Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

Drop taxes and end regulations... Money will flow up to the 1% because they are the owners collecting rents and profits, correct? As that money flows to the 1% and government revenue is decreased, how do we pay for our roads, bridges, education, military etc etc etc? Our economy thrives on economic activity and there is a vacuum at the top sucking all the money into the accounts of a few individuals. How do we get that money back down to the bottom and also take care of our country with this drastically reduced government? Will somebody paint the picture for me?

Drop taxes and end regulations... Money will flow up to the 1% because they are the owners collecting rents and profits, correct?

Cutting taxes and reducing regulations doesn't boost employment? Doesn't boost salaries?

As that money flows to the 1%

How does it flow? Can you paint that picture for me?

Drop taxes and end regulations... Money will flow up to the 1% because they are the owners collecting rents and profits, correct? As that money flows to the 1% and government revenue is decreased, how do we pay for our roads, bridges, education, military etc etc etc? Our economy thrives on economic activity and there is a vacuum at the top sucking all the money into the accounts of a few individuals. How do we get that money back down to the bottom and also take care of our country with this drastically reduced government? Will somebody paint the picture for me?

I'll be glad to. But first you have to be reprogramed in order to understand. We need to get that false liberal thinking out of your head.

Liberals believe we live in a bubble, and in our bubble, there is only so much money.

What that means is that when one has too much, it's the reason others have too little. Those who don't have enough can't get any more money because there is only so much in this bubble.

This is the liberal lie. Money is infinite in this country. If one has to much, it doesn't affect you one bit--it's just a lie that liberal politicians tell you.

You see, if we took every last dollar from every billionaire and millionaire in this country, it doesn't help any of us. We would have just as much money tomorrow as we have today.

If those on the bottom need more money, then they need to work more hours. If the hourly pay is not enough, then they need to learn a trade or skill where their work is more valuable. They need to make sacrifices and be more responsible with their money such as not having children until they are financially secure.

Drop taxes and end regulations... Money will flow up to the 1% because they are the owners collecting rents and profits, correct?

Cutting taxes and reducing regulations doesn't boost employment? Doesn't boost salaries?

Agreed

Yes... Low/Middle Class person gets a paycheck and spends the majority of it on consumable goods... Food, clothing, rent, utilities, etc. that money goes to the property and store owners... These "owners" may be middle/high class depending on where the money is spend. Middle/High class individuals spend a lower percentage of their money on consumable goods and the remainder on assets... Cars, Houses, Vacations, Investments etc... The richer a person is the more $$ they save and invest... Eventually a majority of the money flows through something that is owned by the top earners and the wealth that these people collect is enormous. The status of our economy then becomes very influenced by if and how these people spend their money... Are they creating jobs and feeding the money back to the bottom (which is the hope), are they funding campaigns, feeding the media/advertising industries, spending in other countries, increasing their bottom line by investing in over seas operations? Are you seeing the picture?

Note: if you are going to respond in your normal way, but picking apart elements of my statement and posing endless questions with out any contribution of thought, feedback or ideas then please don't bother... I don't have the energy for it today.

Agreed

Yes... Low/Middle Class person gets a paycheck and spends the majority of it on consumable goods... Food, clothing, rent, utilities, etc. that money goes to the property and store owners... These "owners" may be middle/high class depending on where the money is spend. Middle/High class individuals spend a lower percentage of their money on consumable goods and the remainder on assets... Cars, Houses, Vacations, Investments etc... The richer a person is the more $$ they save and invest... Eventually a majority of the money flows through something that is owned by the top earners and the wealth that these people collect is enormous. The status of our economy then becomes very influenced by if and how these people spend their money... Are they creating jobs and feeding the money back to the bottom (which is the hope), are they funding campaigns, feeding the media/advertising industries, spending in other countries, increasing their bottom line by investing in over seas operations? Are you seeing the picture?

Note: if you are going to respond in your normal way, but picking apart elements of my statement and posing endless questions with out any contribution of thought, feedback or ideas then please don't bother... I don't have the energy for it today.

Agreed

It worked last time, glad you agree it would work again.

Yes... Low/Middle Class person gets a paycheck and spends the majority of it on consumable goods... Food, clothing, rent, utilities, etc. that money goes to the property and store owners...

