Bill O'Reilly.....Slaves that built the white house were well fed

Steak and caviar at every meal

Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House were 'well-fed'

"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor. So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well. Got it all? There will be a quiz."

Conservatives are absolutely clueless

Why are Liberals against understanding history with the correct facts?

Nothing wrong with facts, but what was the point of bringing it up? Michelle Obama was not casting aspersions on anyone with her comments, in fact she was detailing how far we have come as a country. Why did Mr. O'Reilly feel that her statement needed an addendum, THAT particular addendum?
Did you see the threads popping up on it yesterday, again, after her speech Monday night? I think he was just trying to get his fellow goons on the same page with some facts for once.

Okay, so why add that particular clarification to the facts? He could have simply said, Mrs Obama was correct, the White House was built by slaves and she's right "We've come a long way, baby!"

I don't see why todays conservatives feel they need to defend slavery

"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor. So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well. Got it all? There will be a quiz."

The snowflakes passing out again when they hear the truth.
The left are totally ignorant of history.

So tell us what point O'Reilly was trying to make since you're so "clued in". Why did he feel that Mrs. Obama's comment needed that particular clarification? Mrs. Obama was simply pointing out that her daughters, the descendents of slaves, are now playing on the WH lawn, a WH that was, in fact, built by slaves?
Why did she feel the need to bring up some slaves were used? Tens of thousands of homes in America today were built with the help of slaves. Hundreds of thousands around the world. Houses are being built by slaves today, why didn't she bring that up? Oh yeah, links to Islam.

I just told you why. She was pointing out how far we have come as a country. Jesus are you that thick?
Government openly hunts down and murders blacks without justice, where have you been?

Non sequitur much? Obviously none of you who are defending O'Reilly's stupid comment can articulate his purpose behind saying it. We know why Mrs. Obama said what she did, she was pointing out what a great country America is and how far it has come. O'Reilly had no point. He started out okay, stomping on the idiots that were, all day yesterday, trying to deny the fact that slaves did help build the White House...he should have stopped there. There was no need to point out how "well fed and cared for" these slaves were.

Nothing wrong with facts, but what was the point of bringing it up? Michelle Obama was not casting aspersions on anyone with her comments, in fact she was detailing how far we have come as a country. Why did Mr. O'Reilly feel that her statement needed an addendum, THAT particular addendum?
Did you see the threads popping up on it yesterday, again, after her speech Monday night? I think he was just trying to get his fellow goons on the same page with some facts for once.

Okay, so why add that particular clarification to the facts? He could have simply said, Mrs Obama was correct, the White House was built by slaves and she's right "We've come a long way, baby!"

We dont.....you guys practice it....same principals

Today's, yesterday's...

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. ~ Pat Buchanan

So tell us what point O'Reilly was trying to make since you're so "clued in". Why did he feel that Mrs. Obama's comment needed that particular clarification? Mrs. Obama was simply pointing out that her daughters, the descendents of slaves, are now playing on the WH lawn, a WH that was, in fact, built by slaves?
Why did she feel the need to bring up some slaves were used? Tens of thousands of homes in America today were built with the help of slaves. Hundreds of thousands around the world. Houses are being built by slaves today, why didn't she bring that up? Oh yeah, links to Islam.

I just told you why. She was pointing out how far we have come as a country. Jesus are you that thick?

Tell BLM and the Civil rights hucksters that.....

Why? They know that. They also know we have a lot further to go. Nothing wrong with recognizing both.

Why? They know that. They also know we have a lot further to go. Nothing wrong with recognizing both.

They don't act like it....so what is the end game?

Today's, yesterday's...

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. ~ Pat Buchanan

Conservative mantra

They are much better off than when they were "Jungle Bunnies"

Certainly not the mindset of an abolitionist.

Today's, yesterday's...

Conservative mantra

So they aren't better off? What is the goal?

What's Obama doing for the estimated 24 million in slavery today?

Oh yeah, kissing Islams ass.

The Democrats were once the party of slavery, of segregation of George Wallace. They are not that party anymore.
The Republicans were once the party of emancipation, of Lincoln of Eisenhower. They are not that party anymore.

Now, their nominee, Donald Trump, cannot be distinguished from George Wallace. Who said it, Wallace or Trump?

1. “I love black people, I love white people, I love yellow people.”
Wallace

2. “It’s a sad day in this country when you can’t talk about law and order unless they want to call you a racist.”
Wallace

3. “I’m owned by the people! I mean, I’m telling you, I’m no angel, but I’m gonna do right by them!”
Trump

4. “Somebody’s going to get killed before this primary is over, and I hope it’s not me.”
Wallace

5. “That’s a typical case of the press with misinterpretation ... they take a half a sentence. Then they take quarter of a sentence. They put it all together.”
Trump

6. “If you look at black and African-American youth, I mean to a point where they’ve just about never done more poorly; there’s no spirit.”
Trump

7. “If any demonstrator ever lies down in front of my car, it’ll be the last car he’ll ever lie down in front of.”
Wallace

