Bill Maher's Islamophobic Career-Ender

Madeline has made the claim that the terrorism and murder are cultural not religious. She has stated in this thread that it is because of Arab and Middle Eastern culture that Muslim terrorism exists.

Madeline? Ever hear of Bali? Is Indonesia in the Middle east? Are you aware that in Indonesia there is an on going attack on Christians and non Muslims by Muslims? That it, like the Arab version is condoned and executed in what its followers call commandments from Islam?

Tell me Madeline is China in the Middle East? I guess you missed the murders and terrorism in China BY Muslims?

Is the Republic of the Philippines in the Middle East or Africa? I guess you haven't heard of the Muslim terrorism there either? Something that has been going on for over 100 years?

The British Muslims that planned and executed the British subway attack, were all BORN in Britain, taught in Britain, trained in Britain, educated in Britain.

How about the WHITE Americans that converted to Islam and then carried out terror attacks? What besides Islam ties them to the middle east culture?

Well Madeline?

See maddy.

She was NOT including all Americans in that statement.

Try and get your head out of your ass, truth. I was talking about faiths, not countries. In my world.... the real world.... there are countries beyond the US.

Around in the world Muslims, Jews and Christians are persecuted for their beliefs. In my opinion, we should stand together to meet those who seek to take away our freedom to practice our individual faiths. It's not unheard of for the three faiths to come together.

they are presicuted by each other and not non believers.

I think the swastika was wrong as well, frankly.

If you are going to denounce bigotry you really have to denounce it all.

He is most certainly entitled to say whatever he wants. So am I. I spoke my POV about his Islamophobia and I stand by it. As for the photo, well, if he doesn't wish for me to think of him as a Nazi, he should never have said a fucking thing about "racial purity" in the UK.

Photo stays, but hey, no one is obligated to agree with me, Ravi.

only nazis are nazis. calling anyone else a nazi is inappropriate.

also, i watched the show. he said nothing wrong.

i think perhaps you maybe should have derived your opinion from watching instead of what some blogger says.... fauxrage tends to dissipate when we do that.

I saw the clip of this segment of his show. I stand by my POV, and am shocked you aren't in agreement with me. My outrage is hardly "faux".

As for calling Maher a Nazi, if the shoe fits.......

This is America and we don't all have to agree. I also don't require x-rays of all my POVs be implanted in all my friends.

maher says what he thinks about everyone... i'm certainly not going to hold his comments to different standards.

as for him being a nazi... let me know when he says it's ok to cook people in ovens then we'll talk. so the shoe doesn't fit.

no one says you have to agree with him. you do, however, have to properly characterize what he said.

as for your 'clip' i don't know what 'clip' you saw. what i do know is that it clearly didn't contain the entire discussion.

I've always thought he night have some sort of a syphylitic deformation to his whole face.

I thought he was pretty cute until this. Ugly is as ugly does.

There's no accounting for taste Madeline (I've always wondered what my wife saw in me)

Doubtless she saw a good man, AH.

That's how you look to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WFNbMohTQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WFNbMohTQ[/ame]

only nazis are nazis. calling anyone else a nazi is inappropriate.

also, i watched the show. he said nothing wrong.

i think perhaps you maybe should have derived your opinion from watching instead of what some blogger says.... fauxrage tends to dissipate when we do that.

I saw the clip of this segment of his show. I stand by my POV, and am shocked you aren't in agreement with me. My outrage is hardly "faux".

As for calling Maher a Nazi, if the shoe fits.......

This is America and we don't all have to agree. I also don't require x-rays of all my POVs be implanted in all my friends.

maher says what he thinks about everyone... i'm certainly not going to hold his comments to different standards.

as for him being a nazi... let me know when he says it's ok to cook people in ovens then we'll talk. so the shoe doesn't fit.

no one says you have to agree with him. you do, however, have to properly characterize what he said.

as for your 'clip' i don't know what 'clip' you saw. what i do know is that it clearly didn't contain the entire discussion.

It's on the linked article in the Op, Jillian.

You lying bitch, your a huge bigot! You see blacks and Latinos as inferior to you. You see them more as children that requires the Big Brother and Sister White Superiors to take care of them and coddle them. Because god forbide, in your mind, as a whole they can never state on their own to feet and take care of themselves. Because afterall, in your mind, they are inferior children to the White Man!

And this rant comes from GHook

Who sends me neg reps on a regular basis.

Which usually includes the word "******" and other racist comments. :doubt:

Your a holocaust denier and 9/11 troofer, I am never going to show you respect!

can't access it at work. but that's neither here nor there.

inappropriate to characterize anyone as a nazi who's not a nazi.

make your own mind up after watching the entire segment.... i did. and you should know that if it had been out of line, i'd be saying so.

it wasn't... it's what he does. no group is sacrosanct.... and he didn't say anything inappropriate.

so there ya go.

can't access it at work. but that's neither here nor there.

inappropriate to characterize anyone as a nazi who's not a nazi.

make your own mind up after watching the entire segment.... i did. and you should know that if it had been out of line, i'd be saying so.

it wasn't... it's what he does. no group is sacrosanct.... and he didn't say anything inappropriate.

so there ya go.

Jillian, the show is an hour long. I have not got it on TIVO and I ain't gonna sit in the office and watch HULU.

You think there's any way he could step off those comments?

I don't.

At most, the female panelist in the clip is spreading misinformation. Sharia law in Britain merely means that two parties can go to an Islamic mediator IF THEY BOTH agree to decide divorce and custody disputes.

Maher doesn't question that...but IMO he is not a bigot. Again, his show is satirical and he can and does say whatever he wishes to say.

See maddy.

She was NOT including all Americans in that statement.

Try and get your head out of your ass, truth. I was talking about faiths, not countries. In my world.... the real world.... there are countries beyond the US.

Around in the world Muslims, Jews and Christians are persecuted for their beliefs. In my opinion, we should stand together to meet those who seek to take away our freedom to practice our individual faiths. It's not unheard of for the three faiths to come together.

they are presicuted by each other and not non believers.

Either you are lying, or just wrong. I'm not bothered which but it's one or the other.

At most, the female panelist in the clip is spreading misinformation. Sharia law in Britain merely means that two parties can go to an Islamic mediator IF THEY BOTH agree to decide divorce and custody disputes.

Maher doesn't question that...but IMO he is not a bigot. Again, his show is satirical and he can and does say whatever he wishes to say.

He also left out the fact that Jews have the same options - have done for many years in the UK... if both parties agree.

How do you excuse his comments about the rising numbers of UK Muslim babies, Ravi?

How do you excuse his comments about the rising numbers of UK Muslim babies, Ravi?
What is untrue about that comment? He's not making it up.

Stating facts about birth rate demographics is oh, so hateful. :rolleyes:

Maher made a Juan Williams-esque confession on his program when he apprehensively noted that Mohammed has just become the most popular baby name in Britain. “Am I a racist to feel alarmed by that?” Maher asked his panel. “Because I am. And it’s not because of the race, it’s because of the religion. I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?”

See above, Ravi.

Maher made a Juan Williams-esque confession on his program when he apprehensively noted that Mohammed has just become the most popular baby name in Britain. “Am I a racist to feel alarmed by that?” Maher asked his panel. “Because I am. And it’s not because of the race, it’s because of the religion. I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?”

See above, Ravi.
You have issues with facts, right?

Forum List

Back