Bill Ayers Claims to Have Written Obama's Book

Now, back to your untrue claim about Ayers confessing yet again.

You eluded to no such evidence. Your link -

Bill Ayers claims he wrote Barack Obama's book - Arlington Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Is nothing but a story about an article that makes that claim, yet you do not link to the actual piece.

We call that hearsay.

As to the comparisons of writing styles, It's called English ... not too much room in it for leeway. Most of these so called "experts" don't really know squat. They are also betting that YOU DON'T KNOW squat, either. So, where are the similarities in writing styles? Where is the conspicuously absent claim that Ayers wrote the book?

????

Incidentally, who gives a flying leap what Bill Ayers has to say?

Why did he have to do what he did? Why didn't he just tell the truth instead of shoving an M-80 up the truth's ass?
Yeah, the dishonest scum even take that "confession" out of context used in the promotion of the new book. The "confesses" is in quotes because it is a "dash" of SATIRICAL "good humor!"

Here is the whole quote:

"Ayers reveals how he has navigated the challenges and triumphs of this public life with steadfastness and a dash of good humor—from the red carpet at the Oscars, to prison vigils and airports (where he is often detained and where he finally "confesses" that he did write Dreams from My Father)"

Last edited:
Fact: they pulled the Kennedy playbook.

Who in hell writes two autobiographies about their boring life except a future politician who's running for the big game?

It's Dem 101.

If you are referring to me, give me the facts and if persuaded I would retract. I have retracted before when I had misread something, a very rare thing for a libtard to understand, I know, but there it is.

Meanwhile, given the inability that you and other libtards have with presenting any facts, methinks the odds very low in that regard.

Dude.

I asked you when the two of them met. Had you answered that accurately (1995), I would have asked you when the book was published. The answer is 1995.

Do you see how the entire premise of your dopey thread is without possible merit?

Bill Ayers has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the writing of the book.

Now...retract and humble yourself.

Not so fast. First listen to the testimony of this postman who retired after 39 years of service as a postman for the United States Post Office. He met Obama when he was a young man - he was introduced at that time by Mary Ayers ( Bill's mother)as a foreign exchange student who her and her husband were putting through school. Where did the postman meet Obama? In the front yard of Bill and Mary Ayers home.

This had to have been prior to 1995 as you'll see in the article. Furthermore, before dismissing the postmans claim as false - what would be his motive in fabricating such a story? I cannot see one. Can you? What would be Bill Ayer's motive in claiming he was the ghost writer for Obama's book? You see, you must have motive and so far you have not presented one. Therefore it is reasonable to believe both Bill Ayers and the postman have been honest in their statements about Obama.

Have a look at the article and I will also post a clip of it for you to read. I would read the entire story because it is my experience that one must examine all the facts before condemning them as false. Otherwise you are sure to remain in eternal ignorance over the matter. When I read the story I found the man to have a very honorable career, no history of insanity, delusions of grandeur... nothing but an honest postman delivering the news of how Bill and Mary Ayers helped Barack Obama. He also says that when Obama he introduced himself to him and he told him he was going to be the president of the United States. Read this:

Postman: Ayers family put ?foreigner? Obama through school

About a year after discussing with Mary Ayers the foreign student she and her husband were supporting, Hulton recalls meeting a young black male on the sidewalk in front of the Ayers home.

Hulton describes the man as being in his early 20s, noting that he was tall, thin, had a light complexion and that his ears stuck out.

“He greeted me,” Hulton says. “He was very polite, dressed nicely, but informally – slacks and a dress shirt – and he spoke with no accent. Immediately this young black man entered into conversation with me. He told me he had taken the train out from Chicago and had come to thank the Ayers family personally for having helped him with his education.”

Hulton remembers asking the young man what his plans were for the future.

“He looked right at me and told me he was going to be president of the United States,” Hulton says.

“There was a little bit of a grin on his face when he said it – he sounded sure of himself, but not arrogant. I know how people will say things because they have an ambition, but it did not come across that way,” Hulton says. “It came across as if this young black male was telling me he was going to be president, almost as if it were the statement of a scientific fact that had already been determined, as if his being president had been already pre-arranged.”

Hulton says the claim made him speechless.

“I kind of stuttered a response and said that nowadays anything is possible. I wished him good luck with his ambition,” he says.

Immediately, Hulton associated the young black man with the foreign student Mary Ayers had mentioned to him so enthusiastically about a year earlier.

