Bettsy DeVos

So? What's your problem with giving parents and students a choice?

Because they won't be the ones making the choice.

Do you really think that some private school is waiting to sign up the Ghetto kid with an $1800 voucher when they can get a suburban kid with less disciplinary problems whose parents are willing to fork over $6000.

So what will end up happening is that those suburban parents will say,' Hey, where's my voucher?" and while the Ghetto kid ends up going to some charter scam that will have a 37% chance of doing a worse job than a public school, the rest of us end up subsidizing rich people's education.

Do you really think that some private school is waiting to sign up the Ghetto kid with an $1800 voucher when they can get a suburban kid with less disciplinary problems whose parents are willing to fork over $6000.

So what will end up happening is that those suburban parents will say,' Hey, where's my voucher?" and while the Ghetto kid ends up going to some charter scam that will have a 37% chance of doing a worse job than a public school, the rest of us end up subsidizing rich people's education.
No, we are done with your old antiquated failed approach.....

You would be hard pressed to find a decent private school that charges $6,000 a year in tuition.

Charter schools need to be required to pass all of the govt tests public schools are required to meet....if not, then No Child Left Behind needs abolishing....and let the Teachers, be teachers, just like in charter schools...

Otherwise, I like the idea of charter schools as a choice.... If charter Schools are suppose to be 'choice' or what would be called 'competition' then the rules need to be equal....don't strangle Public Schools for them to receive govt support with mandatory federal testing, while giving a no holds barred to the Charter schools getting our govt money.

ALSO, do parents have to drop off their kids at charter and catholic schools etc, and there is no govt school buses?

You would be hard pressed to find a decent private school that charges $6,000 a year in tuition.
If the little ruffian works he gets freer room, no coal though....

Charter schools need to be required to pass all of the govt tests public schools are required to meet....if not, then No Child Left Behind needs abolishing....and let the Teachers, be teachers, just like in charter schools...

Otherwise, I like the idea of charter schools as a choice.... If charter Schools are suppose to be 'choice' or what would be called 'competition' then the rules need to be equal....don't strangle Public Schools for them to receive govt support with mandatory federal testing, while giving a no holds barred to the Charter schools getting our govt money.

ALSO, do parents have to drop off their kids at charter and catholic schools etc, and there is no govt school buses?
No....we will in fact be removing your plantation dictatorship from the schools.....

The unions backed Trump
Not all teachers are union members.
Not all schools have people unwilling to learn..
Trades should be part of curriculum.

No....we will in fact be removing your plantation dictatorship from the schools.....
huh?

huh?
Did anyone in your parents house vote Trump? Ask them....

I truly enjoy reading your comedy skits every morning. lulz

Charter schools generally have no oversight unless there is a major and very publicized problem or issue that needs to be addressed, regardless of the governmental standards imposed on them.

Meh,so we are going to see more of the School Choice Scams go on.

Trump University gets replaced by Trump Elementary.
Awwww, the unions lose power and cant force kindergarteners to attendo dildo Training.
we have 37 or 38 states with Republican governors....who handpick their choices for the State's Board of Education Members....

so you are saying the Republicans have F'd our schools up?

Teacher's unions which are weak in most States, have nothing to do with the curriculum the State board of Education and Federal Govt puts upon them.

Catholic schools failing to keep up enrollment

Average Catholic elementary school tuition (K-8th grade) has climbed 69% over the past 10 years, McDonald says. At Catholic high schools, it's about double that at 136%. The average Catholic elementary school tuition is $3,673; the average Catholic secondary freshman tuition is $9,622, the report states.

Just because you imagine that there are imaginary problems doesn't mean there are either.

Um, yeah... okay, we just selected a racist president, but we don't have a racist problem... nosiree....

Charter schools generally have no oversight unless there is a major and very publicized problem or issue that needs to be addressed, regardless of the governmental standards imposed on them.
Then why should public schools? Why restrain one group of schools in order to get govt money, while not restraining private/charter schools to get govt money?

Average Catholic elementary school tuition (K-8th grade) has climbed 69% over the past 10 years, McDonald says. At Catholic high schools, it's about double that at 136%. The average Catholic elementary school tuition is $3,673; the average Catholic secondary freshman tuition is $9,622, the report states.

Just because you imagine that there are imaginary problems doesn't mean there are either.

Um, yeah... okay, we just selected a racist president, but we don't have a racist problem... nosiree....
Yep, but your Obama is out in a few months....the end of his racism will be refreshing....

Then why should public schools? Why restrain one group of schools in order to get govt money, while not restraining private/charter schools to get govt money?
You mean people's money....

I have some mixed feelings about this.

I think the biggest problem with all the testing that goes on is that teachers teach to the test, they don't teach to giving kids the skills and knowledge they are going to need to be able to secure jobs when they graduate.

Now, full disclosure, I was a product of Catholic Education back in the 1970s, and I think I did get a lot more out of it than I would have in public schools in Chicago back then. But the other part of that equation was that because my parents were chucking out money to send me to Catholic Schools, they were involved in making sure i did my homework and learned the material.

If you give a kid a voucher, are his parents going to care any more than they would have if he just attended the public school. The problem with the voucher debate is that it ignores the most important component, the parents.

That's parochial schools, I'm talking about a true private school such as our children attend, our youngest is in second grade and her tuition is over 10K

Forum List

Back