Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

A friend of my family works for the FAA. He is 75 years old and he brags about he literally does nothing, but earns $200k/year. He said he will continue to work until he dies or they sever him.

I saw him say this with my own 2 eyes and heard it with my own 2 ear balls at Thanksgiving.

The Fed is bloated as fuck.

Education is important, its part of civilization.
Education will only become more & more important in the future.

Doing nothing & making 200 k, as opposed to say Bezos who makes trillions on eliminating about 1 million retail jobs.
or
how about the Waltons worth trillions, by being the first major store to support outsourced jobs to China?

I'd rather do nothing, over far richer people doing the wrong thing.

BIGOTRY: Conservatives Need Not Apply for Prestigious Scholarships.

“Of the 32 scholars chosen for 2020, only 13 fail to list involvement with progressive causes on their résumés. Of those 13, none lists interest in or experience with a conservative cause — they have chosen to present themselves as politically neutral. (Most of these ‘neutral’ students are involved in the physical sciences, where there is no liberal or conservative way of curing leukemia.) In other words, students on the left feel free to assert their progressivism, while students on the right know that if they want a scholarship, they better keep their politics a secret. This bias is well established in the case of other prestigious academic awards for American students. In 2018, not one of the 59 winners of the $30,000 Truman Scholarship reported being involved with Republican or conservative politics in any way, while 64 percent of winners espoused traditionally liberal causes. In 2019, progressive students held a ten-to-one advantage over right-leaning students for Truman awards.”​

This is the censorious bigotry Trump and DeVos are taking head on.

Private schools.

With or without government help?
Eventually without, but vouchers can help with the transition.

Really dumb idea.
Russia had huge illiteracy because they didn't have public / compulsory education.
They had illiteracy because the Monarchy had an official policy against educating peasants. Literacy in the early United States before government schools were conceived of was above 90%

No, Russia did what you want to do with America.

Changes in Educational Ideology and Format: 18th to 20th Century Practices » HI 446 Revolutionary Russia | Boston University

Education was predominately exclusive, religious, and limited in length during Imperial Russia. No form of universal public education had yet been established leaving only those with financial means the ability to enroll in educational institutions at the secondary and university level. The gymnasium form of education adopted from Germany provided greater accessibility to education for the elites which contributed to the growth of national culture but also caused a polarization of the educated elite further separating the group from the majority of Russian society. Conservatism was a major theme of these schools both in curriculum and mission. Common curricula at the time focused on classical works, history, political theory, and economics. The common mission of these primary and secondary schools was to mold the student population into a cohesive, mild group that could not become radicalized and cause revolution like that seen in France in 1789. Universities proved a challenge for the Imperial Government and were never tamed due to the influence of intellectuals over the institutions.
You're trying to compare a nation that practiced serfdom with a free democracy.

The less influence the feds have the better. She cut staff and Trump cut their budget. Have to start somewhere

So get rid of compulsory education too, huh?
Fuck off loser.

Go argue in a mirror if you want to play those asinine juvenile games

Has the truth sent you into feral Chimp spasms?
No, your STUPIDITY has. What kind of moron makes up a bogus argument, applies it to those they are debating then declares victory???

Oh right....RETARDS LIKE YOU.

Now as I said, go argue in the mirror so your made up bullshit can fool your opponent.

Idiot

Tsarist Russia's illiteracy was huge, even about 15% of Jews in Russia were illiterate.

Because Tsarist Russia didn't have the means of compulsory education / public education.
"Compulsory" had nothing to do with it. Education wasn't compulsory in the U.S. until quite recently (after WW II) I believe, and our literacy rates have always been much higher than that.

The less influence the feds have the better. She cut staff and Trump cut their budget. Have to start somewhere

Fuck off loser.

No, your STUPIDITY has. What kind of moron makes up a bogus argument, applies it to those they are debating then declares victory???

Now as I said, go argue in the mirror so your made up bullshit can fool your opponent.

Idiot

Tsarist Russia's illiteracy was huge, even about 15% of Jews in Russia were illiterate.

Because Tsarist Russia didn't have the means of compulsory education / public education.
In our system we had compulsory public education long before Jimmy Carter gave us the Department of Education.

With or without government help?
Eventually without, but vouchers can help with the transition.

Really dumb idea.
Russia had huge illiteracy because they didn't have public / compulsory education.
They had illiteracy because the Monarchy had an official policy against educating peasants. Literacy in the early United States before government schools were conceived of was above 90%

No, Russia did what you want to do with America.