This pushes the time line of the Ayers family having known Barack Obama back to the 1980's continuing a relationship into the 90's and up to 2000 when Mrs. Ayers died. My question would be how close was Bill Ayers to his parents? Is it possible he ever went to his parents home to visit them prior to their deaths? I think it is a safe assumption that he did and that he also had met Barack Obama on numerous occasions because if Mary Ayers was willing to tell the postman about this foreign exchange student they were helping by providing the financial backing - Barack Obama - she was willing to introduce her own son to him as well. Wouldn't you say so? On that note, I believe all of you owe Jim Bowie a sincere apology. My 2 cents.

- Jeremiah

Note* It has been my experience that when someone is telling the truth they provide many details. Just as this postman has done here. Again, what would be his motive for making up such a story? What would be Bill Ayers motive in making up such a story? I do not see a motive. You have to have a motive. Ask any lawyer. I believe that the Postman and Mr. Bill Ayers are both telling the truth. Truth always prevails. It has the amazing ability to survive all the lies that try to cover it up. This has been prove time and time again. Long live the Truth. Amen.

Actually, Cabbie, you never addressed the truth here. There is no motive for Bill Ayers or the Postman to have lied. None. Think about a motive and let me know if you find one. Thanks. - J.

You should know by now, I ALWAYS do, :asshole:

The question is, when you hear the whole satirical quote, will YOU be honest enough to admit that your "highly respected" Invested Bigots Daily deliberately misled you with a half-truth/whole lie? You can hear the audience howled with laughter, they clearly got the sarcasm!!!

Bill Ayers: "I Wrote Dreams From My Father" - YouTube

That clip is over two years old and the incident that Ayers publisher is referencing is recent.

So go fuck off once again, idiot.

Why don't you post the NEW evidence? You want us to post it?

OK - I can play along ... there isn't one, because he didn't really make that claim; that's what I found.

I posted the link to the recent confession by Ayers.

You not reading it is not my problem, dude.

Now, back to your untrue claim about Ayers confessing yet again.

You eluded to no such evidence. Your link -

Bill Ayers claims he wrote Barack Obama's book - Arlington Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Is nothing but a story about an article that makes that claim, yet you do not link to the actual piece.

We call that hearsay.

As to the comparisons of writing styles, It's called English ... not too much room in it for leeway. Most of these so called "experts" don't really know squat. They are also betting that YOU DON'T KNOW squat, either. So, where are the similarities in writing styles? Where is the conspicuously absent claim that Ayers wrote the book?

????

Incidentally, who gives a flying leap what Bill Ayers has to say?

Why did he have to do what he did? Why didn't he just tell the truth instead of shoving an M-80 up the truth's ass?
Yeah, the dishonest scum even take that "confession" out of context used in the promotion of the new book. The "confesses" is in quotes because it is a "dash" of SATIRICAL "good humor!"

Here is the whole quote:

"Ayers reveals how he has navigated the challenges and triumphs of this public life with steadfastness and a dash of good humor—from the red carpet at the Oscars, to prison vigils and airports (where he is often detained and where he finally "confesses" that he did write Dreams from My Father)"

"Obama has always claimed he wrote the book, but there have been claimed (based on analysis of writing styles) that the book was written by Ayers, and now Ayers confesses he wrote it.

“Ayers is telling a different story. In promoting his new book, Public Enemy, Ayers' publisher, Beacon Press, has written a blurb on Amazon.com that says Ayers "finally 'confesses' that he did write Dreams From My Father,” the IBD article states.

It had been believed by many that Bill Ayers wrote much or all or “the best parts of Dreams.” Writing for The American Thinker, Jack Cashill conducted an extensive litarary analysis of both Dreams and Bill Ayers' 2001 book Fugitive Days. Cashill illustrates clearly that both books were quite likely written by the same author."

Jack Cashill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jack Cashill (born December 15, 1947) is an American author, journalist and blogger."[1] Cashill is a weekly contributor to the WorldNetDaily website and executive editor of Ingram's Magazine in Kansas City, Missouri.[citation needed] Former Reagan official Herbert Meyer has called Cashill, "the best investigative journalist of our time."[2]...

He has written for Fortune, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and The Weekly Standard. He has taught media and literature at Purdue and at other universities in the Kansas City area. He served as a Fulbright professor in Nancy, France....