Those people who have more money, because of the tax cuts, freely spend it on things they need.
Their increased demand requires more production, which requires more inputs, including employees.
More profits, more dividends, more wages.

Middle/High class individuals spend a lower percentage of their money on consumable goods and the remainder on assets

They also now have more to spend as well, from the lower taxes and the increased economic activity.
A higher percentage that's spent on services and things like dining out and vacations.

The richer a person is the more $$ they save and invest...

And the more a person saves and invests, the richer they get. Even lower and middle income people.

The status of our economy then becomes very influenced by if and how these people spend their money... Are they creating jobs and feeding the money back to the bottom

It worked in the 80s.

are they funding campaigns, feeding the media/advertising industries,

It's weird, I know, but people actually earn a living in those industries.

spending in other countries, increasing their bottom line by investing in over seas operations?

It's true, higher taxes and more onerous regulations would push people to move their investable funds to where they are punished less.

Are you seeing the picture?

Yes, reducing taxes and regulations sure sounds beneficial.

Agreed

Agreed

Yes... Low/Middle Class person gets a paycheck and spends the majority of it on consumable goods... Food, clothing, rent, utilities, etc. that money goes to the property and store owners...

Those people who have more money, because of the tax cuts, freely spend it on things they need.
Their increased demand requires more production, which requires more inputs, including employees.

Middle/High class individuals spend a lower percentage of their money on consumable goods and the remainder on assets

They also now have more to spend as well, from the lower taxes and the increased economic activity.
A higher percentage that's spent on services and things like dining out and vacations.

And the more a person saves and invests, the richer they get. Even lower and middle income people.

The status of our economy then becomes very influenced by if and how these people spend their money... Are they creating jobs and feeding the money back to the bottom

It worked in the 80s.

spending in other countries, increasing their bottom line by investing in over seas operations?

It's true, higher taxes and more onerous regulations would push people to move their investable funds to where they are punished less.

Wonderful, Every one of my points is dead wrong and yours are all correct. Im glad we got that straight! Now I can finally sleep at night. Thank you

Middle/High class individuals spend a lower percentage of their money on consumable goods and the remainder on assets... Cars, Houses, Vacations, Investments etc... The richer a person is the more $$ they save and invest... Eventually a majority of the money flows through something that is owned by the top earners and the wealth that these people collect is enormous. The status of our economy then becomes very influenced by if and how these people spend their money

US money and news seems to disagree with you. This is a dated article back when DumBama first took office. Here are just some of the highlights:

The usual economic data doesn't break down spending by income category. But wealthy consumers buy a disproportionate share of stuff, so it makes sense that any rise in spending could be attributed largely or entirely to them. The top 10 percent of earners account for 22 percent of all spending, for instance, according to Moody's Economy.com. The top 25 percent of all earners account for 45 percent of spending. The bottom 50 percent of earners, by contrast, spend just 29 percent of all the money in the consumer economy.

Why Rich Consumers Matter More

Agreed

Agreed

It worked in the 80s.

Wonderful, Every one of my points is dead wrong and yours are all correct. Im glad we got that straight! Now I can finally sleep at night. Thank you

I live to serve.

And doing it all legally because our government allows it to happen. That is the real problem, not businesses wanting preferential treatment, it's Congress that is giving it to them.

The Democrats and Republicans are to blame,mother have the power to enact laws yet are in the back pockets of big business.

The problem is Congress, not business.

No, it's not the real problem, although it is a problem. How come companies have to have the govt decide what is morally right and what isn't. Just because tax legislation is what it is doesn't mean individuals and companies can't turn around and go and say "hey instead of upgrading from my 9 bedroom 12,000sq ft house to a 15 bedroom 15,000sq ft house, I might actually pay my fair share of taxes'. Would be too hard to do and they don't need a govt to tell them to do it. They choose to do it because they're greedy bastards.

No, it's not the real problem, although it is a problem. How come companies have to have the govt decide what is morally right and what isn't.

They don't. Politicians took it upon them selves to decide. Our government was never formed to make "moral" decisions on behalf of anybody.

But this is what happens when you give them that kind of power......too much power. If it were up to liberals, they would tell us what time we were allowed to wake up in the morning, where our thermostat should be set at, what kind of food we will consume for breakfast, and what kind of car we are allowed to drive to work.

