🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden to Putin: I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul

R

rdean

Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose. “I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”

“You said that?” I asked. It sounded like a movie line.

“Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”

Jill Biden urged him to reconsider. She told me, “I was angry at George Bush for getting us into that war. To me, it was so senseless.” She had pushed her husband to run for President, because, she said, “You’ve got to end that war.” Now the Vice-Presidency was another chance. Moreover, she added, “Joe started out in politics because of civil rights. And then for this to evolve and then come to this historic moment, with the first black man ever elected to be President of the United States, and for Joe to be a major part of that, I thought was really almost a fairy tale.” There was only one problem. “What was it going to be like to be No. 2?” she said. “And for him to be supporting someone else’s positions?” Biden had never worked for anyone, and he was not sure he could. He told a friend about the decisive conversation with his wife. He asked her, “How am I going to handle this?” To which she replied, “Grow up.” (Jill’s recollection is diplomatic: “I kept at it and, finally, he agreed.”)

The Evolution of Joe Biden

Hilarious article on Joe Biden. I liked the part: His teeth are so white, they voted for Mitt Romney.

Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose.

“I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”
“Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”

Jill Biden urged him to reconsider. She told me, “I was angry at George Bush for getting us into that war. To me, it was so senseless.” She had pushed her husband to run for President, because, she said, “You’ve got to end that war.” Now the Vice-Presidency was another chance. Moreover, she added, “Joe started out in politics because of civil rights. And then for this to evolve and then come to this historic moment, with the first black man ever elected to be President of the United States, and for Joe to be a major part of that, I thought was really almost a fairy tale.” There was only one problem. “What was it going to be like to be No. 2?” she said. “And for him to be supporting someone else’s positions?” Biden had never worked for anyone, and he was not sure he could. He told a friend about the decisive conversation with his wife. He asked her, “How am I going to handle this?” To which she replied, “Grow up.” (Jill’s recollection is diplomatic: “I kept at it and, finally, he agreed.”)

Hilarious article on Joe Biden. I liked the part: His teeth are so white, they voted for Mitt Romney.

“I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”
of all the fucking people to say shit like this, makes it rather humorous, in fact i damn near busted out laffing [SIC] libberscum in general have no soul, which can be witnessed right here on USMB every day and nearly every post one makes.., my OPINION is that if you do not believe in GOD almighty.., you also have no soul.

oooh!! i peeked in on "Clean Debate Zone" last eve in a"debate" about evolution.., it was anything but clean debate, there was name calling and snippiness by every non believer in GOD vs evolution.

Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose.

of all the fucking people to say shit like this, makes it rather humorous, in fact i damn near busted out laffing [SIC] libberscum in general have no soul, which can be witnessed right here on USMB every day and nearly every post one makes.., my OPINION is that if you do not believe in GOD almighty.., you also have no soul.

oooh!! i peeked in on "Clean Debate Zone" last eve in a"debate" about evolution.., it was anything but clean debate, there was name calling and snippiness by every non believer in GOD vs evolution.

In many instances such as this one the word "soul" is used is a term to refer to a visible sense of compassion and humanity, I wonder what one would see looking into your eyes?

The New Yorker is a far left blog site..

This is a piece that is designed to help possible push Biden into a 2016 race.

So the far left blog site is pushing a far left politician and the far left posters are eating it up like candy.

Every family has a Joe Biden.

Ya know.......the weird old uncle they only wheel out for family reunion pictures but no one wants to claim.

Joe Biden is the Democrat Party's weird uncle.

They bring him out for photo ops but cringe if someone mistakenly hands crazy Joe the microphone. .. :lol:

Bush was a mark for Putin, Biden isn't; that is the difference.

Last edited:

In many instances such as this one the word "soul" is used is a term to refer to a visible sense of compassion and humanity, I wonder what one would see looking into your eyes?

GOD, Country and FAMILY :up:

i will not be asking what i would see looking into your eyes..., i know what i would see :up: ................ :lmao:

Biden never said that, it's another Biden acid flashback.

We all know Putin consulted Obama to get permission to shoot down MYA 17

Biden never said that, it's another Biden acid flashback.

We all know Putin consulted Obama to get permission to shoot down MYA 17

Are conservatives buying this? Also, I checked, only Bush's WORD he saw his soul. Bush sticks by his belief he saw the goodness in Putin.

Last edited:
Every family has a Joe Biden.

Ya know.......the weird old uncle they only wheel out for family reunion pictures but no one wants to claim.

Joe Biden is the Democrat Party's weird uncle.

They bring him out for photo ops but cringe if someone mistakenly hands crazy Joe the microphone. .. :lol:

Note those that support Russia over the USA.

Last edited:
Biden recalled visiting with Putin in 2011, when he was Prime Minister of Russia, sharing the story of what was likely a reference to former President George W. Bush's comments that he looked into Putin's eyes and "saw his soul":

To illustrate his emphasis on personality as a factor in foreign affairs, Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose. “I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”

“Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”​

MORE: Joe Biden Once Looked At Putin And Said 'I Don't Think You Have A Soul'

The Evolution of Joe Biden - The New Yorker

Good for you, Joe! You were obviously correct.

Forum List

Back