Ben Carson Believes Darwin's Theory Was A Creation of Satan

He has an right to his opinion, as does any other scientist...
You know that his claim has nothing to do with science, right? That is to say his opinion thay darwin was influenced by Satan is not a scientist's opinion.

You know this, right?
Who gives a sh!t about Darwin??
It's a culmination of things more than just this one statement. With stuff like this he looks more and more like a guy who fits the facts to match his worldview rather than the other way around. That hasnt worked out well for us in the past
He has his opinion we have ours, running with the crowd is overrated...

Don't you wish it was that easy? Espousing creationism as a president could have a negative effect on the development of science in America.
My existence does not depend on science, thank God.

It is one thing to deny the existence of Evolution and another to say Darwin was influenced by Satan but to do so with a first class education encompassing biology, anatomy, biochemistry and histology is nothing less than astounding.

At the .40 mark

... Now I am wondering what could be worse: having the Donald as a president or this pre-industrial era zealot.
What a disapointment ... specially comming from a college graduate.

Taught by who? A progressive professor, one of lowest of life forms

Your ignorance shines like a beacon.

And yours does??

It is one thing to deny the existence of Evolution and another to say Darwin was influenced by Satan but to do so with a first class education encompassing biology, anatomy, biochemistry and histology is nothing less than astounding.

At the .40 mark

... Now I am wondering what could be worse: having the Donald as a president or this pre-industrial era zealot.

And yours does??

Your point? you can't responsibly lump all upper education into the same category. I believe you're better than that.

At the .40 mark

And yours does??

Your point? you can't responsibly lump all upper education into the same category. I believe you're better than that.

I don't, I just don't believe it's the be all end all of all things...

At the .40 mark

Medicine is based on scientific findings , not on the rather outdated opinions written down by some ancient profets 4,000 years ago.

You know that his claim has nothing to do with science, right? That is to say his opinion thay darwin was influenced by Satan is not a scientist's opinion.

You know this, right?
It's a culmination of things more than just this one statement. With stuff like this he looks more and more like a guy who fits the facts to match his worldview rather than the other way around. That hasnt worked out well for us in the past

Don't you wish it was that easy? Espousing creationism as a president could have a negative effect on the development of science in America.

When you fly in an airplane your existence literally depends on science... thank science for that ( or whatever god , godess or gods you wish to worship, given plethora of religious beliefs ) .

At the .40 mark

Medicine is based on scientific findings , not on the rather outdated opinions written down by some ancient profets 4,000 years ago.

In your opinion...

At the .40 mark

You don't agree with him, fine.
Agreement is overrated...

Propagating ignorance and rejecting science is not overrated especially when someone is as brilliant and as grounded in science as Ben Carson is. He really needs to speak to this claim.

As a scientist and as the frontrunner to the Republican nomination he has an obligation to speak about his beliefs and why he is rejecting the things he learned in his scientific education.

Evolution is NOT a key fundamental for a neurosurgeon. ANY neurosurgeon today knows more about the human body and biology than Darwin did. Evolution has hardly any medical bearing on technique or process of being a doctor.

AND Darwin didn't have a clue as to the MECHANISM of evolution which is in the genetics of beings. And he is NOT the ultimate authority of what we NOW know about evolution. That it can be rapid or slow or even manipulated. And NEWER knowledge postulates that there were periods of BLAZING fast specie creation and evolution. All triggered by a variety of events such as Cosmic ray storms, Chemical changes in the environment, even EXTREME stress. These fall into the realm of "Acts of God" under an AllState Insurance Policy.

So HUMILITY in a scientist -- where they are not BEATING YOU UP with approved versions of orthodox science and whacking you with Darwin as the "end all and be all" of evolution knowledge --- is refreshing.

A little HUMILITY and "I'm still not certain" is not a bad thing for a politician or a scientist.. I LIKE humility..

Now watch the arrogance of folks defending Darwin.. Even tho they probably have no concept of what he DIDN'T know --- that's been discovered since his death..

When you fly in an airplane your existence literally depends on science... thank science for that ( or whatever god , godess or gods you wish to worship, given plethora of religious beliefs ) .
Then that would be God and not science?? Thought so.

At the .40 mark

In your opinion...

No , not in my opinion !!! I've never been to a doctor who says :
Don't worry my son , I have no knowledge of medicine but I am guided by the wholy scriptures, so hush and have faith while you are under my scalpel , it is the hand of God that guides me.

At the .40 mark

In your opinion...

No , not in my opinion !!! I've never been to a doctor who says :
Don't worry my son , I have no knowledge of medicine but I am guided by the wholy scriptures, so hush and have faith while you are under my scalpel , it is the hand of God that guides me.

Kinda full of yourself. Huh??

And yours does??

I don't, I just don't believe it's the be all end all of all things...

At the .40 mark

Propagating ignorance and rejecting science is not overrated especially when someone is as brilliant and as grounded in science as Ben Carson is. He really needs to speak to this claim.

As a scientist and as the frontrunner to the Republican nomination he has an obligation to speak about his beliefs and why he is rejecting the things he learned in his scientific education.

Evolution is NOT a key fundamental for a neurosurgeon. ANY neurosurgeon today knows more about the human body and biology than Darwin did. Evolution has hardly any medical bearing on technique or process of being a doctor.

AND Darwin didn't have a clue as to the MECHANISM of evolution which is in the genetics of beings. And he is NOT the ultimate authority of what we NOW know about evolution. That it can be rapid or slow or even manipulated. And NEWER knowledge postulates that there were periods of BLAZING fast specie creation and evolution. All triggered by a variety of events such as Cosmic ray storms, Chemical changes in the environment, even EXTREME stress. These fall into the realm of "Acts of God" under an AllState Insurance Policy.

