🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson refers to slaves as "immigrants"

Thank you, well my oh my. Obama said they no doubt found inspiration ? It's like I said, the left sees Carson as an "uncle tom" and judge him before he ever opens his mouth. He cant say anything right to them.

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.
Obama also referred to slaves as 'immigrants'
No he didn't. Obama didn't say anything about slaves. Many Africans came here as refugees and some ot the earliest arrivals came as indentured servants. WHen Obama said " in their own way they were immigrants themselves" it could have been ini that context. But hey, I am not going to give Obama a free pass here. Although it isn;t clear, if he did infer that slaves were immigrants in any contect, he was as wrong as Carson according to the comparison of term I posted in post #256. Obama is human and made a few verbal gaffs too. His error, if that is what he meant, doesn't validate Carson's error!
Obama didn't say anything about slaves?

"And perhaps, like some of you, these new arrivals might have had some moments of doubt, wondering if they had made a mistake in leaving everything and everyone they ever knew behind. So life in America was not always easy. It wasn’t always easy for new immigrants. Certainly it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily, and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more."

As noted above:
Many Africans came here as refugees and some ot the earliest arrivals came as indentured servants.
And the price of tea in China is...........

You leftards got busted in your faux outrage. You are clowns, time to move onto your next faux outrage item. I heard Dr Carson used to watch I Love Lucy more than the Sanford Sons.

Dumbass, slaves were not immigrants.
Tell Obama that, he said the same thing.
When? I never heard or read anything from you Repub-LIE Cons about that?
Why would anyone on the right whine about Obama calling slaves immigrants, dufus? It's true, they were immigrants.
Because your HUD token Negro was on the spot lookiig like a goofball so you snowflake apologists went digging into the archives to find Obama saying something similar. Well, so what? they were both wrong!
No, they were both right.

Nobody even blinked when Obama did it 11 times, because he is right.
You leftards and your faux outrage just got busted yet again.
I don't believe Obama said that 11 times. And I=don't care if he did. He was wrong if he actually meant saves were immigrants. Forced migration of millions of people is not immigration, DOPE! Those are two different words with two different meanings.

Why would anyone on the right whine about Obama calling slaves immigrants, dufus? It's true, they were immigrants.
Because your HUD token Negro was on the spot lookiig like a goofball so you snowflake apologists went digging into the archives to find Obama saying something similar. Well, so what? they were both wrong!

I don't believe Obama said that 11 times. And I=don't care if he did. He was wrong if he actually meant saves were immigrants. Forced migration of millions of people is not immigration, DOPE! Those are two different words with two different meanings.
Dufus can't click a link to USA Today.

Go talk to Webster if you want to change the definition.

The slave narrative and immigrant narrative are two entirely different experiences.

Slaves were ripped from their families and their homes and forced against their will after being sold into slavery by slave traders.

The Immigrants made the choice to come to America. The two experiences should never be intertwined.

So the actual meaning of words amount to nothing in your mind if it conflicts with your libtard "narratives"?

You are an imbecile.
:lol:

This is exactly the bestest of best responses to that quote -

cause, ya know what BO-EEE?

THAT WAS A QUOTE FROM BEN CARSON!!

Gotcha!
Dr Carson made Obama call slaves immigrants 11 times?
Why did he do that?
Is this your attempt to fluff up Bo-eeee after his big flub?

Nice try. :lol:

And Mr. Kookistan, Obama didn't call slaves immigrants 11 times.

You were taken in by a headline from the kooks at the the Federalists.

Flub flubbery.

No one went ballistic on Obama though, calling him a dope. Obviously then, it wasn't the words that were offensive. Obama is protected by the media and a conservative would be attacked for saying the same thing
because , 'nod nod wink wink... everybody knows them conservatives are rascist'

The slave narrative and immigrant narrative are two entirely different experiences.

Slaves were ripped from their families and their homes and forced against their will after being sold into slavery by slave traders.

The Immigrants made the choice to come to America. The two experiences should never be intertwined.

So the actual meaning of words amount to nothing in your mind if it conflicts with your libtard "narratives"?

You are an imbecile.

Gotcha!
Why did he do that?

Flub flubbery.
Why do you need to lie?

Like Ben Carson, President Obama also compared slaves to 'immigrants'

11 Times Barack Obama Compared Slaves To Immigrants

Note To Ben Carson Bashers: When Obama Called Slaves 'Immigrants,' You Showered Him With Praise

Ben Carson's immigrant/slave speech is remarkably similar to an address Obama gave last year

FLASHBACK: Obama Called Slaves ‘Immigrants Themselves’ Who Hoped to Build a Better Life

You are an imbecile.

Gotcha!
Why did he do that?

Flub flubbery.
Why do you need to lie?

Note To Ben Carson Bashers: When Obama Called Slaves 'Immigrants,' You Showered Him With Praise

Ben Carson's immigrant/slave speech is remarkably similar to an address Obama gave last year

FLASHBACK: Obama Called Slaves ‘Immigrants Themselves’ Who Hoped to Build a Better Life

What? you mean Obama got praise for saying the same thing? your not hinting that news journalists are biased are you?

You are an imbecile.

Gotcha!
Why did he do that?

Flub flubbery.
Why do you need to lie?

11 Times. lol

That nutjobbery from the Federalist is a hoot. Anyone who read that article thinking the title was accurate is well...forestgump....Special.

The only two quotes from Obama on that page that even mention the word immigrant are these:

"So life in America was not always easy. It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. Certainly, it wasn't easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more."

and this one:

"We say it so often, we sometimes forget what it means — we are a nation of immigrants.

