Black Panther Doc

Oh dear leader...

"A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of them: "Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said."

More testimony at link. Happy Kwanza.

"A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of them: "Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said."

Back then, it was relatively easy to get information on the trial. Now it's almost impossible. It took me two days' work to find articles about it. The Los Angeles Times seems to have been the only major newspaper that reported it and the stories were buried deep in the paper, which now is available only on microfilm. And the microfilm index doesn't start until 1972, so it is almost impossible to find the three small articles that cover Karenga's trial and conviction on charges of torture. That is fortunate for Karenga. The trial showed him to be not just brutal, but deranged. He and three members of his cult had tortured the women in an attempt to find some nonexistent "crystals" of poison. Karenga thought his enemies were out to get him.

And in another lucky break for Karenga, the trial transcript no longer exists. I filed a request for it with the Superior Court of Los Angeles. After a search, the court clerk could find no record of the trial. So the exact words of the black woman who had a hot soldering iron pressed against her face by the man who founded Kwanzaa are now lost to history. The only document the court clerk did find was particularly revealing, however. It was a transcript of Karenga's sentencing hearing on Sept. 17, 1971."

FrontPage Magazine - Happy Kwanzaa
Yes, I watched Mr Nelsons film last night with great interest.

The Panthers came across as articulate,intelligent and absolutely justified in the stand that they took.

It is inevitable that this type of movement fragments but these brave people must be ranked amongst the great American heroes of all time.

Found a post of mine from 2011. You can follow that thread too if you want to more about the original BP's.

"I missed this post of yours. Herein lies the key. Karenga was working with the feds at the time. Oh crap.

I have to breathe deep here. He ordered the hit. It was staged that night when the brothers took out Bunchy and Huggy.

When I explain this to people they finally get it. Karenga smashed the Panthers and took them out by working with the FBI. I will hate him to death to the day I die. Fuck him and his Kwanza shit. We had a real movement going.

I'm white. You know that. But what the Panthers had was all inclusive. Karenga hated the fact that the Panthers had Angie and Elaine. Serious mysoginist. Well when others look at his history more will understand. And they really were going from serious left wing to truly a branch of government that could have worked at the time.

They weren't the radicals everyone made them out to be."

Bigoted Cain strikes again

The New Black Panthers are built on the blood of the originals.
Karenga worked with the FBI like I was saying. The FBI destroyed the BP's not Karenga. He was just a useful tool.

This was the same man who put a hot burning curling iron into a woman's vagina.
Why did he do that? Thats f''ked up.

I don't understand the why of the black movement now because it makes no sense to me because we rocked it then. We were equal. We were brothers and sisters white black and in between.

Karenga rules. Truly his rules. None of the original BP and our movements count. Pity. Truly a pity.

Forum List

Back