Bo Bergdahl 'Skates'

The military did not uniformly want 14 years in prison; this is what they got of the convicted:

Terrence Russell, a division chief for the Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, developed a 1,200-page transcript from debriefings of Bergdahl that was turned into a database. The information produced reports on tactics used by insurgents and hostage-takers in the region that are still used by the military, Russell said.

Bergdahl received punishment consistent with what other deserters receive
Really, what cases can you cite?

Military makes little effort to punish deserters

There is no crack team of bounty hunters, no elite military unit whose job is to track them down and bring them in.

Despite a rise in desertions from the Army as the Iraq war drags on into a fifth year, the U.S. military does almost nothing to find those who flee and rarely prosecutes those it gets its hands on.

An Associated Press examination of Pentagon figures shows that 174 troops were court-martialed by the Army last year for desertion — a figure that amounts to just 5 percent of the 3,301 soldiers who deserted in fiscal year 2006. The figures are about 1 percent or less for the Navy and the Marines, according to data obtained by the AP under the Freedom of Information Act.

Some deserters are simply allowed to return to their units, while the majority are discharged in non-criminal proceedings on less-than-honorable terms.

A coward trying to protect a coward

It's not working

Fact is

Most deserters face no other punishment than dishonorable discharge

this was an aggravated case------he seems to have GONE OVER TO THE ENEMY------the present WAR ON TERRORISM is actually considered an undeclared war.
------the schmuck committed treason

Berghdal also provided valuable intelligence about the Taliban when he returned. He had close up knowledge of their organization and tactics

that's good----I am actually satisfied with the sentence-------sorta ------I cried when I read the "EXECUTION OF PRIVATE SLOVAK"

Did you also cry about the 100,000 American casualties during the
Battle of the Bulge, that only lasted 7 weeks.

Slovak was given 3 or 4 chances to return to his unit and refused
every one of them. He refused to fight. With 100,000 dead or wounded
laying all around you...and possibly having the war prolonged, IKE had
to cut down on desertions. Slovak did the trick.

He paid for his walk about with five years as prisoner of the Taliban. He's lost his bennies, his name will go down in infamy. He's paid enough.
I'm sorry the soldiers were hurt looking for him, but ANY mission out there could have had the same outcome. As Trump would say, they knew what they signed up for.
He got a slap on the wrist, he was in the custody of the Taliban voluntarily. He deserves to be executed

He paid for his walk about with five years as prisoner of the Taliban. He's lost his bennies, his name will go down in infamy. He's paid enough.
I'm sorry the soldiers were hurt looking for him, but ANY mission out there could have had the same outcome. As Trump would say, they knew what they signed up for.
He got a slap on the wrist, he was in the custody of the Taliban voluntarily. He deserves to be executed

The military did not ask for that punishment. Are they wrong as well as the Judge in your eyes?

He probably needs to move away from Idaho.

Most of those folks up there don't take kindly to people like him.
Hopefully they make him pay a real penalty

Somebody probably will. They are anti-feds up there, but they don't take
kindly to this crap.

I remember when the talk of desertion and going over to the enemy first came
up. That town previously had yellow ribbons everywhere for him and were
ready to welcome him home. Once the news broke...All the ribbons disappeared real quick like

Does anyone think that a veteran that settles the score with Bergdhal will get the same sentence?

Military makes little effort to punish deserters

There is no crack team of bounty hunters, no elite military unit whose job is to track them down and bring them in.

Despite a rise in desertions from the Army as the Iraq war drags on into a fifth year, the U.S. military does almost nothing to find those who flee and rarely prosecutes those it gets its hands on.

An Associated Press examination of Pentagon figures shows that 174 troops were court-martialed by the Army last year for desertion — a figure that amounts to just 5 percent of the 3,301 soldiers who deserted in fiscal year 2006. The figures are about 1 percent or less for the Navy and the Marines, according to data obtained by the AP under the Freedom of Information Act.

Some deserters are simply allowed to return to their units, while the majority are discharged in non-criminal proceedings on less-than-honorable terms.
Obviously, he Got a slap on the wrist

He was punished consistent with what other deserters received

Just because Crazy Donnie called for his death is not reason to give him a more severe punishment
He needs to be hunted down, Someone will beat the shit out of him. Hopefully daily

Knowing those who voted for Trump, I am not surprised

Lets be honest here......

Conservatives are not calling for Bergdahls head because he deserted

They are calling for his head because Obama arranged his release

Again, the military wanted 14 years, but I have read no statements disagreeing with sentence, from military personnel. A horribly emotional case.

Military personnel would never issue statements regarding this.

Hopefully he walks around scared the rest of his life... Him being a coward I’m sure he will. LOL

War was never declared, that probably had something to do with the military request and sentence.

Obama released five killers that returned to the fight. Obama also paid a ransom. Obama is a traitor too.

We need to put a noose at both ends of the rope and put those two on the same horse under a sturdy branch.

Obama released five killers that returned to the fight. Obama also paid a ransom. Obama is a traitor too.

We need to put a noose at both ends of the rope and put those two on the same horse under a sturdy branch.

Obama got an American released from torturous captivity

His "crime" did not justify abandoning him

Obama got an American released from torturous captivity

His "crime" did not justify abandoning him
Bergdahl was in Taliban custody voluntarily, the shit stain that he is deserves to be executed

The whole Berghdal story is bizarre.
Even though there were already suspicions the guy had deserted, Obama goes ahead and has a rose garden ceremony with his parents celebrating his rescue. If that wasn't disgusting enough, we now have this travesty of a sentence.

Again, the military wanted 14 years, but I have read no statements disagreeing with sentence, from military personnel. A horribly emotional case.

Military personnel would never issue statements regarding this.

Thank God for real military after the creature sentenced today.

Who was sentenced?

The creature, Bergdahl, I let my emotions take over.

Oh.... mkay.

Forum List

Back