Cashill's books include Ron Brown's Body: How One Man's Death Saved the Clinton Presidency and Hillary's Future; Popes and Bankers, A Cultural History of Credit and Debit from Aristotle to AIG; The Chautauqua Rising; Hoodwinked: How Intellectual Hucksters Have Hijacked American Culture; Sucker Punch: The Left Hook that Dazed Ali and Killed King's Dream; with James Sanders, First Strike: TWA Flight 800 and the Attack on America; and What's The Matter With California?, released on October 2, 2007. His previous book, Deconstructing Obama: The Life, Loves, and Letters of Americas First Postmodern President was released on February 15, 2011.[5] He has also written and produced several documentaries, such as Silenced: TWA Flight 800, Mega Fix and the The Royal Years.

Oh, yeah, total idiot, NOT.

Isnt it funny how no matter what a persons facts, reasoning or credentials, to libtards it is all about staying with the herd of thought. If you depart from the herd then you are a wacko, hut ball, and any other bullshit they can throw at you to try and silence you with ridicule.

Even their own allies can be tossed into the dumpster of irrelevance when it suits them.

For the libtard, it is always conclusion first, evidence and investigation later.

This current Obama regime is supported by masses of these ignorant, irrational voters.

Anyone want to debate me on these facts?

The libtards don't debate anyone other than those they cannot avoid due to circumstances or those they know they will successfully snow with bullshit.

The do not believe in Truth but in the firing squad, not in reason but in mob tactics, not in evidence but in shout down methods and intimidation. Because if they can kill the messenger, or shame them into silence or scare them into hiding, they think they have won.

YOUR facts? Obama ran as a commie?

Pass.

How about the question of when Obama actually met Bill Ayers?

Obama it is known knew Tom Ayers, Bill's father in 1988, and Michelle worked alongside Bernardine Dohrn while both were at Sidney Austin in the late eighties.

Michelle Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bernardine Dohrn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yet according to the libtards here, Obama never met Bill Ayers until 1995.

Nah, I didn't think you wanted to discuss facts cabbie. You cant handle feeling so uncomfortable, I guess, with the thought that the Big Lie Media and the political establishment would lie so much over so great a period of time.

But they do, just like they gave Ayers and Dorm a pass on all the violence they have committed as terrorists in their early adulthood for which they remain unrepentant.

But me or you would still be rotting in jail had we done any of the terrorism Ayers and Dorm have done.

No, you don't want to discuss facts, you just want to make a bunch of smart ass remarks about how stupid we are and then pat yourself on the back at how clever you have been.

Did Bill Ayers Write Obama?s Book?

Also unfortunately for Obama, Andersen’s sources – all of whom were sympathetic and appear to be at least neighbors to Obama – came to other conclusions. Andersen wrote:

These oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers. “Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together,” another Hyde Park neighbor pointed out. “It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both.” In the end, Ayers’ contribution to Barack’s Dreams From My Father would be significant – so much so that the book’s language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers’ own writing. Even the caveat at the beginning of Dreams, in which Barack points out that he uses invented dialogue, embellished facts, composite characters, inaccurate chronology, and pseudonyms to create an “approximation” of reality, resembles Ayers’ defense of the inaccuracies in his memoir Fugitive Days. In the foreword to his book, Ayers states that the book is merely a collection of his personal memories and “impressions.” … Thanks to help from the veteran writer Ayers, Barack would be able to submit a manuscript to his editors at Times Books.

On Sean Hannity’s show, Andersen explained why:

During that campaign I think he was doing some backpedaling, I’ll be honest. And I think that Michelle probably recommended that he not emphasize their relationship with Ayers.

Pass.

Obama it is known knew Tom Ayers, Bill's father in 1988, and Michelle worked alongside Bernardine Dohrn while both were at Sidney Austin in the late eighties.

Nah, I didn't think you wanted to discuss facts cabbie. You cant handle feeling so uncomfortable, I guess, with the thought that the Big Lie Media and the political establishment would lie so much over so great a period of time.

But they do, just like they gave Ayers and Dorm a pass on all the violence they have committed as terrorists in their early adulthood for which they remain unrepentant.

But me or you would still be rotting in jail had we done any of the terrorism Ayers and Dorm have done.

No, you don't want to discuss facts, you just want to make a bunch of smart ass remarks about how stupid we are and then pat yourself on the back at how clever you have been.

Thank you. Yes, I am clever ... thanks for noticing.

Bill Ayers was acquitted. Do I think he did it? Hell yes. Do I think him and Obama rode the hoobie-horse? No, I don't.

When did they first meet?

Who knows. I really don't think that they were close. Did he ghost write Obama's book? No, he did not. I need more than whether or not they met before 1995 to prove it.

Pass.

Thank you. Yes, I am clever ... thanks for noticing.

Bill Ayers was acquitted. Do I think he did it? Hell yes. Do I think him and Obama rode the hoobie-horse? No, I don't.

