Ben Carson

Maybe we need to look outside the click of "national-level politicians."
I would argue that it hasn't been working out so well for us as of late.

I don't think Carson is the guy, but maybe there is one out there.

I think Carson is a great story, but what if he happens to have one of those legendary temper tantrums at the wrong time?

I could understand maybe going with a non-politician business type if we had an outstanding candidate. But a President doesn't have the absolute power that a corporate executive has. Like it or not, politics does come into play and a "my way or the highway" personality will not succeed

Raises a good question: If you are going to "move the system in the right direction," do you need an understanding of that system?

I'd think you probably do.

(and I probably should have said clique)

Had a strong showing in the CPAC straw poll. He's strong conservative, who is NOT a career politician. Does he have what it takes to be a good candidate for president??

Hmm. How would he handle the present situation with Putin?

More importantly, how would he have handled the situation six months ago, when Ukraine was starting to have internal fighting and Putin hadn't jumped in yet?

lol...aren't this loser's 15 minutes up yet?

Carson may be a brilliant surgeon but he lacks the social skills and intelligence to be anything more than one more black face in the sea of whities that makes up the Republican Party.
Ironic, coming from someone so lacking in those very social skills.

And when I think "unintelligent", the next word that pops into my head is "neurosurgeon".:lol:

You miss that part?

Like I posted in this thread..he comes off as a sociopath reciting right wing talking points.

Additionally doctors make poor politicians, just as I imagine politicians would make poor doctors.

Like if I need brain surgery? Carson's my guy.

President? Not so much.

Well he's apparently calling Dr. Carson an idiot Savant.

So you think being a surgeon disqualifies anyone from candidacy. I believe you're in the minority on that one.

How many Hollywood celebrities are front row center on every Democratic issue?

You mean like Ronald Reagan
Ted Nugent
Clint Eastwood
Arnold Schwarzenegger

But your point is well taken - both parties like to trot out their "celebrities." As if that makes the platform and policies more appealing ????????

I think Carson is a great story, but what if he happens to have one of those legendary temper tantrums at the wrong time?

I could understand maybe going with a non-politician business type if we had an outstanding candidate. But a President doesn't have the absolute power that a corporate executive has. Like it or not, politics does come into play and a "my way or the highway" personality will not succeed

1) A corporate executive does not have absolute power.

2) My way or the highway personality doesn't work. You're right. Obama is proof of that.

Ironic, coming from someone so lacking in those very social skills.

And when I think "unintelligent", the next word that pops into my head is "neurosurgeon".:lol:

You miss that part?

Like I posted in this thread..he comes off as a sociopath reciting right wing talking points.

Additionally doctors make poor politicians, just as I imagine politicians would make poor doctors.

President? Not so much.

So you think being a surgeon disqualifies anyone from candidacy. I believe you're in the minority on that one.

No..nothing it seems, disqualifies a person from being a candidate.

Not a criminal record..nothing.

I am starting to think that is kinda wrong. Maybe one should get some license to practice politics. Doctors need them. Lawyers need them. Heck, drivers need them.

Politicians deal with a number of issues, but mainly they legislate.

I have more faith in someone familiar with the law, sociology, foreign policy and/or the military than I do someone who practices medicine.

It's a field totally devoid of any skills required by a politician.

Had a strong showing in the CPAC straw poll. He's strong conservative, who is NOT a career politician. Does he have what it takes to be a good candidate for president??

Hmm. How would he handle the present situation with Putin?

More importantly, how would he have handled the situation six months ago, when Ukraine was starting to have internal fighting and Putin hadn't jumped in yet?

I believe we're going to get to know Dr. Carson better over the course of time. Right now he's a compelling character, but to answer your question, I'd trust him in any situation before I'd trust Obama.

2) My way or the highway personality doesn't work. You're right. Obama is proof of that.

1. Seems you've never worked for a corporation.
2. Obama's never practiced that. TARP, the Stimulus package, the ACA, and the Sequester are proof of that.

You miss that part?

President? Not so much.

I am starting to think that is kinda wrong. Maybe one should get some license to practice politics. Doctors need them. Lawyers need them. Heck, drivers need them.

I have more faith in someone familiar with the law, sociology, foreign policy and/or the military than I do someone who practices medicine.

