Big Brother's License To Steal: Feds Take Record $1.9 Trillion In Revenue...

It's theft because we have almost no say (if any) in how it is spent. If we tried to not pay taxes they (Government) would use force and arrest/fine/imprison us for it. If you doubt this, stop paying all your taxes (if you pay any) and see how far you get.

I win.
Except you don't. We elect those who make the tax laws, and if you don't like paying your taxes you're free to move out of yhe country.

That doesn't meet the definition of "consent." It defines an extortion racket, which is still theft.
Did you vote? You are represented. There is no taxation without representation. You are responsible to pay taxes.

I don't like my tax dollars to be spent bombing people half way around the world, but I am a responsible American citizen and as such I don't buy the whole anti-government Anarchist come Conservative ideology that falsely preaches taxation as a criminal racketeering conspiracy.

He hates it because it provides for both freedoms and responsibilities. It's the responsibility part that grates his cheese.

What responsibilities does the Constitution impose on me? Furthermore, when did I agree to them?

As a citizen, you are responsible to vote and pay taxes. You are not compelled, but responsible.

You are compelled to pay taxes, but not by the Constitution. What does it mean to claim you are "responsible" for voting?

Except you don't. We elect those who make the tax laws, and if you don't like paying your taxes you're free to move out of yhe country.

That doesn't meet the definition of "consent." It defines an extortion racket, which is still theft.
Did you vote? You are represented. There is no taxation without representation. You are responsible to pay taxes.

That still doesn't meet the definition of "consent." I have voted against every tax increase on the ballot and against every politician who said he would raise my taxes. How have I consented to be taxed?

[I don't like my tax dollars to be spent bombing people half way around the world, but I am a responsible American citizen and as such I don't buy the whole anti-government Anarchist come Conservative ideology that falsely preaches taxation as a criminal racketeering conspiracy.

You're a bootlicking drone, so of course you don't "buy it." However, facts and logic indicate that government is indistinguishable from an organized criminal gang.

I don't like when hoodlums use money they stole from me to pay for crack and prostitutes. How does that prove they haven't stolen my money?

What responsibilities does the Constitution impose on me? Furthermore, when did I agree to them?

As a citizen, you are responsible to vote and pay taxes. You are not compelled, but responsible.

You are compelled to pay taxes, but not by the Constitution. What does it mean to claim you are "responsible" for voting?
The 16th amendment. It's right there in the constitution. Try reading the document before you claim something else that's patently false.

The 16th amendment. It's right there in the constitution. Try reading the document before you claim something else that's patently false.

Yeah, the communist party amendment.

I didn't sign the Constitution, so it has no legitimate authority over me.

Yeah, the communist party amendment.

I didn't sign the Constitution, so it has no legitimate authority over me.
Using what passes as 'logic' in your little warped world, no living American citizen is bound in any way to the Constitution of the United States.

And you want the rest of us to take you and your opinions seriously.

good luck with that.

Still think Big Brother loves you? Well, think again. He only loves your money.

Federal Tax Revenues Set Record Through May; Feds Still Running $436B Deficit

Federal tax revenues continue to run at a record pace (in inflation-adjusted dollars) in fiscal 2014, as the federal government’s total receipts for the fiscal year closed May at an unprecedented $1,934,919,000,000, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement.

Despite record revenue, the federal government still ran a deficit of $436.382 billion in the first eight months of the fiscal year, which began on Oct. 1, 2013 and will end on Sept. 30, 2014.

In the month of May alone, the federal government ran a deficit of $129.971 billion--bringing in $199.889 billion in revenue while spending $329.860 billion.

The White House Office of Management and Budget has estimated that in the full fiscal 2014, the federal government will collect $3.001721 trillion in taxes, spend $3.650526 trillion, running a deficit of $648.805 billion.

The OMB has also estimated that, while running that deficit, the federal government will collect a record amount in inflation-adjusted tax revenues.

When adjusted for inflation (to constant 2014 dollars), the second-greatest federal tax haul through May was in fiscal 2007. By the end of May that year, the federal government took in approximately 1.908 trillion in total receipts in constant 2014 dollars...

More:
Federal Tax Revenues Set Record Through May; Feds Still Running $436B Deficit | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

MORE right wing garbage

"Federal Tax Revenues Set Record"

THIS YEAR THE US IS EXPECTED TO GET 17.3% OF GDP, HOW ECONOMISTS MEASURE IT, UP FROM THE BELOW 15% DUBYA TOOK US TOO, BUT STILL SHORT OF THE NEARLY 21% CLINTON HAD US AT

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

CBO: Fed tax rates hit historic low

The average tax rates for American households reached a historical low in 2009, according to a report issued by the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

Indeed, federal taxes for American households averaged 17.4 percent in 2009, a historical low over the 1979 to 2009 period.

WEIRD, WASN'T THAT WHEN THE TP (BIRCHERS) WERE FORMED?

