Blindfold Challenge

No one is color blind in regards to race. Its not even natural.

If you want to suggest you cannot be colorblind ... I am not going to argue with that. I never said it was normal ... Which is why I appreciate it.

Normal happens by design ... Exceptional often requires some effort ... Something you probably have problems understanding all the time.

When you claim you are colorblind you are actually lying to yourself. If you didnt see color you would have no need to mention you were colorblind. You would have no awareness of the concept. I might add that since most people are effected and define themselves by their race you therefore are not seeing them and the realities they face because of their color. Whats exceptional about that?

If you mean that you treat people the same inspite of their color then I can say thats is indeed exceptional.

Last edited:
When you claim you are colorblind you are actually lying to yourself. If you didnt see color you would have no need to mention you were colorblind. You would have no awareness of the concept. I might add that since some people define themselves by their race you therefore are not seeing them. Whats exceptional about that?

You are simply wrong with the first part of your comments.

To address the part about "people who define themselves by their race" ... They are not colorblind and I don't appreciate them the same if they are defined by race. That doesn't mean anything more than the fact they are more interested in their race. I am not interested in race at all (yours, mine or the guy's next door).

By all means don't try to shackle me with your bigotry and inadequicies.

When you claim you are colorblind you are actually lying to yourself. If you didnt see color you would have no need to mention you were colorblind. You would have no awareness of the concept. I might add that since some people define themselves by their race you therefore are not seeing them. Whats exceptional about that?

You are simply wrong with the first part of your comments.

To address the part about "people who define themselves by their race" ... They are not colorblind and I don't appreciate them the same if they are defined by race. That doesn't mean anything more than the fact they are more interested in their race. I am not interested in race at all (yours, mine or the guy's next door).

By all means don't try to shackle me with your bigotry and inadequicies.

No I'm actually right. You merely have a different and erroneous opinion. Its a very basic need of human nature to be accepted. If you reject any part of what makes a person who they are then you do them disservice. If you dont care then you are not as exceptional as you seem to believe. If you note you asked me not to "shackle" you which bears out the truth in my statement. You are very tied to this concept of colorblindness. It is part of who you are and my rejection of that notion bothers you. I dont meant to shackle you. I mean to point out the fallacy of your stance since you are only 1 person living amongst billions. If you were truly colorblind you would have no need to state it. If you were half as exceptional as you seem to believe you are then you would be able to take a step back and see the error. Maybe this link will assist you.

I 8217 m not Racist I 8217 m Colorblind SociologyInFocus

Race does exist and it does matter for what happens to people. Pretending not to see race does not make the problems of race go away. Instead, colorblindness maintains these problems because they do not get addressed asracial problems. If we ignore race – particularly the history of race and racism and its long term effects – we bring the wrong tools to the task of solving problems.

No I'm actually right. You merely have a different and erroneous opinion. Its a very basic need of human nature to be accepted. If you reject any part of what makes a person who they are then you do them disservice. If you dont care then you are not as exceptional as you seem to believe. If you note you asked me not to "shackle" you which bears out the truth in my statement. You are very tied to this concept of colorblindness. It is part of who you are and my rejection of that notion bothers you. I dont meant to shackle you. I mean to point out the fallacy of your stance since you are only 1 person living amongst billions. If you were truly colorblind you would have no need to state it. If you were half as exceptional as you seem to believe you are then you would be able to take a step back and see the error. Maybe this link will assist you.

Race does exist and it does matter for what happens to people. Pretending not to see race does not make the problems of race go away. Instead, colorblindness maintains these problems because they do not get addressed asracial problems. If we ignore race – particularly the history of race and racism and its long term effects – we bring the wrong tools to the task of solving problems.

Yeah whatever .. If race makes you who you are ... Then you are a bigot. When you and any of the other bigots get ready to join the rest us in a world where race doesn't matter ... You will find yourself welcome.

Until then, conduct studies, write books ... And spread your bigotry (we don't care and your message is of little use).

