Best baseball player ever.

You're an idiot. A man does not set massive records in MLB, by being a pansy. Ford was a fierce competitor. I watched him pitch for years. Obviously you;'re just a butt-hurt Yankee hater. Tough ass pal. Your team got its ass beat too many times for you to handle it.

Well, :boo_hoo14: :itsok:

And you're wrong about ford and Ruth too. Ruth had 29 and 2/3 innings. Ford had 33 and 2/3. So he beat Ruth by FOUR innings, not 1.

He beat babe Ruth by an inning. And he was a pansy LOL. He never pitched a full season

You're an idiot. A man does not set massive records in MLB, by being a pansy. Ford was a fierce competitor. I watched him pitch for years. Obviously you;'re just a butt-hurt Yankee hater. Tough ass pal. Your team got its ass beat too many times for you to handle it.

And you're wrong about Ford and Ruth too. Ruth had 29 and 2/3 innings. Ford had 33 and 2/3. So he beat Ruth by FOUR innings, not 1.

And the Yankees had nine guys who created Homers. Please of course the Yankees had much more money than anyone else. I like some of their players but I hate corporate Yankees and their fans who haven't considered these facts. Now other teams spend the same it's not the same. Bill mazeroski home run was called the biggest hit of all time. Yankees outscored the pirates by more than any team ever did in a series and lost lol. My first series. I then was for whoever might beat the Yankees LOL until we took a vacation to New England during the 75 world series and I lived in Boston @redsox Central liquor store.at any rate babe Ruth was the best hitter best baseball player ever. Selling him to the Yankees like several others killed the red Sox for decades.
So you have no facts on the spending. Talk about it again when you do. We'll agree on Ruth.

We won't agree on Yankees having 9 guys who hit homers (not significantly that is). They had Maris with 61 (still the all-time single season record), and Mantle with 54 (would have had more if not missing many games). But you said 9 guys. Here are some of the others in that 9 lineup.
Bobby Richardson - 3 HRs in 662 ABs.
Tony Kubeck - 8 HRs in 617 ABs
Clete Boyer - 11 HRs in 504 ABs

Just to show I'm being fair, the Yankees also (incredibly) had 42 HRs from their catcher position. Blanchard & Howard both hitting 21. Blanchard that year had a better home run avg. than Babe Ruth's # 1 career avg. Blanchard & Howard both hit over .300.
The red Sox Athletics and senators used to be farm clubs for the Yankees. And of course they never told anybody how much they were spending. They always had twice as many great players as anybody else. Most hated team in baseball by far.

And you're wrong about ford and Ruth too. Ruth had 29 and 2/3 innings. Ford had 33 and 2/3. So he beat Ruth by FOUR innings, not 1.
and now that they spend as much as the Yankees they enjoyed kicking your asses. Most obnoxious fans in the world are the Yankees front-runners....

Novice fans tend to place too much emphasis on career longevity and statistics while paying too little attention on park effect and level of competition.

Pete Rose, for instance, was a singles hitter with a long career, but was simply a very good contact hitter with a long career. Willy Mays, on the other hand, had the misfortune of playing much of his career in a park with an absolutely fierce wind and deep left field that made hitting home runs extremely difficult- especially at night.

If Mays was hitting in Atlanta, he would have had far more than 800 home runs, and if Aaron hit at candlestick, he would have hit no more than 500.

The red Sox Athletics and senators used to be farm clubs for the Yankees. And of course they never told anybody how much they were spending. They always had twice as many great players as anybody else. Most hated team in baseball by far.
They ought to have caps on spending. No doubt some Yankee teams have bought success. In 70's they ransacked the successful Oakland As, and stole Reggie Jackson and Catfish Hunter from them.

Money has destroyed MLB. Fans can't root for their heros because they see them leave their team continually. Players Tampa Bay Rays have lost could make up an all-star team > Ben Zobrist, Joe Madden, David Price, Carl Crawford, Evan Longoria, Fred McGriff, Casey Kotchman, James Shields, Alex Cobb, Chris Archer, Jake McGee, Alex Colome', Wade Davis, Carlos Pena, Matt Garza, Aubrey Huff,

In the old days, to players played with one team only for over 20 years. Ted Williams played his whole career with the Red Sox. Stan Musial did the same with the Cardinals.
Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimaggio with the Yankees.

and now that they spend as much as the Yankees they enjoyed kicking your asses. Most obnoxious fans in the world are the Yankees front-runners....
I haven't been a Yankee fan since 1978. That year I moved to San Jose, CA, and became an Oakland A's fan. In 1989, I moved to Florida, and became a Rays fan. When Rays traded David Price, that was the last straw. I gave up on MLB entirely.

Most obnoxious fans I would say are Philadelphia Eagles fans. Phildelphia Phillies fans really bad too. When they beat the Rays in the WS, instead of giving the Rays applause for their marvelous transformation from cellar dweller to pennant winner, the Philly fans booed them. No class or brains.

Pete Rose was probably the all time greatest. He played infield and outfield, tremendous number of hits. He looked like a ball player.
B50DF217-2434-4108-AB94-C297E4DED2C5-1440695.jpg

Novice fans tend to place too much emphasis on career longevity and statistics while paying too little attention on park effect and level of competition.

Pete Rose, for instance, was a singles hitter with a long career, but was simply a very good contact hitter with a long career. Willy Mays, on the other hand, had the misfortune of playing much of his career in a park with an absolutely fierce wind and deep left field that made hitting home runs extremely difficult- especially at night.

If Mays was hitting in Atlanta, he would have had far more than 800 home runs, and if Aaron hit at candlestick, he would have hit no more than 500.
The worst case was Joe Dimaggio, who was plagued with being a right-handed power hitter in the old Yankee Stadium. It was 461 feet in dead center, and 457 feet in left center, known as "Death Valley", for all the long 450 ft fly ball outs, that would have been a home run in any other ball park. Dimaggio had literally hundreds of these Death Valley outs.

Forum List

Back