Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

Hundreds of versions of the myth say the phallus was eaten by fish, but one has her impregnated by his remade out of gold phallus, which never touches her, she HOVERS over it becoming pregnant, and Christians spin that into not being a virgin.

well, to be fair, there's also the years she was married before her husband died......odd fertility goddess to remain a virgin through that......be that as it may, you are completely ignoring the fact that even your article acknowledges she was a virgin because of a fiction of perpetual virginity.........

Much like the "Virgin Mary" myth, tales and fables get told and re-told and the truth of the actual events are lost. So Mary did a bit of boinking and tried to cover her tracks.

there is no ACTUAL atheist reasoning....
Yeah - atheists defer to religious zealots and their tales of talking snakes for lessons in reasoning.
it is wise of you to defer to your superiors.....

Your typical weasel - avoid the issue because you're clueless regarding your religious tales and fables.

Talking snakes, magic gods perpetually angry over fruit theft - no wonder your reality is so skewed.

I don't have to assume myth for biblical accounts of supernatural / magical accounts. The myths announce themselves.

So you can't answer the questions. Just say so and I'll understand.
I answered the question.

You never addressed the talking snake. Further, virgins don't spontaneously impregnate, except in realms of myth and legend.

That conflicts with the beliefs of extremists, but why should your extremist beliefs not be held to a standard of rationality and reason?

What existed before the big bang? Were there gases? Was there matter? If so, who's idea was it that there should be the perfect building blocks for a Universe to exist? Where did all that matter come from?

Atheists would have us believe that a Corvette created its designer and builder rather than a designer and builder creating the Corvette.

Typical nonsense you scoured from extremist websites. Biological organisms evolve. Mechanical components do not.

Further, how would you account for such incompetent "design" on the part of your magical gods?

Where did biological organisms come from again? I missed that part. Rocks and goo (mama and dada)? I'm just curious to hear your wild guess.

Yeah - atheists defer to religious zealots and their tales of talking snakes for lessons in reasoning.
it is wise of you to defer to your superiors.....

Your typical weasel - avoid the issue because you're clueless regarding your religious tales and fables.

Talking snakes, magic gods perpetually angry over fruit theft - no wonder your reality is so skewed.

"The Serpent" (that talked in the Garden of Eden) is a title for the archangel, Satan.

Revelation 20:2, "And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"

Hundreds of versions of the myth say the phallus was eaten by fish, but one has her impregnated by his remade out of gold phallus, which never touches her, she HOVERS over it becoming pregnant, and Christians spin that into not being a virgin.

well, to be fair, there's also the years she was married before her husband died......odd fertility goddess to remain a virgin through that......be that as it may, you are completely ignoring the fact that even your article acknowledges she was a virgin because of a fiction of perpetual virginity.........

Much like the "Virgin Mary" myth, tales and fables get told and re-told and the truth of the actual events are lost. So Mary did a bit of boinking and tried to cover her tracks.

so on one hand we have a woman married for years and you have no trouble claiming she was a virgin, on the other a fourteen year old unmarried woman in a conservative nomadic patriarchal society and you find it unbelievable that she was.....

so on one hand we have a woman married for years and you have no trouble claiming she was a virgin, on the other a fourteen year old unmarried woman in a conservative nomadic patriarchal society and you find it unbelievable that she was.....

You somehow missed the part that your virgin tales are in the context of magic and supernaturalism.

She was found with child by the miraculous, supernatural conception (the Catholics call the Immaculate Conception). No man had known her when she was found with child. Her husband, Joseph, was about to divorce her until a messenger told him the miraculous news. Therefore, she was technically a virgin. I realize that you don't want to believe that but I do and that's all that matters to me, personally.
Only the truly gullible would believe a story like that! If she had never been penetrated by a man then Joseph would have been able to SEE for himself and would not need to be told anything. The fact that an "messenger" had to tell him what he couldn't see for himself proves Mary was penetrated before she hooked up with Joe.

No ... only the truly faithful would believe it. The fact that I don't believe most of the stuff you post proves that I'm not gullible.

