Biden on forgiving student loan debt

Most of these people hoping for loan forgiveness must regret spending so much for school.

Did GM regret being an auto manufacturer when they got their loans forgiven?
GM got their loans forgiven? Link that please.

OMG, educate yourself. This has been covered so many times....................it really gets old.
There were bailouts. Not the same as forgiveness. Be specific. What are you referring to here? GM repaid their TARP loan. Where is the forgiveness? You made the statement, you provide the proof.

Educate yourself. I suspect you already know though.
They repaid their TARP loan. Show me otherwise.

You are already aware of the loss. Why do you do this?

General Motors Bailout Cost Taxpayers $11.2 Billion.
GM could have paid more. The Gov't didn't structure the repayment correctly.

Maybe you should educate yourself. GM is still around and paying taxes and employing workers. The Gov't gave them a sweetheart deal. Not GM's fault.

Students will get a sweetheart deal.
No. Students don't employ anyone. If GM went bankrupt it would have cost the Gov't a lot more.

Of course those with degree's employ people. And for the record, GM did go bankrupt.
It went bankrupt to reorganize not to shut down. Chapter 11 not Chapter 7 and not all with degrees employ people. Most don't.

Most of these people hoping for loan forgiveness must regret spending so much for school.

OMG, educate yourself. This has been covered so many times....................it really gets old.
There were bailouts. Not the same as forgiveness. Be specific. What are you referring to here? GM repaid their TARP loan. Where is the forgiveness? You made the statement, you provide the proof.

Maybe you should educate yourself. GM is still around and paying taxes and employing workers. The Gov't gave them a sweetheart deal. Not GM's fault.

Lotta money at a minority of people. It’s a vote loser for sure. Those who have paid already will be mad. Future people who don’t get forgiveness will be mad. Cost of college will only go up. You wanna lose control on unfair policy?

Biden has long run on this. He won. (he really did).

I want it all to fall apart so I don't care about control.
Well we’ve made it clear it is unfair policy. I’m not on board.

You don't have to be. The country is full of nothing but unfair policies.

Lotta money at a minority of people. It’s a vote loser for sure. Those who have paid already will be mad. Future people who don’t get forgiveness will be mad. Cost of college will only go up. You wanna lose control on unfair policy?

Yes, it’s disturbing you support them.

No. Students don't employ anyone. If GM went bankrupt it would have cost the Gov't a lot more.

Of course those with degree's employ people. And for the record, GM did go bankrupt.
It went bankrupt to reorganize not to shut down. Chapter 11 not Chapter 7 and not all with degrees employ people. Most don't.

You said "bankrupt". They could have reorganized without costing taxpayers billions. GM was going nowhere.

But make excuses for those you want to support getting billions in taxpayer money.

When are you giving back what you have benefitted?

What have I benefitted from that everyone else hasn’t?

Many haven't benefitted from the trillions pumped into the markets. But by your answer you are obviously OK with the benefits you see.

Many haven't benefitted from the trillions pumped into the markets.
Many? You mean most have and everyone has the opportunity. So I guess I haven’t gotten special treatment.

I’m not sure they were done repaying at the time of your link...

That was the total after the last share of GM was sold in the open market......
I guess that’s one reason I hate bailouts. Thanks.

I’m not sure they were done repaying at the time of your link...

Be sure or stay on the sidelines.

We lost billions.
Interesting. I swear obama claimed they were all paid back.

Interesting. I swear obama claimed they were all paid back.

He did. He lied.

Many? You mean most have and everyone has the opportunity. So I guess I haven’t gotten special treatment.

You have the opportunity to go back to school.

I already have a degree. No special treatment for me it seems.

You are getting plenty already.

Define “plenty”

Define “plenty”

More than others.

You are back to that? Take a shot at it again then. Your claim is benefitted by pretty much everyone, that isn’t special treatment...

Forum List

Back