Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there are reasons that things work out the way they do. So you look behind the outcome to see how it happened. The OP asked a question based on the outcomes and suggested that AA might be the cause. It patently isnt. There is not one shred of evidence to support that.
So it just looks like the usual underclass whine.

LIberals never attempt to look at unequal outcomes in a sensible manner. That is the point.

Their rule is the unequal outcome is proof of discrimination and anyone that argues against it, is a "racist".
You are inventing your own facts. Do you believe that the NFL has an AA policy ?

It does not Tommy. I have friends and relatives who played and coached in the NFL. The closest semblance of AA is the "Rooney Rule", which applies only to interviews for coaching positions.

Players are recruited and placed based on performance only.

He is bringing his personal disdain for so called "liberals" into a topic that his political agenda is not even relevant to. It makes no sense.....at all.

LIberals constantly refer to unequal outcomes as though that is all you need to "prove" discrimination.

That is a political matter.

Your denial of this fact is irrational.

Your incessant and irrational attempt to continue to push your disdain for "liberals" into this thread is off topic and actually quite immature.

My position to not engage you in your tantrum is what a normal person would do.

Race is a political issue in this country.

Your denial of this obvious fact, is dishonest.

Liberals and Conservatives address race differently so discussing the difference in a thread about possible racist discrimination,

is completely on topic.

LIberals never attempt to look at unequal outcomes in a sensible manner. That is the point.

Their rule is the unequal outcome is proof of discrimination and anyone that argues against it, is a "racist".

If you support that, as you seem to be doing....
Well there are reasons that things work out the way they do. So you look behind the outcome to see how it happened. The OP asked a question based on the outcomes and suggested that AA might be the cause. It patently isnt. There is not one shred of evidence to support that.

You should stop attempting to lecture people about "liberals", and you should also stop attempting to apply political logic to a topic where politics are not even remotely applicable.

The behavior I describe is visible CONSTANTLY on this site, and regularly in discussion about race in the larger world.

And it is the basis of policy in this country, policy and law.

As such, it is a valid topic of discussion.

No it is not. Your psychosis regarding "liberals" is beyond abnormal and appears to border on being an obsessive disorder.
You endlessly seek for examples of white people being neverending victims of everything, and everything is caused by someone else, who has no authority or power to victimize anyone.

Wealthy white males own the NFL, NBA and MLB. The players are selected based upon their ability to perform in one of the few environments in America where ability and performance is all that matters. If that offends your tender sensibilities, then you could always start a grassroots movement pushing for "Owners to produce equal outcome, based on relative population size".

And you would promptly be publically labled as a loon.

EVERY TIME I try to bring up "merit" in a discussion about an unequal outcome where the people underrepresented are minorities,

I am called a racist.

Is that reasonable in your mind? And if so, then why is it different when the skin in question is white?

If you support that, as you seem to be doing....

You are inventing your own facts. Do you believe that the NFL has an AA policy ?

Anytime I try to talk about stated policies regarding unequal outcomes with liberals, they ignore what I say, restate their complaints about the unequal outcomes and call me a racist.

By your standards, you are a racist.

Are you getting any of this? CAN YOU HEAR ME?

View attachment 245352

Do you hear yourself? The sane people here do.

My point is valid, and your dodging is either dishonesty, or delusion.

Anytime I try to talk about stated policies regarding unequal outcomes with liberals, they ignore what I say, restate their complaints about the unequal outcomes and call me a racist.

Totally relevant. The topic was that the OP implied that blacks are overrepresented in professional sports.

I stated very clearly that an inordinate number of blacks work for a very small number of white owners who collectively ewrn more money than all of the players combined.

If those same owners could make even more money by fielding a more integrated work force or even a predominately white work force they would do so.

There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability.
1. I never imply, insinuate, or infer anything, ever.

2. My conclusion in the OP was that because of the disproportionate number of blacks in some pro sports (ex. the NFL), to their % of the population, and the fact that the better players seem to be white, that therefore there might be affirmative action at work here, or at least there is some justification to have that question be asked. Got it now ?

3. There is no evidence that what you said about white owners is true. They may have other motives besides just making money.

4. You have shown no evidence whatsoever for your claim that >> "There is no affirmative action conspiracy against anyone in professional sports. It is based soley on ability." If you show evidence that there is no AA going on in these sports, I will examine that evidence, and conclude on it fairly, but thus far, you have not shown a shred of evidence, but merely have stated your unsubstantiated opinion.
Affirmative action in football and basketball starts in middle and high school and ends in college(when they push out the white guys from more rural high schools).

By the time college teams are formed all of the white guys in athletic positions have been pushed out. Pro Basketball hardly has any white American draft picks to choose from, and pro football has zero white defensive players or runningbacks.

So you are saying that coaches force white kids out so they can play black kids? When the white kids are better? THat is absolutely insane.

As for zero white running backs, Christian McCaffrey might be surprised to hear that. He has been playying running back for the Carolina Panthers for 2 years now.