CBO: Fed tax rates hit historic low - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Your taxes are really low, in one chart

taxes.png

The average filer saw her effective tax rate drop from 22 percent in 1979 to 18.1 percent in 2010

Your taxes are really low, in one chart - The Washington Post

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950

Federal, state and local income taxes consumed 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950 - USATODAY.com

You should REALLY check out the US Constitution again, I think you might be going off the conservatives, Articles Of Confederation instead...

That still doesn't meet the definition of "consent." I have voted against every tax increase on the ballot and against every politician who said he would raise my taxes. How have I consented to be taxed?

[I don't like my tax dollars to be spent bombing people half way around the world, but I am a responsible American citizen and as such I don't buy the whole anti-government Anarchist come Conservative ideology that falsely preaches taxation as a criminal racketeering conspiracy.

You're a bootlicking drone, so of course you don't "buy it." However, facts and logic indicate that government is indistinguishable from an organized criminal gang.

I don't like when hoodlums use money they stole from me to pay for crack and prostitutes. How does that prove they haven't stolen my money?

Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist; letter to Robert Morris, December 25, 1783:

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."

Let's see, Big Brother just took in record revenue, yet we're still $18 Trillion in Debt. He's doing a great job huh? I think he should steal more money from the People. It's a wise investment for them, no? Man, you Big Brother-Worshippers really do need to get a grip. :cuckoo:

you can't answer the question, can you? let's try again.

why do you believe that taxes collected by a duly elected representative government are tantamount to theft?

Read the definition of theft. Then explain how taxation differs.

A common thing I hear from conservatives is that taxation is a form of theft, but those same conservatives make exceptions to that (like law enforcement, military etc) But if taxing is forcibly taking money from one group of people and giving it to another then how can you justify taxes at all--even for the military?

Libertarians say that taxation is like theft because it takes property from the unwilling. What they ignore, time and time again, is the crucial role of democratic consent. Taxes are not arbitrary impositions decreed by a faceless government. Rather, taxes are the dues we pay in exchange for membership in a society and access to all the services it offers.

The situation can be compared to a private club that charges a membership fee in exchange for providing benefits and amenities to its members. Obviously, the club is within its rights to charge whatever price it believes fair in exchange for this. If you believe the price is too high, you’re free to renounce your membership and leave the club. What you’re not free to do is to refuse to pay, but demand that you still be allowed to sit in the club and use its facilities

Taxation Is Not Theft

The whole "taxation is theft" thing is stupid. It alienates those who preach such nonsense from the rest of the population. We do have taxation with representation.

Now, with that said, it is a sad fact that you will often hear liberals whining about "excess profits" but never "excess taxes".

So I really like this post:

Record profits, yet still not enough.

:eusa_clap:

And still the government doesn't have enough revenue.
According to the Libs anyway.

Dubya took US to Korean war levels of revenues, Obama BARELY got US back to the levels Ronnie shrunk US too when he tripled US debt. It's a 'math' thing, conservatives are HORRIBLE at that!

The whole "taxation is theft" thing is stupid. It alienates those who preach such nonsense from the rest of the population. We do have taxation with representation.

Now, with that said, it is a sad fact that you will often hear liberals whining about "excess profits" but never "excess taxes".

In the era of wage deflation and a struggling middle class, do you think it is inappropriate to "whine" about record profits?

After all, it was worker's efforts that went into those record profits. Perhaps they could wet their beak after all that hard work.

In the era of wage deflation and a struggling middle class, do you think it is inappropriate to "whine" about record profits?

After all, it was worker's efforts that went into those record profits. Perhaps they could wet their beak after all that hard work.

The imbalance is only partly created by "low" taxes. Taxing the rich more will not solve the underlying causes.

The imbalance is only partly created by "low" taxes. Taxing the rich more will not solve the underlying causes.
I'm not talking taxes, I'm talking profit sharing. I'm talking about increasing the wages of the workers who made record profits possible. I'm talking about strengthening the buying power of the middle class consumer, thus stimulating the economy.

The U.S. Government is the largest and most corrupt Corporation on this earth. When will the duped sheeple finally come to grips with that? It's no different than an average criminal gang like the Mafia.

Why do you hate the US Constitution?
He hates it because it provides for both freedoms and responsibilities. It's the responsibility part that grates his cheese.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

You are free to leave the Republic if you feel your income is being unjustly stolen by it. It's not like we have an Iron Curtain keeping you in.

I have no choice but to live within my budget, they should also.

When the previous administration maxed out the credit cards, created long term bills and cut your pay by one third, how can you?

The good news is that the rich are making BANK because we create the jobs!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Sh'up, ho. :slap:

How many times do I have to illustrate just exactly who is creating jobs in this country...

employ.png

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Show me where I signed it.

You are free to leave the Republic if you feel your income is being unjustly stolen by it. It's not like we have an Iron Curtain keeping you in.

That's exactly the kind of thing a thug would say. Those who defend taxation always use the logic of criminals.

Hardly surprising.

Forum List

Back