🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Be Strong In The LORD

You are engaged in a work so spiritual, so far above all human power, that to forget the Holy Spirit is to ensure defeat.

-Charles Spurgeon

Take heed, that your own heart is right, on key, so that when the fingers of mercy touch the strings they may resound with full notes of communion.
-Charles Spurgeon

It is prayer that is the link between the King on the throne and the church at His footstool.

-Andrew Murray

We do not want fingertip prayers, which only touch the burden, we need shoulder prayers, which bear a load in earnestness and are not to be denied their desire.

-Charles Spurgeon

A message from William Gurnall - from devotional - Christian in Complete Armour -

Can you honestly say that when God first came to you your thoughts were pure and your intentions holy? Were you not already armed with the weapons of rebellion - a covetous spirit, a deceitful spirit, a lying tongue? Oh, yes, you had a nature fully charged with enmity against God. It lay like unfired gunpowder, waiting for a flame! Fall on your knees in humble gratitude to the One who sent His Spirit and grace to stop you, even while your nature meditated on nothing but war against God and his laws.

One reason we are so easily persuaded to sin is because we do not understand Satan's purpose. He does with men in sinning as generals do with them in fighting. Captains beat their drums for volunteers, promising pay and promotions to all who enlist. The guarantee of such excellent benefits makes soldiers come streaming it, with little or no thought as to whether the ground of war is just.

Satan entices to sin by giving golden promises of rewards for entering his service - power, fame, or fortune. Many foolish souls are won by his clever arguments and the prodding of their own greedy natures. Few bother to ask, "Why is the devil so eager to have me join his ranks?"

Shall I tell you? Do you think your pleasure or profit is his goal?
Not likely! His aspirations are all for himself. He has a personal grudge against God, and he brings you, by sinning, to join his quarrel.

What he fails to mention is that you jeopardize your very soul to defend his pride and lust. But he is hardly worried about your welfare. He loses no more sleep over your certain damnation than a demented general does over the men he sends on a suicide mission.

Knowing this, why would you ever join Satan in his fight against God?

He sends you on a suicide mission! This bloody Joab will order you where no one ever came out alive. If you stand where God's bullets fly, you are a dead man, unless you throw up your arms and surrender at once.

- William Gurnall - From Christian in Complete Armor - April 12 - Devotional.

Isaiah 40 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles they will run and not grow weary they will walk and not be faint.

Context

[URL='http://biblehub.com/isaiah/40.htm']Here is Your God!

30Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, 31Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
Cross References
Luke 18:1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
2 Corinthians 4:1
Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Hebrews 12:3
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Revelation 12:14
The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.
Exodus 19:4
You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.
Deuteronomy 32:11
like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them aloft.
Job 17:9
Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger.
Psalm 84:7
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
Psalm 103:5
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Isaiah 41:1
"Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment.[/URL]

This war is a spiritual holocaust. Either you destroy the power of Satan in your life by putting on the whole armor of God and keeping it on or Satan will destroy you. The great saints of every century have been tried in the fires of temptation. And to a man they have been singed whenever Satan found the slightest chink in their graces. Do not disregard what history has repeatedly shown to be true.
- William Gurnall

Joe, we're coming back to the bible study discussion now - so if you want to join in - join in - otherwise - lets leave George W. out - alright? I have some great things to share coming up - that will enhance this study - stay tuned, Joe!

You're going to mindlessly rant scripture at us some more? Because that never gets old.

Not mindlessly, Joe, the Word of God is never mindless. Nor is it a rant. The Word of God will never get old - this is true - because throughout eternity those who serve Jesus Christ will most assuredly continue in speaking the Word of God daily. It's our daily bread. The Bread of Life.

PTL2.jpg

Joe, we're coming back to the bible study discussion now - so if you want to join in - join in - otherwise - lets leave George W. out - alright? I have some great things to share coming up - that will enhance this study - stay tuned, Joe!

You're going to mindlessly rant scripture at us some more? Because that never gets old.

Make sure to listen to the music, Joe. The anointing is there on the music and will also minister to you along with the Word of God.

Do not disrespect the LORD like this on this thread, Guno. It is a dangerous thing to provoke the LORD to anger. You do not want to do it. I'm asking you to heed the warnings in the Torah and the Tanach and do not provoke the LORD to anger. Please listen and do not do it.

What I notice is most Christians think about God on Sunday and then forget about him the rest of the week. In fact I don't even think they give him the entire Sunday. They give him a few hours and then it's NFL the rest of the day or back to their normal lives whatever that means. I know it doesn't involve talking or thinking about Jesus 24/7.

Forum List

Back