Why would it?
Does increased demand boost employment? Which one works better to increase employment?

Will lowered taxes and lowered regs give us 100% employment with everyone making a decent wage? Why?

And doing it all legally because our government allows it to happen. That is the real problem, not businesses wanting preferential treatment, it's Congress that is giving it to them.

The Democrats and Republicans are to blame,mother have the power to enact laws yet are in the back pockets of big business.

No, it's not the real problem, although it is a problem. How come companies have to have the govt decide what is morally right and what isn't. Just because tax legislation is what it is doesn't mean individuals and companies can't turn around and go and say "hey instead of upgrading from my 9 bedroom 12,000sq ft house to a 15 bedroom 15,000sq ft house, I might actually pay my fair share of taxes'. Would be too hard to do and they don't need a govt to tell them to do it. They choose to do it because they're greedy bastards.

Do you take every deduction allowed on your taxes? Do you take the deduction for what you give for charity?

The government is what determines your or my fair share. If you pay what you legally owe, then that is your fair share determined by Congress and state lawmakers.

Like I said it is up to Congress to determine what we pay. They have the power and have sold out to Wall St.

For you to expect someone to pay more on their taxes just because you want them to is greedy. I was stunned when Buffett announced he paid less in taxes on a percentage than his secretary. Buffett, had he wanted to, could have paid more by choice and failed to do so.

He was legal to pay his fair share as determined by Congress.

Why would it?
Does increased demand boost employment? Which one works better to increase employment?

Will lowered taxes and lowered regs give us 100% employment with everyone making a decent wage? Why?

Why would it?

Why wouldn't it?

Does increased demand boost employment?

Sometimes. Does increased production boost employment?

Which one works better to increase employment?

Production.

Will lowered taxes and lowered regs give us 100% employment

No.

Why?

We've never had 100% employment.

with everyone making a decent wage?

What's your definition of decent wage?

Do you take every deduction allowed on your taxes? Do you take the deduction for what you give for charity?

The government is what determines your or my fair share. If you pay what you legally owe, then that is your fair share determined by Congress and state lawmakers.

Like I said it is up to Congress to determine what we pay. They have the power and have sold out to Wall St.

For you to expect someone to pay more on their taxes just because you want them to is greedy. I was stunned when Buffett announced he paid less in taxes on a percentage than his secretary. Buffett, had he wanted to, could have paid more by choice and failed to do so.

He was legal to pay his fair share as determined by Congress.

I was stunned when Buffett announced he paid less in taxes on a percentage than his secretary.

He lied.

I've never understood why this is a compelling argument for conservatives. Sure, he could pay everything he has but it wouldn't make fuck all difference unless the laws were such that everyone else paid the same rates as well.

Poor math
More Selfish Statists drive them offshore.

View attachment 75190

Oh, poor widdle multi billionaires. Can only afford five holiday homes, eight ferarris and 16 bedroom homes instead of seven, 12 and 24-bedroom respectively. Cry me a river.

Poor widdle pea green with envy Grumpus.

The 50% rate applies to upper middle class families in coastal cities making less than $500K per year (likely much lower than that when one adds up Fed, State, SS & Medicare, Property, Sales, and hidden excise taxes).

They don't. Politicians took it upon them selves to decide. Our government was never formed to make "moral" decisions on behalf of anybody.

But this is what happens when you give them that kind of power......too much power. If it were up to liberals, they would tell us what time we were allowed to wake up in the morning, where our thermostat should be set at, what kind of food we will consume for breakfast, and what kind of car we are allowed to drive to work.

Or whether gays can marry or women have abortion...right?

Or his definition.

more selfish millionaires heading off shore. Great help to society.

Too much freedom to move, I guess that's his complaint.

They can do what they like, but when your society turns into those like Africa, parts of Asia and Central America (0.1% uber rich, the rest living in poverty - I mean, after all that is their end game - it's about me, me me, mine, mine, mine) don't bitch and moan about what a shit hole your country is becoming. And don't blame the left. For some reason the right think hoarding wealth, and making money from nothing or doing nothing (Wall St brokers anybody) is somehow admirable. Not saying making wealth and being rich is a bad thing. It's how and what you do with your wealth that matters. Gates and Buffett may be super rich but they certainly share the love. Wall st money movers? Not so much.

Forum List

Back