🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Be Strong In The LORD

I don't think that's really what you are looking for. If it was you wouldn't be hanging out in a religious forum where people of faith hang out.

dont worry. We love you anyway. God does too.

I usually don't hang out in the religious threads.

Now, that we've got that out of the way, how about addressing some of the legitimate doctrinal points I brought up in Post #40.

Why would an eternal, omnipotent, Omniscient being have a need to be worshipped or care about the choices made by people on just one planet?

why does anyone care about their children? Because they love them. They are teaching them how to succeed and be happy. Why do you think our Heavenly Father would be different?

I don't think that's really what you are looking for. If it was you wouldn't be hanging out in a religious forum where people of faith hang out.

Now, that we've got that out of the way, how about addressing some of the legitimate doctrinal points I brought up in Post #40.

Why would an eternal, omnipotent, Omniscient being have a need to be worshipped or care about the choices made by people on just one planet?

why does anyone care about their children? Because they love them. They are teaching them how to succeed and be happy. Why do you think our Heavenly Father would be different?
So a loving father murderers his children because they are a disappointment to him?

interesting discussion. I've learned a few things about Joe. He admitted he is looking for something. Something he hasn't admitted before.

God lives Joe. If you want to get to know Him start talking with Him. Share your feelings and anger. Share the pain of your mothers loss which still is with you. Drop the walls around your heart. Christ can heal whatever you are hurting from. I know that from my own experiences.

So a loving father murderers his children because they are a disappointment to him?

God doesn't murder anyone. Mortality involves death. It's the price we pay for obtaining knowledge between good and evil. And it's why Christ died for us. To ensure everyone will live again.

God doesn't murder anyone. Mortality involves death. It's the price we pay for obtaining knowledge between good and evil. And it's why Christ died for us. To ensure everyone will live again.

That's quite a dodge. The Noah fable is about the gods venting their wrath on humanity because humanity was a disappointment to them.

I told you that USMB has rules against discussing family on the open board - you have been told twice now, Joe. Read the bible and ask the LORD for your answers. I have provided more than enough material for one day. Thank you. - Jeremiah

Okay. Wouldn't want you to break rules. So yes or no, do people who don't go to the right church go to hell? Do people who never heard of Jesus go to hell because they were brought up in that half of the planet that isn't Christian.

p.s. I noted that you made mention of heaven, Joe, as if heaven were a reality. This tells me that you believe in heaven. If you believe in heaven then you must also believe in hell. Exactly how does one believe in a heaven and a hell while denying the existence of God? Your contradictory statements reveal that you are not so convinced of what you do not believe, Joe. I find that to be a good beginning. Buy a bible and read it now and keep reading it until you are saved.

No, I don't talk about Heaven like it's a real thing. I'm just amused when you guys claim it is, but then don't want to offend anyone by actually stating who gets in and who doesn't. You don't have to believe that there are witches to think witch burning is a bad thing.

Incidentally, more adventures in Catholicism, I actually asked a priest once if people who belonged to the Lutheran Church that was three blocks down from our Catholic Church were getting into Heaven. The guy pretty much evaded and hemmed and hawed. Probably wasn't expecting a tough question from a sixth grader.

People who love their children don't feel a need to completely control their lives and be worshiped. At least non-psychotic people don't.

Frankly, the God of the Bible comes off as a psycho. Great example, the Book of Job. God essentially lets Satan kill Jobs entire family, destroy his possessions and inflict all sorts of horrible diseases on Job just to prove a point.

interesting discussion. I've learned a few things about Joe. He admitted he is looking for something. Something he hasn't admitted before.

God lives Joe. If you want to get to know Him start talking with Him. Share your feelings and anger. Share the pain of your mothers loss which still is with you. Drop the walls around your heart. Christ can heal whatever you are hurting from. I know that from my own experiences.

I'm not looking for anything from imaginary sky fairies.

Looking for answers. Always. Always asking questions, always rethinking things.

But I don't get those answers by talking to imaginary fairies in the sky. Especially not the Mormon Version, who is exceptionally silly.

That's quite a dodge. The Noah fable is about the gods venting their wrath on humanity because humanity was a disappointment to them.

Excuse me, Hollie, but just because you do not believe the bible does not stop it from being the truth. It is still the truth whether you believe it or not. Noah's story is factual. Not a fable.

[

Thanks for being a voice of reason. don't expect any of them answer this beyond the typical "God has a Reason."

Voice of reason? What Hollie is doing is defined as mocking and scorning God's Word. There is no reason to it. None.

People who love their children don't feel a need to completely control their lives and be worshiped. At least non-psychotic people don't.

Frankly, the God of the Bible comes off as a psycho. Great example, the Book of Job. God essentially lets Satan kill Jobs entire family, destroy his possessions and inflict all sorts of horrible diseases on Job just to prove a point.

Then you should have no interest in serving Satan whatsoever as he is full of control, rituals, holy days to him to keep up with, demons to keep you in line if you miss one, utter torment and fear and always demanding more worship and disgusting - horrific - sacrifice - if you are looking for freedom that would be Jesus Christ and once you know Him? You will desire to worship him all the days of your life - not out of fear and torment but out of a heart of gratitude. Huge difference, Joe.