8. “It seems that other parts of the world ought to be concerned about what we think of them instead of what they think of us. After all, we’re feeding most of them and whenever they start rejecting 25 cents of each dollar of foreign aid money that we send to them, then I’ll be concerned about their attitude toward us.”
Wallace

9. “I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”
Trump

10. “Protesters, they realize there are no consequences to protesting anymore. There used to be consequences. There are none anymore.”
Trump

11. “A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market. I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advantage or this and that.”
Trump

12. “We must not be misled by left-wing incompetent news media that, day after day, feed us a diet of fantasy telling us we are bigots, racists and hate-mongers.”
Wallace

The Democrats were once the party of slavery, of segregation of George Wallace. They are not that party anymore.
The Republicans were once the party of emancipation, of Lincoln of Eisenhower. They are not that party anymore.

Now, their nominee, Donald Trump, cannot be distinguished from George Wallace. Who said it, Wallace or Trump?

Wallace

2. “It’s a sad day in this country when you can’t talk about law and order unless they want to call you a racist.”
Wallace

3. “I’m owned by the people! I mean, I’m telling you, I’m no angel, but I’m gonna do right by them!”
Trump

4. “Somebody’s going to get killed before this primary is over, and I hope it’s not me.”
Wallace

5. “That’s a typical case of the press with misinterpretation ... they take a half a sentence. Then they take quarter of a sentence. They put it all together.”
Trump

6. “If you look at black and African-American youth, I mean to a point where they’ve just about never done more poorly; there’s no spirit.”
Trump

7. “If any demonstrator ever lies down in front of my car, it’ll be the last car he’ll ever lie down in front of.”
Wallace

8. “It seems that other parts of the world ought to be concerned about what we think of them instead of what they think of us. After all, we’re feeding most of them and whenever they start rejecting 25 cents of each dollar of foreign aid money that we send to them, then I’ll be concerned about their attitude toward us.”
Wallace

Trump

10. “Protesters, they realize there are no consequences to protesting anymore. There used to be consequences. There are none anymore.”
Trump

11. “A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market. I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advantage or this and that.”
Trump

12. “We must not be misled by left-wing incompetent news media that, day after day, feed us a diet of fantasy telling us we are bigots, racists and hate-mongers.”
Wallace

Who was the last non racist republican?

They don't act like it....so what is the end game?

Justice

There is nothing in there suggesting O'Reilly was claiming slavery was ok which was being implied and in some cases said outright by you and your fellow lefties. Got it, good, so long.

Yet, O'Reilly is soft selling the institution of slavery
"well fed and had decent lodgings" is an attempt to justify the use of slave labor
It wasn't so bad

bullshit, no one is trying to justify slavery, pointing out historical facts that some slaves were well cared for is not an attempt to justify it.

your bullshit spin attempt is discredited..
You tell us....what is the purpose of stating that the slaves were "well fed" in this discussion?

to counter the constant dem/lib lie that all slaves were abused and mistreated. Stating that FACT does not justify or excuse slavery, it merely states a FACT.

The very fact that they were held in slavery at all is abuse and mistreatment. No amount of "facts" you present changes that.

I agree completely, No one has ever said that slavery was good, just, ethical, right, or anything except a terrible chapter in our history.

BUT, it is true that many slaves were treated humanely. That in no way justifies slavery except in the small minds of far left loons with an anti-American agenda.

Wallace

Wallace

Trump

Wallace

Trump

Trump

Wallace

Wallace

Trump

Trump

Trump

Wallace
What has Obama done for the 24 million in slavery today?

OH yeah, let illegals in to work below minimum wage for him.

Talking about slavery is comical.

We are all slaves to this filthy ass government in this country.

The combined cost of government in the US is 40% of the GDP and that means we all spend almost half of our labor directly or indirectly to support a bloated oppressive inefficient corrupt government.

Not only that but our children will also be slaves because the Federal government is $20 trillion in debt and the state and locals have another $4 trillion in debt.

Democrats are the party of the three "s"

slavery, segregation and socialism

they have always been racist
they just picked a different race now

good news, with their divisive politics
they have segregated us as a people

with Democrat's tax/spend policies
the whole US will be one big plantation and
all the American people will be slaves

Liberals freed the slaves and secured equal rights for black Americans. Conservatives fought them every step of the way.

Wrong, republicans did those things in spite of democrat filibustering and obstructionism.

Today's, yesterday's...

Conservative mantra

So they aren't better off? What is the goal?

Were other immigrants to this country "better off" for having come here?

They escaped famine, war and political oppression to move to a country with endless economic opportunities and constitutionally protected freedoms

Everyone except for slaves who not only were not paid for their labor but had future generations enslaved also. Were they "better off"?

Wallace

Wallace

Trump

Wallace

Trump

Trump

Wallace

Wallace

Trump

Trump

Trump

Wallace

Who was the last non racist republican?

There aren't any. Plenty of Republicans, and Democrats are still racist. If you're referring to candidates, again, none since Trump is your current nominee. If you're talking about overtly racist Republican Presidents, I'd say Nixon probably.

Forum List

Back