Biden on forgiving student loan debt

I hope he doesn’t. It will just promote schools to charge more.
If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankind greatest inventions. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come
And what is the average salary for music degree holders?

Why does that matter?
Because they are borrowing to go to school. Isn’t it irresponsible to let people borrow if they will be in debt forever?

Who said they are being irresponsible? You are the one making the leap. Show where music majors are not paying their loans.
I know a lot of people with regrets about going to school and how much they still owe. A LOT of people.

So what? The small number of people you claim to know is irrelevant. I kinda doubt there are many lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc that wished they had skipped school and became a fry cook.
Yes but there are lots of people asking for this loan forgiveness. If they are happy with their education and how much they paid it’s really dishonest to be asking for forgiveness.

Again, it was dishonest for GM to have their loans forgiven? They are unhappy being an auto manufacturer?

Why should holders of student loans be any different than the markets wanting to see taxpayer money benefit them?
I’m not aware of what you are saying with GM. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

If there is no regret they are happy with their purchase. No need for forgiveness.

If we are going to do wrong and we are, I'm going to support all benefitting.
Well you are wrong there too. I paid for my college. I will get nothing.

Do you have a 401K or investments?
I paid for my college. This would benefit just a few, not all. And it will increase the cost of college for future students. It’s not a plan.

You avoided my question so I will assume that would be a yes that you have investments which mean you have benefitted. You are now pissed that others will.
People who will get this forgiveness also have them . They double dip? Nothing is fair about what you are proposing,

If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankind greatest inventions. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come

Why does that matter?
Because they are borrowing to go to school. Isn’t it irresponsible to let people borrow if they will be in debt forever?

Who said they are being irresponsible? You are the one making the leap. Show where music majors are not paying their loans.
I know a lot of people with regrets about going to school and how much they still owe. A LOT of people.

So what? The small number of people you claim to know is irrelevant. I kinda doubt there are many lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc that wished they had skipped school and became a fry cook.
Yes but there are lots of people asking for this loan forgiveness. If they are happy with their education and how much they paid it’s really dishonest to be asking for forgiveness.

Again, it was dishonest for GM to have their loans forgiven? They are unhappy being an auto manufacturer?

Why should holders of student loans be any different than the markets wanting to see taxpayer money benefit them?

If there is no regret they are happy with their purchase. No need for forgiveness.

I paid for my college. This would benefit just a few, not all. And it will increase the cost of college for future students. It’s not a plan.

You avoided my question so I will assume that would be a yes that you have investments which mean you have benefitted. You are now pissed that others will.
People who will get this forgiveness also have them . They double dip? Nothing is fair about what you are proposing,

For some, I expect they will get double. It's better than some getting all.

I’m not sure they were done repaying at the time of your link...

Be sure or stay on the sidelines.

General Motors Bailout Cost Taxpayers $11.2 Billion.

We lost billions.
Interesting. I swear obama claimed they were all paid back.

Why does that matter?

Ah so some double dip and others get hosed. Yeah not buying what you are selling.

Most of these people hoping for loan forgiveness must regret spending so much for school.

Did GM regret being an auto manufacturer when they got their loans forgiven?
GM got their loans forgiven? Link that please.

OMG, educate yourself. This has been covered so many times....................it really gets old.
There were bailouts. Not the same as forgiveness. Be specific. What are you referring to here? GM repaid their TARP loan. Where is the forgiveness? You made the statement, you provide the proof.

Educate yourself. I suspect you already know though.
They repaid their TARP loan. Show me otherwise.

You are already aware of the loss. Why do you do this?

GM could have paid more. The Gov't didn't structure the repayment correctly.

Maybe you should educate yourself. GM is still around and paying taxes and employing workers. The Gov't gave them a sweetheart deal. Not GM's fault.

I’m not sure they were done repaying at the time of your link...

Be sure or stay on the sidelines.

We lost billions.
Interesting. I swear obama claimed they were all paid back.

He did. He lied.

Why does that matter?

Ah so some double dip and others get hosed. Yeah not buying what you are selling.
How the F*CK are we on the same page here? Is the world ending?

Most of these people hoping for loan forgiveness must regret spending so much for school.

OMG, educate yourself. This has been covered so many times....................it really gets old.
There were bailouts. Not the same as forgiveness. Be specific. What are you referring to here? GM repaid their TARP loan. Where is the forgiveness? You made the statement, you provide the proof.

Maybe you should educate yourself. GM is still around and paying taxes and employing workers. The Gov't gave them a sweetheart deal. Not GM's fault.

Students will get a sweetheart deal.

No. Students don't employ anyone. If GM went bankrupt it would have cost the Gov't a lot more.

No. Students don't employ anyone. If GM went bankrupt it would have cost the Gov't a lot more.

Of course those with degree's employ people. And for the record, GM did go bankrupt.

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
Ever thought that it isn't everyone else's responsibility to carry around the dead beats who do nothing but over breed for a government check, commit crimes, and cause trouble for everyone else?

Cut the "help" off and force those unable and unwilling to care for themselves from breeding more like them creating more and more problems.

Why does that matter?

Contrary to popular belief I am an independent.

Why does that matter?

Contrary to popular belief I am an independent.
Hmmm.....

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
Ever thought that it isn't everyone else's responsibility to carry around the dead beats who do nothing but over breed for a government check, commit crimes, and cause trouble for everyone else?

Cut the "help" off and force those unable and unwilling to care for themselves from breeding more like them creating more and more problems.

I'm not interested in your ignorant vast generalizations.

Lotta money at a minority of people. It’s a vote loser for sure. Those who have paid already will be mad. Future people who don’t get forgiveness will be mad. Cost of college will only go up. You wanna lose control on unfair policy?

Lotta money at a minority of people. It’s a vote loser for sure. Those who have paid already will be mad. Future people who don’t get forgiveness will be mad. Cost of college will only go up. You wanna lose control on unfair policy?
Bingo....its your debt own it and pay it. Period. End of story.

Biden has long run on this. He won. (he really did).

I want it all to fall apart so I don't care about control.

What does that even mean? You want anarchy?

Well we’ve made it clear it is unfair policy. I’m not on board.

What does that even mean? You want anarchy?

I lean further that way all the time.

Forum List

Back