Biden vs Trump 2024 from Now till November 5, 2024

kh04x5.jpg

“Where’s her husband? Oh, he’s away. He’s away,” Trump said, appearing to imply Haley was having challenges in her marriage that would explain her husband’s absence. “What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone.”

At her separate rally in Gilbert, South Carolina, Haley addressed Trump’s comments head on, and again challenged the former president to a debate.

“I need to start with the fact that Donald Trump had a rally today, and in that rally, he mocked my husband’s military service,” she began.

“I have long talked about the fact that we need to have mental competency tests for anyone over the age of 75. Donald Trump claims that he would pass that — maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t. But if you mock the service of a combat veteran, you don’t deserve a driver’s license, let alone being President of the United States.”

Haley’s husband also responded with a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, showing a photo of a wolf: “The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”

The fiery back and forth comes as the Trump campaign seeks to pummel Haley in her home state in this month’s fast-approaching primary. Haley has also turned up the heat against Trump as her path toward the GOP nomination narrows and she remains his last remaining competitor. She later fundraised off Trump’s attack.

---------

A POLITICO report last month revealed that Trump had told European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen in 2020 that the U.S. wouldn’t come to Europe’s defense if it was attacked.

Trump alleged NATO countries subsequently spent “billions and billions” of dollars on their defenses in the wake of his threat — a claim that has not been substantiated.

Trump’s comments on NATO and Haley’s husband’s military service quickly set social media alight. It remains to be seen how they will affect polling in military-friendly South Carolina after the dust settles on this latest escalation in the scorched earth campaign for the Republican nomination.

(full article online)

Trump is a Russian asset​

When people show you who they are, believe them.

The Republican Party, led by former President Trump, has now transformed into the Party of Putin, prioritizing power and wealth and showing no concern for the erosion of Americans' rights and freedoms.

Trump has demonstrated a strong desire to be an authoritarian despot focused on political retribution, contempt, hostility, misinformation, and the erosion of the rule of law and civil liberties. There is nothing that he will not say or do to keep himself in power and prop up Russia.

No one should be surprised by the report this weekend that former President Trump is willing to hand our allies over to Russia.

"Trump said that he told a president of a NATO country that he "would not protect" their country if Russia attacked it, because their country was not spending enough on defense. "In fact, I would encourage [Russia] to do whatever the hell they want," Trump said he told that president."¹
Trump has been working through the years to gain Putin's admiration:

• Invited Russia to meddle in the U.S. elections²
  • Sided with Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies³
  • Revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador⁴
  • Threatened to pull out of NATO⁵
  • Withheld aid to Ukraine so that Russian-backed separatists could amass power⁶
  • Stole classified documents from the American people and refused to return them⁷
In fact, Donald Trump's former national security advisor, John Bolton, wrote that Trump could "Throw Ukraine under the bus to favor Russian President Vladimir Putin. Indeed, it is a close contest between Putin and Xi Jinping, who would be happiest to see Trump back in office," he writes.⁸

From his days in the 2016 campaign to now, Donald Trump has repeatedly shown a desire to be subservient to Putin and Russia's expansion into Europe. The Party of Putin threatens all of us. Our national security, the rule of law, and our rights and freedoms are all under attack. We must push back and actively challenge candidate Trump and the party that supports him.

Now is the time for all good people to show up and speak out for democracy.

Until a few days ago, I was feeling fairly sanguine about America’s prospects. Economically, we’ve had a year of strong growth and plunging inflation — and aside from committed Republicans, who see no good, hear no good and speak no good when a Democrat is president, Americans appear to be recognizing this progress. It has seemed increasingly likely that the nation’s good sense would prevail and democracy would survive.

But watching the frenzy over President Biden’s age, I am, for the first time, profoundly concerned about the nation’s future. It now seems entirely possible that within the next year, American democracy could be irretrievably altered.

And the final blow won’t be the rise of political extremism — that rise certainly created the preconditions for disaster, but it has been part of the landscape for some time now. No, what may turn this menace into catastrophe is the way the hand-wringing over Biden’s age has overshadowed the real stakes in the 2024 election. It reminds me, as it reminds everyone I know, of the 2016 furor over Hillary Clinton’s email server, which was a minor issue that may well have wound up swinging the election to Donald Trump.

As most people know by now, Robert Hur, a special counsel appointed to look into allegations of wrongdoing on Biden’s part, concluded that the president shouldn’t be charged. But his report included an uncalled-for and completely unprofessional swipe at Biden’s mental acuity, apparently based........

(full article online)

Legal analysts on Thursday were stunned by special counsel Robert Hur’s decision to release a report attacking President Joe Biden’s age and memory while also clearing him in the classified documents case.

Speaking on MSNBC, former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmanncalled Hur’s commentary “entirely inappropriate,” “irrelevant,” and “gratuitous.”

“It is also exactly what you’re not supposed to do, which is putting your thumb on the scale that could have political repercussions,” said Weissmann, who noted that the Justice Department’s lingo is “put up or shut up.”

He said, “You either decide to go forward, that there is proof here, or you don’t say anything at all with respect to your opinions about the case.”

Weissmann said former FBI Director James Comey also flunked this test when he announced before the 2020 election that he would not charge Hillary Clinton but then attacked her anyway.

“The appropriate thing to do there is to just say ‘we’re declining, there’s insufficient proof,’” he said. “It is not a time to have a press conference to state, ‘Oh, by the way, let me give you my personal views.’”

Former acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal agreed, saying he wrote the current special counsel regulations, which say there shouldn’t be a public report at the end and certainly not with “a list of adjectives.”

“I’m not aware of anything quite like this, in which you’ve got a special counsel going after the sitting president for being too old and having a faulty memory,” he added. “As Andrew said, ‘totally gratuitous.’”

Forum List

Back