Biden regime admits they have been lying about number of oil leases.

So, why are the 6,700 not being used by the oil companies?

Why is the US rig count is up 109% since Jan 2021.

Why are US oil exports in 2022 were the highest in history.

Why US oil production was higher in 2022 than 3 of the 4 years under Trump.

I would say that despite Biden's best efforts, the oil industry is is booming. They do not actually care what Biden says or does.
You're probably right about that. As for the leases not being used, I would postulate that they have a low expectation that there's any oil worth extracting under them.

I would say that despite Biden's best efforts, the oil industry is is booming. They do not actually care what Biden says or does.
Exactly. Whether it’s 6700 or 9000, there are THOUSANDS of unused leases and oil profits And profits are way up

You're probably right about that. As for the leases not being used, I would postulate that they have a low expectation that there's any oil worth extracting under them.

so it is basically a meaningless number

so it is basically a meaningless number
It is, unless we get the number that the oil industry is interested in. It's kind of like telling a paraplegic that there are plenty of unfilled jobs available and he should get one when they're all doing construction.

Most people are smart enough to know that you only drill where you have a reasonable expectation there is oil under the ground. Even exploratory holes are expensive.
Ummm…..Then why request a permit if you have no expectation of drilling?

Is anyone shocked they have been lying?

Flashback: Biden, White House cited inaccurate '9,000 unused permits' figure more than 20 times​

"For nearly a year, the White House has been trying to shift blame for hindering oil and natural gas development on federal lands," Kathleen Sgamma, the president of the Western Energy Alliance, told Fox News Digital. "They use the claim about 9,000 permits to beat up the industry and deflect for their failure to efficiently process permits. Now it turns out the numbers were off by thousands."
"The reality is this administration has done everything possible to make it more difficult to produce oil and natural gas on federal lands," she continued. "Studies show the United States would be producing 2-3 million more barrels per day, thereby lowering process for consumers, if it weren’t for these bad policies."
FOSSIL FUEL PROFITS ARE VITAL FOR GREEN ENERGY PROJECTS DEMS ROUTINELY TOUT
In addition to Biden, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, former press secretary Jen Psaki, spokesperson John Kirby and anonymous administration officials all cited the figure.
"One thing I want to say about the oil companies: They talk about how we have — they have 9,000 permits to drill," Biden remarked in June. "They’re not drilling. Why aren’t they drilling?"

Throw the bums out!!!!

As far as production, 2022 was about 3.5% less than 2019, but more than 2018 and 2017.

At the current rate we will surpass 2019 sometime this year, if the oil companies do not cut back due to demand dropping
Then I would argue production is down at least 3.5% unless there was some indicator that production was going to decrease without the pandemic and economic shutdown happening.

We shouldnt see a decrease in demand with summer coming. If we do that wouldn’t be a good sign.

Then I would argue production is down at least 3.5% unless there was some indicator that production was going to decrease without the pandemic and economic shutdown happening.

We shouldnt see a decrease in demand with summer coming. If we do that wouldn’t be a good sign.

Is production down since Biden took office?

Both active wells and amount produced was dropping off in late 2019 even before COVID.

Rig count peaked in Dec of 18 and was dropping long before anyone heard of COVID

Last edited:
Oil exports, maybe because your dumbass president is selling from our strategic oil reserves, you fucking idiot.

However, because the price of gasoline depends largely on the cost of crude oil, which is mostly based on global supply and demand, experts told us that oil sold from the reserve does not need to stay in the U.S. to bring down gasoline prices.

“Whether it stays in the United States or goes somewhere else is less important than does it succeed in changing the global balance of supply and demand, because that’s what drives the price,” Mark Finley, a fellow in energy and global oil at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy, told us in an interview."

Here is where we gained our illustrious status, (but meaningless in terms of gasoline price) of energy independence.

Pretty sure you need the permit to even start the exploration phase of oil production. I could be wrong though.
There are land use permits needed to do seismic surveys but they are different than for drilling. Sometime there is already seismic data on a site and they can just buy that......

Is anyone shocked they have been lying?

Flashback: Biden, White House cited inaccurate '9,000 unused permits' figure more than 20 times​

"For nearly a year, the White House has been trying to shift blame for hindering oil and natural gas development on federal lands," Kathleen Sgamma, the president of the Western Energy Alliance, told Fox News Digital. "They use the claim about 9,000 permits to beat up the industry and deflect for their failure to efficiently process permits. Now it turns out the numbers were off by thousands."
"The reality is this administration has done everything possible to make it more difficult to produce oil and natural gas on federal lands," she continued. "Studies show the United States would be producing 2-3 million more barrels per day, thereby lowering process for consumers, if it weren’t for these bad policies."
FOSSIL FUEL PROFITS ARE VITAL FOR GREEN ENERGY PROJECTS DEMS ROUTINELY TOUT
In addition to Biden, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, former press secretary Jen Psaki, spokesperson John Kirby and anonymous administration officials all cited the figure.
"One thing I want to say about the oil companies: They talk about how we have — they have 9,000 permits to drill," Biden remarked in June. "They’re not drilling. Why aren’t they drilling?"

Their admission was unnecessary - anyone paying attention,who bothered to check, and who did not give Biden a pass already knew he was lying.

Biden has set the record for lying to the American people, but I am sure his apogists will want an asterisk in the record books beside his name to claim his dementia was / is responsible.

The US is currently producing 12.3 million barrels per day. Only 6 months in all US history has daily oil production exceeded that level.

Under the Biden admin the US has the highest average oil production of any president in history.

The US is currently producing 12.3 million barrels per day. Only 6 months in all US history has daily oil production exceeded that level.

Under the Biden admin the US has the highest average oil production of any president in history.
What's amazing is that is in spite of Quid Pro, not because of him.

Why don't you answer your own questions? If you don't know, why won't you just admit it?

Why don't you answer your own questions? If you don't know, why won't you just admit it?

Who answers their own questions?

Do you post questions and then answer them?

If so I would like to see some examples.

What's amazing is that is in spite of Quid Pro, not because of him.
Since the 2008 campaign where "drill baby drill" was the theme of both candidates, oil production has increased nearly three fold from the low production mark of 2005. 10 years under Democrat presidents and 4 years under a Republican president.

Forum List

Back