Now a gullible person would believe that once upon a time there was absolutely nothing then **Bang - Bam - KaPowee** there was this huge explosion that created an entire Universe complete with suns and moons and planets. Nothing then - **poof** - something.

By the way ... what existed before the "big bang?"
Were there gases just floating around? If so, where did the gases come from? No fair just makin' stuff up either. If you don't know then simply say you don't know. But remember, if you don't know then you can't be certain that Intelligence didn't pre-exist the gases and all matter.
The funny thing is that is exactly what YOU believe!

No thing (God) created everything from nothing.

Now in science, everything is energy in some form and energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So it was all the energy in the universe that went "bang" at the Big Bang, not nothing, because energy IS something!

So you can't answer the questions. Just say so and I'll understand.
I answered the question.

You never addressed the talking snake. Further, virgins don't spontaneously impregnate, except in realms of myth and legend.

That conflicts with the beliefs of extremists, but why should your extremist beliefs not be held to a standard of rationality and reason?

What existed before the big bang? Were there gases? Was there matter? If so, who's idea was it that there should be the perfect building blocks for a Universe to exist? Where did all that matter come from?
Energy.

The First Law of Thermodynamics has PROVEN that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That means that energy always was, is today, and always will be the same total quantity, it can only change form.

/yawn......so, how many horses did Solomon have and what impact did that have on transubstantiation?........

Another strike.
Transubstantiation isn't in the bible.
It's a Catholic doctrine.
You are a disaster.
I don't recall saying it was in the Bible......look closer, can you see me saying that anywhere?......now, here's an important one for you......how many animals were in the Garden of Eden......(personally I don't care, but Hollie really wants to know)......on this issue rests the entire doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church......

Then this is a totally senseless post of yours, as we were talking about your obvious unfamiliarity with scripture.
What is your point, then, of posting a completely random post? To try to change the subject?
Well, I guess I can't blame you.

The oldest religions were shamanism - spirit world and animism- belief in souls.
They date back to around 300,000 BCE

We still to this day have religions that believe in the sprit world and in souls.

Why is that mankind has always had a belief in souls and the spirit world?

Perhaps it was taught by word of mouth by Adam and Eve who were the only ones who had the closest contact with God.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. kjv

Christianity is an extension of Judaism to include all gentiles. It was not appropriated.
The first Christians were Jews.
Christ was Jewish.

I'm a young earth Christian (Bible literalist) and believe that the first pure religion was Adam's relationship with God, the Creator. There were no barriers or traditions to separate Adam from God. The Bible states that the Creator is Christ (Colossians 1:16). The Bible also states that Christ is the Word and that "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God" (John 1:1). Therefore, Christ was from the beginning which means that Adam believed in Christ.

Also, the God that the Israelites followed was also Christ:

1 Corinthians 10:1-4, "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

No other religion on earth preceded God's first contact with man which occurred in the Garden of Eden.
And before Eve was created there was no sin separating Adam from God either! Adam, a biblical archetype who represents all mankind in Genesis, was the only man to know what it's like to be without sin, in a state of physical perfection, and one with God in paradise.

Which brings up an interesting situation.

As you know Adam as the agent of original sin represents all mankind.
And mankind did not fall and become separated from God by sin through Adam's eating the forbidden fruit until AFTER Eve was created.

So if we go back chronologically to a time BEFORE Eve was created we have a period of time where Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise and in spiritual oneness with God.

But even though Adam was without sin and one with God, God himself said that Adam was so "alone" it was "not good."

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Now as you know, we will not have a mate in heaven, only sinless oneness with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So who in their right mind would want to spend an eternity in heaven so "alone" it's "not good?"

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

Last edited:
The oldest religions were shamanism - spirit world and animism- belief in souls.

We still to this day have religions that believe in the sprit world and in souls.

Perhaps it was taught by word of mouth by Adam and Eve who were the only ones who had the closest contact with God.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. kjv

Christianity is an extension of Judaism to include all gentiles. It was not appropriated.
Christ was Jewish.

