🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Be Strong In The LORD

Not a dude. Have no reason to fear death whatsoever. Christ fulfilled the law for Anne. Christ burns no one. The choice is yours. We are made in God's image, your mom is eternal, and so are you.
Hoping that you come to that realization.

Well, no.... If God created a Hell for the specific purpose of burning people, and then sends people there for not worshiping him or not worshiping him in the right church, that kind of makes God responsible for his own capriciousness.

And also, if you want to keep bringing my mom into this, and since you believe all sorts of horrible things about Catholics, you are kind of implying that's where she went.

Because she picked the wrong religion? Seriously? You kind of see my problem with this.

Now, full disclosure, my Mom was born Southern Baptist, but converted to Catholicism to marry my dad, who was never really very sincere about the whole Catholicism thing like his parents were.

The Lord knows those who are His. If Dahmer confessed to being a Satanist and repented of his sins by the conviction of the Holy Spirit and was truly born again then he is in heaven.

No, that's kind of messed up.

regardless of how sorry he was, he still killed and ate 17 people.

Are you going to tell God what sins he can and cannot forgive? Do you have any idea of the sins of Paul the Apostle prior to his conversion? Do not disqualify anyone, Joe. You are not the Judge. God is the judge.

Not a dude. Have no reason to fear death whatsoever. Christ fulfilled the law for Anne. Christ burns no one. The choice is yours. We are made in God's image, your mom is eternal, and so are you.

Well, no.... If God created a Hell for the specific purpose of burning people, and then sends people there for not worshiping him or not worshiping him in the right church, that kind of makes God responsible for his own capriciousness.

Totally untrue. You send yourself to hell by remaining condemned in your sins - when you reject Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made once and for all for your sins. Once for your sins, Joe. Not over and over and over again and no. His mother didn't help him redeem mankind. She was a sinner in need of salvation too - no one should be praying to Mary!

You do not know what Ann Frank did or didn't do as you were not there, Joe. As for fear of death? I do not fear death. Why should I fear death? I sleep very well, Joe. I do not think about not waking up nor do I fear it.

I'm reasonably sure that when Christians invade someone's country, make her hide in an attic for three years and then throw you in a concentration camp, you aren't really going to be keen on praising Jesus.

But Chef Jeff, he's totally sitting on a cloud.

Are you sure? This Jewish girl gave her heart to Jesus Christ at the age of 7 and lived through Hitlers hell - hear her story before you make such a hasty decision, Joe.

God did create hell for a purpose. It is reserved for demons and those who prefer to unite with Satan. Our choice. Not God's not Christ's. They have gone to great lengths to keep you out of Satan's grasp. Jere posted how the process works.

And also, if you want to keep bringing my mom into this, and since you believe all sorts of horrible things about Catholics, you are kind of implying that's where she went.

Because she picked the wrong religion? Seriously? You kind of see my problem with this.

Now, full disclosure, my Mom was born Southern Baptist, but converted to Catholicism to marry my dad, who was never really very sincere about the whole Catholicism thing like his parents were.

I did not bring anyone's mother into this. You are the person making disclosures of that nature and I have not once brought any of your family members into it. The policy at USMB is not to mention family members or attack family members of others, Joe. You should know the rules by now. I have nothing further to add.

Getting back on topic here. This is how one is born again, Joe.

John 3 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Context
For God So Loved
16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.…

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

Are you going to tell God what sins he can and cannot forgive? Do you have any idea of the sins of Paul the Apostle prior to his conversion? Do not disqualify anyone, Joe. You are not the Judge. God is the judge.

I wouldn't tell God anything because there is no god.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of a belief system that says cannibals get into heaven for the right beliefs, but innocent teenagers go to Hell for the wrong ones.

Now, if you told me, "God will accept you into heaven based on what you did in your life, how many people you helped versus how many people you hurt, and it doesn't matter if you believe in Jesus or Allah or Buddha or Krishna", then, yeah, that to me would be a just and fair belief system.

I wouldn't start believing in Sky Pixies because of your lack of something called "Evidence", but I wouldn't think you were as bad a person.

I did not bring anyone's mother into this. You are the person making disclosures of that nature and I have not once brought any of your family members into it. The policy at USMB is not to mention family members or attack family members of others, Joe. You should know the rules by now. I have nothing further to add.

So yes or no, does my mom get into your heaven for being a Catholic?

The scripture in John 1:18 is most powerful when one considers this is the revelation of Jesus Christ.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with God, has made him known.

Question for the reader - what kind of excuse will anyone have for denying Jesus Christ and refusing to accept Him as Lord and Savior - for refusing to believe on Him when it has already been established that Jesus Christ is God? That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man comes to the Father except through the Son? What excuse will anyone have?

