Biden to tax away your guns

Take them apart.

Then you don't have a gun...you have parts.

Bare receiver is a gun/firearm.

Technically no in the case of the AR-15 unless Republicans closed the loophole.

I reckon it is far easier than flat out banning them.

OK, this is too funny. It is a two hundred dollar tax, and a registration, for...

"a modern sporting rifle".

Now what is this thing, called "a modern sporting rifle". Is my gopher gun a "modern sporting rifle"? My deer gun? What about my duck gun? Bird gun, well, which bird? So I looked some more.

View attachment 418152

There are your "modern sporting guns". You got a SCAR and a Vector. All perfect for blinking soda cans.

And all those owners are going to line up to register their guns and pay the two hundred bucks.

LMAO

As always the ATF will make a few examples so mind shatteringly fascist that the bulk of gun owners will fall into line, at least on the surface. Tens of millions of us have already bowed down to registration—in some states registration with multiple agencies at both state and federal levels.

There are millions of gun owners out there, in fact I'd say just about every American has at least one gun.

Vote the assholes out of office.

You would be surprised how many liberals in many big cities have never even seen or held a real gun. They are completely insulated from reality in their big bubbles.
Our legislators are simply not doing their job.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

The founders wanted universal military training so that we could always count on citizen soldiers for defense, and they did not want a standing mercenary military that could not be trusted.

They were more interested in having those ready to fight a tyrannical Government than and attacking army. That's why they put the 2nd Amendment in.

Correct. Given the prior historical track record of European tyrants applying authoritarian smackdowns to new and thriving nations it is no wonder our Founders feared most an almost immediate turn away from their Constitution and Bill of Rights specifically, back to a monarchy or worse.

And that seems to be what happened?
The 2nd amendment was to prevent any and all federal weapons laws, and yet now we have the BATF threatening us?

Only because We The People willingly went along with 2A restrictions . . . every last one of them.

We didn’t go along. We cheered them. And we cheer them today. Just as we cheered the restrictions on every other freedom.

Taxing to end a right? No right is being taken away. If you want to own those guns, pay up the tax. If not, you can still own all kinds of guns that are not "modern sporting rifles".

It's not about 'Taxing to end a right" ... It's about taxing something in a way that it violates a person's ability to exercise that right.
It wouldn't just apply to the firearm, but the ammunition as well.

But hey, if they make it so only government, wealthy people and criminals have firearms, you've got nothing to worry about ... Right?

There are many other type of guns besides "modern sporting rifles". The second amendment does not say thou shall have the right to own "modern sporting rifles". It says "arms". It does not say "any arms", just arms. Get over yourself.

This can be appealed in court....it would be like taxing books and magazines or newspapers to the point you invalidate the 1st Amendment...

Not really, since it is already done. Even Scalia admitted jurisdictions have the authority to tax guns. And that includes the federal government. It is actually a great idea, just make those "modern sporting rifles", that still cracks me up, like automatic weapons. Eliminating selling new by preventing their production, and then taxing the ones that are in private hands. Not really seeing a case here. You can still own your pistols, shotguns, and real rifles.

You are a dumb human being.....taxing to end a Right is not the same as a sales tax that is general on all products....

Taxing to end a right? No right is being taken away. If you want to own those guns, pay up the tax. If not, you can still own all kinds of guns that are not "modern sporting rifles".

Moron, banning guns is taking away a Right. You asshats tried to use Poll Taxes to keep Blacks from voting, now you want to use taxes to take guns away from people.......you are vile.

Those rifles are protected by the 2nd Amendment...by name, you doofus....

Notice...when Scalia wrote this there were only 5 million AR-15s in private hands...now there are over 20 million...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf
That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.
Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629. And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.
The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001),
the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

Stupid. Assault weapons have been banned before. And there are numerous assault weapons bans in dozens of local jurisdictions. They get challenged in court all the time by some lame brain gun nut, or most often, the gun manufacturers who have been fleecing their pockets selling those damn plinking guns to fools for years now. Those guns, like that are in my posted picture, represent the gun industries most profitable products.

This can be appealed in court....it would be like taxing books and magazines or newspapers to the point you invalidate the 1st Amendment...

Not really, since it is already done. Even Scalia admitted jurisdictions have the authority to tax guns. And that includes the federal government. It is actually a great idea, just make those "modern sporting rifles", that still cracks me up, like automatic weapons. Eliminating selling new by preventing their production, and then taxing the ones that are in private hands. Not really seeing a case here. You can still own your pistols, shotguns, and real rifles.

Just curious........what is your problem with the AR-15 rifle? I know why democrat politicians want to ban them, but what is your particular issue with them?

They are overpriced, pretty damn near useless when it comes to a weapon of self-defense. To be honest, they are like an overpriced Saturday Night special, just with a only slightly bigger bullet and a longer barrel. They are specifically made for ignorant individuals with tiny little *&$('s.

