Be honest. "Gay rights" is code for more affirmative action.

Brittany fucking Spears went to Vegas and got married for three days, but I can't call my 17 year relationship a marriage? Screw that.

No, because it's not. I have a good friend who was in a long term relationship with his gay lover. 10 years, I believe. When Johnny was in the hospital, dying of AIDS, John wasn't allowed to visit him in ICU. I thought that sucked. Since then, I have advocated civil unions, but I refuse to call it marriage. Sorry. Nothing against you or your guy.

Yes it is. I've got a marriage license. I'm MARRIED.

Yes it is what? Some may choose to call your relationship a marriage. I don't.
I don't call poet human either, but that is not germane to this conversation.

We saw it with blacks and hispanics and women and disabled. They say they want equal rights but it's just the opposite. They want special treatment in things like jobs and college scholarships. The perverts are playing the same game - take from the normals and give to me.

You're an idiot. There is nothing about you that is "normal". Equality isn't special treatment. And affirmative action is about racial and/or gender discrimination, moron.

Look dick head! If you can't respond to a neg in a personal message and refuse to allow me to respond in either a Private or visitor message, DO NOT post public messages on my profile page. Goose/gander. Capiche?

You have to win the legal battle first

I appreciate the legal, but the legal can be solved with a civil union.

Forcing people to accept a social agenda is entirely different.

Nobody can force you to accept a social agenda.....only a legal one

If you personally choose not to accept a gay couple as married...you don't have to
But legally, in official matters...you do

I agree with you, legal is a civil union. Social is a marriage.

If granted a civil union, then they are equal in the eyes of the law. It's the wording on an official document.

The movement went from a civil union, to marriage. Why?

If someone was opposed to my receiving the same privileges which others enjoy, all things being equal with the exception of a quality of mine which they do not like, I would say it is inarguable that person is a bigot toward that particular quality.

I am NOT opposed to your receiving the same privileges which others enjoy. I am opposed to you calling it marriage, popcorn or bandanna.
It is not a matter of rights. It is a matter of definitions.
It's a matter of ridiculousness.

It's called gay marriage and it will forevermore be called gay marriage. Expend energy wallowing in bitterness over it or move on. Either way, there's nothing you can do about.

What we need is the end of marriages, move them to the religious side of the world and everyone be allowed to have a civil union, that way, it's all the same. The way it is now, we will have traditional, straight, normal and then gay marriage.

The law will look at them equally as it would any civil union, however society will label.

The truth of the matter is "why" you disagree with the President. Is it for policy and politics or, is it because he is "black"? As much as you'd like to deny it, I believe the latter is true.

hey Poet.....can anyone in this Country disagree with the President without it being racial?.....i was in a thread where i was disagreeing with the President,and explained why i disagreed,called him President Obama,treated him respectably and i was still told it was because he is black.....and i do realize there are those who are against him because he is black.....but you can tell them by how they address his name....is he supposed to be allowed to do whatever he wants because he is black without anyone questioning him?.....

Only blacks can criticize blacks, you dumb cracker!

you notice Poet did not respond to that question...... so that tells me his answer is no....

I am NOT opposed to your receiving the same privileges which others enjoy. I am opposed to you calling it marriage, popcorn or bandanna.
It is not a matter of rights. It is a matter of definitions.
It's a matter of ridiculousness.

It's called gay marriage and it will forevermore be called gay marriage. Expend energy wallowing in bitterness over it or move on. Either way, there's nothing you can do about.

What we need is the end of marriages, move them to the religious side of the world and everyone be allowed to have a civil union, that way, it's all the same. The way it is now, we will have traditional, straight, normal and then gay marriage.

The law will look at them equally as it would any civil union, however society will label.

No, we will still have civil marriage and religious marriage. Only one will be able to discriminate against gay couples.

Queers have the same rights as anyone else. They just want everyone else to accept their immoral and disgusting acts as normal. Nobody likes flammers and nobody wants to be around them, they are annoying attention-whores and mentally unstable.

Queers have the same rights as anyone else. They just want everyone else to accept their immoral and disgusting acts as normal. Nobody likes flammers and nobody wants to be around them, they are annoying attention-whores and mentally unstable.

Hahaha, I virtually guarantee this guy has had a dick in his mouth before.

I think what really makes conservatives sad is yet another group isn't afraid of them and won't take their prejudiced bullshit anymore.

So I can go to Virginia and my marriage will be recognized as legal as anyone else who has a marriage license?

I appreciate the legal, but the legal can be solved with a civil union.

Forcing people to accept a social agenda is entirely different.

Nobody can force you to accept a social agenda.....only a legal one

If you personally choose not to accept a gay couple as married...you don't have to
But legally, in official matters...you do

I agree with you, legal is a civil union. Social is a marriage.

If granted a civil union, then they are equal in the eyes of the law. It's the wording on an official document.

The movement went from a civil union, to marriage. Why?

Based on our societies history towards gays, they thought civil unions were the best they could hope for

Tolerance towards gays has shifted dramatically. So, they thought ...why not go for the whole thing?

Separate but equal is never equal

So I can go to Virginia and my marriage will be recognized as legal as anyone else who has a marriage license?

If you get married to someone of the opposite sex, yea. That was easy.

I think what really makes conservatives sad is yet another group isn't afraid of them and won't take their prejudiced bullshit anymore.

Oh how original, accuse someone against your viewpoint of being gay because they oppose gay marriage. :cuckoo:

You might want to take the "Balls" out of your name before accusing others of being gay. :gay:

Just as easy as your hate and ignorance.

Consider the fact that the Framers conceived of the Constitution to protect citizens from the likes of you.

You’re proof we need the Constitution and its case law now as much as any period during our Nation’s history, if not more so.

Oh how original, accuse someone against your viewpoint of being gay because they oppose gay marriage. :cuckoo:

You might want to take the "Balls" out of your name before accusing others of being gay. :gay:

Your outright hatred suggests homosexuality is a huge thing in your mind. I can't tell if you're the type who beats weaker gay dudes and then rapes them or if you're the type who just hits the gloryholes to get a quick fix to deal with your sham of a life but it's pretty much a fact you've had a dick in your mouth before.

Just as easy as your hate and ignorance.

Consider the fact that the Framers conceived of the Constitution to protect citizens from the likes of you.

You’re proof we need the Constitution and its case law now as much as any period during our Nation’s history, if not more so.

I'm not running around trying to take away anyone's rights. :eusa_hand:

Your outright hatred suggests homosexuality is a huge thing in your mind. I can't tell if you're the type who beats weaker gay dudes and then rapes them or if you're the type who just hits the gloryholes to get a quick fix to deal with your sham of a life but it's pretty much a fact you've had a dick in your mouth before.

Is this the kind of disgusting dialog that you think is productive for ANY cause?

Its not hatred, its just disgust. I could care less if queers like yourself do your thing, just don't expect people like me to call two fags slipping rings on each other's fingers a "marriage".

Carry on, Balls-boy.

Is this the kind of disgusting dialog that you think is productive for ANY cause?

For a homophobe closeted bigot piece of shit like that? Absolutely. That man has had a dick in his mouth before and he hates himself for it. But that's no one's fault but his own and he shouldn't deny others their rights or their individuality because of it.

Its not hatred, its just disgust. I could care less if queers like yourself do your thing, just don't expect people like me to call two fags slipping rings on each other's fingers a "marriage".

Carry on, Balls-boy.

:laugh: You really are a flaming closeted homosexual. I really think you'd be a happier person in life if you just allowed yourself to indulge in your feelings.

That's exatly what is wrong with queers, just no sense of decency, it doesn't even compute.

Forum List

Back