Black Republicans

Wallace sounds just like the teabaggers of today. Yeah, I'm sure that blacks want to go back to the days when people of Wallace's ilk ran things.:cuckoo:

Wallace was a Democrat.

So, the reality is that the Liberals are no different at heart than Wallace and his "ilk."

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN LYRICS - THE WHO

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

If only ALL my peeps were able to understand just how similar today's Dems. are to Wallace et al.

:(

You're Delusional.

I guess the old saying is correct.

Wallow with pigs and an onlooker won't be able to tell the difference between the two of you.

Under Bush unemployment among Black Americans dropped to 1.7 times the rate of Whites. Under obama the number of unemployed Black people is back over two times the White rate

libs are losers who fail and lie to themselves about it

"Actually, the black unemployment rate is lower now than when Obama took office, and the gap between the races is below the historical average. The black unemployment rate has averaged more than double the white rate for several decades."

How many millions more Black folk are newly added to the Welfare and SSDI roles?

And what does this say about the intent or at least the callous disregard the Obama shows you.

We are being victimized worse than we were/are by the cigarette companies and the hi-test wine firms who just saw us as prey.

This is you being a 'good debater.' It really is. Wait, it was you who said this right;

I'm curious. Are you here to actually debate, or would you rather we talk about some fat girl you knew in high school?

:eusa_whistle:

I'm here to be a dick to people who deserve it and debate those that deserve debating. You'll notice that I havent responded to Bedowin because he is an idiot.

I assume you would want me to treat him kindly because....shrug....just because.

No...Assholes get the asshole treatment like they should. Are you confused by this?

You can be whatever type of poster you choose, I just think it's comically absurd for you to have the attitude that you have and then wonder where all the 'good debaters' went - here's a hint, 'good debaters' see people like you as a waste of time.

And personally, I'd rather not discuss other posters like Bedowin with you; after all, we all know what kind of minds discuss people...

:badgrin:

Thats funny. I guess once you get around a bit more here and see more posts than my 2 you'll get a clearer understanding. Either way if you see me as a waste of time thats great but please dont judge me then end your post with "dont discuss people". At least break it up a bit so no one will see the irony that quickly.

In fact, the only thing you've done is talk about me. Which is also hilariously ironic.

Under Bush unemployment among Black Americans dropped to 1.7 times the rate of Whites. Under obama the number of unemployed Black people is back over two times the White rate

libs are losers who fail and lie to themselves about it

"Actually, the black unemployment rate is lower now than when Obama took office, and the gap between the races is below the historical average. The black unemployment rate has averaged more than double the white rate for several decades."

How many millions more Black folk are newly added to the Welfare and SSDI roles?

And what does this say about the intent or at least the callous disregard the Obama shows you.

We are being victimized worse than we were/are by the cigarette companies and the hi-test wine firms who just saw us as prey.

How many millions of white folk are newly added to Welfare and SSDI roles? What percentage of Blacks are on welfare? What percent of adult Black people are unemployed?

Obama doesn't know me personally nothing he has done has hurt my financial position. I'm not on welfare, unemployment, of SSDI, or any of those entitlement programs.

No one forced anyone to smoke cigarettes or to drink wine. Black unemployment is around 11 or 12%, that means that THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Blacks are employed.

How many millions of white folk are newly added to Welfare and SSDI roles? What percentage of Blacks are on welfare? What percent of adult Black people are unemployed?

Obama doesn't know me personally nothing he has done has hurt my financial position. I'm not on welfare, unemployment, of SSDI, or any of those entitlement programs.

No one forced anyone to smoke cigarettes or to drink wine. Black unemployment is around 11 or 12%, that means that THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Blacks are employed.

It means no such thing.

Theoretically, if 80% of a group aren't looking for work, 8% are working and 12% are drawing unempoyment....

That's 12% unemployment, not 92%

Your assertion is foolish and all too typical of someone that debates a topic with no understanding of it.

It means no such thing.

