Biden vs Trump 2024 from Now till November 5, 2024

Joe Biden’s re-election campaign appears to be welcoming a rematch with Donald Trump.

In a just-released statement, campaign manager Julie Chávez Rodriguez said:

Tonight’s results confirm Donald Trump has all but locked up the GOP nomination, and the election denying, anti-freedom Maga movement has completed its takeover of the Republican party. Trump is offering Americans the same extreme agenda that has cost Republicans election after election: promising to undermine American democracy, reward the wealthy on the backs of the middle class, and ban abortion nationwide.
Joe Biden sees things differently. He’s fighting to grow our economy for the middle class, strengthen our democracy, and protect the rights of every single American. While we work toward November 2024, one thing is increasingly clear today: Donald Trump is headed straight into a general election matchup where he’ll face the only person to have ever beaten him at the ballot box: Joe Biden.

as the results rolled in and it became clear that the anti-Trump contingent in the GOP is much, much bigger than he feared — and that does not bode well for the serially indicted con man in November.

Part 1

It was October 19, 2016. During the Las Vegas, Nevada, presidential debate that evening, Donald Trump, the Republican nominee, was asked point blank if he would accept the outcome of the election if he lost. Trump’s response was, “I will keep you in suspense.”

Hillary Clinton, who seems to have understood Trump better than most people at this point, called his comment “horrifying.” She pushed back, saying, “We are a country based on laws, and we’ve had hot, contested elections going back to the very beginning. But one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcomes of our election.”

President Obama’s reaction contemplated the damage Trump was already doing to our institutions. “When you try to sow the seeds of doubt in people’s minds about our elections, that undermines our democracy,” he said. “You’re doing the work of our adversaries for them.”

Senator Lindsey Graham commented on Twitter. His comment was echoed by fellow Republican Senators Jeff Flake, John McCain, and Ben Sasse.

In 2016, there were still people in the Republican Party who saw the danger in undermining public confidence in our elections. Of course, that time is long gone.

Donald Trump took the podium at a rally in Delaware, Ohio, the following day, just weeks ahead of the election. He made this statement:

“Ladies and gentlemen, I want to make a major announcement today. I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters, and to all of the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election IF I WIN.” [The crowd cheered.] “Of course I would accept a clear election result but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result. Right?” [More cheers.]

October 20, 2016

Any questions? It was clear by October 2016 that Donald Trump would not accept the outcome of an election if he lost. And let’s be precise: Trump’s position was that if he won, as he did, everything was fine. It was only if he lost an election that it should be considered “rigged.” No evidence. No data. Just a spoiled child, a bully, insisting that if he lost, it wasn’t fair.

Part 2

Everything that followed was predictable. The Big Lie in 2020 was inevitable.

Last weekend, Trump returned to his old tricks. He told an audience, "The only way they're going to win, in my opinion, is if they cheat."

Trump always says the quiet part out loud. As I’ve said, the only real question is whether the country is listening. Here at Civil Discourse we are. But far too many people, for whatever reason, do not understand that Trump will do it again. And that this time, the consequences may be worse.

Like he did in 2016, Trump again signaled in advance of 2020 that he would not accept a loss. He started early.

Here’s a February 2019 tweet from Trump.

That’s more than a year and a half out from the 2020 election. The Democratic nominee wasn’t even set at this point! And while this might be ambiguous in another context, with Trump, at this point, it wasn’t. “They cannot legitimately win.”

I thought it was deeply concerning at the time.

By July 2020, there was no longer any question of where Trump was headed. We knew the election was going to be close. We knew Trump would tell people they couldn’t have confidence in the outcome of the election if he lost. Trump was ready to burn down the house if he lost. But far too many people resisted the conclusion.

On July 19, 2020, Chris Wallace interviewed Trump on Fox News Sunday. Trump refused to commit to honoring the results of the election.

TRUMP: "I think mail-in voting is going to rig the election."

WALLACE: "Are you suggesting that you might not accept the results?"

TRUMP: "I have to see."

WALLACE: "Can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?

TRUMP: "I have to see."

Full video here.

At that time, every elected Republican should have been asked by the media if they would support him if he refused to abide by the results of the election. None of the usual, "I haven't seen his comments." Americans need to know who stands for democracy and who just wants power.

But that didn’t happen ahead of the 2020 election. It has to happen now. We already have a good picture of the Trump sycophants who will stick with him through electoral loss, illegal schemes, and full on insurrection. But the press has this responsibility, and we should encourage them to fulfill it. And if they don’t, we should ask our elected officials ourselves in town meetings or other interactions. Proof is only a cell phone away, as is the conclusion we can draw from someone who ducks the question.

I believe Trump. He will not accept the outcome of the 2024 election if he loses. He will not just fade away. Much like his lawyers told the Supreme Court to expect “bedlam” if Trump was removed from the ballot in Colorado pursuant to the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment, Trump is telling us to expect bedlam if he loses.

