🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Be Strong In The LORD

Then you should have no interest in serving Satan whatsoever as he is full of control, rituals, holy days to him to keep up with, demons to keep you in line if you miss one, utter torment and fear and always demanding more worship and disgusting - horrific - sacrifice - if you are looking for freedom that would be Jesus Christ and once you know Him? You will desire to worship him all the days of your life - not out of fear and torment but out of a heart of gratitude. Huge difference, Joe.

I don't see the Catholics and the Protestants being all that much different. You are all about controlling people and not big on the personal freedom.

That is not true at all, Joe. The Roman Church is the one with the history of control and insisting that all must go through their religion in order to get to God - God does not need the Roman Catholic Vatican to play the mediator - Christ needs no Vicar - Christ needs no Priest to hear the confessions of the people - the veil has been rent - and every man, woman and child can enter in and come to the LORD personally for themselves - they do not need a mediator. Get it? No mediator - no hail mary's, penance - 50 x's repeating the LORD's Prayer - none of that - when Jesus said - It is finished he meant It is finished. The best thing you can do for yourself is accept the fact that you were misled - your were taught things that are not true - buy an authorized King James Version bible -or an NIV or New American Standard - or the living bible - whatever version - but forget the Roman Catholic way book as it has added books and is not anything you should be reading.

The difference between Born again Christians and the Roman Church is that the Born again Christians believe the Bible and follow the teachings of the bible whereas the Roman Church teaches false doctrines of devils - and is not based on Scripture - it is all based on Paganism, Satanic rituals - even the incense and holy water - based totally on the occult. It's true. You should research the history of it and quit blaming Jesus for what He has no part in.

Joe, If you don't believe in the "sky fairy", why bother trying to refute Him? Post # 40 has been addressed. You just prefer a different answer. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His grace remains constant. And He leaves the choice up to you.

Like I've said, it isn't God I worry about, its you people who believe in him and will do crazy stuff because he says so. 2000 years of murdering each other over whether Jesus was made of wafers or not, the only way to keep you guys in line is make you answer the questions.

The Catholic leadership murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent Jews and Christians - Protestants - and even buried over 150,000 people alive according to one researcher claiming they were witches. The Roman Church was the instigator of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Dark Ages - they have totally misrepresented the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel great compassion for the Catholic people who have no idea of the history of Catholicism, Joe, but do not blame born again Christians or accuse us of being murderers such as the Roman church has been known for throughout history. We have no part in violence of any sort. NONE.

Joe, this thread is not about the Roman Catholics and their religion nor the Vatican's Criminal History - this is a Bible study thread concerning the topic of the Christian putting on the full armor of God - Being strong in the LORD and so forth. If you have nothing to add on that topic please refrain from any more derailing comments on RCC as I desire to get my thread back on track here.

I am not looking for the largest number of views - I am not in a race for leader board or making the top ten - just want to have an interesting bible study read / discussion and staying on topic. Thank you.

The Word of God teaches us that as Christians we are to put on the whole armor of God according to Ephesians 6:10-20. Why do we do this? Because Christians are victorious in spiritual warfare when they put on the whole armor of God, pray and rely on the power of God as their defense. God is our defense. This thread will be different in that we are going to do a bible study on what it means to be Strong in the LORD and we begin at the first command - put on the full armor of God!

Let's begin by examining examples A & B.
A:
Mike feels convicted of his sins and realizes that the Holy Spirit is dealing with him. He sees the truth that he has been living apart from God and decides to repent of his sins and invites Jesus Christ to become his Lord and Savior according to John 3:16,17,18 and Romans 10: 9,10. Mike joins a small church and gets baptized in water. Then Mike asks the Pastor who is a Spirit filled believer to pray for him to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and now Mike has received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Mike studies the Word of God and obeys the Lord faithfully and five years later feels called to the mission field to preach the Gospel in Nigeria. His work will be done in a very dangerous war torn Village. Mike is praying that the LORD will equip him for this calling. Mike wonders if he really is capable of being an effective missionary.

Example B:

Joe feels called to join the Army and he decides to join and follow in his fathers footsteps as a career soldier. He serves faithfully for 5 years and then he is offered the job of recruiting civilians to join the US Army. Joe accepts the job. Joe learns that others in the recruiting office have University degrees and are highly educated and Joe begins to wonder if he has the skills to do this job. Are his computer skills good enough? Can he handle the technical aspects of the job? Will the Army supply him with the instruction and tools necessary to do this new job?

Just as Joe's employers (US Army) could not ask him to do a job without equipping him with the training or proper tools neither does the LORD expect Mike to go out onto the mission field without what he needs. The truth is Jesus Christ equips Christians with everything necessary to succeed in spiritual warfare against the devil and his evil forces. That is not isolated to going on the mission field as the world is our mission field. Therein Jesus Christ has equipped us and our part is to #1 Put on the full armor of God. Every single day.

Here is the first bible verse - using a link from bible hub!

Ephesians 6 10 Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Context
The Full Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.11Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.…

Another weapon of our warfare is pleading the Blood of Jesus Christ. The Blood of Jesus is a powerful weapon against the enemy and one that Christians some times overlook. When praying I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ and have seen the LORD do many great things!

Hope is expecting a blessing some time in the future. Faith is taking now what God offers.

- F. F. Bosworth

Faith which creates powerful praying is the faith which centers itself on a powerful Person. Faith in Christ's ability to do and to do greatly is the faith which prays greatly.

- E.M. Bounds

We know nothing until we are taught by the Holy Spirit, who speaks to the heart rather than to the ear.