Yeah whatever .. If race makes you who you are ... Then you are a bigot. When you and any of the other bigots get ready to join the rest us in a world where race doesn't matter ... You will find yourself welcome.

Until then, conduct studies, write books ... And spread your bigotry (we don't care and your message is of little use).

Your post seems to prove you either dont know what bigot means and or you are a bigot yourself. I linked to the definition so you will be educated on what bigot means. Open your mind and you will achieve the exceptionalism you seek.

Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Well, I grew up in Long Beach California and went to Long Beach Poly H.S. which was and still is predominately Black. There were no Crips or Bloods but there was a local Long Beach gang called "The Insaynes". So yeah, I can differentiate the thugs from the good guys pretty quickly.

But hey, I'm too old to fight now. How many 51 year old MMA fighters or Boxers you see?

But what I'm not too old to do is reach for what is on my waistband. And at most distances "I'm a real Frederick Zoller!"

Your post seems to prove you either dont know what bigot means and or you are a bigot yourself. I linked to the definition so you will be educated on what bigot means. Open your mind and you will achieve the exceptionalism you seek.

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

": a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices;"

I am perfectly okay with the definition that you provided ... Your bigotry is what requires the inclusion of the special case .. It doesn't allow you to see your error.

Your desire to co-op the language to suit your needs in reference to race is precisely what I am identifying as part of your bigotry ... Or intolerant views you are devoted to.

Last edited:

": a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices;"

I am perfectly okay with the definition that you provided ... Your bigotry is what requires the inclusion of the special case .. It doesn't allow you to see your error.

Your desire to co-op the language to suit your needs in reference to race is precisely what I am identifying as part of your bigotry ... Or intolerant views you are devoted to.

You seem to miss the fact that describes you to a tee. You are holding onto your beliefs even when enlightened. You claiming not to see race is a lie and an insult to people that are effected by their race. Your desire to come off as not racist is a misguided attempt that will never make sense as long as people are effected by racism. You cant see them if you cant see race.

You seem to miss the fact that describes you to a tee. You are holding onto your beliefs even when enlightened. You claiming not to see race is a lie and an insult to people that are effected by their race. Your desire to come off as not racist is a misguided attempt that will never make sense as long as people are effected by racism. You cant see them if you cant see race.

If race does not concern me or my ideas ... Then there is no way your assertions could describe me at all.

The bigoted, intolerant views you are devoted to ... Require you to force your bigoted opinion on me. I am not subject in your imaginary kingdom ... Nor am I required to put race above humanity in any form.

If you are required to abed race in the discussion of your intolerant views ... Then you are a bigot by your own understanding of the definition you supplied in its entirety ... And are too ignorant or blinded by bigotry to see it.

Carry on ... And continue to prove my point.

If race does not concern me or my ideas ... Then there is no way your assertions could describe me at all.

The bigoted, intolerant views you are devoted to ... Require you to force your bigoted opinion on me. I am not subject in your imaginary kingdom ... Nor am I required to put race above humanity in any form.

If you are require to abed race in the discussion of your intolerant views ... Then you are a bigot by your own understanding of the definition you supplied ... And are too ignorant or blinded by bigotry to see it.

Carry on ... And continue to prove my point.

Race does concern you. You made that obvious by stating you were colorblind. As I pointed out earlier if you didnt notice race you would not have any concept of the notion and would never have mentioned it. Why would you make the statement you were colorblind if you didnt notice race?

I am not intolerant of your views. I just know you are lying to yourself. Pointing that out doesnt make me intolerant. Your being defensive for no reason. I didnt tell you to put race above humanity. The problem is you have an altered, naive view of humanity because you cant or refuse to acknowledge race which shapes the lives of humans everywhere. If you chose to do so thats fine with me. I dont hate you for it. I'd rather that than you be a flaming racist.

Race does concern you. You made that obvious by stating you were colorblind. As I pointed out earlier if you didnt notice race you would not have any concept of the notion and would never have mentioned it. Why would you make the statement you were colorblind if you didnt notice race?

