Black "pastor" arrested for crime of watering his neighbours garden

No. It isn’t. And once you’ve provided your license, insurance and registration and the cop has handed you the ticket, you are free to drive away.

Later on, if you fail to appear as per the ticket (a summons commanding you to appear on the date set), you can have a bench warrant lodged against you by a judge.

NOW you will be subject to a perfectly legal and valid arrest.
once you sign the ticket,, thats called a signature bond to be released from custody and agree to show up to court,,

try not signing the ticket and see what happens,,

just saying I'm wrong without explanation isnt doing anything but proving youre an idiot,,,

Now now, calm yourself. I’m not an idiot just because you’re wrong and I took the time to correct you.
you cant legally be pulled over for no reason..
Ah. You are closer now to the mark. You can’t “legally” be pulled over for no reason. (In fact, that’s not quite correct. Random traffic stop checkpoints don’t require that you did anything wrong; and yet the cops can still stop you.)
you may want to start reading laws before quoting on them,,
I did,,
Lol. I’ve done so. And if you are reading any laws, you aren’t understanding them.

Ever hear of People v. DeBour? Cool case out of NY. You should look it up. It’s a part of a long line of cases addressing police and citizen interactions. People v. DeBour, 40 N.Y.2d 210 (1976).

You have to respect this guy for his quick thinking. Pretending to be a pastor is a masterstroke. Alabama is a safer place due to the actions of these soon to be ex police officers.
Alabama law requires you present identification when asked by a law enforcement officer. If Jennings was actually a former LEO, he already knew that and knew he was breaking the law by refusing to show his ID.

I corrected myself because I looked up the law in alabama where they do have a stop and ID law,, even though it violated the 4th amendment,, most states dont have a stop and ID law and you are only required to show id if youve been lawfully arrested,,
"you are only required to show id if youve been lawfully arrested"
Still wrong.
Please Google "investigative detention".

Full disclosure: I was wrong above also. I stated that police need probable cause - they do not.
They only need reasonable suspicion, an even lower threshold.

??? Texas

So what's Tommy doing in England reading about much less worried about some dude mistaken for a trespasser who got arrested in Alabama because he refused to identify himself?

Seems rather odd.

The UK could get hit with a nuke before I'd much care about anything there. Guess Tommy just has way to much free time and OCD over events in the USA.

911: Hello, do you have an emergency?
Caller: Yes. I'd like to report a suspicious black man watering flowers at my neighbors house!
911: What makes him suspicious?
Caller: Didn't you hear me? He's black.
911: Sending a SWAT team immediately!

once you sign the ticket,, thats called a signature bond to be released from custody and agree to show up to court,,

They write "refused to sign" on the ticket and let you go.
Why don't you quit while you're behind?

Again, no.

If a cop has issued you a ticket it will be true that you have already provided your name by showing him your license. Then, just like a ticket on a windshield for a meter violation, no signature is required.

If you have failed to provide your driver’s license, all of that becomes moot because then you will get arrested — for driving without a license, etc.

Now now, calm yourself. I’m not an idiot just because you’re wrong and I took the time to correct you.

Ah. You are closer now to the mark. You can’t “legally” be pulled over for no reason. (In fact, that’s not quite correct. Random traffic stop checkpoints don’t require that you did anything wrong; and yet the cops can still stop you.)

Lol. I’ve done so. And if you are reading any laws, you aren’t understanding them.

Ever hear of People v. DeBour? Cool case out of NY. You should look it up. It’s a part of a long line of cases addressing police and citizen interactions. People v. DeBour, 40 N.Y.2d 210 (1976).
sounds good on paper but wont pass the reality check

I can post dozens of these,,

So what's Tommy doing in England reading about much less worried about some dude mistaken for a trespasser who got arrested in Alabama because he refused to identify himself?

I don't know. I do listen to a rotation of BBC, German news, CBC, French and Singapore News. Pro-tip Singapore News out British Broadcaster Voices the the British broadcasters at BBC...

Again, no.

If a cop has issued you a ticket it will be true that you have already provided your name by showing him your license. Then, just like a ticket on a windshield for a meter violation, no signature is required.

If you have failed to provide your driver’s license, all of that becomes moot because then you will get arrested — for driving without a license, etc.
I do believe there are a few states that dont require a signature on tickets but most do require it because its a signature bond to be released from custody,,

Last edited:
sounds good on paper but wont pass the reality check

I can post dozens of these,,

I don’t care what silliness you can post. I’m discussing the law.

I can tell you, with certainty, that just because you happen not to believe that judges know the law does not mean that judges don’t know the law.

Forum List

Back