'Benghazi' report suffers fatal, very stupid flaw

Media Matters is even worse, Lakhota. Give it up you two. Geez.

Maryland Rep Elijah Cummings, the senior Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said the GOP finding was false and lacked a basic understanding of State Department procedure.

The Republican report by the chairs of five congressional committees cites a request from then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz last March 28 to Clinton asking for additional security resources, and a response on April 19 turning down the request that the report says bears Clinton's signature.

In a letter to House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday, Cummings said his staff reviewed the cable in question and said it does not show Clinton’s signature.

He said Clinton's name was typed on it like thousands of other cables sent from the State Department every year.

Top House Democrat calls on Boehner to retract Benghazi report, apologize to Clinton ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
The reason Boehner is not retracting his report is because it is true. Clinton's name was preceded by the word "signature." In State Department Protocol, that is significant in that it means she did write it and read it and issued her signature on it. Her bullshit "I forget" is not going to get her off the responsibility hook this time. She has to own it. If she doesn't, she'll pay a price known as incompetency to hold public office.

Daily Kos: Conspiracy-riddled House Republican 'Benghazi' report suffers fatal, very stupid flaw

"Let's all just savor this, shall we? The House Republicans release a scathing report blaming Hillary Clinton for something-something-Benghazi, because something-something-Benghazi is the newest Fox News conspiracy theory and there's really just nothing, and I mean nothing, that the Congress of the United States of America needs to spend their time on more than Fox News conspiracy theories. That's a given. Darrell Issa exists to investibate those theories. The entire House Oversight Committee has been turned into an episode of Scooby Doo where Obama or Hillary Clinton are behind literally every bad thing that happens in America, from solar companies going bust to children getting cavities." (Big guffaw, here)......"[By tradition], every cable from an embassy bears the “signature” of the ambassador — and every cable from Washington bears the “signature” of the secretary of state. The protocol is explained in the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual: […]
Because of this protocol, “Secretary Clinton ‘signed’ hundreds of thousands of cables during her tenure as secretary,” said State Department spokesman Patrick H. Ventrell. “As then-Secretary Clinton testified, the security cables related to Benghazi did not come to her attention. These cables were reviewed at the assistant secretary level.”]

Yep. The entire House Republican "investigative" team didn't know that, and they didn't check, and/or they didn't listen to Every Damn State Department Employee Who Could Tell Them That. . Has there ever been a Congress more incompetent than this one? I don't mean partisan, or mean, or ineffective—I mean stone-cold incompetent. This is the sort of thing that really should require a public pie in the face for all involved, and the House Republican caucus is just goddamn stupid enough that we could probably get that required public pie-ing passed as actual bill, providing we bury it in some language about continued oil subsidies or free guns to American toddlers.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: It's just too funny for words. Hilary is already leading any potential Republican "hopefuls" for the 2016 election...my guess is her "moxie" will never be matched, by the dimwits jockeying to find their footing. Benghazi is a "no brainer" just like "marriage equality"...there is no traction to be made off of demonizing either, given the general consensus in the country today. I'm jus' sayin'. LOL
Too bad she is so incompetent.

Forum List

Back