So HUMILITY in a scientist -- where they are not BEATING YOU UP with approved versions of orthodox science and whacking you with Darwin as the "end all and be all" of evolution knowledge --- is refreshing.

A little HUMILITY and "I'm still not certain" is not a bad thing for a politician or a scientist.. I LIKE humility..

Now watch the arrogance of folks defending Darwin.. Even tho they probably have no concept of what he DIDN'T know --- that's been discovered since his death..

You can't dismiss the developed knowledge and esteem of Pythagoras, Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin, or Meindl. They all laid the groundwork and foundation for deeply respected science and by virtue of that work we are where we are today.

The knowledge that we have today is heads over what we learned 25 years ago and today, aided by computer technology, 25 years from now will be more like 50 years in the speed in which we are learning new things. Fundamentals rarely change and what we have learned over time is in direct contradiction to what is taught by the bible.

It has nothing at all to do with humility and has more to do with fact and reality and the conflict of knowledge and faith. The difficulty of resolving that conflict is what we face. For scientifically inclined individuals this is an easy leap, for religious inclined individuals it is a mountain that cannot be climbed.

At the .40 mark

Flac,
Science is a body of knowledge which evolves, just as gravitational theory was updated with Einstein's relativity theory , so has evolution theory been updated with new findings.
True , a neurosurgeon doesn't actually need evolution , just as a rocket scientist doesn't require the relativity theory, but Carson's claims are as outrageous as having a rocket scientist say Einstein's findings are a Satan's invention.
Also, while Darwin did not know about the mechanisms he could certainly see the effects ( just as we are clueless about the mechanics of dark matter , but we can see its effects). Darwin was not the end of the evolution theory , but rather the starting point.
Now to be slightly scientific : to call the evolution theory a creation of the "enemy" one should at least try to give any proof whatsoever of the existence of the aforementioned "enemy"... which is the part which so irritates me comming from someone with a scientific background.

This is the reason the establishment isnt concerned about him. He is a dumbass they can eliminate anytime they want.

At the .40 mark

He's getting those thumper votes.

You can't dismiss the developed knowledge and esteem of Pythagoras, Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin, or Meindl. They all laid the groundwork and foundation for deeply respected science and by virtue of that work we are where we are today.

The knowledge that we have today is heads over what we learned 25 years ago and today, aided by computer technology, 25 years from now will be more like 50 years in the speed in which we are learning new things. Fundamentals rarely change and what we have learned over time is in direct contradiction to what is taught by the bible.

It has nothing at all to do with humility and has more to do with fact and reality and the conflict of knowledge and faith. The difficulty of resolving that conflict is what we face. For scientifically inclined individuals this is an easy leap, for religious inclined individuals it is a mountain that cannot be climbed.

Groundwork in science is recognized for what it WAS. Unique thinking given the tools of the time. If you showed Darwin a jar full of 20 new species of fruit flies that didn't exist LAST WEEK --- his head would explode. Yet -- that's how far we've come.

So --- when you work in science -- Humility is a DAMN good thing. Doctors learn that when they face suffering patients and have to say "I don't know"... My respect for people of faith is that they are VERY HUMBLE about what they know. And don't have near the arrogance of the leftist anti-religious secular humanists who think that man (in any generation) is the ultimate source of justice, wisdom and answers.

It's just a rare and desirable quality compared to the retail politics of today..

Last edited:

Flac,
Science is a body of knowledge which evolves, just as gravitational theory was updated with Einstein's relativity theory , so has evolution theory been updated with new findings.
True , a neurosurgeon doesn't actually need evolution , just as a rocket scientist doesn't require the relativity theory, but Carson's claims are as outrageous as having a rocket scientist say Einstein's findings are a Satan's invention.
Also, while Darwin did not know about the mechanisms he could certainly see the effects ( just as we are clueless about the mechanics of dark matter , but we can see its effects). Darwin was not the end of the evolution theory , but rather the starting point.
Now to be slightly scientific : to call the evolution theory a creation of the "enemy" one should at least try to give any proof whatsoever of the existence of the aforementioned "enemy"... which is the part which so irritates me comming from someone with a scientific background.

Yeah -- SO? If you watch the entire clip -- he wants to take a whack at expounding on the concepts. Referenced writing a book. I can hold my fire until then. In the meantime, I'll refrain from using Darwin as proof that man knows all about the origins of life. Doesn't mean I invoke God or the Devil.. But I'm still stuck on the arrogance of the "Big Bang" where all matter/energy in the universe existed on the head of a pin. Takes a LOT MORE "faith" and arrogance to swallow that whole...

Groundwork in science is recognized for what it WAS. Unique thinking given the tools of the time. If you showed Darwin a jar full of 20 new species of fruit flies that didn't exist LAST WEEK --- his head would explode. Yet -- that's how far we've come.

So --- when you work in science -- Humility is a DAMN good thing. Doctors learn that when they face suffering patients and have to say "I don't know"... My respect for people of faith is that they are VERY HUMBLE about what they know. And don't have near the arrogance of the leftist anti-religious secular humanists who think that man (in any generation) is the ultimate source of justice, wisdom and answers.

It's just a rare and desirable quality compared to the retail politics of today..

Science as developed from the fathers of science wouldn't exist save the groundwork. Yes, humility is a wonderful trait but not so wonderful when it is used to discourage weighing scientific evidence that might debunk a heavily favored religious preference to fact. Humility is an important virtue but it should be carefully used, is it more important to say I don't know? or is it more important to demand answers? Maybe its modesty we should seek instead of humility

If the President believes Darwin ism is from the Devil, would that President try to shut down important scientific research? The only question that is relevant is whether he would allow his beliefs to harm scientific research in this country.

Forum List

Back