I told you that USMB has rules against discussing family on the open board - you have been told twice now, Joe. Read the bible and ask the LORD for your answers. I have provided more than enough material for one day. Thank you. - Jeremiah

Okay. Wouldn't want you to break rules. So yes or no, do people who don't go to the right church go to hell? Do people who never heard of Jesus go to hell because they were brought up in that half of the planet that isn't Christian.

p.s. I noted that you made mention of heaven, Joe, as if heaven were a reality. This tells me that you believe in heaven. If you believe in heaven then you must also believe in hell. Exactly how does one believe in a heaven and a hell while denying the existence of God? Your contradictory statements reveal that you are not so convinced of what you do not believe, Joe. I find that to be a good beginning. Buy a bible and read it now and keep reading it until you are saved.

No, I don't talk about Heaven like it's a real thing. I'm just amused when you guys claim it is, but then don't want to offend anyone by actually stating who gets in and who doesn't. You don't have to believe that there are witches to think witch burning is a bad thing.

Incidentally, more adventures in Catholicism, I actually asked a priest once if people who belonged to the Lutheran Church that was three blocks down from our Catholic Church were getting into Heaven. The guy pretty much evaded and hemmed and hawed. Probably wasn't expecting a tough question from a sixth grader.

Joe, you are in total denial. You most certainly did speak of heaven as a real place in your earlier question - you are seriously conflicted and confused - and should read the Bible - not the Catholic way bible but the real bible called King James Version authorized version. The Catholic bible is not the authorized KJV and Christians do not use that bible. They added additional books that are not found in KJV.

Voice of reason? What Hollie is doing is defined as mocking and scorning God's Word. There is no reason to it. None.

Actually, there's a very good reason for it.

This is the kind of thing in the bible one SHOULD question. How can a God who is supposedly loving drown every baby in the world. That's just insane.

Now, in a reasoned historical context, it makes sense in that to the Bronze Age people who wrote the Old Test., "God" was every random act of chaotic nature that afflicted them that they didn't understand. The New Testament I guess is written by more sophisticated Iron Age people who asked more serious questions of their deities... but it's still superstition nonetheless.

Joe, you are in total denial. You most certainly did speak of heaven as a real place in your earlier question - you are seriously conflicted and confused - and should read the Bible - not the Catholic way bible but the real bible called King James Version authorized version. The Catholic bible is not the authorized KJV and Christians do not use that bible. They added additional books that are not found in KJV.

Well, yeah, the Book of Tobit has that silly verse that they read at weddings because the Old Testament really doesn't have any good marriage readings. But no one pays attention to those extra books.

In fact, the one thing I've noticed about Christians is they ignore about 90% of the bible.

Heck, I never even heard of Jephthah the Gileadite (the schlub who butchered and burned his virgin daughter because he made a foolish oath to God) until I started doing serious Atheist bible study.

Oh, yeah. And the King James Bible is really a pretty bad translation.

Then you should have no interest in serving Satan whatsoever as he is full of control, rituals, holy days to him to keep up with, demons to keep you in line if you miss one, utter torment and fear and always demanding more worship and disgusting - horrific - sacrifice - if you are looking for freedom that would be Jesus Christ and once you know Him? You will desire to worship him all the days of your life - not out of fear and torment but out of a heart of gratitude. Huge difference, Joe.

I don't see the Catholics and the Protestants being all that much different. You are all about controlling people and not big on the personal freedom.

Wrong again Hollie, Your loving Father forgives His children while they are in the act of disappointing Him. Just the opposite of what you continue to puke out. The ark preserved mankind. Read your Qur'an that you hold in such high regard. Would it lie? Does it say anything about Noah and the flood? And about God, and why it happened?

Joe, If you don't believe in the "sky fairy", why bother trying to refute Him? Post # 40 has been addressed. You just prefer a different answer. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His grace remains constant. And He leaves the choice up to you.

Now, would it be alright with you if those who do believe, profess their faith, here in the religious forum with out the snide remarks? Even a secular atheist should understand the concept of respect.

Last edited:
Joe, If you don't believe in the "sky fairy", why bother trying to refute Him? Post # 40 has been addressed. You just prefer a different answer. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His grace remains constant. And He leaves the choice up to you.

Like I've said, it isn't God I worry about, its you people who believe in him and will do crazy stuff because he says so. 2000 years of murdering each other over whether Jesus was made of wafers or not, the only way to keep you guys in line is make you answer the questions.

So you think Jere is going to murder you if you don't agree with her? Is that what you're scared of? I know her. You're safe. People like Jere pray for your soul. God says to love one another in case you are confused about His message. And it is out of that love, that she posts. I never saw her threaten anybody that disagreed with her. To the contrary, she becomes even more compassionate. So, I'm calling bullshit on your "fear" of Christians.

Are you as afraid of those who kill without religious convictions? Is there a thread somewhere that you are objecting to their beliefs too?

Forum List

Back