When did they first meet?

Who knows. I really don't think that they were close. Did he ghost write Obama's book? No, he did not. I need more than whether or not they met before 1995 to prove it.

roflmao

Did Bill Ayers Write Obama?s Book?

Also unfortunately for Obama, Andersen’s sources – all of whom were sympathetic and appear to be at least neighbors to Obama – came to other conclusions. Andersen wrote:

These oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers. “Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together,” another Hyde Park neighbor pointed out. “It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both.” In the end, Ayers’ contribution to Barack’s Dreams From My Father would be significant – so much so that the book’s language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers’ own writing. Even the caveat at the beginning of Dreams, in which Barack points out that he uses invented dialogue, embellished facts, composite characters, inaccurate chronology, and pseudonyms to create an “approximation” of reality, resembles Ayers’ defense of the inaccuracies in his memoir Fugitive Days. In the foreword to his book, Ayers states that the book is merely a collection of his personal memories and “impressions.” … Thanks to help from the veteran writer Ayers, Barack would be able to submit a manuscript to his editors at Times Books.

During that campaign I think he was doing some backpedaling, I’ll be honest. And I think that Michelle probably recommended that he not emphasize their relationship with Ayers.

roflmao

That's it? An unnamed source, eh? That's all the proof YOU need?

"I think?"

I think you got nothing....

Corsi’s Track Record

Corsi is a renowned conspiracy theorist who says that George Bush is attempting to create a North American Union (we looked at that here) and that there is evidence that the World Trade Center may have collapsed because it was seeded with explosives. More recently, Corsi claimed that Obama released a fake birth certificate. We’ve debunked that twice now. And, as our colleagues at PolitiFact.com found, many of the themes in "The Obama Nation" are reworked versions of bogus chain e-mail smears.

Logically, any argument should rise or fall on its own merits, not the reputation of the person making it. A logical fallacy – known as the "genetic fallacy" – occurs when someone rejects an argument based on its origins. The correctness of a claim should be judged by the relationship the claim has with the rest of the world.

Nevertheless, a practical rule of thumb for everyday living is to rely on sources that have proven themselves to be trustworthy, and to check even on those when an issue is in dispute.

In Corsi’s case, we judge that both his reputation and his latest book fall short when measured by the standards of good scholarship, or even of mediocre journalism.

–- by Joe Miller

Last edited:
roflmao

That's it? An unnamed source, eh? That's all the proof YOU need?

"I think?"

I think you got nothing....

Corsi’s Track Record

Corsi is a renowned conspiracy theorist who says that George Bush is attempting to create a North American Union (we looked at that here) and that there is evidence that the World Trade Center may have collapsed because it was seeded with explosives. More recently, Corsi claimed that Obama released a fake birth certificate. We’ve debunked that twice now. And, as our colleagues at PolitiFact.com found, many of the themes in "The Obama Nation" are reworked versions of bogus chain e-mail smears.

Logically, any argument should rise or fall on its own merits, not the reputation of the person making it. A logical fallacy – known as the "genetic fallacy" – occurs when someone rejects an argument based on its origins. The correctness of a claim should be judged by the relationship the claim has with the rest of the world.

Nevertheless, a practical rule of thumb for everyday living is to rely on sources that have proven themselves to be trustworthy, and to check even on those when an issue is in dispute.

In Corsi’s case, we judge that both his reputation and his latest book fall short when measured by the standards of good scholarship, or even of mediocre journalism.

–- by Joe Miller

Wow, now red herring and ad hominem all balled into one.

Corsi has far more credibility than the shit-bags you quote, and the circumstantial evidence is all his way too.

Too bad so sad, but President Liar in Chief is fooling no one with his repeated lies on so many subjects, though his minions like you keep at it through it all.

roflmao, you guys are better than stand up.

The people who own this website must be incredibly proud of what they have created.

lol, now you attack the people that own the site, for what reason?

You want them to kill the discussion because its getting too apparent about you lying your ass off?

lol, you fucking fascist goons never quit, do you?

The people who own this website must be incredibly proud of what they have created.

lol, now you attack the people that own the site, for what reason?

You want them to kill the discussion because its getting too apparent about you lying your ass off?

lol, you fucking fascist goons never quit, do you?

Yes. I harshly attacked them. You are very perceptive.

I can assure you that I do not want to kill the discussion. I want it to go on forever. I want every USMB member to join it. I want to publish it....along with your real identity....so the world can be introduced to THE STUPIDEST MAN ALIVE.

Go ahead! Prove me wrong!

Forum List

Back