🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Be Strong In The LORD

armor-for-girl-christian-so.jpg

So now that we have covered the scriptures on putting on the full armor of God we can move to the next point which is based on Psalm 62:1 - 12. God is our defense. This is a very powerful Psalm and one that should be prayed into the atmosphere - one that should be meditated upon until the truth is imparted into you - that this entire Psalm is to the Born again believer in Jesus Christ who is God. Jesus Christ is our rock and our salvation, Jesus Christ is our defense. Amen? Amen!

It is written:

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my defence, I shall not be greatly moved.
How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a teetering fence.
They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly.
Selah
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Trust in him at all times, ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.
Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, sent not your heart upon them.

God hath spoken once, twice have I heard this, that power belongeth unto God.
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Psalm 62:1-12

So now that we have covered the scriptures on putting on the full armor of God we can move to the next point which is based on Psalm 62:1 - 12. God is our defense. This is a very powerful Psalm and one that should be prayed into the atmosphere - one that should be meditated upon until the truth is imparted into you - that this entire Psalm is to the Born again believer in Jesus Christ who is God. Jesus Christ is our rock and our salvation, Jesus Christ is our defense. Amen? Amen!

It is written:

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my defence, I shall not be greatly moved.
How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a teetering fence.
They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly.
Selah
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Trust in him at all times, ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.
Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, sent not your heart upon them.

God hath spoken once, twice have I heard this, that power belongeth unto God.
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Psalm 62:1-12
Helmet-of-Salvation-picture5.jpg

The next scriptures in our study come from the book of Isaiah. Isaiah was the prophet whom God chose to reveal Jesus Christ as written in Isaiah 53. This is from Isaiah 40:28-31 and again is a message to the Believer in Jesus Christ about the Power of God! What a wonderful message this is! This is so on target with what the Spirit of God is doing and speaking to the servants of the LORD today - it should be a great encouragement to all who are seeking the LORD with their whole heart.

It is written:

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall,

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

- Isaiah 40: 28,29,30,31

In the next set of scriptures we learn about the Power of the Spirit of God. Which is written in John 7:37-40 and all of these scriptures tie together in creating a picture of the Believer - Strong in the Lord - and the power of His Might! Amen? Amen!

It is written:

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth in me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified)
Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

- John 7: 37-40
As Jesus is speaking of the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is to come - we need to realize that in Ephesians 6: 18 when referencing praying with all prayer and supplication - this command includes praying in the holy Spirit - praying in tongues - we are to be praying without ceasing. In this verse it uses the word - always. Also All Prayer - praying in the Holy Spirit and praying in our own language - both - we are building ourselves up spiritually through prayer - our warfare is spiritual so it is imperative that we pray in the Holy Spirit often and continue to increase in prayer of all form.

Last edited:
Moving to the next set of scriptures now we go to the Power of Jesus Christ and examine the Word and promises of Jesus Christ written in - John 14: 11-18

It is written:

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also: and greater works than these shall he do, because I go to the Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father, may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

-
John 14: 11-14
If you are abiding in Jesus Christ and His Words are abiding in you as written in John 15:7? This is for you. It is the truth and you need to realize it is the truth. Any thing you ask. ANY THING you ask for in Jesus name? He will do it. Do not ever doubt the Word of God. The double minded man will receive nothing from God. Believe Gods Word. Let the Word of God be true and every man be a liar ......... the scriptures declare ...... do not doubt the Word of God. Men lie. Jesus Christ never told a lie and He never will. Jesus Christ is God and we can depend on Jesus Christ in all things. Not some. ALL.

Last edited:
Continuing in John 14:15 - 18

It is written:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever,
Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Another important word - if you love Jesus Christ? Keep his commandments - notice he didn't say I'll keep them for you and you just sin on under grace .......it's all covered.....no. Jesus said if you love me? Keep my commandments. If you love Jesus Christ? Obey Jesus Christ. If you love Jesus? Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus!

Talk is cheap. God was very angry with those he said worshiped him with their lips but their hearts were far from Him!

