🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Best Protest on Obamacare in History: Ted Cruz will talk until he drops

It's easy to reach that conclusion. He can't do anything to delay the inevitable vote.

I still applaud him for his stunt. If he makes a run at the WH, I'm all for it. If we don't get a hard core right wing president after we're finally rid of the moonbat messiah there's no way we're going to see the leftist damage reversed, or even see the leftist buearucrats removed from their offices.

A "moderate" republicrat will do nothing to repair what the democrook party has done in the last 7 years with their RINO cohorts.

Be careful, Pete. If we do get a "hard right" president, he could be just as bad as Obama. You need to be wary of that.

You will never get a hard right president.....EVER

The lives of parasites like you depend on that.

The disgust generated by the policies and people you promote are what makes it a distinct possibility.

Wait, im confused. He voted for clocher or however you spell it?

Yes, Cruz (and all other 99 senators) voted in favor of invoking cloture to begin debate on the House bill. The Senate has 30 hours before they can invoke cloture to end the debate. This is where Cruz will vote no, because ending debate means that Democrats can introduce an amendment stripping the bill of the defunding language, which only needs a majority vote to pass. So Senate Republicans will have to filibuster the vote to end debate, but a number of Senate Republicans have already expressed reservations about shutting down the government in this way and it's unlikely that Cruz's voting block can prevent a 60-vote override of the filibuster they likely plan on staging.

It's all smoke and mirrors so that he can run to his base and claim that he did everything he could to stop Senate Democrats.

Running to his base?

Living up to a campaign promise is now running to his base just to make a claim?

You are a fucking asshole.

Cruz promised his constituents he would try everything to stop Obamacare and he has you partisan hack.

Ohhh, someone's cranky today. Look, I'm super sorry (disclaimer: I'm not actually sorry) that the guy you apparently hero-worship pulled a stunt that not everyone buys into (including, by the way, a number of Republicans/conservatives).

I absolutely stand by what I said. If this was a real filibuster and Cruz was actually attempting to prevent a vote on the bill, maybe we could have a different argument about the merits of his tactics and what a gosh darn swell kinda guy he is. But it wasn't and he wasn't.

His grandstanding literally accomplished nothing. You're welcome to continue to be blinded by his inexplicable conservative star power (I mean really, how badly do you guys want to lose in 2016?) but those of us who reside here in logical land are able to recognize this for what it was.

I'm calling Ted Cruz's bluff here. This wasn't even a filibuster, but a political stunt to drum up support for a possible presidential run. It served literally no purpose whatsoever. All the Republicans can get angry at me if they want to, but I deal in reality, not delusion.

It's easy to reach that conclusion. He can't do anything to delay the inevitable vote.

I still applaud him for his stunt. If he makes a run at the WH, I'm all for it. If we don't get a hard core right wing president after we're finally rid of the moonbat messiah there's no way we're going to see the leftist damage reversed, or even see the leftist buearucrats removed from their offices.

A "moderate" republicrat will do nothing to repair what the democrook party has done in the last 7 years with their RINO cohorts.

Be careful, Pete. If we do get a "hard right" president, he could be just as bad as Obama. You need to be wary of that.

When I say "hard right" I'm not talking about a fiscally conservative asshole who would create biblical legislation and start wars with every enemy we have all at once.

I'm talking about the sort of fiscally conservative asshole who would leave moral laws to the states, withdraw federal authority, reduce overseas military presence without weakening our projection of power and gradually reduce government handouts.

Basically a rational libertarian.

I don't want an extremist who would cut all the tits of all at once. That would only give the Bolsheviks a huge opening to reclaim the throne.

Yes, Cruz (and all other 99 senators) voted in favor of invoking cloture to begin debate on the House bill. The Senate has 30 hours before they can invoke cloture to end the debate. This is where Cruz will vote no, because ending debate means that Democrats can introduce an amendment stripping the bill of the defunding language, which only needs a majority vote to pass. So Senate Republicans will have to filibuster the vote to end debate, but a number of Senate Republicans have already expressed reservations about shutting down the government in this way and it's unlikely that Cruz's voting block can prevent a 60-vote override of the filibuster they likely plan on staging.

