gate!

I wonder if people like this realize they're just fueling the fire.

Maybe they don't care.

The state government of Illinois is the most backward and corrupt in the nation. This is the state where the capital city passed a law that no building can be taller than the Capital building because they did not want to become like Indy or Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Really? I'll see your dumbass little Illinois and raise you a California. I WIN!

Liberals haven't been this excited since a Chinese guy named Robert Lee got fired because his name was Robert Lee. No E.

One journalist talked about it, and the guy at the State disinvited them. We have no count of the number offended at all.

I have no idea how many people have an opinion one way or another.

That's part of the problem. Society should not be based on the most easily offended, or more in reality those who fake offense for political gain.

Then stop being offended the band you don't listen to isn't going to be at the state fair you were never going to go to.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

The singer does have a solo effort with a song called "N*gger Fucker".

In 1982, Coe released another independent album, Underground Album, which contained his most controversial song, "****** Fucker", which resulted in Coe being accused of racism.[10][11] Coe responded to the accusations by stating "Anyone that hears this album and says I'm a racist is full of shit."[6] Coe's drummer, Kerry Brown, is black and married to a white woman, as was Brown's late father, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.[8]

David Allan Coe - Wikipedia

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the state booting the band, it's a state run affair.

So you think the State can ignore the 1st amendment?

Mel Brooks made a whole movie using the word ******, actors said it. Are they also to be banned?

How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.
Lol
They absolutely do have the right to pick who they want and disinvite who they want.
But that is not the point…

Political correctness makes people pussy whipped bitches and fucking retarded...

The singer does have a solo effort with a song called "N*gger Fucker".

In 1982, Coe released another independent album, Underground Album, which contained his most controversial song, "****** Fucker", which resulted in Coe being accused of racism.[10][11] Coe responded to the accusations by stating "Anyone that hears this album and says I'm a racist is full of shit."[6] Coe's drummer, Kerry Brown, is black and married to a white woman, as was Brown's late father, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.[8]

David Allan Coe - Wikipedia

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the state booting the band, it's a state run affair.

So you think the State can ignore the 1st amendment?

Mel Brooks made a whole movie using the word ******, actors said it. Are they also to be banned?

How is this a 1st amendment issue? By that standard any band should be able to perform. Movies also have nudity, should the state fair allow that as well?

They approved them, then removed them based on the content of their band's name.

And the confederate flag. I think the venue has the right to remove the band, many people feel the confederate flag is a sign of hate and slavery. If a band showed up with a swastika they also would be removed. I know you're not going to like that but that doesn't mean the state fair has to showcase and pay the band to play. Plus they found another venue anyway.
Lol
They absolutely do have the right to pick who they want and disinvite who they want.
But that is not the point…

Political correctness makes people pussy whipped bitches and fucking retarded...

It sure does make people pussy whipped bitches, you guys haven't stopped crying since you heard about it.

Forum List

Back