Obey Jesus Christ and live holy unto the LORD. We do not want to be one of those saying Lord! Lord! Did we not do these things in your name? Only to hear, depart from me ye workers of iniquity I never knew you! We do not want to be open season for the enemy and his assaults. We need to stay under the Blood of Jesus Christ and Obey Him! Jesus Christ is LORD. LORD means Master! He is in full control. He is in charge - we are servants and called to obey our LORD.

Last edited:
It's actually a pretty nice thread, but kind of one-sided in terms of conversation, dontcha think?

It's a bible study, Stat. Q & A is after all the material is presented. Right now the presentation is still ongoing.. you will note that many of my threads do not invite much in the way of discussion. Reading the material is what is important - although if anyone wishes to discuss it once it is all up - by all means - do so.

Ok, understood.

Moving to the next set of scriptures for this study - we go to Romans 8: 31-39. As the servants of the LORD, the laborers in the vineyard - obey the Master - we have been given great blessings in Jesus Christ. We are reminded that we are more than Conquerors through Jesus Christ our Lord. We abide in Jesus Christ. We are more than Conquerors through Jesus Christ. We are assured of Final Victory. Be Strong in the LORD, Christian.

Look at this..........

It is written:

What shall we say then to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, FOR THY SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG, WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-Romans 8: 31-39

I think the why we do it is fairly straightforward. I think how do we do it is a much better discussion

In the spirit of Bible Study..

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

"Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again." -- Psalm 140:10

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2-3

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. -- Deuteronomy 22:23-24

Wow, this books is a totally awesome source of morality.

Joe, this thread is a bible study for Christians on the religion forum. This is not the flame zone. Please do not treat it as such. Read the USMB rules and obey them. Writing on USMB is a privilege. Not a right.

Screaming Scripture verses at people is NOT "Bible Study".

how has anything been screamed at anyone? It's a message board. No matter how hard I type what I or anyone else writes makes a sound to another person. You have to voluntarily read anything anyone posts on the internet.

you are free to participate in any discussion. You are free not to. Why do you think we are asked to put on the armor of God and why?

Joe, this thread is a bible study for Christians on the religion forum. This is not the flame zone. Please do not treat it as such. Read the USMB rules and obey them. Writing on USMB is a privilege. Not a right.

how has anything been screamed at anyone? It's a message board. No matter how hard I type what I or anyone else writes makes a sound to another person. You have to voluntarily read anything anyone posts on the internet.

you are free to participate in any discussion. You are free not to. Why do you think we are asked to put on the armor of God and why?

Now we come to the final part of this bible study and message from the LORD in 2 Timothy 2: 1-7. What is the message?

Be strong in the LORD.

It is written:

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to be faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Thou therefore endure hardness, like a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits. Consider what I say, and the LORD give thee understanding in all things.

- 2 Timothy 2: 1-7

Large bolded fonts are the equivlent to screaming.

Thank you, Avatar. For Joe's information, were I to use all CAPITOL LETTERS - according to internet etiquette - I'd be screaming. As I was not using all capitol letters - I was not screaming. I found his concern over my thread somewhat interesting. I am thankful for the USMB message board forum because they have given everyone freedom to write their own threads - beliefs - whatever they wish. I hope Joe finds what he is searching for.

Why do you think we are asked to put on the armor of God and why?

I think that there is no God. I think the concept of the Christian God is kind of silly.

You essentially have a being who is omnipotent, omniscient, eternal and has spent the last 14 billion years created a universe.

But he is really, really concerned about what one tribe of Bronze Age savages did 3000 years ago, or what one third of the population on one planet in that vast universe worshipping him?

By the very definition of your God, he shouldn't care if I put on the armor of God or not. Why would he?

On another tact, if God has a plan, and everything is pre-determined, and he knows what I'm going to do before I do it, then why is he really concerned about what I'm going to do? Conversely, if God's plan involves things happening a certain way, why would prayer be necessary?

If it was his plan that my Mom died of cancer when I was 20, what was the point of everyone praying for htat not to happen?

The real problem with your religion is how absolutely absurd it becomes when you think about it.

Forum List

Back