A president doesn't legislate, Sallow. And I hope you were kidding about politicians needing licenses.

A president doesn't legislate, Sallow. And I hope you were kidding about politicians needing licenses.

They don't?

:lol:

They push through political agendas and sign bills into law.

While you may not have to know ANYTHING about the law (Bush/Reagan are proof of that) to sign a bill, it does help.

2. Obama's never practiced that. TARP, the Stimulus package, the ACA, and the Sequester are proof of that.

Enlighten me. Who has absolute power in a corporation?

Obama has never compromised on anything.

They don't?

While you may not have to know ANYTHING about the law (Bush/Reagan are proof of that) to sign a bill, it does help.

The term legislate refers to making law. That is supposed outside of the president's jurisdiction, but Obama is a lawless president, so he's not a good example.

Enlighten you about what?

Most executives have a great deal of power in corporations. If you told to do something or follow a policy and you refuse? You will be fired on the spot. That's pretty absolute. In a corporation you can be fired for insubordination. And immediately. I've actually seen it happen.

And you weren't paying attention.

-Obama initially wanted the stimulus to be 1.2 trillion. Republicans cut that in half and added tax cuts. Obama agreed.

-Obama initially wanted Single Payer, then a Public Option. Instead a committee made up of equal parts Democrats and Republicans floated the Individual Mandate, an idea cooked up by the Heritage Foundation, floated by Bob Dole and used by Mitt Romney. Obama agreed.

-Obama didn't mess with TARP at all, and that was passed by Republicans.

-Obama met with Republicans more than half way on the "Grand Bargain" and threw chained CPI into the mix. Republicans got everything they wanted and still walked away. To avoid a default, Obama gave them the "Sequester" which they agreed too.

Seriously..do you know what compromise is?

They don't?

The term legislate refers to making law. That is supposed outside of the president's jurisdiction, but Obama is a lawless president, so he's not a good example.

Ah so..when Reagan pushed through an agenda of cutting regulations, unilaterally firing Union members, secretly funding the contras and making secret deals with terrorists in Iran, that was keeping with the law?

Or when Bush walked away from the ABM treaty, pushed tax cuts for the wealthy in through reconciliation, secretly bypassed the FISA court..that was in keeping with the law?

Not sure what you mean by "lawlessness".

Most executives have a great deal of power in corporations. If you told to do something or follow a policy and you refuse? You will be fired on the spot. That's pretty absolute. In a corporation you can be fired for insubordination. And immediately. I've actually seen it happen.

-Obama initially wanted the stimulus to be 1.2 trillion. Republicans cut that in half and added tax cuts. Obama agreed.

-Obama initially wanted Single Payer, then a Public Option. Instead a committee made up of equal parts Democrats and Republicans floated the Individual Mandate, an idea cooked up by the Heritage Foundation, floated by Bob Dole and used by Mitt Romney. Obama agreed.

-Obama met with Republicans more than half way on the "Grand Bargain" and threw chained CPI into the mix. Republicans got everything they wanted and still walked away. To avoid a default, Obama gave them the "Sequester" which they agreed too.

Define an executive.
Executive is a vague and loose term.
Explain what their job title does and is.

They don't?

Ah so..when Reagan pushed through an agenda of cutting regulations, unilaterally firing Union members, secretly funding the contras and making secret deals with terrorists in Iran, that was keeping with the law?

Or when Bush walked away from the ABM treaty, pushed tax cuts for the wealthy in through reconciliation, secretly bypassed the FISA court..that was in keeping with the law?

So your thesis if Johnny steals candy and lies about it is OK for Barry to do the same thing.
5 year olds make those arguments, not valid past 1st grade.

So your thesis if Johnny steals candy and lies about it is OK for Barry to do the same thing.
5 year olds make those arguments, not valid past 1st grade.

I am talking about real stuff here..guy.

Not your 5 year old pals Johnny and Barry that exist only in your head.

Define an executive.
Executive is a vague and loose term.
Explain what their job title does and is.

It isn't a vague term at all.

It's English.

Crack open a dictionary some time.

They don't?

Obama is lawless because he’s a democrat; Bush wasn’t lawless because he was a republican.

Forum List

Back