Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.
This logic isn't hard to figure out. Productivity in the lower classes has skyrocketed in the last few decades yet wages have remained flat. All of the income gains are going to the top earners. Why is this bad besides the obvious? If the middle class continues to shrink, the economy will become destabilized because of inadequate consumer spending. The entire economy can only thrive if the middle class is thriving.

Money naturally flows to the Owners and up to the 1% who own the majority of our businesses.

GDP is $18.2 trillion a year. The top 1% get what, 22% of household income?
You think there is some limited number of dollars available to the lower 99%?
Once the 1% gets a dollar, it goes into hiding?

I'm trying to understand how cutting the government spending and shrinking the economy

Why would cutting government spending shrink the economy?
Your right it would t shrink the economy, it slows its growth.

Yes I think there is more going up to the top earners than is going down, do they not save or spend internationally? Our economy is then dependent on these top earners spending domestically. Do you not think that is a tremendous amount of power and influence for one individual to have?

Why?

Less money enters the economy = less growth potential

do they not save or spend internationally?

Don't you?
Not nearly as much as the 1%

Do you not think that is a tremendous amount of power and influence for one individual to have?

One individual? What are you talking about?
The individuals that own the vast majority of this countries wealth

Why do you think government spending is new money entering the economy?

Why? Because it is... A majority of government spending Is from tax revenue but there is also a chunk that comes from borrowing from the treasury which creates new money along with our banking industry.

Does this "international spending" result in dollars leaving and never returning?

Yes, this is commonly referred to as a deficit.

So you're talking about over 1 million people.
Who made their money legally, providing goods and services demanded by others.
What was the problem with that again?

I'm talking about the 1% and more specifically the .1% that hold as much wealth as the lower 90%. How is that not crazy to you?

And why do you feel the need to argue with every single one of my points? Do you just think I'm a bumbling idiot that has zero valid points?

Why? Because it is...

No, government spending is either taxed or borrowed out of someone else's hands, it's not new money.

If I invest or spend on foreign goods, that money never comes back? Cool.

I'm talking about the 1% and more specifically the .1% that hold as much wealth as the lower 90%. How is that not crazy to you?

People legally earning, saving and investing don't bother me. Why does it bother you?

And why do you feel the need to argue with every single one of my points? Do you just think I'm a bumbling idiot that has zero valid points?

Based on this thread so far, yes.

The left for the most part gets away with telling their followers that the reason
people don't have wealth is that their share was stolen by the wealthy.
And it's up to government to make that right.
So vote Democrat and you will be given what is rightfully yours....
I haven't heard one person say that except for conservatives

Would you like for me to post some statistics on our so called poor? I have them right here in my folder; actually, several of them if you'd like. Not biased either. Some use the US Census data to create those statistics.

Enlighten me.
Income isn't distributed.

It's earned or not earned through various types of behaviors.

Productive versus irresponsible behavior accounts for a large portion of the inequality the leftists are railing against.

--------
True that income is earned but wealth is rewarded... Just look at our tax code. There is a definite advantage given to the wealthy While I see the reason and benefits for some of these incentives/advantages, I also understand the tremendous problem it is causing.

It's not causing any problem because people don't get or stay wealthy because of the tax codes. They get wealthy investing, working, and having businesses.
Wealth distribution is a tremendous problem, I'd put it in the top 3. I don't agree with all of bernies ideas but he hits the nail on the head with this one and our corrupt campaign system. Those two he is right on, you should open your mind to what he is saying.

If there is wealth redistribution, wouldn't somebody or some people have to be in charge of that? And if so, who are these people?
Taxation is wealth redistribution... The fuckers over at the IRS handle it. You know this so why are you asking?

Because I wanted to see you give the wrong answer.

The person in charge of wealth redistribution is you.......not just you, me too.....everybody here.

Sometime this week, you are willingly going to transfer your wealth to the top. You are going to buy that Microsoft program you desired, or you will buy one of their video games for your X-box. Have cable television? Whoops, there goes more of your hard earned money to the top. How about that smart phone of yours? That's right, more of your money to the top. Speaking of cell phones, how much of your money to you pay to the top for the service you are getting?

If you want to see wealth transfers stopped, then stop buying things. Don't buy gas anymore because those oil companies are billionaires. Hungry, wait until you get home. McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar corporation you know. And what are you doing on this internet? If you want to stop your money from going to the top, turn this thing off right now and cancel your internet service.

When I was a kid growing up back in the 70's, our entertainment was outside. In the winter, inside with a 25" color television set with rabbit ears. Only one car was in the family--Dad's. If you got sick of television, there were always books to read or a radio to listen to. That's all we spent our money on.

We have heard the term income inequality a lot over the past few years given that all jobs do not require the same levels of skill and experience and that all people do not have the same level of motivation and determination how would you ever make income equal?
By redistribution.

Why work anymore.

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.
This logic isn't hard to figure out. Productivity in the lower classes has skyrocketed in the last few decades yet wages have remained flat. All of the income gains are going to the top earners. Why is this bad besides the obvious? If the middle class continues to shrink, the economy will become destabilized because of inadequate consumer spending. The entire economy can only thrive if the middle class is thriving.

Productivity in the lower classes has skyrocketed in the last few decades yet wages have remained flat.

How have they become more productive, magic?
If you have any specifics, post them here.

Correct, productivity has increased, but not by people--by machines.

The number one job killer in industry today is automation. Even McDonald's restaurants are turning to automation to cut down on labor. Machines don't have one shift, they work 24/7 with little supervision. Machines don't demand higher wages and you don't have to provide a machine with medical benefits. You just maintain the thing once in a while and repair it when it breaks down from time to time.

Productivity in the lower classes has skyrocketed in the last few decades yet wages have remained flat.