Changes in Educational Ideology and Format: 18th to 20th Century Practices » HI 446 Revolutionary Russia | Boston University

Education was predominately exclusive, religious, and limited in length during Imperial Russia. No form of universal public education had yet been established leaving only those with financial means the ability to enroll in educational institutions at the secondary and university level. The gymnasium form of education adopted from Germany provided greater accessibility to education for the elites which contributed to the growth of national culture but also caused a polarization of the educated elite further separating the group from the majority of Russian society. Conservatism was a major theme of these schools both in curriculum and mission. Common curricula at the time focused on classical works, history, political theory, and economics. The common mission of these primary and secondary schools was to mold the student population into a cohesive, mild group that could not become radicalized and cause revolution like that seen in France in 1789. Universities proved a challenge for the Imperial Government and were never tamed due to the influence of intellectuals over the institutions.
You're trying to compare a nation that practiced serfdom with a free democracy.
Again, you're a disgusting racist that won't acknowledge that the US had slavery.

Fuck off loser.

Idiot

You know, at least one person in this thread is basically making the argument to get rid of compulsory education
And that person's name is Grampamurkedu?

Fuck off loser.

Idiot

"Compulsory" had nothing to do with it. Education wasn't compulsory in the U.S. until quite recently (after WW II) I believe, and our literacy rates have always been much higher than that.

The last state to make education compulsory was Mississippi in 1918.
Compulsory education - Wikipedia

In 1900 Mississippi had over 34% of its population as illiterate.
https://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/education/p23-08.pdf

Which actually rivals the illiteracy of Russia in 1900.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Fuck off loser.

Idiot

The Federal Department of Education wasn't until nearly 1980.

In America, only 0.6% of those 14 and older were illiterate in 1979.

National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL) - 120 Years of Literacy

We've heard all these anti-choice talking points a million times, and you've heard the responses to them.

There is simply no good reason for not allowing parents to choose the school they send their child to the same way they choose their grocery store.

Do you realize how regulated a grocery store is before it's allowed to sell anyone food?

The problem with the Charter School Sham is, unlike a grocery store where you know immediately if the food is bad, it takes years to figure out the damage they might be doing, and by then it's often to late to fix.

We've heard all these anti-choice talking points a million times, and you've heard the responses to them.

There is simply no good reason for not allowing parents to choose the school they send their child to the same way they choose their grocery store.

Do you realize how regulated a grocery store is before it's allowed to sell anyone food?

The problem with the Charter School Sham is, unlike a grocery store where you know immediately if the food is bad, it takes years to figure out the damage they might be doing, and by then it's often to late to fix.
Regulation is totally necessary. Gocery stores that kill their customers or make them sick quickly go out of business.

Idiot

The Federal Department of Education wasn't until nearly 1980.

In America, only 0.6% of those 14 and older were illiterate in 1979.

National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL) - 120 Years of Literacy

Look, I don't care so much if we go back to state rights.

In the North we'd still fund education, still fund social programs, we'd still be civilized.

The South can do what they please, if they want to go backwards by cutting public education out of the picture & be filled with illiteracy, go for it.
If they want to get rid of all the government stimulus & programs that prop them up.
Go for it.

I don't really have a problem with it, because I don't really care for the South.

Fuck off loser.

Idiot

You know, at least one person in this thread is basically making the argument to get rid of compulsory education
compulsory education is dead. Just ask 70% of Los Angeles 18 year olds to make change on a $5.15 charge when they’re handed $10.25.

Fuck off loser.

Idiot

compulsory education is dead. Just ask 70% of Los Angeles 18 year olds to make change on a $5.15 charge when they’re handed $10.25.

Hmm, and how many of them were illegals not fully educated in the United States?

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

Just like abortion, you have a choice. You just have to pay for it yourself!
In other words, no choice about paying for it.

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

That is just stupid, even for you. My sister has been a pubic school teacher for 30 years, she is far more conservative than you ever dreamed of being. There is nothing about teaching kids to read and do math that keeps one from being a Repub nor a conservative.

People like you are so fucking brainwashed that everyone that does not do just what you say is the enemy.

How do you live like this?
I went to these schools you are absolutely wrong!

You maybe went to ONE school until you dropped out, idiot.

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

That is just stupid, even for you. My sister has been a pubic school teacher for 30 years, she is far more conservative than you ever dreamed of being. There is nothing about teaching kids to read and do math that keeps one from being a Repub nor a conservative.

People like you are so fucking brainwashed that everyone that does not do just what you say is the enemy.

Exactly.

You claim you're a libertarian, and we all know that's a load of horseshit.

Way to change the subject dumb ass.

What a joke you are
I didn't change the subject. I pointed out why no one can believe what you posted.

I believe what he posted.

Teachers can only teach what they are ordered to teach and how they are ordered to teach it.

Horseshit.
Public teachers cannot freelance their classrooms.

You have no idea what goes on in public school classrooms. You just indulge your imagination then shoot your mouth off here.
Stand proud for putting out the dumbest generation in America’s history.

Forum List

Back