JJ Watt, Joey Bosa, and Luke Kuechly might be surprised to hear that they don't exist as well. In fact, lots of people would be surprised that there are zero white defensive players in the NFL. Considering that JJ Watt has won the AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year 3 of his 5 years in the league. The AP also named Luke Kuechly the Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2012. And he became the youngest player to win the AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year. In fact, in the 7 years since JJ Watt won his first defensive player of the year award, it has been awarded to a white guy 4 times and a black guy 3 times.

Maybe if you knew anything about NFL football, you would know these facts.
You literally named 4 guys who are most assuredly going to be replaced by black guys once they retire.

Compare the number of white defensive players to the number of black offensive players or even just black quarterbacks and you come up short. Even more so at the college level.

There was literally an effort to bring in more black quarterbacks in the mid 2000s after McNabb and others stood out so much for being one of the only black quarterbacks, so why wouldn’t there be a similar effort to bring in and train up white runningbacks when they are much more so underrepresented today?

White people(especially white men)are discouraged from being aggressive from a very early age, while aggression of black males is always harnessed rather than deflated and attacked. There is no agenda to get rid of black masculinity, but the effort to weed out any trace of “toxic masculinity” from the few remaining white jocks is in full force.

I named 3 defensive stars and a star running back in a league where you said there were zero.

And if society is putting pressure on men one way or the other, that is not affirmative action.

Affirmative action is where a less qualified person gets the job because of their race or gender. That has not been shown.

Time and time again, if any such reason is offered to explain unequal outcomes when blacks or browns are underrepresented,

liberals dismiss any and all arguments, restate the unequal outcome and accused the person citing reasons to be racist.

This is not a "lib issue" or a "racial issue". You and the idiot OP are the ones who are race baiting and repeating yourselves and sounding absurd.

If there was actually anti white discrimination in the NFL, white people would not be turning out by the thousands to attend games, every year, and the highest paid players would not be white.

White players who did not make it and were good enough to make it would speak up as well.

In fact, your god, Trump tried to buy an NFL team once, and was rejected.
White people turn out to support all black teams for the same reason they vote for political parties that explicitly state that they will do nothing for them or even disenfranchise them, we have been robbed of our culture, our pride and our collective identity.

I still have my pride and my culture. Not sure what happened to yours.
It was destroyed by the left wing and the right did absolutely nothing while they did so.

What culture was destroyed? Not mine. I can still enjoy my redneck side. I still hunt, fish, camp, drink, shoot and raise a little hell on occasion.

I must be
This is not a "lib issue" or a "racial issue". You and the idiot OP are the ones who are race baiting and repeating yourselves and sounding absurd.

If there was actually anti white discrimination in the NFL, white people would not be turning out by the thousands to attend games, every year, and the highest paid players would not be white.

White players who did not make it and were good enough to make it would speak up as well.

White people turn out to support all black teams for the same reason they vote for political parties that explicitly state that they will do nothing for them or even disenfranchise them, we have been robbed of our culture, our pride and our collective identity.

I still have my pride and my culture. Not sure what happened to yours.
It was destroyed by the left wing and the right did absolutely nothing while they did so.

What culture was destroyed? Not mine. I can still enjoy my redneck side. I still hunt, fish, camp, drink, shoot and raise a little hell on occasion.

I don't think all those things are only limited to "rednecks." But I get your point. White culture isn't going anywhere, the various ethnic groups in the while race are never going to lack pride and nobody wants them to.
pdwb is crazy. An absolute loon.

You are so full of shit.

It seems absurd to state that the NFL favours black players when they have punished Kapernik so much. Perhaps the OP could provide some names of players who are suffering from this supposed AA ?

That one very outspoken player got punished, does not disprove the unequal outcome.

By liberals standards, unequal outcome is proof of discrimination.

That you deny that, by lib standards, is proof you are a racist. And stupid. And evul.

You have been robbed of your mind millennial.

We all noticed that you utterly failed to address ANYTHING he said.

You lose.

It seems absurd to state that the NFL favours black players when they have punished Kapernik so much. Perhaps the OP could provide some names of players who are suffering from this supposed AA ?

That one very outspoken player got punished, does not disprove the unequal outcome.

That you deny that, by lib standards, is proof you are a racist. And stupid. And evul.

White people do not turn out to specificaly support "black teams". As with any sportsfans, they turn out for their "home team" or their "favorite" team.

And since the vast majority of the teams in professional sports are "white owned" there are no "black teams"

And who robbed you of your "culture, your pride and identity"?

On a per capita basis, white males are and have been the most rewarded demographic in the country based on monetary wealth and political power since America was founded.

THe owner does not define the team, the players do.

Your denial of the fact that white fans support all, and/or vastly majority black teams is an obvious and cowardly lie.

White people do not turn out to specificaly support "black teams". As with any sportsfans, they turn out for their "home team" or their "favorite" team.

And since the vast majority of the teams in professional sports are "white owned" there are no "black teams"

On a per capita basis, white males are and have been the most rewarded demographic in the country based on monetary wealth and political power since America was founded.