Theoretically, if 80% of a group aren't looking for work, 8% are working and 12% are drawing unempoyment....

Your assertion is foolish and all too typical of someone that debates a topic with no understanding of it.
I get my stats from the Bureau of Labor statistics, where did you get your "stats"? :)

It means no such thing.

I get my stats from the Bureau of Labor statistics, where did you get your "stats"? :)

From the BLS.

The difference is -- I'm literate

Wallace was a Democrat.

So, the reality is that the Liberals are no different at heart than Wallace and his "ilk."

If only ALL my peeps were able to understand just how similar today's Dems. are to Wallace et al.

You're Delusional.

I guess the old saying is correct.

Wallow with pigs and an onlooker won't be able to tell the difference between the two of you.

You're being a little hard on yourself.

:D

If we allow these points to define the issue of Black victimization by the Obama government and especially the Democrat Party majority government we will have downed the ball far short of the first down marker.

Democrats = The Party of Racists.

I'm all ears. How bad are they and how do the Repubs deserve our vote?

How have Democrat entitlement and entitlement programs changed the Black family for the worse since the 1960's when the Great Society was unleashed on us?

If you can't answer that I'll know how to deal with you.

I'm all ears. How bad are they and how do the Repubs deserve our vote?

How have Democrat entitlement and entitlement programs changed the Black family for the worse since the 1960's when the Great Society was unleashed on us?

If you can't answer that I'll know how to deal with you.

I thought you were going to...ahhh...I see...nevermind. See I thought you had an actual answer. Ya got me.

dimocraps are stupid. And what's much, much worse... They like it that way

Several years old but it still applies

Breakdown of the Black Family, and Its Consequences - Discover the Networks

According to the modern-day civil-rights establishment, most of the problems that currently afflict African Americans result directly from the intractable white racism that allegedly continues to plague blacks in every region of the country -- across all age groups, all educational levels, and all income brackets. This civil-rights elite largely ignores the role of issues within the black community, such as the calamitous breakdown of the black family since the 1960s, in framing its critique.

In mid-1960s America, the nation's out-of-wedlock birth rate (which stood at 7.7 percent at the time) began a rapid and relentless climb across all demographic lines, a climb that would continue unabated until 1994, when the Welfare Reform Act put the brakes on that trend. Today the overall American illegitimacy rate is about 33 percent (26 percent for whites). For blacks, it hovers at near 70 percent (currently, it is over 80%)—approximately three times the level of black illegitimacy that existed when the War on Poverty began in 1964.

Illegitimacy is an important issue because it has a great influence on all statistical indicators of a population group’s progress or decline. In 1987, for the first time in the history of any American racial or ethnic group, the birth rate for unmarried black women surpassed that for married black women, and that trend continued uninterrupted until the passage of welfare reform. The black out-of-wedlock birth rates in some inner cities now exceed 80 percent, and most of those mothers are teens. Because unmarried teenage mothers—whatever their race—typically have no steady employment, nearly 80 percent of them apply for welfare benefits within five years after giving birth to their first child. No group can withstand such a wholesale collapse of its family structure without experiencing devastating social consequences.

Father-absent families—black and white alike—generally occupy the bottom rung of our society’s economic ladder. Unwed mothers, regardless of their race, are four times more likely to live in poverty than the average American. Female-headed black families earn only 36 percent as much as two-parent black families, and female-headed white families earn just 46 percent as much as two-parent white families. Not only do unmarried mothers tend to earn relatively little, but their households are obviously limited to a single breadwinner—thus further widening the income gap between one-parent and two-parent families. Fully 85 percent of all black children in poverty live in single-parent, mother-child homes.

While the overall black poverty rate remains about two-and-a-half times higher than the white poverty rate (24 percent vs. 10 percent), the “face” of black poverty has changed dramatically in recent decades. At one time, almost all black families were poor, regardless of whether one or both parents were present. Today, however, two-parent black families are rarely poor. Among black families where both the husband and wife work full-time, the current poverty rate is a mere 2 percent. Moreover, the relatively small (13 percent) income disparity between black and white two-parent families completely disappears when we take into account such factors as occupational choices, educational attainment, age, geographic location, and comparative skills.