It's all smoke and mirrors so that he can run to his base and claim that he did everything he could to stop Senate Democrats.

Running to his base?

Living up to a campaign promise is now running to his base just to make a claim?

Cruz promised his constituents he would try everything to stop Obamacare and he has you partisan hack.

Ohhh, someone's cranky today. Look, I'm super sorry (disclaimer: I'm not actually sorry) that the guy you apparently hero-worship pulled a stunt that not everyone buys into (including, by the way, a number of Republicans/conservatives).

I absolutely stand by what I said. If this was a real filibuster and Cruz was actually attempting to prevent a vote on the bill, maybe we could have a different argument about the merits of his tactics and what a gosh darn swell kinda guy he is. But it wasn't and he wasn't.

His grandstanding literally accomplished nothing. You're welcome to continue to be blinded by his inexplicable conservative star power (I mean really, how badly do you guys want to lose in 2016?) but those of us who reside here in logical land are able to recognize this for what it was.

You're from san fransicko and have the gall to imply you're even aware of what logical means?

What can we expect from the sorts of people who's political ideology can be summed up on a bumper sticker?

funny-picture-the-stupid-it-burns.jpg

Running to his base?

You're from san fransicko and have the gall to imply you're even aware of what logical means?

What can we expect from the sorts of people who's political ideology can be summed up on a bumper sticker?

Yes, actually. I grew up in Boston, lived for 6 years in Los Angeles and now live in San Francisco.

Is your brain exploding yet from all the liberalism implied by my history of residences?

Now, would you like to engage me on an intellectual level or just continue to call me stupid and post childish pictures? Because we all know that that's the height of discourse and not at all a crutch for the mentally inferior when they feel outclassed.

The disgust generated by the policies and people you promote are what makes it a distinct possibility.

Radical right conservatives can't even sniff the GOP nomination, let alone win in a general election

Will you guys ever figure out that you are killing he Republican party?

When I say "hard right" I'm not talking about a fiscally conservative asshole who would create biblical legislation and start wars with every enemy we have all at once.

I'm talking about the sort of fiscally conservative asshole who would leave moral laws to the states, withdraw federal authority, reduce overseas military presence without weakening our projection of power and gradually reduce government handouts.

I don't want an extremist who would cut all the tits of all at once. That would only give the Bolsheviks a huge opening to reclaim the throne.

We demand a name

Radical right conservatives can't even sniff the GOP nomination, let alone win in a general election

Much to your dismay right?

Yes, actually. I grew up in Boston, lived for 6 years in Los Angeles and now live in San Francisco.

Is your brain exploding yet from all the liberalism implied by my history of residences?

Now, would you like to engage me on an intellectual level or just continue to call me stupid and post childish pictures? Because we all know that that's the height of discourse and not at all a crutch for the mentally inferior when they feel outclassed.

I have spent countless hours, posted terabytes of information and argued endlessly face to face with liberals.

On the internet it's always been pointless. People I meet face to face can sometimes be persuaded to think, but you bed wetters on the net are either too stupid, or you're paid trolls here to regurgitate propaganda. I've never felt "outclassed" by a liberal, and I have no problem using Alinsky Rule #5 against you "people" either. You're not above ridicule when you say stupid things, and your reference to "hero worship" is insipid considering how you zealots slavishly support your moonbat messiah without question.

You can't find a "right winger" (someone who isn't a hard core liberal by modern standards) that marches lock step with every policy promoted by the republicrat party hierarchy. There's all sorts of dissent and conflict in the GOP over issues on every level because we think independently.

That doesn't exist in the democrook party, independent thinking is not allowed. There is no dissent, there is no "moderation" and no one opposes the cult of personality that is manifested in your moonbat messiah. There are no "pro-gun" democrooks speaking out about obozo's anti-gun agenda. There are no "pro-life" democrooks supporting any sort of restrictions on infanticide. There aren't even any democrooks to be found who once railed against the patriot act and federal data gathering during the Bush Admin, who are even slightly upset about the messiah's expansion of it. The same bed wetters who pissed and moaned about the debt ceiling in 2006, are now demanding it be DOUBLED since they last opposed it.

