Battle of Bakhmud won by Russia

Both you and utopa have a new and fresh spin on the situation, and so thanks for that!

What is your opinion(s) on the strategic importance of Bakmuht?
There is no spin here. I'm just reporting the facts.

As we all know, an army attacking fortified positions must be much larger than the army defending the positions to have any chance of success, and the attacking army will suffer more casualties than the defending army, so the importance of Bakhmut is that a smaller group of Ukrainian soldiers is able to pin down a much larger group of Russian soldiers, inflicting greater casualties on the Russians than they, the Ukrainians, are suffering and forcing the Russians to expend their dwindling supplies of ammunition. The fact that so much of the Russian army is pinned down at Bakhmut will play a critical role in Ukraine's spring offensive.

There is no spin here. I'm just reporting the facts.

As we all know, an army attacking fortified positions must be much larger than the army defending the positions to have any chance of success, and the attacking army will suffer more casualties than the defending army,
No, we don't know that about modern warfare. Here's proof, albeit a quick and easy answer to show that you're wrong.

Both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
so the importance of Bakhmut is that a smaller group of Ukrainian soldiers is able to pin down a much larger group of Russian soldiers, inflicting greater casualties on the Russians than they, the Ukrainians, are suffering and forcing the Russians to expend their dwindling supplies of ammunition. The fact that so much of the Russian army is pinned down at Bakhmut will play a critical role in Ukraine's spring offensive.

And the dwindling Russian ammunition is another example of an exception. It can be readily imagined that Russia will use as much ammunition as it sees worth the win for strategic purposes.

Ritter explains it for you in easy to understand words. He also explains some of the questions on the Wagner group.

No, we don't know that about modern warfare. Here's proof, albeit a quick and easy answer to show that you're wrong.

Both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

And the dwindling Russian ammunition is another example of an exception. It can be readily imagined that Russia will use as much ammunition as it sees worth the win for strategic purposes.

Ritter explains it for you in easy to understand words. He also explains some of the questions on the Wagner group.
The very fact that you have to threaten nuclear war shows you agree with me about the terrible cost of Russia's efforts to take Bakhmut, but I'd be willng to stipulate that short of a nuclear attack on Ukraine's position at Bakhmut, we all know. . . .

Prigozhin, who is leading the attack on Bakhmut, is clear that Russia's supply of ammunition is now too low to adequately supply the ammo his troops need, so Ritter's musings about the war while he is chasing 12 year old girls in chatrooms is of no interest.

Russia is claiming that taking Badmuht will be a big advantage for conducting the war deep into the Ukraine. Others say it's just a symbolic loss for the Ukraine.
Does anyone have any reliable information of the facts?

This might answer your question, hope it helps!:)

BATTLE FOR BAKHMUT: WHY THE CITY IS KEY TO RUSSIA’S LIBERATION OF DONBASS

Show me the post where I said that. I put the initial invasion strength at ~180K inclusive. If you limit the number to Russian regular forces, it would be close to 120K. That would not include Rosgvardiya, Chechens, Wagner/Patriot PMC's or L/DPR militias, etc.

I have no idea where you get the 265,000 soldiers...

And I showed you that was wrong. 209K active duty beginning of 2022.

I'm going to ignore your rationalizations and makeshift math, thank you.
Man up, and admit if you are wrong - and stop acting like a pussy, via evasions and false returns.

This is a paste copy from YOUR post - go check it out yourself

Ukraine had 265,000 soldiers including activated reserves and Russia invaded with only 120,000 soldiers

Man up, and admit if you are wrong - and stop acting like a pussy, via evasions and false returns.

Ukraine had 265,000 soldiers including activated reserves and Russia invaded with only 120,000 soldiers
That was part of my post, not his. Stop being such a pussy.

That was part of my post, not his. Stop being such a pussy.
Sorry para bellum, I had got you mixed up with another pussy.

toomuchtime; Man up, and admit if you are wrong - and stop acting like a pussy, via evasions and false returns. like; My figures are right and yours are wrong.

Sorry para bellum, I had got you mixed up with another pussy.

toomuchtime; Man up, and admit if you are wrong - and stop acting like a pussy, via evasions and false returns. like; My figures are right and yours are wrong.

Following hostilities with Russia in 2014, Ukraine increased the size of its armed forces to 204,000 soldiers (+46,000 civil servants), not counting additional forces such as border guards (53,000), the newly formed National Guard of Ukraine (60,000) or the security service.[13] In 2021, Ukraine's Armed Forces, now numbering 246,445 (including 195,626 military personnel), was the second largest in the region after the Russian Armed Forces.[14]

Ok, not quite 265,000 yet in 2014.

Following hostilities with Russia in 2014, Ukraine increased the size of its armed forces to 204,000 soldiers (+46,000 civil servants), not counting additional forces such as border guards (53,000), the newly formed National Guard of Ukraine (60,000) or the security service.[13] In 2021, Ukraine's Armed Forces, now numbering 246,445 (including 195,626 military personnel), was the second largest in the region after the Russian Armed Forces.[14]

Ok, not quite 265,000 yet in 2014.
It doesn't matter, anyone who can read - can see for himself that your figures (both UAF and RF) in regards to Feb. 2022 were totally of the chart.
Now have a nice day.

Yes, it's helpful. It's not inconsistent with what Scott Ritter is saying but it adds more detail.

Glad it helped!

Scott Ritter is correct and Colonel Douglas Macgregor is absolutely spot on! :clap:

I never miss any interview with the Colonel!:thup:

It doesn't matter, anyone who can read - can see for himself that your figures (both UAF and RF) in regards to Feb. 2022 were totally of the chart.
Now have a nice day.
Stop being such a pussy. It doesn't matter what their designation was, they were all ready to go to war against Russian invaders. These were the total ground forces Ukraine had available in 2014, and their numbers were greater in 2022 - reaching 700,000 by July - and are estimated to be between 500,000 and 700,000 today.

Stop being such a pussy. It doesn't matter what their designation was, they were all ready to go to war against Russian invaders. These were the total ground forces Ukraine had available in 2014, and their numbers were greater in 2022 - reaching 700,000 by July - and are estimated to be between 500,000 and 700,000 today.
Now again have a nice day.

‘Bakhmut Will Fall’ – Russian Offensive Encircles Key Ukrainian Frontline City​

The Ukranian troops should surrender now.....no need of dying for a stupid, corrupt ,puppet ,comedian called Zelensky.

Premature declarations of victory.

Could happen. Maybe even probable.

But it hasn’t happened yet. And it may not.

Meanwhile, I do hope Putin has cancer.

The last 1/3 of the video they are laughing about the absurdity of U.S. Navy Seals suddenly morphing into Ukrainian Norstream Power Rangers:

Forum List

Back