Black Employment Lowest in 17 Years

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(CNSNews.com) -- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics( BLS), the unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it has been since the year 2000, 17 years ago.

In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.

The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.

During the Bush and Obama years (2001 -2016), the black unemployment rate fluctuated between 7.7% and a high of 16.8%.

Back in September 2017, the rate was 7.0%, a low that had not been seen since April of 2000. Prior to that, going all the way back to 1972, the black unemployment rate never fell below 7.0% and was largly in the double digits throughout the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

I don't know what the OP itself says, but I know the assertion in the thread's title is 100% inaccurate.

Though I don't know whether Trump has yet deigned to take credit for the unemployment rate among blacks, I do know his (or his supporters) doing so is, as J. Johnson writes, "akin to a man bragging that his mediocre back rubs loosened up your shoulders, when your ex taught you yoga, was certified in Reiki and worked at Massage Envy....this situation was already popping long before he showed up. African-American unemployment was at 7.7 percent when Obama left office in January." (Source)

View attachment upload_2018-1-3_2-42-47.gif

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Spare_change, post: 18968162, member: 30823"] (CNSNews.com) -- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics( BLS), the unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it has been since the year 2000, 17 years ago.In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.During the Bush and Obama years (2001 -2016), the black unemployment rate fluctuated between 7.7% and a high of 16.8%.Back in September 2017, the rate was 7.0%, a low that had not been seen since April of 2000. Prior to that, going all the way back to 1972, the black unemployment rate never fell below 7.0% and was largly in the double digits throughout the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.[/QUOTE]
`
`

corrilation7.jpg

[QUOTE="Spare_change, post: 18968162, member: 30823"] (CNSNews.com) -- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics( BLS), the unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it has been since the year 2000, 17 years ago.In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.During the Bush and Obama years (2001 -2016), the black unemployment rate fluctuated between 7.7% and a high of 16.8%.Back in September 2017, the rate was 7.0%, a low that had not been seen since April of 2000. Prior to that, going all the way back to 1972, the black unemployment rate never fell below 7.0% and was largly in the double digits throughout the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
`
`

corrilation7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Uuummmm, it's politics. Since when was reality part of politics? :dunno:

Though I don't know whether Trump has yet deigned to take credit for the unemployment rate among blacks, I do know his (or his supporters) doing so is, as J. Johnson writes, "akin to a man bragging that his mediocre back rubs loosened up your shoulders, when your ex taught you yoga, was certified in Reiki and worked at Massage Envy....
Both ends of the political spectrum do the same thing: Take credit for the good, lay blame for the bad.

If it's good, we did it; if it's bad, they did it.

Peas in a pod.

I'd think the rest of us would be insulted by this transparent behavior, but it is clear that we are not.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Spare_change, post: 18968162, member: 30823"] (CNSNews.com) -- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics( BLS), the unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it has been since the year 2000, 17 years ago.In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.During the Bush and Obama years (2001 -2016), the black unemployment rate fluctuated between 7.7% and a high of 16.8%.Back in September 2017, the rate was 7.0%, a low that had not been seen since April of 2000. Prior to that, going all the way back to 1972, the black unemployment rate never fell below 7.0% and was largly in the double digits throughout the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
`
`

corrilation7.jpg

What do think blacks are stupid? They saw the writing on the wall and understood the free ride was over and better get a job.​

Though I don't know whether Trump has yet deigned to take credit for the unemployment rate among blacks, I do know his (or his supporters) doing so is, as J. Johnson writes, "akin to a man bragging that his mediocre back rubs loosened up your shoulders, when your ex taught you yoga, was certified in Reiki and worked at Massage Envy....
Both ends of the political spectrum do the same thing: Take credit for the good, lay blame for the bad.

If it's good, we did it; if it's bad, they did it.

Peas in a pod.

I'd think the rest of us would be insulted by this transparent behavior, but it is clear that we are not.

So long "we" and "the rest of us" are editorially used in your comment, I agree. I'm pretty sure that is your intent....

`
`

corrilation7.jpg
Since when was reality part of politics?
Ever since the Constitution was initially signed. Politicians and policy makers are bid to regard reality, not invent it. The former is prudent; the latter is paltering.

Uuummmm, it's politics. Since when was reality part of politics? :dunno:
`
`

Good point. How silly of me. to assume there's anything other than partisan banter here.
Sadly partisan banter works on many Americans. The DNCMSM does it every day. The right does it too, but it only has Fox News.

It is all designed to divide Americans...and we are very divided....and the ruling class and Oligarchy promote it and benefit from it.

Well, the rest of the world isn't all special and enlightened like you are. How is that "Raging moderate movement" coming?
It's almost as if you think a majority of the country is as nasty, hateful, narcissistic and crazed as you are. And that I'm in the minority.

It's pretty clear to me that you think you and your end of the spectrum are special, with all the answers. And that the "other side" is "wrong". YOU think YOU'RE special.

Which is correct, Joe? Which one of us is in the majority?

Let's see if you can come within a few miles of a direct answer.

Last edited:
`
`

corrilation7.jpg
Ever since the Constitution was initially signed. Politicians and policy makers are bid to regard reality, not invent it. The former is prudent; the latter is paltering.
Kinda missed the point, didn'tcha..........

Unemployment among blacks is the lowest in 17 years? That means they're getting jobs. No wonder they hate Trump so much.

`
`

corrilation7.jpg
I don't think so. Reality compels politicians to accept compromise and they've been doing so for as long as the U.S. has been the United States. That they have is indicated in the content found at the link I provided.

With this new info will the rightist still claim that blacks are lazy and will only take welfare to exist upon?

`
`

corrilation7.jpg
I don't think so. Reality compels politicians to accept compromise and they've been doing so for as long as the U.S. has been the United States. That they have is indicated in the content found at the link I provided.
Uuummm, myopic view of the word "politics". What's the context of the thread? Partisan interpretation or reality......... Yeah, you missed the point....... :eusa_whistle:

`
`

corrilation7.jpg
Uuummm, myopic view of the word "politics". What's the context of the thread? Partisan interpretation or reality......... Yeah, you missed the point....... :eusa_whistle:
What's the context of the thread?

With regard to the contextual relevance of correlation not equating to causation, there is none. The OP contains nothing but a bunch of metrics and statistics. Moreover, you asserted that "it's politics," but there's nothing political in the OP, thus the thread has no political context; thus, were one to adhere to the context set by the OP, asking what correlation there be between politics and reality, is an inapt question to ask, be it sincerely or rhetorically.

`
`

corrilation7.jpg
What's the context of the thread?

With regard to the contextual relevance of correlation not equating to causation, there is none. The OP contains nothing but a bunch of metrics and statistics. Moreover, you asserted that "it's politics," but there's nothing political in the OP, thus the thread has no political context; thus, were one to adhere to the context set by the OP, asking what correlation there be between politics and reality, is an inapt question to ask, be it sincerely or rhetorically.
Apparently your personal definition/application of the word "politics" is severely limited. Are you simply being pedantic? :dunno:

Forum List

Back