Black "pastor" arrested for crime of watering his neighbours garden

To me, when there is nothing to hide no minds and at the end of the day, an ID presenting isn't asking for all that much.

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

P.S. Is anything going to be done with the person who dialed the law? After all, this whole thing started with their obvious nosiness.

To me, when there is nothing to hide no minds and at the end of the day, an ID presenting isn't asking for all that much.

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

P.S. Is anything going to be done with the person who dialed the law? After all, this whole thing started with their obvious nosiness.
it violates the 4th amendment,,

Watering is a potential crime?
In the West you betcha it can be. Water rationing is a thing.

reasonable articulable suspicion,,
1661450279561.jpeg

when you are pulled over it is because you broke a law

Nope. It can be for any number of reasons; but it isn’t limited to “because you broke a law.”
and are under arrest,
Nope. Not all police and civilian encounters involving a “stop” by the officer is an arrest. So the initial stop isn’t necessarily an arrest.
you cant be pulled over unless youve broke the law,,
Correction. Maybe you can’t ordinarily be pulled over (validly) unless they say you’ve broken a law. But they sometimes do it anyway. Sometimes improperly.

But, sometimes, properly. For example, highway checkpoints for drunken drivers. If the cops do it to every motorist or to every random numbered (say fifth) passing vehicle, it’s legally allowed.
I do have to correct myself, I checked and alabama is one of the few stop and ID states,, but that doesnt change they cant pull you over unless youve broke the law,,
You’re still wrong about that. It may not be a good thing that you’re wrong. But, I am sorry to say, you are mistaken.

This discussion lead me to this interesting Q & A. It doesn't apply to everyone (but one day it will muahahaha).

Wife always has to show her ID. But she's only been pulled over twice, and one was because a light was out.

Texas Law

• Section 38.02 of the Texas Penal Code
    Creates an offense for failing to identify yourself to a police officer after you have been arrested. Creates an offense for providing false identity information after you have been arrested or detained.
  • Section 521.025 of the Texas Transportation Code
    Requires that drivers provide their drivers license upon request from a police officer while operating a motor vehicle.
  • Section 411.205 of the Texas Government Code
    This statute requires those with a license to carry a handgun (LTC) to display their LTC to a peace officer upon request. Those with a "protective order designation" must also display a copy of the order.

Nope. It can be for any number of reasons; but it isn’t limited to “because you broke a law.”

Nope. Not all police and civilian encounters involving a “stop” by the officer is an arrest. So the initial stop isn’t necessarily an arrest.

Correction. Maybe you can’t ordinarily be pulled over (validly) unless they say you’ve broken a law. But they sometimes do it anyway. Sometimes improperly.

But, sometimes, properly. For example, highway checkpoints for drunken drivers. If the cops do it to every motorist or to every random numbered (say fifth) passing vehicle, it’s legally allowed.

You’re still wrong about that. It may not be a good thing that you’re wrong. But, I am sorry to say, you are mistaken.
just saying I'm wrong without explanation isnt doing anything but proving youre an idiot,,,

you cant legally be pulled over for no reason..

you may want to start reading laws before quoting on them,,
I did,,

the fuck youre not,, try driving away,,,
the speeding ticket you sign is a signature bond to be released from custody,,
The fuck you are.
If you are arrested you need to be read your Miranda rights.
Ever had your rights read to you for a speeding ticket? Or anyone you know? Or anyone you've ever heard of?

the fuck youre not,, try driving away,,,
the speeding ticket you sign is a signature bond to be released from custody,,
No. It isn’t. And once you’ve provided your license, insurance and registration and the cop has handed you the ticket, you are free to drive away.

Later on, if you fail to appear as per the ticket (a summons commanding you to appear on the date set), you can have a bench warrant lodged against you by a judge.

NOW you will be subject to a perfectly legal and valid arrest.

Wrong Wrong Wrong.
They only need probable cause.
I corrected myself because I looked up the law in alabama where they do have a stop and ID law,, even though it violated the 4th amendment,, most states dont have a stop and ID law and you are only required to show id if youve been lawfully arrested,,

In most states the police have the right to confirm your identity. If you do not comply, they have the legal right to apprehend you until that identity has been confirmed. Obliviously I do not know the laws of that specific state.
Only if they have reason to believe you have committed a crime.

The fuck you are.
If you are arrested you need to be read your Miranda rights.
Ever had your rights read to you for a speeding ticket? Or anyone you know? Or anyone you've ever heard of?
you only get read miranda if they need to investigate or question you,, if you are caught speeding or have witness's they dont need to do that,,

you ever tried driving away from getting a speeding ticket??
when you sign the ticket its a signature bond to be released from custody,,

Forum List

Back