- Charles Spurgeon

So you think Jere is going to murder you if you don't agree with her? Is that what you're scared of? I know her. You're safe. People like Jere pray for your soul. God says to love one another in case you are confused about His message. And it is out of that love, that she posts. I never saw her threaten anybody that disagreed with her. To the contrary, she becomes even more compassionate. So, I'm calling bullshit on your "fear" of Christians.

Are you as afraid of those who kill without religious convictions? Is there a thread somewhere that you are objecting to their beliefs too?

I think 2000 years of Crusades, INquisitions, Burning of Witches, persecution of heretics, wars over doctrinal issues, and even today when they are trying to keep gays from getting married or women from getting birth control, the only reason people like you and Jere are reduced to foisted unsolicited prayers is because you can't strap me to a table and torture me with hot pokers for making fun of your Sky Fairy.

Nothing is scarier than what a fanatic will do to you, for your own good.

The Catholic leadership murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent Jews and Christians - Protestants - and even buried over 150,000 people alive according to one researcher claiming they were witches. The Roman Church was the instigator of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Dark Ages - they have totally misrepresented the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel great compassion for the Catholic people who have no idea of the history of Catholicism, Joe, but do not blame born again Christians or accuse us of being murderers such as the Roman church has been known for throughout history. We have no part in violence of any sort. NONE.

Protestants were just as likely to do horrible things as the Catholics. Let us not forget the Salem Witch Trials were done by Protestants. Or Oliver Cromwell's slaughters of Catholics in Ireland.

I am an ex-Catholic who understands the history of Catholicism. I just don't think that a movement that spun off of Catholicism because a fat, horny King couldn't get the divorce he wanted is any better.

henry_viii_278x225.jpg

Chick Magnet- 1536!

The difference between Born again Christians and the Roman Church is that the Born again Christians believe the Bible and follow the teachings of the bible whereas the Roman Church teaches false doctrines of devils - and is not based on Scripture - it is all based on Paganism, Satanic rituals - even the incense and holy water - based totally on the occult. It's true. You should research the history of it and quit blaming Jesus for what He has no part in.

The sad thing is that you actually believe that crap. That's what makes you kind of scary. Not only what your sort would do to those of us who don't believe in Sky Fairies, but what you'd do to people who don't believe in Sky Fairies the right way.

The sad thing is that you actually believe that crap. That's what makes you kind of scary. Not only what your sort would do to those of us who don't believe in Sky Fairies, but what you'd do to people who don't believe in Sky Fairies the right way.

Some US states still have blasphemy laws on the books from the founding days

Blasphemy law in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Blue laws in the United States
Blue laws in the United States vary by state. Blue laws are laws designed to enforce religious standards. (Christian)

Another feature of blue laws restricts the purchase of particular items on Sundays which is an unusual feature in modern American culture. Some of these laws still restrict the ability to buy cars, groceries, office supplies and housewares among other things. Though most of these laws have been relaxed or repealed in most states, they are still strictly enforced in some other states.
Blue laws in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Then you should have no interest in serving Satan whatsoever as he is full of control, rituals, holy days to him to keep up with, demons to keep you in line if you miss one, utter torment and fear and always demanding more worship and disgusting - horrific - sacrifice - if you are looking for freedom that would be Jesus Christ and once you know Him? You will desire to worship him all the days of your life - not out of fear and torment but out of a heart of gratitude. Huge difference, Joe.

I don't see the Catholics and the Protestants being all that much different. You are all about controlling people and not big on the personal freedom.

That is not true at all, Joe. The Roman Church is the one with the history of control and insisting that all must go through their religion in order to get to God - God does not need the Roman Catholic Vatican to play the mediator - Christ needs no Vicar - Christ needs no Priest to hear the confessions of the people - the veil has been rent - and every man, woman and child can enter in and come to the LORD personally for themselves - they do not need a mediator. Get it? No mediator - no hail mary's, penance - 50 x's repeating the LORD's Prayer - none of that - when Jesus said - It is finished he meant It is finished. The best thing you can do for yourself is accept the fact that you were misled - your were taught things that are not true - buy an authorized King James Version bible -or an NIV or New American Standard - or the living bible - whatever version - but forget the Roman Catholic way book as it has added books and is not anything you should be reading.

I am left speechless. Just speechless.

What does this have to do with my bible study,Be strong in the LORD, Guno? Nothing? Yes. Nothing. Please get on topic or find another thread. Thank you.

Joe, welcome to the 21 century. Where all those things that keep you up at night like the crusades have been put in the past where they belong.
I didn't realize that Christians were killing gays. Do you have a head count on that?

Last time I checked people in this country have the right to believe what they want. Sorry you can't handle that. Maybe you should allow that freedom and quit bombing this thread. You also have the right to start a thread of your own, asking questions and looking for answers...........

Joe, welcome to the 21 century. Where all those things that keep you up at night like the crusades have been put in the past where they belong.
I didn't realize that Christians were killing gays. Do you have a head count on that?

Last time I checked people in this country have the right to believe what they want. Sorry you can't handle that. Maybe you should allow that freedom and quit bombing this thread. You also have the right to start a thread of your own, asking questions and looking for answers...........
Hey, Ram. Why not throw in a few phony "quotes" from your fundamentalist ministries.

You remember Hollie's Folly, that no such story would be found in the book of truth...... :tomato:
This is Jere's thread. If you want to stalk me do it in the Noah thread and leave Jere to her work.
You remember your lies and fraud, intentionally editing and parsing "quotes" to fraudulently alter a writers intent?

Forum List

Back