OK, this is too funny. It is a two hundred dollar tax, and a registration, for...

"a modern sporting rifle".

Now what is this thing, called "a modern sporting rifle". Is my gopher gun a "modern sporting rifle"? My deer gun? What about my duck gun? Bird gun, well, which bird? So I looked some more.

View attachment 418152

There are your "modern sporting guns". You got a SCAR and a Vector. All perfect for blinking soda cans.

And all those owners are going to line up to register their guns and pay the two hundred bucks.

LMAO

As always the ATF will make a few examples so mind shatteringly fascist that the bulk of gun owners will fall into line, at least on the surface. Tens of millions of us have already bowed down to registration—in some states registration with multiple agencies at both state and federal levels.

There are millions of gun owners out there, in fact I'd say just about every American has at least one gun.

Vote the assholes out of office.

You would be surprised how many liberals in many big cities have never even seen or held a real gun. They are completely insulated from reality in their big bubbles.

And you would be surprised at the number of liberals that are Project Appleseed qualified, and even more surprised at the number that are Project Appleseed instructors.

There are many other type of guns besides "modern sporting rifles". The second amendment does not say thou shall have the right to own "modern sporting rifles". It says "arms". It does not say "any arms", just arms. Get over yourself.

Sweetie, I don't know what you are talking about.
I currently have what you may or may not define as a sporting rifle and damn sure don't use it for sport.
I really don't need to get over anything, and you seem to be having more problems with it than me ... :thup:

Sweetie, I don't know what you are talking about.
I currently have what you may or may not define as a sporting rifle and damn sure don't use it for sport.
I really don't need to get over anything, and you seem to be having more problems with it than me ... :thup:

If you have an "assault weapon", and it is chambered in .223. Then yeah, you have a modern sporting rifle. Great for plinking soda cans, not good for much of anything else. My primary rifle is a Remington Model 700, and if you have paid attention I am Appleseed Project qualified, as are all my children, which means we are accurate at 500 yards. I have a ten gauge for duck hunting, a 12 gauge for pheasant hunting, a 16 gauge double barrel because, well it is rare and a sweet shooting gun for dove hunting. But I normally use a .410 for quail hunting. It is a hunter's first gun, and his last gun. It will knock the birds down with a precise shot, but I usually have to pull their heads off after the dog brings them to me still alive. But it sure makes cleaning easier.

If you have an "assault weapon", and it is chambered in .223. Then yeah, you have a modern sporting rifle. Great for plinking soda cans, not good for much of anything else. My primary rifle is a Remington Model 700, and if you have paid attention I am Appleseed Project qualified, as are all my children, which means we are accurate at 500 yards. I have a ten gauge for duck hunting, a 12 gauge for pheasant hunting, a 16 gauge double barrel because, well it is rare and a sweet shooting gun for dove hunting. But I normally use a .410 for quail hunting. It is a hunter's first gun, and his last gun. It will knock the birds down with a precise shot, but I usually have to pull their heads off after the dog brings them to me still alive. But it sure makes cleaning easier.

Excuse me, my "assault weapons" are .308's, and if I want to plink cans I can use the Remington or Glenfield .22 LR.
If I pick up one of the .308's, it is because I am about to go kill something.

Excuse me, my "assault weapons" are .308's, and if I want to plink cans I can use the Remington or Glenfield .22 LR.
If I pick up one of the .308's, it is because I am about to go kill something.

LMAO, and just what have you "killed" recently?

LMAO, and just what have you "killed" recently?

Six point white tail deer Monday morning a little after 07;00 at 130 meters.

But, that was with a Patriot/Vortex .308 bolt action.
I haven't had to shoot a deer more than once since I was 13 years old, so an assault weapon isn't necessary.
The .308 assault weapons are for coyotes, hogs or any other unwelcome visitors and not for hunting.

The last time I bloodied one of those was in September.

Y'all gun fetishists try this shit every time.

Has it ever worked?
Even liberals are stocking up on guns and ammo

but like the homeowners in St Louis libs may never learn to use the guns they buy

I think the left - you perhaps - would like to take away guns but dont yet have the power to do so

You also think mysterious creatures jump out of the comic books you frequent to create fake ballots, soooooooooo............. :eusa_hand:

Nothing changes Dim’s love the hear the sound of their own voice and push their flowery bull shit, makes them feel good.

Y'all gun fetishists try this shit every time.

Has it ever worked?

I'll be putting my check in the mail right now. :thup:

140812135312-gun-mail-640x360.jpg

Question. How does Biden do any of this without new legislation?
he can issue an executive order and dare you spineless republican swamp rats in congress to oppose him

But biden is a long, long way from the white house

Forum List

Back