I'm a young earth Christian (Bible literalist) and believe that the first pure religion was Adam's relationship with God, the Creator. There were no barriers or traditions to separate Adam from God. The Bible states that the Creator is Christ (Colossians 1:16). The Bible also states that Christ is the Word and that "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God" (John 1:1). Therefore, Christ was from the beginning which means that Adam believed in Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4, "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

No other religion on earth preceded God's first contact with man which occurred in the Garden of Eden.
And before Eve was created there was no sin separating Adam from God either! Adam, a biblical archetype who represents all mankind in Genesis, was the only man to know what it's like to be without sin, in a state of physical perfection, and one with God in paradise.

And mankind did not fall and become separated from God by sin through Adam's eating the forbidden fruit until AFTER Eve was created.

So if we go back chronologically to a time BEFORE Eve was created we have a period of time where Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise and in spiritual oneness with God.

But even though Adam was without sin and one with God, God himself said that Adam was so "alone" it was "not good."

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Now as you know, we will not have a mate in heaven, only sinless oneness with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So who in their right mind would want to spend an eternity in heaven so "alone" it's "not good?"

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Andrew Jackson

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

Yep. Another of the deep contradictions that define genesis. Similar to the gods creating a test for A&E that he knew they would fail, the fable later suffers from internal contradictions by different authors.

Christ was Jewish.

- David Pratt

Andrew Jackson

- Isaac Asimov

The principle of "kind after kind" and "seed in itself" is established in the 1st Chapter Genesis. In a spiritual sense, Adam was complete where his relationship with God is concerned but from a fleshly sense, Adam was lacking a mate (the principle established in Genesis 1). Therefore, it would not be possible for Adam to procreate without a mate, Eve.

I answered the question.

Energy.

The First Law of Thermodynamics has PROVEN that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That means that energy always was, is today, and always will be the same total quantity, it can only change form.

Where did the energy come from? For what purpose did it exist?

Only the truly gullible would believe a story like that! If she had never been penetrated by a man then Joseph would have been able to SEE for himself and would not need to be told anything. The fact that an "messenger" had to tell him what he couldn't see for himself proves Mary was penetrated before she hooked up with Joe.

No ... only the truly faithful would believe it. The fact that I don't believe most of the stuff you post proves that I'm not gullible.

Now a gullible person would believe that once upon a time there was absolutely nothing then **Bang - Bam - KaPowee** there was this huge explosion that created an entire Universe complete with suns and moons and planets. Nothing then - **poof** - something.

Were there gases just floating around? If so, where did the gases come from? No fair just makin' stuff up either. If you don't know then simply say you don't know. But remember, if you don't know then you can't be certain that Intelligence didn't pre-exist the gases and all matter.

Now in science, everything is energy in some form and energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So it was all the energy in the universe that went "bang" at the Big Bang, not nothing, because energy IS something!

You can believe that energy created a Universe and all organic life but you can't believe that intelligence had anything to do with it?

Can you demonstrate your hypothesis in a lab setting or are you basing your conclusion on pure conjecture? Have you ever seen energy create a Universe or have you ever seen inorganic materials morph into a living being?

- David Pratt

Andrew Jackson

- Isaac Asimov

The principle of "kind after kind" and "seed in itself" is established in the 1st Chapter Genesis. In a spiritual sense, Adam was complete where his relationship with God is concerned but from a fleshly sense, Adam was lacking a mate (the principle established in Genesis 1). Therefore, it would not be possible for Adam to procreate without a mate, Eve.
That's dodge!
Thank you.

You still can't explain how Adam could have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin, during the time he was without Eve but one with God!!!

Energy.

Where did the energy come from? For what purpose did it exist?
Energy IS! It has been proven with a repeatable experiment that energy can neither created nor destroyed.

You can believe that energy created a Universe and all organic life but you can't believe that intelligence had anything to do with it?

Can you demonstrate your hypothesis in a lab setting or are you basing your conclusion on pure conjecture? Have you ever seen energy create a Universe or have you ever seen inorganic materials morph into a living being?

Have you seen a snake talk or a rib turn into a girl?

Forum List

Back