See the link in my signature. It explains everything.

Thanks for the link.
It doesn't explain why productivity has grown.

Try again?

The number one job killer in industry today is automation. Even McDonald's restaurants are turning to automation to cut down on labor. Machines don't have one shift, they work 24/7 with little supervision. Machines don't demand higher wages and you don't have to provide a machine with medical benefits. You just maintain the thing once in a while and repair it when it breaks down from time to time.
Yeah sure automation plays a role, but it's stupid to think that's the sole factor for the increase in productivity. People are still in the workforce you know that right? The economy still depends on human workers regardless of automation. We are talking about a rate that's grown 100%.

Thanks for the link.

Try again?
Um because capital has grown? More people are spending money? Businesses are making higher profits? Do you not understand how capitalism works?

Yeah sure automation plays a role, but it's stupid to think that's the sole factor for the increase in productivity. People are still in the workforce you know that right? The economy still depends on human workers regardless of automation. We are talking about a rate that's grown 100%.

Yeah sure automation plays a role, but it's stupid to think that's the sole factor for the increase in productivity.

What are the other factors? Is it our education system?
Those poor people getting a better education?

Yes I think there is more going up to the top earners than is going down, do they not save or spend internationally? Our economy is then dependent on these top earners spending domestically. Do you not think that is a tremendous amount of power and influence for one individual to have?

Why?

Don't you?

Do you not think that is a tremendous amount of power and influence for one individual to have?

Why? Because it is... A majority of government spending Is from tax revenue but there is also a chunk that comes from borrowing from the treasury which creates new money along with our banking industry.

Does this "international spending" result in dollars leaving and never returning?

Why? Because it is...

No, government spending is either taxed or borrowed out of someone else's hands, it's not new money.

People legally earning, saving and investing don't bother me. Why does it bother you?

Well it sounds like you know it all... I'll stop bugging you

Thanks for the link.

Try again?
Um because capital has grown? More people are spending money? Businesses are making higher profits? Do you not understand how capitalism works?

Um because capital has grown?

Poor workers are investing their capital to increase their productivity?
Or is someone else investing?

Why?

Don't you?

Why? Because it is...

Well it sounds like you know it all... I'll stop bugging you

Sounds good. I'll continue to point out your errors when I see them.

Thanks for the link.

Try again?

Do you even know what you're trying to say? Absolutely nothing I have said has anything to do with poor people investing more money. Obviously they aren't.

Would you like for me to post some statistics on our so called poor? I have them right here in my folder; actually, several of them if you'd like. Not biased either. Some use the US Census data to create those statistics.

Enlighten me.
True that income is earned but wealth is rewarded... Just look at our tax code. There is a definite advantage given to the wealthy While I see the reason and benefits for some of these incentives/advantages, I also understand the tremendous problem it is causing.

It's not causing any problem because people don't get or stay wealthy because of the tax codes. They get wealthy investing, working, and having businesses.
Wealth distribution is a tremendous problem, I'd put it in the top 3. I don't agree with all of bernies ideas but he hits the nail on the head with this one and our corrupt campaign system. Those two he is right on, you should open your mind to what he is saying.

If there is wealth redistribution, wouldn't somebody or some people have to be in charge of that? And if so, who are these people?
Taxation is wealth redistribution... The fuckers over at the IRS handle it. You know this so why are you asking?

Because I wanted to see you give the wrong answer.

The person in charge of wealth redistribution is you.......not just you, me too.....everybody here.

Sometime this week, you are willingly going to transfer your wealth to the top. You are going to buy that Microsoft program you desired, or you will buy one of their video games for your X-box. Have cable television? Whoops, there goes more of your hard earned money to the top. How about that smart phone of yours? That's right, more of your money to the top. Speaking of cell phones, how much of your money to you pay to the top for the service you are getting?

If you want to see wealth transfers stopped, then stop buying things. Don't buy gas anymore because those oil companies are billionaires. Hungry, wait until you get home. McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar corporation you know. And what are you doing on this internet? If you want to stop your money from going to the top, turn this thing off right now and cancel your internet service.

When I was a kid growing up back in the 70's, our entertainment was outside. In the winter, inside with a 25" color television set with rabbit ears. Only one car was in the family--Dad's. If you got sick of television, there were always books to read or a radio to listen to. That's all we spent our money on.
That's one approach... Have everybody stop buying shit, shouldn't be too hard... Or we can work to make a better system by increasing our economic understanding and focusing on creating more oppotunity for our youth, poor and middle class... You rally people on your idea and I'll promote mine and we will see who makes more progress

Thanks for the link.

Try again?

Do you even know what you're trying to say? Absolutely nothing I have said has anything to do with poor people investing more money. Obviously they aren't.

Do you even know what you're trying to say?

Of course.

Absolutely nothing I have said has anything to do with poor people investing more money. Obviously they aren't.

Obviously. Glad we're on the same page.

If a rich business owner invests $1,000,000 on equipment to double a worker's productivity, does that mean the worker should get double the salary?

Thanks for the link.

Try again?

Do you even know what you're trying to say?

Of course.

Absolutely nothing I have said has anything to do with poor people investing more money. Obviously they aren't.

Obviously. Glad we're on the same page.

If a rich business owner invests $1,000,000 on equipment to double a worker's productivity, does that mean the worker should get double the salary?
I think he forgot to take his anti-obnoxious pill today

In most cases you make what you deserve… Of course, lazy people Think differently.

Progressives and their entitlement society of political correctness Are under the illusion of "they are owed something"… LOL
Entitlements are a sliver of the expenses... It amazes me how much weight y'all Put on them to the status of our economy
Are you stupid in the head?
Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security and welfare dominate the spending of this country… All being socialist entitlement programs. Dumbass
LOL

Forum List

Back