🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Best Protest on Obamacare in History: Ted Cruz will talk until he drops

It was a symbolic gesture. And as gestures go, it was a good one. It got people to stop and ask about it. And it will focus attention on Obamacare and the obscene results that piece of shit legislation will create for this country.

Nonsense. It was a waste of time. The only people watching were people like us and our minds are already made up.

Hardly a waste of time. It gets media attention to the cause. It puts people on the record. Not to mention it keeps the Senate from bringing this nation even further in bondage since they didnt use the time to create new laws to restrict the liberty of the people.

Id rather a politician stood up and spoke all day than remain silent and pass law upon law that is going to create more problems.

It was a symbolic gesture. And as gestures go, it was a good one. It got people to stop and ask about it. And it will focus attention on Obamacare and the obscene results that piece of shit legislation will create for this country.

Nonsense. It was a waste of time. The only people watching were people like us and our minds are already made up.

Hardly a waste of time. It gets media attention to the cause. It puts people on the record. Not to mention it keeps the Senate from bringing this nation even further in bondage since they didnt use the time to create new laws to restrict the liberty of the people.

Id rather a politician stood up and spoke all day than remain silent and pass law upon law that is going to create more problems.

Except his speech wont stop the vote.

Except his speech wont stop the vote.

Doesn't matter. It accomplished other things.

With all due respect Gramps, I disagree that it was a hollow gesture or a waste of time.

Cruz promised his constituents that he would do everything and anything he could to try to stop Obamacare.

And I for one admire him greatly for trying to live up to that promise as compared to the hollow words and promises made by the likes of McCain or Graham who campaign to the right and then become Democrats when they go to Washington playing back room games and love every minute of the inside the beltway dinner circuit.

More representatives are needed like Cruz. From both sides of the aisle. Men and women who live up to the promises they made to get elected instead of folding like a deck of cards once they get to D,C.

I say bravo Ted!

You're so right. I mean, before Cruz spent 21 hours talking about Obamacare, I had really heard nothing about it. I definitely didn't know before this that Cruz was opposed to it (mind: blown). And Mike Lee and Rand Paul opposed as well?! I mean, who could have ever seen that one coming? Game of Thrones move over, I've got a new favorite show leaving me shocked by all the unforeseen twists and turns.

Not to mention, that you're right on the money about this Congress not being able to use that 21 hours to further enslave us. I mean, they've accomplished so much over the past few years, who knows what might've happened in 21 hours?!? Anarchy I tell you.

For all those on the right side who say this was a waste of time......I am curious....what have YOUR representatives of choice done to get Obama Care repealed?

For all those on the left that are making fun of Cruz' antics...I am curious.....what are your thoughts on the fact that YOUR representatives asked for an exemption from Obama Care for themselves and their staffers?

Well?

For all those on the right side who say this was a waste of time......I am curious....what have YOUR representatives of choice done to get Obama Care repealed?

For all those on the left that are making fun of Cruz' antics...I am curious.....what are your thoughts on the fact that YOUR representatives asked for an exemption from Obama Care for themselves and their staffers?
Well?

My thoughts are that your information is fucked. That.......is.......not.......true.

Congress and an Exemption from ?Obamacare??

This is one of the lies that yiu have heard so often that:

.....either you believe it is true
....or....you know it is a lie and say it anyway.

Stop it already.

Let me get this straight, obozo's HHS comes out with a report that contradicts every other government estimate and the media parrots their messiah and you believe them?

These aren't estimates. These are premiums of plans that go on sale next Tuesday.

It turns out the estimates were much higher than the premiums actually are.

Facts whipser louder than the screams from the right.

Well?

My thoughts are that your information is fucked. That.......is.......not.......true.

Stop it already.

Except it's not a lie. The administration made an illegal exception on Obamacare for Congress and its staff.
If you weren't flat out stupid I would say you're lying.

Cruz grandstands all night and then votes for it first chance he gets

What a douchebag

Well?

Stop it already.

Doesn't matter how often they're told that's a lie. They'll just keep repeating it.

If only they would set it to a Dr. Suess rhyme .....................

Well?

Stop it already.

Except it's not a lie. The administration made an illegal exception on Obamacare for Congress and its staff.

Prove it.

I'm really sick of hearing this lie and just once, I want to see PROOF. Read the link that Lone Laugher posted and PROVE its not true.

Well?

Cruz is my Senator. God Bless Him.

God Damn the bed wetting liberals who won't touch the fact that all sorts of leftwing interests have asked for and gotten exemptions from their moonbat messiah's "signature law".

I'm doing my best to be a realist here and assume that the worst estimates of the damage obozocare will do are inflated, and things will not end in an apocalypse of the entire middle class working 2 or more part time jobs.

I'm also under no delusions this obortion of a law is actually going to fix what it was supposed to. Government programs like this are designed to fail. I dare some bed wetter to answer why there are so many leftist interest groups getting exemptions, and show me JUST ONE example of a massive federal program doing what it was intended to do.

War on poverty---FAIL

War on Drugs--Abysmal FAIL

War on Terror--FAIL

EPA-- Cleaned some shit up, then moves the goal posts to stay in "business". Intentional FAIL

Border Enforcement-- FAIL

Dept of Education--FAIL

CRA-- COMPLETE DISASTER

Dept of State--ABSOLUTE JOKE (thanks to current management)

For all you libtard assholes who think government is the solution to any problem, you have a piss poor track record. The rest of us are supposed to believe that THIS TIME you'll get shit right? Why can't you assholes build a big raft and be the first refugees to escape to Cuba? Why do you have to fuck this country up?

Cruz grandstands all night and then votes for it first chance he gets

What a douchebag

What would you be calling him if he hadn't tried to live up to his promise to his constituents to try everything in his power to stop Obamacare?

You'd be calling him a lying piece of shit who reneged on his promise wouldn't you?

You'd be calling him chickenshit for not standing up and fighting for his voters wishes, wouldn't you?

You'd be calling him a wimp and a pussy for not fighting back against the RINO's in the Senate.

You'd call him names no matter what he did because you don't like him.

Well?

Stop it already.

You fucking Perry and then Cain and then Romney supporting idiot. It is a lie. A fucked up lie that took advantage of nutter's resistance to fact checking to become a matter of fact in your circles. The people who are lying to you can trust in your willingness to be lied to. It fucking works for them every time.

Say I am lying, loser. Then prove it. For once. Actually prove something that you blurt out here.

Green eggs and ham beotches!!!

You know.....if this joker was actually conducting a speaking filibuster....with an actual bill at stake.....that shit would be OK. A nod to the kids at home....nice.

But....since what he was doing was simply a waste of time....and a grandstanding opportunity....it is not. Of course....the 16% who support this tool will hail his cleverness.

But....it will end up being fodder for WH Correspondents Dinner jokes. He is a joke. An unfunny one.

Wait, im confused. He voted for clocher or however you spell it?

Yes, Cruz (and all other 99 senators) voted in favor of invoking cloture to begin debate on the House bill. The Senate has 30 hours before they can invoke cloture to end the debate. This is where Cruz will vote no, because ending debate means that Democrats can introduce an amendment stripping the bill of the defunding language, which only needs a majority vote to pass. So Senate Republicans will have to filibuster the vote to end debate, but a number of Senate Republicans have already expressed reservations about shutting down the government in this way and it's unlikely that Cruz's voting block can prevent a 60-vote override of the filibuster they likely plan on staging.

It's all smoke and mirrors so that he can run to his base and claim that he did everything he could to stop Senate Democrats.

Forum List

Back