Children in single-parent households are raised not only with economic, but also social and psychological, disadvantages. For instance, they are four times as likely as children from intact families to be abused or neglected; much likelier to have trouble academically; twice as prone to drop out of school; three times more likely to have behavioral problems; much more apt to experience emotional disorders; far likelier to have a weak sense right and wrong; significantly less able to delay gratification and to control their violent or sexual impulses; two-and-a-half times likelier to be sexually active as teens; approximately twice as likely to conceive children out-of-wedlock when they are teens or young adults; and three times likelier to be on welfare when they reach adulthood.

In addition, growing up without a father is a far better forecaster of a boy’s future criminality than either race or poverty. Regardless of race, 70 percent of all young people in state reform institutions were raised in fatherless homes, as were 60 percent of rapists, 72 percent of adolescent murderers, and 70 percent of long-term prison inmates. As Heritage Foundation scholar Robert Rector has noted, “Illegitimacy is a major factor in America's crime problem. Lack of married parents, rather than race or poverty, is the principal factor in the crime rate.”

Since the black illegitimacy rate is so high, these pathologies plague blacks more than they affect any other demographic. “Even if white people were to become morally rejuvenated tomorrow,” writes black economist and professor Walter E. Williams, “it would do nothing for the problems plaguing a large segment of the black community. Illegitimacy, family breakdown, crime, and fraudulent education are devastating problems, but they are not civil rights problems.”

The civil-rights establishment, however, paints a very different picture, characterizing such problems as nothing more than by-products of white racism. That view, through decades of constant repetition, has won the minds of many black Americans. “Instead of admitting that racism has declined,” observes Shelby Steele, “we [blacks] argue all the harder that it is still alive and more insidious than ever. We hold race up to shield us from what we do not want to see in ourselves.”

It bears mention that the astronomical illegitimacy rate among African Americans is a relatively recent phenomenon. As late as 1950, black women nationwide were more likely to be married than white women, and only 9 percent of black families with children were headed by a single parent. In the 1950s, black children had a 52 percent chance of living with both their biological parents until age seventeen; by the 1980s those odds had dwindled to a mere 6 percent. In 1959, only 2 percent of black children were reared in households in which the mother never married; today that figure approaches 60 percent.

The destruction of this stable black family was set in motion by the policies and teachings of the left, which for decades have encouraged blacks to view themselves as outcasts from a hostile American society; to identify themselves as perpetual victims who are entitled to compensatory privileges designed to “level the playing field” in a land where discrimination would otherwise run rampant; and to reject “white” norms and traditions as part and parcel of the “racist” culture that allegedly despises blacks. It is not inconceivable that one of those traditions which many blacks have chosen to abjure is the institution of marriage. In their landmark book America in Black and White, Stephan and Abigail Thernstrom make this profoundly important observation:

“In the past three decades the proportion of intact married-couple families has declined precipitously even though the fraction of black women aged fifteen to forty-four who were divorced, separated, or widowed also went down.… It is thus not divorce but the failure to marry that has led to such a momentous change in black family patterns. The marriage rate for African Americans has plummeted in the past third of a century. In 1960 … lack women were only a shade less likely to marry than white women.... Today a clear majority of African American women aged fifteen to forty-five have never been married, as compared with just a third of their white counterparts…. Many fewer black women are marrying, and yet they continue to have children—which was not the case in an earlier era.”

dimocraps are just stupid.

And useless

According to the modern-day civil-rights establishment, most of the problems that currently afflict African Americans result directly from the intractable white racism that allegedly continues to plague blacks in every region of the country -- across all age groups, all educational levels, and all income brackets. This civil-rights elite largely ignores the role of issues within the black community, such as the calamitous breakdown of the black family since the 1960s, in framing its critique.