I am not intolerant of your views. I just know you are lying to yourself. Pointing that out doesnt make me intolerant. Your being defensive for no reason. I didnt tell you to put race above humanity. The problem is you have an altered, naive view of humanity because you cant or refuse to acknowledge race which shapes the lives of humans everywhere. If you chose to do so thats fine with me. I dont hate you for it. I'd rather that than you be a flaming racist.

If you are suggesting that race concerns me because I indicted doesn't ... Is another sign of your intolerant and bigoted views. I am only defense again you insistence in forcing you bigoted intolerant views on me. If the mention of excluding race as any kind of factor means that I desire to include race as a qualifier ... You are an absolute nincompoop.

Your are intolerant and bigoted against my views in the sense you keep trying to force your intolerant and bigoted ideas you are devoted on me.

Keep on digging ... You still only prove me correct ... And my guess is that you are the blind bigoted type of nincompoop that is too ashamed to face your own shortcoming that you wish to impose them on others like me.

I will be so glad when bigots like you can leave race behind and decide to join the rest of us in a world more concerned with humanity as a whole.

If you are suggesting that race concerns me because I indicted doesn't ... Is another sign of your intolerant and bigoted views. I am only defense again you insistence in forcing you bigoted intolerant views on me. If the mention of excluding race as any kind of factor means that I desire to include race as a qualifier ... You are an absolute nincompoop.

Your are intolerant and bigoted against my views in the sense you keep trying to force your intolerant and bigoted ideas you are devoted on me.

Keep on digging ... You still only prove me correct ... And my guess is that you are the blind bigoted type of nincompoop that is too ashamed to face your own shortcoming that you wish to impose them on others like me.

I will be so glad when bigots like you can leave race behind and decide to join the rest of us in a world more concerned with humanity as a whole.

I'm not suggesting and you avoided my question. Why would you feel the need to say you are colorblind if you dont see it in the first place? Thats a fabrication a 4 yr old can spot. I cant force anything on you. You are not my child. You are defensive because you see the logic loop you are stuck in. You claim to be colorblind so please explain how do you know you are color blind if you dont see color?

I'm not digging. I am responding to your posts. Race will be left behind when everyone is considered the same race. Since your eyes are typically the sensory organ that receives the most input, I dont see that happening. You cant keep people from noticing differences. Its an instinct. Your ancestors survived because of this instinct of humans categorizing things. The humans that were unable to categorize things never got to pass on their genes. Sorry if that bothers you but its the truth.

I'm not suggesting and you avoided my question. Why would you feel the need to say you are colorblind if you dont see it in the first place?

Uh ... Because your question is ignorant ... And does nothing more than further press your bigoted views on me. The idea that race should not be considered over humanity in no way suggests that it should.

The rest of your post is rambling bigotry that doesn't require or deserve response ... Sorry if I mislead you into believing I might be interested in race over humanity or more of your intolerant bigoted ideas.

I'm not suggesting and you avoided my question. Why would you feel the need to say you are colorblind if you dont see it in the first place?

Uh ... Because your question is ignorant ... And does nothing more than further press your bigoted views on me. The idea that race should not be considered over humanity in no way suggests that it should.

The rest of your post is rambling bigotry that doesn't require or deserve response ... Sorry if I mislead you into believing I might be interested in race over humanity or more of your intolerant bigoted ideas.

Asking a question is not pressing my views. Its asking you to present yours so I can listen to them. Again I cant press my views onto you. As any human, you have free will to believe what you want to. Can you answer the question? Why would you feel the need to say you are colorblind if you dont see it in the first place?

Asking a question is not pressing my views. Its asking you to present yours so I can listen to them. Again I cant press my views onto you. As any human, you have free will to believe what you want to. Can you answer the question? Why would you feel the need to say you are colorblind if you dont see it in the first place?

Your question was based in ideas that did not apply to the situation you were questioning ... The desire to continue pressing the issue is an example of your desire to remain devoted to your bigoted ideas.