My experience is that far too many people still don’t appreciate how Trump will react to a loss, just like they don’t believe he will carry out an authoritarian plan for America. It does seem surreal. But he’s telling us, as clearly as he did in 2016 and 2020, what he intends to do. There are no excuses for missing the message.

Donald Trump is a billionaire, and that's who he represents," Fain said. "If Donald Trump ever worked in an auto plant, he wouldn’t be a UAW member. He’d be a company man, trying to squeeze the American autoworker. Donald Trump stands against everything the UAW stands for," he said.

Fain also talked about Biden appearing on the picket line with striking UAW workers in September, a rare instance of a sitting president joining an ongoing strike.

"Here's what Joe Biden did during our Stand Up Strike. He heard the call and showed up. He joined us in solidarity on the picket line, the first time in our nation's history a sitting president has ever done that," Fain said.

Fain later added, "Joe Biden bet on the American Worker and Trump blamed the American worker."

(full article online)

The U.S. economy expanded at a 3.3% annualized pace in the final quarter of 2023, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: It's much stronger growth than economists expected and caps a year of economic resilience as the nation avoided a projected recession.

• The economy moderated in the September-December period compared to the previous quarter's 4.9% growth, which got a notable boost from companies building up inventories.
The big picture: Economic growth has been underpinned by booming consumer spending that continued even as prices for many items remain steep and interest rates rose.

• That dynamic continued in the fourth quarter, which saw consumer spending boom: rising at a 2.8% annual rate, only slightly easing from the 3.1% in the previous quarter.
Details: The strong inventory build-up that pushed up growth in the third quarter slowed in the most recent data.

• Meanwhile, fixed investment — spending on factories, equipment and more — rose 1.9%, up slightly from the 1.4% in the third quarter.
  • Housing activity, meanwhile, slowed from the prior quarter's rapid pace: 1.1% in the fourth quarter, compared to 6.7% in the third quarter.
The bottom line: The strong data shows the U.S. economy was solid in 2023 even as aggressive interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve still rippled through the economy.

• That happened alongside cooling inflation — defying doomsayers who suggested a downturn was all but necessary to crush price pressures.

48% for Biden? Sorry, but this is a sentence for the country.
GEeHk-kXMAMkdsD

Kudos to @BlueHogReport catching this post from “Texas Patriots for Secession” earlier in the week:

He’s right on the nose. MAGA “patriots” want to have their cake and eat it, too, when it comes to the involvement of the federal government in their lives. It’s laughable; perhaps it was even meant tongue-in-cheek. But when it comes to Texas and the states supporting it in its battle against federal control of immigration policy and enforcement, there’s nothing funny going on.

Texas wants the federal government to do more to stem the flow of migrants across its border and be meaner about it. That’s hardly news, nor is it news to anyone that our immigration system is broken. Congress enacted the Immigration Reform and Control Act (also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act or the Reagan Amnesty) in November 1986 when Ronald Reagan was president. Almost 40 years later, and despite decades of attempts to reach a compromise that would set the stage for more recent changes to reflect current conditions, there has been no further legislation. Late last week, Speaker Mike Johnson announced that the compromise immigration bill the Senate was working on was “dead on arrival” in the House, and he would not bring it to the floor. And on Wednesday, in his first floor speech as speaker, Johnson said President Biden should use executive action to control migrants at the border. Have you ever heard of House Republicans suggesting a Democratic president should use more executive orders to direct policy? Without the slightest touch of irony, the man who shut down any legislative action intoned, “I’m here this morning to beg my colleagues to help us force the administration to take action.”

Why would the Speaker do that when immigration is one of the top Republican issues for the 2024 election cycle? When Republican Senators were hard at work on inserting their priorities into new legislation? Of course, we all know the answer: Donald Trump. Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) revealed the quiet part out loud when he said that a “border deal that actually reduced the flow of illegal immigration would be good for [President Biden] politically.” Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) put it straight: “The border is a very important issue for Donald Trump. And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and Congress people that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem — because he wants to blame Biden for it — is really appalling,” he told reporters.

Mehdi Hasan tweeted, “The Republicans want you to believe there is a literal invasion at our southern border, but also that it doesn’t need to be repelled or stopped … till January 2025.” Former Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill weighed in too:

(full article online)

There have been many sayings in the Media and on the boards. Is Biden too old for a second turn? Has Biden damaged the country? Is Trump capable of understanding the issues? Does he understand what he says in his rallies and interviews on television?

We are about 14 months until the election. Clearly, for me, Trump will be the candidate for the Republicans, Biden for the Democrats.

I will be posting what one side or the other, and the Media say on both until November 5, 2024.

I want to follow what happens from now until Election Day from both sides.

So, Here we go !!

Biden won’t be the nominee for the dems, Nikki Haley and Big Mikey Obama

Trump shouldn’t be the nominee either, I’d like to see Vivek and Michael Franzese for the Republicans

Forum List

Back