We must realize that angels are ministering spirits that they even minister to the heirs of salvation and that we have been invited to come to Jesus Christ and to receive everlasting life through Him! That we have been offered freely eternal life!

Oh! It makes sense when we hear about John Bunyans visions of heaven and hell and he said the demons in hell were tormenting the damned in hell with terrific torments and mocking them saying, had we been offered so great a salvation we would not have been so foolish as to reject it! You deserve this punishment!

They would say the same thing to the satanists and witches and all those who while on earth had been practicing divination - horoscopes - tarot cards - conjuring demons and seeking things of the occult - now those who were being tortured by demons in hell - they would mock them and torment them with reminders of how they knew they were making themselves enemies of God - they knew they were serving Satan and that telling the truth was a virtue - keeping ones word was a virtue and evil had no virtues! They had been very foolish to have believed Satan would ever keep his word in hell!

Oh! But it was too late for them! Too late! Too late! But for the person reading this today? It isn't too late! God is warning you! God is speaking to your own conscience telling you today is the day of Salvation! Call upon the name of the LORD and be saved! Jesus is your refuge! Jesus is that strong tower and the righteous run into it and they are safe! Call upon the name of the LORD and be saved. Do not wait. Do it today.

I wouldn't tell God anything because there is no god.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of a belief system that says cannibals get into heaven for the right beliefs, but innocent teenagers go to Hell for the wrong ones.

Now, if you told me, "God will accept you into heaven based on what you did in your life, how many people you helped versus how many people you hurt, and it doesn't matter if you believe in Jesus or Allah or Buddha or Krishna", then, yeah, that to me would be a just and fair belief system.

I wouldn't start believing in Sky Pixies because of your lack of something called "Evidence", but I wouldn't think you were as bad a person.

There are no innocent people in hell. No. Not one innocent person in hell.

So yes or no, does my mom get into your heaven for being a Catholic?

I told you that USMB has rules against discussing family on the open board - you have been told twice now, Joe. Read the bible and ask the LORD for your answers. I have provided more than enough material for one day. Thank you. - Jeremiah

p.s. I noted that you made mention of heaven, Joe, as if heaven were a reality. This tells me that you believe in heaven. If you believe in heaven then you must also believe in hell. Exactly how does one believe in a heaven and a hell while denying the existence of God? Your contradictory statements reveal that you are not so convinced of what you do not believe, Joe. I find that to be a good beginning. Buy a bible and read it now and keep reading it until you are saved.

John 3 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Context
For God So Loved
16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.…

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.
This is part of the problem.

You quote bible verses as if they have some evidentiary value, when in fact they don't. The bible was written by men, reflecting man's ignorance, fear, and hate – consequently the bible is completely devoid of authority in a secular context.

Religion is also a creation of man, as is 'god,' where the intent was to exact authoritarian control over a given population by exploiting the fear and ignorance common to most people.

There is no problem, Clayton. Only in your heart. That is where the problem resides, you know.

it is written:

Romans 3 4 Not at all Let God be true and every human being a liar. As it is written So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.

[URL='http://biblehub.com/romans/3.htm']God Remains Faithful[/URL]

…[URL='http://biblehub.com/romans/3-3.htm']3
What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? 4May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."5But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.)… [/URL]

Here are the cross references included, Clayton....

Romans 10 9 If you declare with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.

Context
The Word Brings Salvation
8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.…

Cross References
Matthew 10:32
"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
Luke 12:8
"I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.
Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.
Acts 2:32
God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it
.Acts 16:31
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."
Romans 4:24
but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.
Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved
.Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
Philippians 2:11
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
1 Peter 1:21
Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
1 John 4:15
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

Treasury of Scripture
That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Context
For God So Loved

This is part of the problem.

You quote bible verses as if they have some evidentiary value, when in fact they don't. The bible was written by men, reflecting man's ignorance, fear, and hate – consequently the bible is completely devoid of authority in a secular context.

Religion is also a creation of man, as is 'god,' where the intent was to exact authoritarian control over a given population by exploiting the fear and ignorance common to most people.

The bible is the inspired Word of God - not the idea of man. You are mistaken, Clayton. The Word of God is true. Every single Word of it.

It's actually a pretty nice thread, but kind of one-sided in terms of conversation, dontcha think?

I don't think anyone said you couldn't carry on a conversation as long as you have something constructive to add. "Flaming" and "conversation" are two, entirely different things.

I wasn't referring to myself at all.

It's actually a pretty nice thread, but kind of one-sided in terms of conversation, dontcha think?

I don't think anyone said you couldn't carry on a conversation as long as you have something constructive to add. "Flaming" and "conversation" are two, entirely different things.

Nor was I referring to you. I was making a general statement.

I appreciate your letting me finish presenting the points on the bible study - Stat. That was very polite of you. Thanks again! - Jeri

Forum List

Back