Saying race doesn't matter in no way suggests that it does.

Keep asking the stupid question and I will keep answering it. I never said you could make me agree with your intolerant bigoted views ... In fact I pretty much expressed the idea you are wasting your time trying to.

The thing bigots like you are always slow at catching on about ... Is the fact that no matter how much you believe something ... That has no bearing or influence on whether or not it is true.

Your question was based in ideas that did not apply to the situation you were questioning ... The desire to continue pressing the issue is an example of your desire to remain devoted to your bigoted ideas.

Saying race doesn't matter in no way suggests that it does.

Keep asking the stupid question and I will keep answering it. I never said you could make me agree with your intolerant bigoted views ... In fact I pretty much expressed the idea you are wasting your time trying to.

The thing bigots like you are always slow at catching on about ... Is the fact that no matter how much you believe something ... That has no bearing or influence on whether or not it is true.

My question absolutely applies. You claimed to be colorblind. Again thats is your defensiveness cropping up again. Thanks for admitting its impossible for you to give an honest answer. Its OK but just know that I know.

My question absolutely applies. You claimed to be colorblind. Again thats is your defensiveness cropping up again. Thanks for admitting its impossible for you to give an honest answer. Its OK but just know that I know.

Do you understand the definition of colorblind and the fact it means race does not apply, qualify or make any distinction as an area of concern?

It is impossible to say race plays a factor in a situation where you don't care about race.

There is no need to continue to ask the same question over and over ... It simply doesn't apply. There is no need to continue to express your bigoted, intolerant and fundamentally vacant ideas regarding the fact you believe race has to be identified in order to not factor it into the equation.

If you feel the need to find some mental and ideological support for your bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance ... I can provide you with several links to articles that express the same bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance.

The only thing I think you are missing is the fact your bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance will never allow you to ever put race behind you ... And you will always be shackled to bigotry and intolerance.

Do you understand the definition of colorblind and the fact it means race does not apply, qualify or make any distinction as an area of concern?

It is impossible to say race plays a factor in a situation where you don't care about race.

There is no need to continue to ask the same question over and over ... It simply doesn't apply. There is no need to continue to express your bigoted, intolerant and fundamentally vacant ideas regarding the fact you believe race has to be identified in order to not factor it into the equation.

If you feel the need to find some mental and ideological support for your bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance ... I can provide you with several links to articles that express the same bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance.

The only thing I think you are missing is the fact your bigoted, intolerant and ultimately vacant stance will never allow you to ever put race behind you ... And you will always be shackled to bigotry and intolerance.

Yes I understand thats what you mean. The point is that it is a fallacy. Unless you physically cannot see me and or detect my race your reactions to me are going to take race into account. Even if you were unable to detect my race the fact you are aware of its existence is going to mess with your instinctive need to categorize everything and every person you meet.

I wont ask you the same question because its apparent you are too stuck in your logic loop to address it. I dont feel the need for support. If i did there are countless articles voicing the same stance I have from Black people such as myself.

I dont plan to put race behind me. I like the different races. Variety is the spice of life.

Yes I understand thats what you mean. The point is that it is a fallacy. Unless you physically cannot see me and or detect my race your reactions to me are going to take race into account. Even if you were unable to detect my race the fact you are aware of its existence is going to mess with your instinctive need to categorize everything and every person you meet.

I wont ask you the same question because its apparent you are too stuck in your logic loop to address it. I dont feel the need for support. If i did there are countless articles voicing the same stance I have from Black people such as myself.

I dont plan to put race behind me. I like the different races. Variety is the spice of life.

It isn't a fallacy ... What you keep referring to is identified as "colorblind racism" ... And it is a crock of shit.

It doesn't matter if you are black to me ... I don't care. It doesn't matter to me if you feel the need to cling on to your bigoted, intolerant ideas regarding race ... It doesn't matter to me. If you want to remain in the Stone Age ... Well I can assure you that you won't be alone. Some people will always attempt to find a way to justify their bigotry.

Forum List

Back