Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

And the result is:

Not to mention Walmart's recent $14.5 billion crash.

Oh, look, here's another one!

1017531_813786632017175_1523392316706324007_n.jpg

So, the Liberals want to demonize the Walton Family for having stores that sell things cheaper than other places, and for making huge profits because Americans love to BITCH about Wal Mart and how much money they make WHILE those same people keep giving them their business instead of going somewhere else and paying a little bit more?!

That's a little like the proverbial 300lb FAT guy declaring McDonalds to be 'EVIL' and the reason he is fat when everyday he passes right by the 'Salad Shack' to get to that McDonalds to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

:lmao:

...and don't like the wages Wal Mart pays? THEN DON'T WORK THERE! No one if FORCING anyone to do so. Hold out for a better paying job, or search for one while you work for them a while just to get that better job!

costco-quote.jpg

And the result is:

costco-vs-walmart-2012.jpg

I have had a membership at Costco and Sams for some time. I find that the employees at Costco are considerably nicer and much more helpful. The products and selection at Costco are better too.

Costco has the recipe for success, but few companies follow it.

costco-quote.jpg

And the result is:

I have had a membership at Costco and Sams for some time. I find that the employees at Costco are considerably nicer and much more helpful. The products and selection at Costco are better too.

Costco has the recipe for success, but few companies follow it.

Oh yeah, shopping at Walmart is a truly miserable experience. The workers hate the customers. They're angry under-paid over-worked slaves. Not exactly a recipe for friendly helpful service. I actually feel for em.

:crybaby: "Waaaa....Wal Mart is really Rich and making a lot of Profit!"
:oops: "That's Horrible. Say, where are you going, Bob?"
:crybaby: "I'm going to Wal Mart to pick up some milk."
:oops: "Why aren't you going to 'Grocery World' that's a block from your house?"
:crybaby: "Wal Mart's prices are CHEAPER.:
:confused: "DOH! D@MN WAL MART!"

...you don't HAVE to join and become a member....you don't HAVE to shop at Wal Mart.

Personal choices....personal accountability. What a freakin' concept!? :p

So these folks build a business....
Hire people.....
People shop there and don't seem to have a problem with it.
No one is putting a gun to their heads....

Walmart is a huge success story.....

And Libs have a problem with it.

Why?
The Wal-Mart heirs inherited their wealth.

"So these folks build a business....
The Wal-Mart heirs inherited their wealth.

SO?!

Reign in the financial jealousy! Sorry that all the 'haters' didn't have parents / family that didn't leave THEM a ton of money, but life isn't fair. Get over it!

costco-quote.jpg

And the result is:

LOL

So?

What's your point?
It's self-evident to anyone who can read that chart. For all its cutting corners, treating its employees like shit, selling its customers cheap Chinese imports, and imposing a tax burden on dumbass taxpayers whose response is "I don't care! I want my cheap stuff!" it's still operating at a deficit.

(That's a grownup term for "losing money.")

So they didn't build that business AS YOU FALSELY ASSERTED

The Walton family most certainly did build the store and chains. The new owners were part of starting it up and running it; however, when Sam died and left them the store they ditched his 'only in the USA' pledge in exchange for cheap stuff made all over.

It's STILL THEIR store, it's STILL THEIR money, and it's STILL your personal choice to go or not to go there to shop. Again, rein in the jealousy. Stop saying 'other people have money, and I don't - it's not fair!' Don't like it, don't shop there. Don't like their employee policies / pay, don't work there.

So they didn't build that business AS YOU FALSELY ASSERTED

The Walton family most certainly did build the store and chains. The new owners were part of starting it up and running it; however, when Sam died and left them the store they ditched his 'only in the USA' pledge in exchange for cheap stuff made all over.

It's STILL THEIR store, it's STILL THEIR money, and it's STILL your personal choice to go or not to go there to shop. Again, rein in the jealousy. Stop saying 'other people have money, and I don't - it's not fair!' Don't like it, don't shop there. Don't like their employee policies / pay, don't work there.
You FALSELY asserted the heirs built the business. The did not. And, it's currently run by suits. Sams daughters married guys who own sports franchises. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but your statement was false and overall the heirs contribute little to society in comparison to the brothers.

You FALSELY asserted the heirs built the business. The did not. And, it's currently run by suits. Sams daughters married guys who own sports franchises. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but your statement was false and overall the heirs contribute little to society in comparison to the brothers.

To quote Hillary Clinton, "What does it matter?"

It's Wal Mart's money. It's Wal Part's Policies. It's Wal Mart's prerogative to run their business as they see fit, despite the left's jealousy and demonization.

The Libs can get a million-man march going in DC ... so , why can't they get their shee..., er FOLLOWERS to simply boycott Wal Mart?! Instead of whining, complaining about it, and demonizing Wal Mart, why don't the whiners take personal steps NOT to support them by NOT giving them their business.

I have no respect for a Liberal who cries about how much money someone else has yet still gives them their business. Don't want them to have so much profit? Then stop shopping at Wal Mart.

I don't see how anyone can justify this.
Bernie Sanders says Walmart heirs own more wealth than bottom 40 percent of Americans
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, tweeted a startling statistic to his followers on July 22, 2012: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Sanders speaks and writes frequently about wealth distribution in the U.S., a hot-button issue among liberals and a rallying cry of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

The Waltons, of course, are members of the proverbial 1 percent. But are they really sitting on that much wealth? We decided to check it out.

First, what is wealth?

In economics, wealth is commonly measured in terms of net worth, and it’s defined as the value of assets minus liabilities. For someone in the middle class, that could encompass the value of their 401(k) or other retirement accounts, bank savings and personal assets such as jewelry or cars, minus what they owe on a home mortgage, credit cards and a car note.

It does not include income -- what people earn in wages. For that reason, someone who earns a good salary but has little savings and owes a lot of money on their house would have a negative net worth.

In fact, because so many Americans invest in real estate to buy a home, middle-class wealth has been one of the biggest casualties of the housing-driven recession.

From 2007 to 2010, typical families lost 39 percent of their wealth, according to the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances, done every three years. In 2007, the median family net worth was $126,400. In 2010, it was $77,300, according to the survey.

Where the Waltons fit in

Six members of the Walton family appear on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans. Christy Walton, widow of the late John Walton, leads the clan at No. 6 with a net worth of $25.3 billion as of March 2012. She is also the richest woman in the world for the seventh year in a row, according to Forbes. Here are the other five:

No. 9: Jim Walton, $23.7 billion
No. 10: Alice Walton, $23.3 billion
No. 11: S. Robson Walton, oldest son of Sam Walton, $23.1 billion
No. 103: Ann Walton Kroenke, $3.9 billion
No. 139: Nancy Walton Laurie, $3.4 billion
They employ 2.1 million people. Does Bernie want them all to be out of work the piece of shit live off government forever loser?

Forum List

Back