So with all those facts that I'm sure aren't news to you, you're still going to sit there and pretend to be some open minded liberal seeking a rational conversation. I'm not impressed at all by pseudointellectual leftists who parrot the bullshit talking points they get from MSLSD. Nor am I willing to waste much time on you. Say what you've got to say, but don't expect me to tolerate stupidity or refrain from ridiculing it, because that's what I'm here to do.

Much to my amusement

Sure, you're parroting a moonbat talking point about republicrats destroying themselves because you're amused by it? I know you assholes are stupid, but you can't be stupid enough to tell us how we're making your policies easier to promote, how much you enjoy it, and how we should be making your lives more difficult by giving into what you want.

No, I'm sure you're that stupid.

I must say that I am highly dissapointed Cruz didn't talk till he had a heart attack or stroke.

That would have made for great C-SPAN!!

We demand a name

Fuck...

You assholes demand other people provide everything you need and want as it is, why should we give you a name? So you can attack them in advance?

Ok, fuck it, Chris Christie.

I must say that I am highly dissapointed Cruz didn't talk till he had a heart attack or stroke.

That would have made for great C-SPAN!!

Now that's "liberal tolerance" illustrated.

Oppose our messiah and you deserve to die.

Stalin couldn't have wished for more criminally insane zealots than bed wetters like you.

I have spent countless hours, posted terabytes of information and argued endlessly face to face with liberals.

On the internet it's always been pointless. People I meet face to face can sometimes be persuaded to think, but you bed wetters on the net are either too stupid, or you're paid trolls here to regurgitate propaganda. I've never felt "outclassed" by a liberal, and I have no problem using Alinsky Rule #5 against you "people" either. You're not above ridicule when you say stupid things, and your reference to "hero worship" is insipid considering how you zealots slavishly support your moonbat messiah without question.

You can't find a "right winger" (someone who isn't a hard core liberal by modern standards) that marches lock step with every policy promoted by the republicrat party hierarchy. There's all sorts of dissent and conflict in the GOP over issues on every level because we think independently.

That doesn't exist in the democrook party, independent thinking is not allowed. There is no dissent, there is no "moderation" and no one opposes the cult of personality that is manifested in your moonbat messiah. There are no "pro-gun" democrooks speaking out about obozo's anti-gun agenda. There are no "pro-life" democrooks supporting any sort of restrictions on infanticide. There aren't even any democrooks to be found who once railed against the patriot act and federal data gathering during the Bush Admin, who are even slightly upset about the messiah's expansion of it. The same bed wetters who pissed and moaned about the debt ceiling in 2006, are now demanding it be DOUBLED since they last opposed it.

So with all those facts that I'm sure aren't news to you, you're still going to sit there and pretend to be some open minded liberal seeking a rational conversation. I'm not impressed at all by pseudointellectual leftists who parrot the bullshit talking points they get from MSLSD. Nor am I willing to waste much time on you. Say what you've got to say, but don't expect me to tolerate stupidity or refrain from ridiculing it, because that's what I'm here to do.

Thanks for living down to expectations, dollface.

pete7469 is what he is, and that is not what America admires.

And our buddy Cruz is using the superpac funds he is raising to spend against other Republicans than Dems.

Talk about Joe McCarthy raised again.

Much to my amusement

Sure, you're parroting a moonbat talking point about republicrats destroying themselves because you're amused by it? I know you assholes are stupid, but you can't be stupid enough to tell us how we're making your policies easier to promote, how much you enjoy it, and how we should be making your lives more difficult by giving into what you want.

No, I'm sure you're that stupid.

No talking point

The radical right has been strangling the once grand old party for two decades

Their repeated temper tantrums have driven the center away from republicans and into the hands of moderate democrats

Fuck...

You assholes demand other people provide everything you need and want as it is, why should we give you a name? So you can attack them in advance?

Ok, fuck it, Chris Christie.

Christie is far from a libertarian

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back