Being liberal means living in a 1984 world where you are told what you are allowed to say and think

...and the Party Line changes daily so you have to work really hard to keep up.

The cost of failure to keep up is loss of job, loss of reputation, loss of business opportunities.

For example, if you say "men and women" are different (something that used to be common sense) in the liberal world you are now persona non grata.

It clearly doesn't. Partisan politics is getting more and more extreme. But being a liberal is about more freedom, seeing how it was the liberals that got the west to where it is today and not the conservatives who wanted to keep the monarchy as it was.

How is being liberal meaning more freedom when you can't even use a lousy straw?

They outlawed big soft drinks in New York City.

The cost of failure to keep up is loss of job, loss of reputation, loss of business opportunities.

For example, if you say "men and women" are different (something that used to be common sense) in the liberal world you are now persona non grata.

It clearly doesn't. Partisan politics is getting more and more extreme. But being a liberal is about more freedom, seeing how it was the liberals that got the west to where it is today and not the conservatives who wanted to keep the monarchy as it was.
College campuses shout down conservative speakers, not seeing any freedom from that point of view.
Institutions of academia promote liberalism and suppress conservatism. Any person arguing hasn't talked
to the students that go there. Liberal freedom is abundant.

I would be jack and jolly if it was 1984. I didn't have a care in the world then.

College campuses shout down conservative speakers, not seeing any freedom from that point of view.
Institutions of academia promote liberalism and suppress conservatism. Any person arguing hasn't talked

So you're saying that universities have to allow every single person to speak at their university or else there's no freedom of speech there? So if I come along and say "I want to kill all black people" and they ban me, then there's no freedom of speech?

I would be jack and jolly if it was 1984. I didn't have a care in the world then.

You were like 3 years old..

And yet WE'RE here on a "political board". Think about it.

So you're saying that universities have to allow every single person to speak at their university or else there's no freedom of speech there? So if I come along and say "I want to kill all black people" and they ban me, then there's no freedom of speech?

Colleges like berkley prided themselves on free speech..

Now they became like the book burning schools of yesterday..

You're confusing classic liberalism with modern-day American liberalism. Classic liberalism did view freedom as it's core value. Modern-day American liberalism want to limit personal freedom, as in gun-control, harassing conservative speakers at universities, forcing people to join labor unions, murdering people through abortion, assisted suicide, and euthanasia, destroying the Christian foundations which built this country, the spreading of "political-correctness" and hatred for anyone who does not conform, erasing our national identity, opposition to private property rights, turning dangerous criminals loose on the street instead of serving their sentences, excessive taxes, brainwashing through government-censored public education, and many more examples with which I could fill several pages.

A good read for you:
11 times campus speakers were shouted down by leftist protesters this school year - The College Fix

Remember when Rutgers handled Condoleezza Rice to the point she had to back out.
Obama chides Rutgers students for pressuring Condoleezza Rice to back out of commencement speech

Yeah, yeah.......the freedom from the left on full display. :rolleyes-41:

Institutions of academia promote liberalism and suppress conservatism.

strawman.jpg

Great, better music back in 1984.

And yet WE'RE here on a "political board". Think about it.
Ain't nuthin political about this clusterfuck

You're confusing classic liberalism with modern-day American liberalism. Classic liberalism did view freedom as it's core value. Modern-day American liberalism want to limit personal freedom, as in gun-control, harassing conservative speakers at universities, forcing people to join labor unions, murdering people through abortion, assisted suicide, and euthanasia, destroying the Christian foundations which built this country, the spreading of "political-correctness" and hatred for anyone who does not conform, erasing our national identity, opposition to private property rights, turning dangerous criminals loose on the street instead of serving their sentences, excessive taxes, brainwashing through government-censored public education, and many more examples with which I could fill several pages.

POST OF THE MONTH!!!

Yeah, right! Them libs are all in lockstep..unlike the righteous Republicans who favor debate and consensus under the leadership of independent thinking Mitch McConnell. He wouldn't dream of telling people how to think or obstruct any future legislation or appointment nominations based on who offers them.

That is so weird when your kind comes up with such nonsense.

Democrats are a coalition party. That means, with all the competing groups, it takes endless negotiation within the party to get to a party message.

Republicans are white. They march in lockstep. How do we know?

They tell us. Why do you think Flake is threatening with just one Senate vote?

Economist's View: If Obama Was For It, We Had To Be Against It

Senate GOP Pledge to Block Dems' Legislation

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

Patently false bullshit, racist. Your dimshit murderers are racist, they are violent. They criminally violate others rights like the 1st 2nd 4th at will as if it is THEIR right to choose where and even if others can can freely exercise theirs.

If you are white and call other white people racist why not do both blacks and whites a favor and kill your racist white privileged self. We will be waiting for the news. Otherwise your labels are just proof of your complete lack of self awareness.

Men and women are different.

Men and women are different.
Tell us about it.

A good read for you:
11 times campus speakers were shouted down by leftist protesters this school year - The College Fix

Remember when Rutgers handled Condoleezza Rice to the point she had to back out.
Obama chides Rutgers students for pressuring Condoleezza Rice to back out of commencement speech

Problem is "shouting down" is also freedom of speech.

There's a right to say what you want, there isn't a right to be heard by everyone.

POST OF THE MONTH!!!

Post of the month for people who spout bullshit. That poster is on my ignore list for a reason.

A good read for you:

Problem is "shouting down" is also freedom of speech.

There's a right to say what you want, there isn't a right to be heard by everyone.
No it's not, you're stifling another person freedom of speech.
Your freedom ends where mine begins, regarding freedom of speech and being shouted down.
What would be appropriate is to let one person speak and then challenge what that person said.
Not to talk over him/her, and not allowing a persons right to be heard.
If a person doesn't want to hear that person, they can leave, no one is forcing them to stay.

That's the way it used to be, until.....

I'm kind of surprised in you, frigid that you would use that angle.

Forum List

Back