In mid-1960s America, the nation's out-of-wedlock birth rate (which stood at 7.7 percent at the time) began a rapid and relentless climb across all demographic lines, a climb that would continue unabated until 1994, when the Welfare Reform Act put the brakes on that trend. Today the overall American illegitimacy rate is about 33 percent (26 percent for whites). For blacks, it hovers at near 70 percent (currently, it is over 80%)—approximately three times the level of black illegitimacy that existed when the War on Poverty began in 1964.

Illegitimacy is an important issue because it has a great influence on all statistical indicators of a population group’s progress or decline. In 1987, for the first time in the history of any American racial or ethnic group, the birth rate for unmarried black women surpassed that for married black women, and that trend continued uninterrupted until the passage of welfare reform. The black out-of-wedlock birth rates in some inner cities now exceed 80 percent, and most of those mothers are teens. Because unmarried teenage mothers—whatever their race—typically have no steady employment, nearly 80 percent of them apply for welfare benefits within five years after giving birth to their first child. No group can withstand such a wholesale collapse of its family structure without experiencing devastating social consequences.

Father-absent families—black and white alike—generally occupy the bottom rung of our society’s economic ladder. Unwed mothers, regardless of their race, are four times more likely to live in poverty than the average American. Female-headed black families earn only 36 percent as much as two-parent black families, and female-headed white families earn just 46 percent as much as two-parent white families. Not only do unmarried mothers tend to earn relatively little, but their households are obviously limited to a single breadwinner—thus further widening the income gap between one-parent and two-parent families. Fully 85 percent of all black children in poverty live in single-parent, mother-child homes.

While the overall black poverty rate remains about two-and-a-half times higher than the white poverty rate (24 percent vs. 10 percent), the “face” of black poverty has changed dramatically in recent decades. At one time, almost all black families were poor, regardless of whether one or both parents were present. Today, however, two-parent black families are rarely poor. Among black families where both the husband and wife work full-time, the current poverty rate is a mere 2 percent. Moreover, the relatively small (13 percent) income disparity between black and white two-parent families completely disappears when we take into account such factors as occupational choices, educational attainment, age, geographic location, and comparative skills.

Children in single-parent households are raised not only with economic, but also social and psychological, disadvantages. For instance, they are four times as likely as children from intact families to be abused or neglected; much likelier to have trouble academically; twice as prone to drop out of school; three times more likely to have behavioral problems; much more apt to experience emotional disorders; far likelier to have a weak sense right and wrong; significantly less able to delay gratification and to control their violent or sexual impulses; two-and-a-half times likelier to be sexually active as teens; approximately twice as likely to conceive children out-of-wedlock when they are teens or young adults; and three times likelier to be on welfare when they reach adulthood.

In addition, growing up without a father is a far better forecaster of a boy’s future criminality than either race or poverty. Regardless of race, 70 percent of all young people in state reform institutions were raised in fatherless homes, as were 60 percent of rapists, 72 percent of adolescent murderers, and 70 percent of long-term prison inmates. As Heritage Foundation scholar Robert Rector has noted, “Illegitimacy is a major factor in America's crime problem. Lack of married parents, rather than race or poverty, is the principal factor in the crime rate.”

Since the black illegitimacy rate is so high, these pathologies plague blacks more than they affect any other demographic. “Even if white people were to become morally rejuvenated tomorrow,” writes black economist and professor Walter E. Williams, “it would do nothing for the problems plaguing a large segment of the black community. Illegitimacy, family breakdown, crime, and fraudulent education are devastating problems, but they are not civil rights problems.”

The civil-rights establishment, however, paints a very different picture, characterizing such problems as nothing more than by-products of white racism. That view, through decades of constant repetition, has won the minds of many black Americans. “Instead of admitting that racism has declined,” observes Shelby Steele, “we [blacks] argue all the harder that it is still alive and more insidious than ever. We hold race up to shield us from what we do not want to see in ourselves.”