Your denial of the fact that white fans support all, and/or vastly majority black teams is an obvious and cowardly lie.

Now you are just lying. Which even for you is an all time low.

The actions of a business owner or manager is what defines the "CULTURE" of any team or organization.

Fans come out to support the "TEAM/ORGANIZATION". They identify with the uniform and what the "TEAM/ORGANIZATION" represents to them, whether it is hometown pride or pride in what the team has accomplished.

When players suit up and show up to play, fans are not there to specifically support black players, and for you to imply that it is anything else other than that is disingenuous on your part.

You should think before making such ludicrous statements. There are no 'black teams" the owners set the standard for what the organization stands for.

Last edited:

You lose.
There was nothing to address, because what he "said" was nonsense.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

View attachment 245352

No I am not a racist. You are.

I believe that team owners/managers select the players who the feel will help them win. The NFL recruits and pays based on who they feel are the best qualified to represent them on the field.

And having known people who are employed in the sport as players and coaches, that is what they do.

The fact that you are attempting to find some form of anti white discrimination in one of the few professions where it is only ability that matters, makes you a race baiting asshole, and hypocrite.

Last edited:

View attachment 245352

No I am not a racist. I believe that team owners/managers select the players who the feel will help them win.

And having known people who are employed in the sport as players and coaches, that is what they do.

The fact that you are attempting to find some form of anti white discrimination in one the few professions where it is only ability that matters, makes you a race baiting asshole, of the same variety that you endlessly label others with being.
You are a hypocrite.

You should stop attempting to lecture people about "liberals", and you should also stop attempting to apply political logic to a topic where politics are not even remotely applicable.

The behavior I describe is visible CONSTANTLY on this site, and regularly in discussion about race in the larger world.

No it is not. Your psychosis regarding "liberals" is beyond abnormal and appears to border on being an obsessive disorder.
You endlessly seek for examples of white people being neverending victims of everything, and everything is caused by someone else, who has no authority or power to victimize anyone.

Wealthy white males own the NFL, NBA and MLB. The players are selected based upon their ability to perform in one of the few environments in America where ability and performance is all that matters. If that offends your tender sensibilities, then you could always start a grassroots movement pushing for "Owners to produce equal outcome, based on relative population size".

EVERY TIME I try to bring up "merit" in a discussion about an unequal outcome where the people underrepresented are minorities,

I am called a racist.

Is that reasonable in your mind? And if so, then why is it different when the skin in question is white?

As evidenced in this thread, the only one who has been referring to others as "racist" is you, and the idiot who started this thread.

I have asserted from the beginning of this nonsense, that professional sports is one of a very few fields where race, nepotism, cronyism and favoritism are not factors that determine who gets the job.

That aside, what does you being called a racist IN RETURN have to do with this thread?

You asked for IT by starting IT, now you are crying "foul".

Grow up.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

The actions of a business owner or manager is what defines the "CULTURE" of any team or organization.

Fans come out to support the "TEAM/ORGANIZATION". They identify with the uniform and what the "TEAM/ORGANIZATION" represents to them, whether it is hometown pride or pride in what the team has accomplished.

When players suit up and show up to play, fans are not there to specifically support black players, and for you to imply that it is anything else other than that is disingenuous on your part.

You should think before making such ludicrous statements. There are no 'black teams" the owners set the standard for what the organization stands for.

Are you seriously unable to read my statements and get a clue as to their meaning?

You lose.

You know what would really prove that it was "nonsense" if it was?

Pointing out what was nonsense about it.

Funny, neither of you tried that obvious step.

FUnny strange NOt funny, hah hah.

Are you seriously unable to read my statements and get a clue as to their meaning?

ROFLMAO. Unfortunately for me, I have spent valuable time reading all of your statements.

I am called a racist.

As evidenced in this thread, the only one who has been referring to others as "racist" is you, and the idiot who started this thread.

I have asserted from the beginning of this nonsense, that professional sports is one of a very few fields where race, nepotism, cronyism and favoritism are not factors that determine who gets the job.

That aside, what does you being called a racist IN RETURN have to do with this thread?

Grow up.

Your pretense that this conversation takes place in a vacuum is noted and laughed at.

ROFLMAO. Unfortunately for me, I have spent valuable time reading all of your statements.

But you obviously failed to understand, very simple words or phrases.

For example, you can't tell the difference between the words, "team" and "players".

Seriously. Your entire response is to a point, that I never even came close to making.

You lose.

You know what would really prove that it was "nonsense" if it was?

Pointing out what was nonsense about it.

Funny, neither of you tried that obvious step.

FUnny strange NOt funny, hah hah.

It was clearly pointed out that AA does not factor into the NFL. Not only by me, who is a moderate that has been around professional athletes as friends, both black and white, who have played as well as coached, but a few others as well.

Even some who you would define as pro white conservatives, have also said the same thing. You just refuse to accept what is factual.

I am called a racist.

Grow up.

Your pretense that this conversation takes place in a vacuum is noted and laughed at.

No pretense. Logic and facts. Your inability to apply common sense on this topic is noted as well as dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back