Unless you are one of the first Americans, a Native American, we are all descended from folks who came from someplace else — whether they arrived on the Mayflower or on a slave ship, whether they came through Ellis Island or crossed the Rio Grande."

The rest are all just variations of this, mentioning ancestors:

"We didn’t raise the Statue of Liberty with its back to the world; we raised it with its light to the world. Whether your ancestors came here on the Mayflower or a slave ship; whether they signed in at Ellis Island or they crossed the Rio Grande — we are one people."

If you are having trouble understanding the difference, have a middle-schooler explain it to you.

You are an imbecile.

Gotcha!
Why did he do that?

Flub flubbery.
Why do you need to lie?

Only difference is Barrak Obama is a better, smoother speaker than carson but yeah, they both said the same thing. Ben carson didnt deny that they came over in slave ships, he pointed it out in his speech.
Seems to me, both of them have a right to make this speech, by left wing standards. They are both African American, and if anything, when you compare both their lives, Carson had much more to overcome, more obstacles and has performed several"firsts" for an African American in the medical field.

What they both said can be viewed as technically Right, or Wrong, depending on someones demeanor at the time ( obviously that must account for the desparity in reviews between the two)
My whole point is , Carson should have been corrected in a respectful way, but of course all this, ALL of this is just playing politics.

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.
No he didn't. Obama didn't say anything about slaves. Many Africans came here as refugees and some ot the earliest arrivals came as indentured servants. WHen Obama said " in their own way they were immigrants themselves" it could have been ini that context. But hey, I am not going to give Obama a free pass here. Although it isn;t clear, if he did infer that slaves were immigrants in any contect, he was as wrong as Carson according to the comparison of term I posted in post #256. Obama is human and made a few verbal gaffs too. His error, if that is what he meant, doesn't validate Carson's error!

"And perhaps, like some of you, these new arrivals might have had some moments of doubt, wondering if they had made a mistake in leaving everything and everyone they ever knew behind. So life in America was not always easy. It wasn’t always easy for new immigrants. Certainly it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily, and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more."

As noted above:
Many Africans came here as refugees and some ot the earliest arrivals came as indentured servants.

You leftards got busted in your faux outrage. You are clowns, time to move onto your next faux outrage item. I heard Dr Carson used to watch I Love Lucy more than the Sanford Sons.
I am not a leftie but I'll help them fight
the likes of idiots like you and Trump. Here is what Carson said:
A SPEECH IN WHIICH BEN CARSON SAID said:
That's what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity," Carson said in his speech. "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land."

The entire narrative of his speech is insane. he didn't just touch on the notion that slaves were immigrants he jumped in with both feet and elaborated on his fantasy. With rose colored glasses covering the far away look in his eyes, Carson leaned his head back, opened his mouth wide and left little doubt as to why he should have stuck with surgery.

Carson was talking about slaves..there is no dismissing the subjects in his narrative as anything else. And when he said they worked harder for less, I was still not too bothered by that . But when he said :"they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons
granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land," I knew the news media would record the reactions of Black pundits on that one. Carson went too far. He dared to go where even Obama feared to go. Obama 's remark can be dismissed as an inference to something else or just a slight oversight. But Carson made a fool of himself. What is more preposterous than the notion that slaves in the bottom of a slave ship would be entertaining thoughts about their descendants pursuing prosperity and happiness in this land. Hell, they had no idea where the fuck they were going. Carson deserves this:

aa9.png

As noted above:

That's what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity," Carson said in his speech. "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land."

The entire narrative of his speech is insane. he didn't just touch on the notion that slaves were immigrants he jumped in with both feet and elaborated on his fantasy. With rose colored glasses covering the far away look in his eyes, Carson leaned his head back, opened his mouth wide and left little doubt as to why he should have stuck with surgery.

Carson was talking about slaves..there is no dismissing the subjects in his narrative as anything else. And when he said they worked harder for less, I was still not too bothered by that . But when he said :"they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons
granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land," I knew the news media would record the reactions of Black pundits on that one. Carson went too far. He dared to go where even Obama feared to go. Obama 's remark can be dismissed as an inference to something else or just a slight oversight. But Carson made a fool of himself. What is more preposterous than the notion that slaves in the bottom of a slave ship would be entertaining thoughts about their descendants pursuing prosperity and happiness in this land. Hell, they had no idea where the fuck they were going. Carson deserves this:

aa9.png
Your faux outrage is most entertaining.

Carson is a fuckin idiot and completely removed from his linage and brains

Why don't you guys look at what he actually was saying instead of mincing someones words? Could he have used a better definition? I guess so, because there are people looking for any reason to skew someone else over race, no matter what their intentions were.
Excuses, excuses....this isn't the first time this moron has come out with stupid shit to say else he'd get a pass.....Carson is just stupid and out of touch with reality.....he needs to take his black ass back to medicine and pray he doesn't fuck it up after being in politics for so long.
You do realize Obama said the same thing? So thanks for admitting he is a dumb mother fucker too.
I am not sure he was referring to slaves but if he did, he was wrong... Ignorance is not being dumb...it is lack of understanding!

As noted above:

aa9.png

Faux outrage? Wtf is that???

As noted above:

aa9.png

Faux outrage? Wtf is that???
I love it when the lefties have been inevitably busted in their own lie. The smell of fear is invigorating.

Dufus can't click a link to USA Today.

Go talk to Webster if you want to change the definition.
I did and Webster told me to tell you to go to hell! BTW he agreed with me!

Forum List

Back