Ben Franklin Said It Best

Just imagine back in the '80s if the federal government would have treated AIDS like the same way they have treated covid 19 shut down every gay hotspot their would not have been any spread of aids
If HIV was transmittable just by being in proximity to someone who has unknowingly contracted it perhaps they would have.

Those who think a temporary modification of their behavior is somehow a threat to their rights aren't understanding the old saying…

Nobody is talking about “a temporary modification of their behavior”. What we are talking about, here, is a very real threat, to most people's ability to earn a living, to meet our basic survival needs.

This is only going to last for maybe 4 more weeks.

And people are getting unemployment, states have put protections in place for renters, banks are working with mortgage holders, small businesses will soon be getting a forgivable loan of 2.5 times their average monthly payroll costs

This is a TEMPORARY situation

One good thing that might come out of this is that people will finally see that they should be saving more and spending less

Tyrants just love gullible, ignorant, compliant sheep such as yourself that believe whatever they are told.

And people are getting unemployment, states have put protections in place for renters, banks are working with mortgage holders, small businesses will soon be getting a forgivable loan of 2.5 times their average monthly payroll costs

Of course, if you had even the most basic grasp of economics, then you would understand the sustainability of a situation—even temporarily—in which the vast majority are at home, idle, with only a small minority actually working, and producing wealth.

Tyrants just love gullible, ignorant, compliant sheep such as yourself that believe whatever they are told.

Of course, if you had even the most basic grasp of economics, then you would understand the sustainability of a situation—even temporarily—in which the vast majority are at home, idle, with only a small minority actually working, and producing wealth.

You don't understand the PPP program do you?

The loan is only forgivable if 75% or more of the money is used to keep people on payroll

And believe me I am not one to follow blindly.

To me it is common sense that slowing the spread of the virus is prudent.

Our medical system has some glaring flaws which i have spoken of before. The worst being that the entire system is designed to be run at or near 100% capacity at all times. This error manifests itself in a lack of flexibility and an inability to handle any situation that greatly increases the need for medical services for any length of time.

Knowing this it seems to me to be a prudent thing to slow the spread of the virus so as not to overwhelm our medical service industry.

I don't need the fucking government to tell me that

It's painfully obvious in this thread (and others) that many don't believe in unalienable rights.
Inquiring minds, then, want to know, where you believe rights come from? Are rights even a part of your vocabulary in other than a disparaging attempt to look.... like whatever. Maybe esoteric? Eccentric? Superior to another?

Let's look at some facts. We can start with The Declaration of Independence.
"We hold these truths to be self evident". Apparently many don't, yet they want to use the words the Declaration of Independence used to create the constitution which made use of the words in the first ten amendments. e.g. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution
, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

But, too, very few even know the constitution is, never mind what it says. Some are vaguely familiar with it, but, only vaguely. Again, inquiring minds ask, why? Do you believe you have the right to remain ignorant about what is supposed to be the rules for the governers? Of course you do. Where did you get that right? I don't recollect seeing that in the rules. Can it be pointed out? Or, could it be, you believe in inherent rights when they favor your ignorance but don't believe in them when they don't? Politicians are really good at that. Have any of you ever read anything than godvernment approved material? If so, how can you come to the ignorant conclusions expressed? If not, why?

The loan is only forgivable if 75% or more of the money is used to keep people on payroll
Forgivable by whom? Your kids, kids, kids, kids will be held accountable for the wasteful spending (confiscated by threat of force, the user fees removed from their earnings) today.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered. Look up the word, it helps the looker remember.

Seems to me people don't understand that with rights come responsibilities.

Where in our laws does it say you can exercise your rights if you are actually infringing on the rights of others?

Take the Second for example I agree that it gives any citizen the right to keep and bear firearms but what it does not do is give anyone the right to fire that gun anywhere at any time. In fact the law very clearly defines when and where a firearm can be legally discharged.

Forgivable by whom? Your kids, kids, kids, kids will be held accountable for the wasteful spending (confiscated by threat of force, the user fees removed from their earnings) today.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered. Look up the word, it helps the looker remember.

I don't have kids.

And I never used the word free once did I?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Large groups of people aren't that essential for a few weeks if the alternative is unchecked spread of the virus. Getting past the curve is more than just a little temporary safety.
The payment from each of us from getting paid by the government even though it is ours is the loss of freedoms. When we were a Republic though, we were crude with each other. We then became a Democracy with all people elegable to vote and elected men and women who promised goodies. Embedded in many bills and laws enacted were losses of rights and executive orders to corral men and women in dire times. Some were in the front of us. The police are authoritarian as we see them now in many areas. It is not a laughing matter. And people who have been empowered now can and many will lose that if things get bad enough. New leadership will have to train the best of us to compete in a new world with other nations having more power then now.

In today's vernacular, at the end of the day,Ben Franklin, did say it best- otherwise someone, among the erudite, pseudo intellectual audience, would have posted a contrary saying. But, they haven't. Imagine that.

I don't have kids.
Many people do. So, other peoples kids will be held accountable. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

As for free, no, you didn't use the word directly. Notice I asked forgiven by whom? You didn't answer. Why?
Forgiving a loan, or even part of it implies it's free- free is unencumbered. Read the contracts of the borrower and tell us how unencumbered 75% is?

In today's vernacular, at the end of the day,Ben Franklin, did say it best- otherwise someone, among the erudite, pseudo intellectual audience, would have posted a contrary saying. But, they haven't. Imagine that.
Ignoring the actual context of Franklin's quote is pseudo intellectualism

I don't have kids.
Many people do. So, other peoples kids will be held accountable. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

As for free, no, you didn't use the word directly. Notice I asked forgiven by whom? You didn't answer. Why?
Forgiving a loan, or even part of it implies it's free- free is unencumbered. Read the contracts of the borrower and tell us how unencumbered 75% is?

Where did I say I was getting any money?

But shit if the fucking government is going to bail out any businesses I'd rather see it help out small business rather than the corporate masters of the politicians.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Large groups of people aren't that essential for a few weeks if the alternative is unchecked spread of the virus. Getting past the curve is more than just a little temporary safety.
The payment from each of us from getting paid by the government even though it is ours is the loss of freedoms. When we were a Republic though, we were crude with each other. We then became a Democracy with all people elegable to vote and elected men and women who promised goodies. Embedded in many bills and laws enacted were losses of rights and executive orders to corral men and women in dire times. Some were in the front of us. The police are authoritarian as we see them now in many areas. It is not a laughing matter. And people who have been empowered now can and many will lose that if things get bad enough. New leadership will have to train the best of us to compete in a new world with other nations having more power then now.

Who told you that we are a democracy?

But shit if the fucking government is going to bail out any businesses I'd rather see it help out small business rather than the corporate masters of the politicians.

well thanks

where i am now the trades are literally having to sneak in/out of jobs for a living, while keeping an eye out for the sheriff

b8c727ab96015db57bea48820180372c.jpg

Q~ will the mods let me post for bail here?

~S~

the concept is easy, even for a farmboy Gdjjr

intellectuals ,imho, are those who turn it into an orwellian dispute

~S~

intellectuals ,imho, are those who turn it into an orwellian dispute
Pseudo intellectuals- they pretend simple English is an esoteric venture- even this 9th grade drop out can see through their bullshit.

Forum List

Back