It bears mention that the astronomical illegitimacy rate among African Americans is a relatively recent phenomenon. As late as 1950, black women nationwide were more likely to be married than white women, and only 9 percent of black families with children were headed by a single parent. In the 1950s, black children had a 52 percent chance of living with both their biological parents until age seventeen; by the 1980s those odds had dwindled to a mere 6 percent. In 1959, only 2 percent of black children were reared in households in which the mother never married; today that figure approaches 60 percent.

The destruction of this stable black family was set in motion by the policies and teachings of the left, which for decades have encouraged blacks to view themselves as outcasts from a hostile American society; to identify themselves as perpetual victims who are entitled to compensatory privileges designed to “level the playing field” in a land where discrimination would otherwise run rampant; and to reject “white” norms and traditions as part and parcel of the “racist” culture that allegedly despises blacks. It is not inconceivable that one of those traditions which many blacks have chosen to abjure is the institution of marriage. In their landmark book America in Black and White, Stephan and Abigail Thernstrom make this profoundly important observation:

“In the past three decades the proportion of intact married-couple families has declined precipitously even though the fraction of black women aged fifteen to forty-four who were divorced, separated, or widowed also went down.… It is thus not divorce but the failure to marry that has led to such a momentous change in black family patterns. The marriage rate for African Americans has plummeted in the past third of a century. In 1960 … lack women were only a shade less likely to marry than white women.... Today a clear majority of African American women aged fifteen to forty-five have never been married, as compared with just a third of their white counterparts…. Many fewer black women are marrying, and yet they continue to have children—which was not the case in an earlier era.”

And useless

You expect anyone to take this crap seriously?

Yeah..black Americans are poor because they brought it on themselves.

It has nothing to do with over 200 years of oppression..the poverty just happened.

Gosh.

You folks are silly.

Too bad Edge included a link because now where will he get his next topics from

RESOURCES:

The Black Family: 40 Years of Lies
By Kay Hymowitz
August 25, 2005

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime: The Breakdown of Marriage, Family, and Community
By Patrick Fagan, Ph.D.
March 17, 1995

The Origin of Black Female-Headed Families
By Erol Ricketts

The Moynihan Report and Ongoing Family Breakdown
By Rich Lowry
May 11, 2010

Why Our Black Families Are Failing
By William Raspberry
July 25, 2005

Diverse site ya got there. By Site I mean blog. And by blog I mean links to Heritage Foundation.

Sheesh

RESOURCES:

By Kay Hymowitz
August 25, 2005

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime: The Breakdown of Marriage, Family, and Community
By Patrick Fagan, Ph.D.
March 17, 1995

By Erol Ricketts

By Rich Lowry
May 11, 2010

By William Raspberry
July 25, 2005

Diverse site ya got there. By Site I mean blog. And by blog I mean links to Heritage Foundation.

Sheesh

Maybe you should reading something written by people with an IQ.

It would be a nice change for you.

Instead of getting your news from Comedy Central, I mean. Or CNN and pMSNBC.

Which are essentially the same thing

And useless

You expect anyone to take this crap seriously?

Yeah..black Americans are poor because they brought it on themselves.

It has nothing to do with over 200 years of oppression..the poverty just happened.

Gosh.

You folks are silly.

That's what you got out of that post? Seriously?

You're that stupid?

Guess so.

Remain a dimocrap, shallow. It's the only way you'll ever have any friends

RESOURCES:

By Kay Hymowitz
August 25, 2005

By Patrick Fagan, Ph.D.
March 17, 1995

By Erol Ricketts

By Rich Lowry
May 11, 2010

By William Raspberry
July 25, 2005

Sheesh

Maybe you should reading something written by people with an IQ.

It would be a nice change for you.

Instead of getting your news from Comedy Central, I mean. Or CNN and pMSNBC.

Which are essentially the same thing

Maybe you can pretend youre a stamp. Stick to one thing until you get to your point.

But that would be what someone who has a point would do.

Forum List

Back